Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,001 members, 7,966,694 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 08:12 PM

Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? (9785 Views)

Grand Total Federal Allocation To States From May 2015 To June 2016 / Federal Allocation To States For The Month Of July 2016 / Federal Allocation For Lagos For January 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by HzRF(m): 5:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
francizy:

If you were a woman walahi! I would have married you! But sadly you're not.. Abeg you get sister make I come do introduction sharp sharp!? And which part of Osun did you hail from? cheesy

What is lyntiffany doing here? tongue

Lol u Don late
All 3 Don get master
But I fit help arrange Cuz things cheap for osun nw

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by meccuno: 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2015
bamidele029:

Only unintelligent people throw out insults instead of making sensible points. OP didn't insult anyone, can't you make your point like a civilized fellow angry thought you people claim only APC folks throw around insults unprovoked

Too many ill-mannered children on Nairaland these days angry
thÉ OP said "morons"....guess that settles it....
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by meccuno: 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2015
tinkinjow:
You guys should be thankful that Akwa Ibom and others are tolerating the meagre 13% allocation. If care isn't taken very soon you'll be left with zero allocation.
You hate on others working hard to make a living in Lagos yet you forget what other people resources have given to Lagos and the south west

Every Yoruba claim and pride him or her self over Lagos....
Sometimes I wonder whether south westerners outside of Lagos pay attention to the Lagos bent. Recently at the National Conference, Lagos delegates goaded by Tinubu and Fashola completely went against the demands of the Yorubas...the truth is if Tinubu have his way he'd since have seceded from south west.

Stop being envious of the Niger Delta, Nigeria owe them even more. And stop the shame of pointing to ur population, it's like a man who decided to have a large family marrying many wives and fathering a thousand children complaining at harvest that the other man with smaller family is getting more than he is forgetting that the harvest is from that same man's farm. If he wants more he should cultivate his own farm.
Please we should look away from the niger deltas oil and start creating our own revenue sources.
You think the Niger deltans are satisfied with what they get, they know their cities should be like Dubai, or at the least Lagos and Abuja which are created by their money...they won't stop until they get everything....and time is ticking.
Yorubas should stop sounding as if they don't want other places in Nigeria to progress. Enough said, one love.
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by meccuno: 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
chinchum:

Till then, but now port is sitting in Lagos waters, and bulk of VAT shared across states comes from Lagos. Lagos deserves 13% of each. Over 1 thrillion generated annually from Lagos ports.
till Lagos starts producing its own oil in commercial quantity,then it is necessary for the Niger Delta to have 100% control of their resources.......akwa ibom is just the tip of the ice berg.......if the Niger Delta were to control 100% of their resources, there would be no statÉ in the whole of Nigeria that would be in their level....including Lagos
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by osemwengie1: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2015
PentiumPro:

God punish you.!
Lagos na your papa land. grin
. I beg Educate me how Lagos take be Yoruba land, I wan learn. But before you start if you Knw say your family na immigrant for lag (i.e your ancestors state of origin nor be Lagos), then thunder go fire your entire family wen dey claim Lagos as their own, but if their state of origin na Lagos, then God go bless you and entire family.

This na for every body wen dey claim lag as their own
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by meccuno: 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2015
huptin:

Then Lagos too should get 100% of its ports and VAT revenue and then heavily tax every non lagosian currently utilising its infrastructure. Simple. Lets see who will be richer.
lolz.....very funny post....imagine how beautiful abuja looks.....that's the power of oil money......I prefer 100% control of the oil than 100% control of the sea ports.....because if legislation is made,most head offices of the oil companies would go back to the south south.......and with enough money,you probably would have up to 5 ports in the south south.......so I don't really get your point.....
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by meccuno: 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

Let's implement it and I give you two years let's see who will be making use of the Lagos ports. You forget ports are built and are not natural resources
that's why arguing with kids is annoying.....for now many economies are run on oil.....not ports....that's secondary......with enough capital,you can create ports in record speed
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by elohorayodele: 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
Hammefeez:
Uptill now, the issue of states in southwest,
perticularly Oyo and Osun still bothering me and why they are owning their workers,
in getting solution to that I got this article that will interest you.

Its a fact surrounding the current issues in southwest and other states. Facts...

Federal Allocation - Does The South-West Deserve this?

As released by the Federal Ministry of Finance, the total allocation to all the South-West states, namely, Lagos, Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti and Ogun for January this year and shared in February was N15.1
billion, while Akwa Ibom State alone with a population less than 3 million people got N13.9 billion! “For the same period. Bayelsa State, at arguably 2 million people, got N10 billion
and Rivers State got N10.3 billion. Between Kano and Jigawa states, which used to be
one state like Lagos State, they got N7 billion. Lagos State only got N3.4 billion.
“If you remove Ekiti State with the lowest allocation of just N2.3 billion, Akwa Ibom State alone gets more allocation than the
rest of the South-West states put together including Lagos. And guess what? Hundreds of thousands of Akwa Ibom State citizens are in Lagos State enjoying the state’s free
education”. “If you multiply the total allocation to the South-
West states at N15 billion per month by 12, you have N180 billion per year! This is less
than 30% of what the FG make from the Lagos Seaports alone, don’t even talk about VAT that Lagos contributes over 60% of the
total accrual to the FG.

