Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,654 members, 7,889,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:54 PM

The Habit Of Random Desktop Refreshing! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Habit Of Random Desktop Refreshing! (787 Views)

SOLD. Asus Chromebox (mini Cute Desktop Cpu) For Sale @10k / The Thing About Random Access Memory (RAM). / Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Habit Of Random Desktop Refreshing! by shawlxAk(m): 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
Some people are in the habit of randomly refreshing their desktops for whatever reason. I used to do that a lot in the past, I'll admit.

This practice is very common among some Computer Engineers and Technicians too. They give the impression that, when you right-click on your Windows desktop and click "Refresh", it clears your computer’s memory and "refreshes" your Windows Operating System, thereby making your computer run smoothly. Totally wrong!!

I visited a print shop recently and the printer device would not function correctly. The computer operator kept refreshing the Desktop in a frenzy!

The Desktop is just a folder in the operating system. By design, it auto-refreshes to update its contents. This basically applies to all other locations on your computer E.g. Pictures, Documents, etc.

However, you may sometimes discover that a file or folder you just created, moved, deleted or renamed does not appear on the Desktop or any particular location on the computer. In this case, it is justified to manually refresh the location by right-clicking in an empty area and selecting Refresh or simply by pressing F5 on the keyboard (or Fn + F5). This would cause any changes to take effect.

The habit of random Desktop Refreshing is not an easy one to break, I must say!
Re: The Habit Of Random Desktop Refreshing! by RobinHez(m): 9:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
dats for people dat where brought up with windows xp...not we the windows 8 users wink

1 Like

Re: The Habit Of Random Desktop Refreshing! by maxjax(m): 12:31am On Jun 14, 2015
I hate that..... Damn!

1 Like

Re: The Habit Of Random Desktop Refreshing! by persius555(m): 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
Addictions are hard to get rid o. Already hardcoded in the brainbox.

(1) (Reply)

Please Some Should Help...!!!! / Dell Venue 8 7000 - Newstac / Please Help. I Can't Play Pes On My Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.