Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,091 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:07 PM

Nig 2- 0 Chad: Match Review And What Are Your Ratings - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nig 2- 0 Chad: Match Review And What Are Your Ratings (544 Views)

Ratings: Top 20 Nigerian Players On FIFA 16 / Watch And Download Video: Nigeria 2 – 0 Chad All Goals And Highlights 2015 / Watch AFCON Qualifiers Highlights: Nigeria 2 – 0 Chad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nig 2- 0 Chad: Match Review And What Are Your Ratings by clevadani: 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
Nigeria kickstarted her bid to qualify for the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon with a routine victory over Chad. The super Eagles who failed to qualify for the previous edition in Equatorial Guinea earlier this year were hoping to put up a good performance to help alleviate the pains Nigerians suffered during this dark week of football.
We really played poorly in 1st first half but really improved in the 2nd half. Our backline was really impressive considering it was their first game together.
Balogun made excellent tackles throughout and all his throws always got to their target no matter how far they seemed. Kingsley madu was excellent in both attack and defense. Ekong was good but he should stop trying to clear with his head when the ball can easily be cleared with his leg. Omeruo played well.
Our midfield was horrible in the first half. Couldn't create anything and nor control the game. The subs really improved the game in the second. Balogun can be better if he stops trying to do too much. Etiti was the most improved player in the second half. Onazi was not really great. I couldn't pinpoint his position in the team. He really disappointed by earning himself a red card. Seeing Rabiu Ibrahim gave me joy and his impressive performance made me smile. He held the ball well,with good link up play and was able to display the kind of movement that made him to be compared to the legendary Okocha. John Ogu eventually helped us seal the game even if we were one man down. Really impressed me.
The player that suprised me was Aaron Samuel. Never knew we could have a big striker who was good with the ball at his feet. Salami took his goal very well and showed that we have talent in our local league. Ahmed musa was probably our worst attacker today. His crosses was very poor and lacked end product. Odion Ighalo showed why there was clamour for him to be included in this team and why he is one of the best striker in the English championship with one goal and an assist. His introduction into the game changed it for Nigeria.
Overall the first half gave us reasons why the 'super' in Super Eagles should be erased with a very appalling half. But the improvements shown in the second half gave u reasons to have hope in the team.
Man Of The Match: Because of his assist, his goal,his overall play after his introduction and the way he won the penalty,Odion Ighalo deserves to be our man of the match.
Flop Of The Match: Because he made almost no impact in the game and his actions to earn himself a red card effectively ruling himself out of the next match,Ogenyi Onazi is 'proudly' our flop of the match.
Team's rating:6/10
Coach's rating:5/10

(1) (Reply)

Merrybet Promise A Better Odds For The Coming Season / Win N200,000 For Free ! Just Predict Copa America Quarter-finals Scores / WBO Strips Floyd Mayweather Of Welterweight Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.