“Yet some morons will tell me we live on Niger Delta oil.”
“Now, my State Governor can’t pay his workers because of this systemic injustice.
It is better we start the implementation of regional based fiscal federalism now.

no what will solve it is TOTAL resource control and true federalism. And pls dont complain about what the ND states get till you contribute as much as they do to the federal purse. Apart from Lagos the rest SW states put together do not contribute even half of what Akwa Ibom oil generates and you are here complaining

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by PentiumPro(f): 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
osemwengie1:
. I beg Educate me how Lagos take be Yoruba land, I wan learn. But before you start if you Knw say your family na immigrant for lag (i.e your ancestors state of origin nor be Lagos), then thunder go fire your entire family wen dey claim Lagos as their own, but if their state of origin na Lagos, then God go bless you and entire family.

This na for every body wen dey claim lag as their own
Goat!
Comprehension is your problem? Go ahead and quote where I claimed I'm from Lagos?
Anoufia! I have my history and I will never claim Lagos, it goats like you that see Lagos as a place without history when the place is reach in history before the first set of cave dwellers like your grandfathers from the inter land of present day Nigeria sets foot into it.
God punish you cavemen! cheesy
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by elohorayodele: 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
EzeUche:
The Niger Delta should get 100% of its oil revenue.

They should not have to share with anyone.

God bless u,

some greedy people cannot to eat where they didn't sow
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by elohorayodele: 5:48pm On Jun 15, 2015
Nicepoker:
SS would have suffered a lot if crude were to be explored in SW. Issue of minority feeding the majority. For me a state like osun should be carved out from Nigeria. Parasitic SW region.
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by elohorayodele: 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
HiGod:

And they must remain in their region.

if ND gets 100% of that oil hunger go kill you oh
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by osemwengie1: 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
PentiumPro:

Goat!
Comprehension is your problem? Go ahead and quote where I claimed I'm from Lagos?
Anoufia! I have my history and I will never claim Lagos, it goats like you that see Lagos as a place without history when the place is reach in history before the first set of cave dwellers like your grandfathers from the inter land of present day Nigeria sets foot into it.
God punish you cavemen! cheesy
. I agree Lagos has a *rich history. However what I dont agree with is Yoruba been part of that history, since you are suggesting otherwise, Kindly educate me. If you cant, thunder will fire you and your entire orueh family.
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by pazienza(m): 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
I am in support of 100% resource control to ND states. It's only fair and just that it be that way.
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by osemwengie1: 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
pazienza:
I am in support of 100% resource control to ND states. It's only fair and just that it be that way.
. I agree
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by elohorayodele: 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
its amazing how some lazy silly sick leeches in other regions (SW and Northern regions) think they deserve more than they are presently getting from ND oil money!

Go and derive and raise revenue from your own state/regional resource.

you will never reap what you did not sow

imagine that He-goat gov Aregbe-rascal saying he's owing salaries due to less federal allocation, why not distribute poison and reduce your population if you cant cater for them- bladdy scum sucking leeches. When ND gets full resource control una go chop stone
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by emmatok(m): 6:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
pazienza:

Every state should control their resource and revenue 100%

Ogun should collect revenue from every industry, manufacturing plant and limestone miners
Same should apply to Lagos, Ondo, Oyo, Osun and Ekiti.
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by emmatok(m): 6:17pm On Jun 15, 2015
osemwengie1:
. I agree Lagos has a *rich history. However what I dont agree with is Yoruba been part of that history, since you are suggesting otherwise, Kindly educate me. If you cant, thunder will fire you and your entire orueh family.

What history do you know, you people just like talking nonsense.
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by francizy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 15, 2015
HzRF:
Lol u Don late
All 3 Don get master
But I fit help arrange Cuz things cheap for osun nw

LmaO.. It can't be that bad na.. Aregbe get luck say no be Egypt be this, dem for don burn him house, beat am like small pikin...
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by francizy(m): 6:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

[size=28pt]The governor, who represented a former governor of Lagos State and National Leader of the APC at the event, Bola Tinubu, who was the chief presenter of the book, bought copies of the new book at N5m on behalf of the Osun State.[/size]
He bought copies of the book on behalf of himself with N500,000 and announced N2m for the launching of the book on behalf of Tinubu.

This one from your post actually caught my attention! Just the other day, Ambode represented Tubinu again. Does this mean that all governors under Tunibu are used as errand boys? Cant Tibunu look for some kinda PA who will represent him at events instead of tossing governors around like toys and coins. That's appalling mehhhhn!!!

