Stats: 3,198,047 members, 7,966,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 03:49 AM

Accidental Victim - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Accidental Victim (203064 Views)

Fiction Story: Inheritance Is Accidental / Let The Thread Face The Cut! (between The Rapist And The Victim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accidental Victim by smallpeepee: 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
Rich4god:
I get your gist... But the koko be say... I never get the time to begin look woman for now...
Lol ok bro.
Re: Accidental Victim by saxwizard(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
U.

.. P ....

.... D

.... A ..

T.... ...

E...

... P L E A S E
Re: Accidental Victim by guntranno(f): 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
hfinest1:
you're here too I hope you're not trailing me o... cos na every cinema I enter u too go enter... ts cool thogrin

if Nollywood can act a movie as beautiful as this, in fact.... we no go dey watch american movies again nau....; mercy johnson as Funmi, Jim iyke or mike ezeruonye as Damien, Zack orji as col. coker, let d suggestion begin #if accidental victim was a Nollywood script

Mr. Daniel as Jide Kosoko... Lol
Re: Accidental Victim by razid: 5:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
@dioxidane

Thanks for bringing me back to about 25 years of my memory lane. Your story made me remembered the Pacesetters Series I usually devoured back then in the late 80's and early 90's. I must confess, you are very good at what you are doing, please don't give up. The mystery is that I couldn't fathom why this brilliant piece is on this "section".

Please, find out a good publisher for this story. I can see a bit of 24, Alias, Lobbyist, and Sleeper Cell all merged up in this beautiful Nigerian script. I just want you to edit some of the Yoruba at the beginning, that is not how Yoruba is written. For instance, "pe" not "kpe". Moreso, don't use a well known group like Taliban, find a substitute to give it originality. Also, do some research on security gadgets so that by the time you are describing them, an expert can relate with it. And please don't be Nigerian in thinking, reach out to security experts to give the story some bite. Most of the blockbusters we see are products of collaboration.

My brother, you are wonderful as you made me travelled 25 years back. Thank you for making my day. God bless.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by hfinest1(m): 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2015
guntranno:

Mr. Daniel as Jide Kosoko... Lol
hahahaha.... hide kosoko kor! iya rainbow ni! lol

segun arinze as al zawari(d Taliban group leader) and emaka ike or emeka enyocha as dat police guy dat infiltrated the terrorists camp....
Re: Accidental Victim by koolpal(m): 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
What making this story sexual... very nice story... thumps up guy... just bumped into d story decided to meet up be4 commenting...
Re: Accidental Victim by Larryfest(m): 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
Nice story dude.... bt i tink d symtons he actually exhibited ain't dat of a bipola disorder..keep it up
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 7:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hi ladies, guys... I just came back now and came online to read some comments, and to say I'm 'wowed' would be an understatement...

Thanks a lot for your meaningful comments, critiques, likes, shares, calls, mails... You guys are awesome.

Let me say, I've always been a reader most of my life. I've never really tried writing, at least not for an audience as large as this. So getting this kinda feedback is really encouraging. It shouldn't stop, please. I know I'm not perfect and I'm not there yet, I make mistakes, but I'm willing to take corrections and learn. If I don't get corrections from you guys, I wouldn't know if what I'm doing is right or wrong.

For this piece being on sexuality section **clears throat**, make una no vex abeg grin grin... Let's just say this was where I started, and when I began writing this, I didn't know how the story would eventually turn out. The truth is, my thoughts concerning this has been changed from when I started it, so I guess I MIGHT NOT include sexual contents. So if it's possible for a MOD to move this back to the literature section, it would be appreciated.

Erhhm, e don do abeg, make I go find something chop...

Meanwhile, @razid, Bros you made my day. Thanks alot, iAppreciate...
@PastorAji, Boss no vex abeg... It was due to oversight..

Dioxidane

Re: Accidental Victim by guntranno(f): 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
Re: Accidental Victim by guntranno(f): 8:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
Dioxidane:
Hi ladies, guys... I just came back now and came online to read some comments, and to say I'm 'wowed' would be an understatement...

Thanks a lot for your meaningful comments, critiques, likes, shares, calls, mails... You guys are awesome.

Let me say, I've always been a reader most of my life. I've never really tried writing, at least not for an audience as large as this. So getting this kinda feedback is really encouraging. It shouldn't stop, please. I know I'm not perfect and I'm not there yet, I make mistakes, but I'm willing to take corrections and learn. If I don't get corrections from you guys, I wouldn't know if what I'm doing is right or wrong.

For this piece being on sexuality section **clears throat**, make una no vex abeg grin grin... Let's just say this was where I started, and when I began writing this, I didn't know how the story would eventually turn out. The truth is, my thoughts concerning this has been changed from when I started it, so I guess I MIGHT NOT include sexual contents. So if it's possible for a MOD to move this back to the literature section, it would be appreciated.

Dioxidane

Nice grammar but I need an update...

We don't want it moved anymore except if the mods could have it placed permanently on front page!

Dioxidane, weldon
Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
Dioxidane:

Dioxidane

So it is not an update
Re: Accidental Victim by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
May God bless u wit more ideas so u'll bless us wit updates..

This story tie wrapper wear gele at d same time

Re: Accidental Victim by saxwizard(m): 8:53pm On Jul 23, 2015
dioxidane never chop finish ni... fufu dey here sha. ..if u are interested.

u remember mission Istanbul. ?

dat film ehnn..
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
I have fried rice here as my brother is doing his valedictory ceremony today.

BTW....... can't I help u to eat while u are updating?

Re: Accidental Victim by Cannonleo(m): 11:15pm On Jul 23, 2015
Dioxidane:

Dioxidane
a big plus one for you my guy u are really the bomb .intact two shot from my bofors 105mm arty guns cos u deserve it
Re: Accidental Victim by PastorAji(m): 9:45am On Jul 24, 2015
Dioxidane:

Dioxidane
Ma broda I sight you........no wahala B)
Re: Accidental Victim by Mickeysho(m): 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dis story sweet pass honey

Re: Accidental Victim by endowednicky(f): 7:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
sadno update today abi
Re: Accidental Victim by Galacious1: 10:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
Op?
Re: Accidental Victim by Ann2612(f): 10:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
truly Nija has talent! Welldone bros, the sky is ur limit.

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 9:25am On Jul 25, 2015
Contd.

'Where have you been, Mr Daniel. You know we have a critical situation on hand', Col. Coker asked Mr Daniel as he walked into the cubicle in the situation room. He saw Col. Coker sitting on a couch while a man he had not met before sat opposite him. Mr Daniel looked at Col. Coker with a questioning look and nodded subtly towards the man sitting opposite him. Col. Coker nodded slightly and gave him a sign that he was free to talk.

'I'm sorry sir. I was actually receiving information concerning the young man in the video, Damien Abbah', Mr Daniel replied. 'And is it concrete enough?', Col. Coker asked him. 'Very concrete sir. It came directly from his uncle', Mr Daniel replied.

'His uncle came here?', Col. Coker asked again. 'Yes sir. He is a Brigadier General in the Nigerian Army. He just left some moments ago', Mr Daniel replied. 'He's in the army? And a BG?', Col. Coker asked. 'Yes sir', Mr Daniel replied. 'What's his name?', Col. Coker asked again.

Mr Daniel's face twisted. He didn't get to ask what the Brigadier General's name was. But he remembered seeing the name on his name plate. 'Abbah', he replied. 'General Abbah?', Col. Coker said with a smirk on his face. 'Is he still around?', he asked again. 'No sir', Mr Daniel replied, 'do you know him?' 'Yes, he was actually an instructor for one of the courses I took', Col. Coker replied, 'He was one of our sternest instructors. Anyway, there's someone I want you to meet. This is Superintendent Ridwan of the Nigerian Police. He said he has some information concerning the Taliban group. I didn't want him to have to repeat the information so I asked him to wait.'

Mr Daniel looked at the man sitting opposite Col. Coker and stretched his hands for a hand shake. 'It's my pleasure', he said. The man nodded as he took his hand.

'So what do you have for us?', Col. Coker asked as Mr Daniel sat on the couch beside him.

'As I tried explaining earlier', the SP began, 'we've been trying to crack down the Taliban group from our end, but we've been largely unsuccessful. The only success we've recorded is having an inside man in the group.'

'An inside man you say? One of their members?', Mr Daniel asked. 'He is actually one of my officers and he successfully infiltrated their group. He's now under very deep cover', the SP replied.

'Interesting', Col. Coker said, 'what is his name?' 'His name is Mustapha Danladi', the SP replied.

'How long has he been undercover?', Mr Daniel asked. 'For about five months now', he replied.

'And he was not detected', Col. Coker said, 'that's impressive. Who else knows about this?'

'Just myself and his handler. It's safer that way', the SP replied.

'We now know. That makes four persons, if I'm not mistaken', Mr Daniel said as he looked at Col. Coker and the SP. The SP nodded.

'So how do you receive information from him?', Col. Coker asked. 'He calls via an encrypted satellite phone whenever he has any information to pass', the SP replied.

'And the information he passes are reliable?', Col. Coker asked. 'Of course. In fact it has helped us thwart some of their attacks', the SP replied. 'Was he able to tell you their exact location?', Col. Coker asked again. 'Yes, we receive the coordinates of his location whenever he calls', the SP replied.