#spits..

By the way, all the monies he spent on that book would have paid some workers' salary for one month.. SmH

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 15, 2015
francizy:

This one from your post actually caught my attention! Just the other day, Ambode represented Tinubull again. Does this mean that all governors under Tunubu are used as errand boys? Cant Tibunu look for some kinda PA who will reoresent him at events ibstead of tossing governors around like toys and coins. That's appalling mehhhhn!!!

#spits..

By the way, all the monies he spent on that book would have paid some workers' salary for one month.. SmH

Such is life in Tinubustan.
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by HzRF(m): 7:16pm On Jun 15, 2015
francizy:

LmaO.. It can't be that bad na.. Aregbe get luck say no be Egypt be this, dem for don burn him house, beat am like small pikin...
He go soon knw what's up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by nonaira: 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
slimfit1:

The funniest thing is that you people don't know your rights until we educate you about it.

Who needs yoruba to educate us? Always butting your heads in matters that does not concern you
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Hammefeez: 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2015
elohorayodele:
The thunder that will fire the OP who opened this thread is currently undergoing military tranning

I'll take that as a joke!

(you don't know anything about thunder)
It 'll cost me just #3,000. I can send it to where-ever, who-ever, when-ever and what-ever. #fact
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by PentiumPro(f): 9:09am On Jun 16, 2015
osemwengie1:
You obviously are a goat going by your rants here. If Yorubas can't claim Lagos as part of their history, who should? Goat like you from the caves and interiors of nigeria?
Oooponu
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by elohorayodele: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2015
Hammefeez:

I'll take that as a joke!

(you don't know anything about thunder)
It 'll cost me just #3,000. I can send it to where-ever, who-ever, when-ever and what-ever. #fact

oooooooh am so scared that i almost pee in my pants.

ode!
you think say na only yoruba people get jazz abi?

where i come from them no de pay for those kind tins, na free
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Hammefeez: 11:42am On Jun 16, 2015
elohorayodele:

oooooooh am so scared that i almost pee in my pants.
ode! you think say na only yoruba people get jazz abi?
where i come from them no de pay for those kind tins, na free

There is a line between joke/play and real deal. I'm not going to pay anybody, that money is to buy instruments.
If you are so sure about it and you want to know if i'm real....... shall we?
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by elohorayodele: 11:52am On Jun 16, 2015
Hammefeez:

There is a line between joke/play and real deal.
I'm not going to pay anybody, that money is to buy instruments.

If you are so sure about it and you want to know if i'm real.......
shall we?

you want me to send you the money abi?

send me your account number
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Hammefeez: 12:02pm On Jun 16, 2015
elohorayodele:

you want me to send you the money abi?

send me your account number

Lolzz.... Anyway don't worry, lets just forget about everything.

Thanks for coming to comment on my post, we shall live long to witness good things Amen.
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by elohorayodele: 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hammefeez:

Lolzz.... Anyway don't worry, lets just forget about everything.

Thanks for coming to comment on my post, we shall live long to witness good things Amen.

i take it back, sorry for the offensive comment.

amen, lol
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by tck2000(m): 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2019
West
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Lightening: 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
Hammefeez:
Uptill now, the issue of states in southwest,
perticularly Oyo and Osun still bothering me and why they are owning their workers,
in getting solution to that I got this article that will interest you.

Its a fact surrounding the current issues in southwest and other states. Facts...

Federal Allocation - Does The South-West Deserve this?

As released by the Federal Ministry of Finance, the total allocation to all the South-West states, namely, Lagos, Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti and Ogun for January this year and shared in February was N15.1
billion, while Akwa Ibom State alone with a population less than 3 million people got N13.9 billion! “For the same period. Bayelsa State, at arguably 2 million people, got N10 billion
and Rivers State got N10.3 billion. Between Kano and Jigawa states, which used to be
one state like Lagos State, they got N7 billion. Lagos State only got N3.4 billion.
“If you remove Ekiti State with the lowest allocation of just N2.3 billion, Akwa Ibom State alone gets more allocation than the
rest of the South-West states put together including Lagos. And guess what? Hundreds of thousands of Akwa Ibom State citizens are in Lagos State enjoying the state’s free
education”. “If you multiply the total allocation to the South-
West states at N15 billion per month by 12, you have N180 billion per year! This is less
than 30% of what the FG make from the Lagos Seaports alone, don’t even talk about VAT that Lagos contributes over 60% of the
total accrual to the FG.

“Yet some morons will tell me we live on Niger Delta oil.”
“Now, my State Governor can’t pay his workers because of this systemic injustice.
It is better we start the implementation of regional based fiscal federalism now.

Adeyinka grandson.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos CJ Frees 153 Kirikiri Inmates / We’re Inviting Kashamu For Alleged Assassination Plot –police / Enugu LGA Elections: PDP Wins All 17 Chairman And 260 Councillor Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.