'When was the last time you heard from him?', Mr Daniel asked. The SP said, 'Last night.' 'And what information did he pass?', Mr Daniel asked again. 'He talked about two persons that were brought into the camp,' the SP was saying, 'he mentioned one Damien Abbah and Funmi Coker. When the information was relayed to me by his handler, and the name Funmi Coker was mentioned, I realized what was happening and I immediately took a flight down here. It was on my way here that the video was released.'

'Is there any way you can contact him?', Col. Coker asked. 'We can't contact him. We just sit and wait till he contacts us', the SP replied. 'Who receives the information directly?', Col. Coker asked again. 'His handler does, and he relays it immediately to me', the SP replied. 'And how many persons do you have undercover in that group?', Col. Coker asked again. 'Just him', the SP replied.

Mr Daniel was going through a message that came in through his phone after which he looked at Col. Coker who was sitting beside him. 'Sir, we have less that forty eight hours left before they act again', he said.

'I'm aware', Col. Coker replied nodding his head solemnly. 'What do you presume should be our next line of action, sir?' Mr Daniel asked.

'What do you think, Superintendent? Is there a way we can rescue the hostages covertly with the help of your man since we now know their exact location?', Col. Coker asked.

The SP shook his head. 'It would be difficult sir', he said, 'these guys are totally serious. They are not to be trifled with. They are well armed, well organized and self contained. They are also well funded too. We've not been able to concisely determine how they are funded, but I assure you they are well funded. It is evident in the caliber of weapons and equipments in their possession. Infiltrating them was a herculean task on it's own, and it's a good thing we were able to surmount that, but rescuing the hostages with just few men? I'm sorry sir, I don't see how feasible that is. Besides, we don't have much time to plan and the terrain is not too familiar, so they would always have an upper hand over us.'

'What about the military? Is there any way they can be of help?', Mr Daniel asked facing Col. Coker. He shook his head. 'We wouldn't want a confrontation. The hostages would be in the line of fire and we can't afford such collateral damage. We need a fool proof plan. Besides, we need an end to this menace as soon as possible. Both men nodded.

Mr Daniel was about speaking up when they heard a knock on the door and an agent walked in. 'There's a call for you sir', she said facing Col. Coker. 'Who is it?', he asked. 'It's the President', she replied....

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by saxwizard(m): 10:04am On Jul 25, 2015
ftc...weldone
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 25, 2015
You are incredible. Very nice writing skills and great delivery. Am with you on this
Re: Accidental Victim by Mickeysho(m): 11:10am On Jul 25, 2015
Whoa more pls
Re: Accidental Victim by cherrybrown(f): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
Nice one happy weekend dear

Re: Accidental Victim by Joenyam(m): 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
Your writing skill is very ingenious.

Thumbs up bro!

Keep the updates coming through.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by guntranno(f): 2:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
Dioxidane, na wetin President Muhammadu Buhari talk oooooo?

Re: Accidental Victim by Joenyam(m): 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
guntranno:
Dioxidane, na wetin President Muhammadu Buhari talk oooooo?
Say make u dey patient, say him dey slow but steady
wink cheesy

Re: Accidental Victim by horlabiyi(m): 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
Story getting more intense. OMG

Re: Accidental Victim by Nawtiblayse(m): 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
Feed us more!!!

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
Contd.

"Hello Mr President...", Col. Coker said as he collected the phone from the agent.

"That's true sir, it's a very delicate situation and we are doing all we can to resolve it..."

"No sir, it wouldn't get to that..."

"We actually have a new asset and it is hoped that it would go a long way in helping us resolve the issue as soon as possible..."

"Yes sir, we have all the resources we need..."

"Mr President, I'm giving you the assurance that the Taliban group would soon be a thing of the past in this country..."

"I'm not trying to be vague sir, but I'm confident that we would soon eradicate them from our country and there would be no traces of them left..."

"Yes sir. Plans are already been made to move close to the site and coordinate with the military for a possible incursion..."

"Yes sir. The hostages are our primary concern. In fact that's why we are making plans for a covert operation prior to the main incursion..."

"Most likely they would be rescued during that operation..."

"Yes sir. I'll put that in mind..."

"Yes sir. We were expecting their call, but they didn't call eventually..."

"I didn't want to bother you with that sir. We've already worked out the modalities here..."

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean it that way sir..."

"Yes sir, I understand..."

"I'm sure it wouldn't get to that sir..."

"No sir. I've not spoken with him since the video was released..."

"Yes sir. I'll send regular updates as the operation progresses..."

"Oh, that's very good sir. It definitely helps with the easy coordination between our two agencies..."

"Yes Mr President..."

"Thank you very much sir..."

"Goodbye sir."

Col. Coker heaved a sigh of relieve as he ended the call with the President. Mr Daniel looked askance at him as he didn't understand their conversation. 'Is this man thinking of going to the Taliban camp?', he thought.

Col. Coker looked at him and understood the obvious confusion written on his face. 'Do you have the phone you use in communicating with Mr Mustapha?', he asked facing Supt. Ridwan. 'No sir', he replied, 'it's with his handler'. 'And how can we get it?', he asked again. 'Should I call him to bring it over?', Supt. Ridwan asked. 'It wouldn't be necessary Superintendent, we would be going over there.'

'Mr Daniel, please select six of your most trusted agents and call the pilot. We leave for Mangali in an hour time', Col. Coker said facing Mr Daniel.

Mr Daniel was surprised at Col. Coker's sudden rash decision. It was obvious on his face. He couldn't help but ask, 'Sir, don't you think we need more men? Just six operatives might not be able to accomplish this mission.'

'Don't worry', Col. Coker said, 'we are to coordinate with the military in this operation. They would provide all the manpower we need.'

Mr Daniel nodded. 'No problem sir, I would make all the preparations', he said as he walked out of the cubicle.

Mr Daniel went back into the situation room and saw some of the agents still clacking on keyboards and some sitting on the chairs, obviously waiting for instructions.

'Where is TL1?', he asked to no one in particular. 'He stepped out just now', one of the agents sitting close to him responded. 'Find him and tell him to see me immediately', he said to him. 'Yes sir', the agent responded as he got up to call TL1.

'So how did it go?', Staci Samuel asked as she walked in after Mr Daniel into his office. He shook his head and said, 'Not too good. We have to go to Mangali in an hour time. Call the pilot and inform him.' 'Ok sir', she said. Then she continued, 'but sir, is it not too rash going down there? Wouldn't it be better just to give them what they want and get the hostages back? Besides, it's not like we have more information than what we already have.'

'We do actually', he said. 'Really?', she asked. 'Yes. There is a police officer presently undercover in the Taliban camp. We hope to take advantage of the information he is able to give.' 'A police officer undercover in the Taliban camp? What's his name?', she asked.

Mr Daniel was about responding when they both heard a knock on the door. 'Come in', they both said simultaneously. TL1 walked in.

'You sent for me sir', he said. 'Yes I did', Mr Daniel replied, 'prepare your team. We leave for Mangali in one hour.' 'Yes sir', TL1 replied. He turned and was about opening the door when Mr Daniel called out to him, 'TL1'. 'Yes sir', TL1 responded and turned back. 'Tell no one else about this', Mr Daniel said. 'Yes sir', TL1 replied and he walked out of the office.

Mr Daniel went to the mini wardrobe in his office where he kept his kit in cases of emergency. He brought out a small bag and was arranging his kit when Staci came beside him and joined him in arranging the bag. 'That reminds me sir', she said, 'you were telling me about the undercover police officer in the Taliban camp.' 'Yes. His name is Mustapha... something. Can't remember his surname', Mr Daniel replied. 'And he hasn't been detected since', she asked again. 'Not that I know of. In fact I'm sure he would be influential in the plans the Colonel is making', Mr Daniel replied. She nodded and didn't say anything.

They completed arranging the kit and he was good to go. 'Keep me abreast with any information that comes through', he told her as he walked out of the office. 'Yes sir', she replied.

Immediately she confirmed that they had boarded the plane, Staci Samuel went to her desk. She unlocked the lowest drawer and tried pulling off something that was stuck beneath the drawer above it. She pulled off the tape used in sticking it and pulled out a phone.

The phone had a device attached to it used in encrypting all calls in and out of it. She switched it on and dialed the only number programmed in it. She waited for twenty seconds after which she heard two beeps. 'What do you have for me?', a voice said at the other end of the line. 'You have an undercover police officer in your midst', she said. 'What is his name?', the voice asked. 'Mustapha', she replied. 'Hmm... Noted!', the voice said. 'One more thing', she said. 'What is it?', the voice asked. 'They are organizing a covert operation to rescue the hostages, after which there would be a full scale attack', she replied. 'Let them try', the voice said and she heard two beeps on the phone which signified an end in the transmission.

Staci Samuel switched off the phone, stuck it back to the lower part the drawer above the last drawer and walked out of the office.

T.B.C

Good night ladies, guys... Wishing y'all a lovely weekend...

Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
FTC

weldone OP.
Happy weekend to you and miss cherrybrown

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (43) (Reply)

Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional ) / Oga Landlord 21+ / Choices: Another Perspective

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77