Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,853 members, 7,938,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:22 AM

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (101813 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2009
Dis Guy:

can we get back to discussing the league!

Subject                                                          Replies        Views
Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every        127   1513

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England!               1819          7869

Barcelona Fans Thread: The Champions Of Europe!!                  1797          17557

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only                               680          4019

I want you to take a look at the number of times people have actually visited this thread merely 1513 and only 127 contribution, the is to tell you that we need to improve the league to make it more attractive so that thread like this will be more popular among nairalanders; this thread is referring to the league as a whole with only 127 replies check out 1819 for Man U alone.

If a league is attractive it will certainly generate lots of revenue, jobs and so much more; I saw on the stand today glossy looking Man U magazine; who knows? maybe one creative guy is making serious money.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2009
nothing stopping us from having a sports journal completely based on the local league. . . but who is willing to take that kind of risk and publish that undecided
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 10:26pm On Jun 02, 2009
dominique:

nothing stopping us from having a sports journal completely based on the local league. . . but who is willing to take that kind of risk and publish that undecided

that is exactly what am talking about, who is going to take that risk now because what do you want to talk about, there is virtualy nothing to talk about the league in the first place because it is not attractive enough, but when we adopt an approach to make the league rich with flavour; when a club can go as far as Brazil to sign very good players to add some bite to their game, or some of these african countries like cote d ivore, mali, congo, south africa to also get the african appeal, then a creative jounalist will have so much even some top quality news will be begging for space.

imagine a club like 3SC having more than enough even a fully loaded magazine is not enough to tell their news in Ibadan, or Stores in Lagos, we can do it
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 12:08am On Jun 03, 2009
After three seasons in the National Division One League, the Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) finally battled its way back to the top flight and coach of the South-West outfit, Frankin Howard believes the club's return will add glamour to the Globacom Premier League.

After grabbing their promotion slot alongside Dolphins, Kwara United and Ranchers Bees, the Oluyole Warriors are relishing the challenge of playing at the top level again under his guidance.

"It's a fantastic feeling to be part of this. I am really delighted to have played a role in guiding this great club back to the top division.
[url=http://www.234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/Football/5420319-147/At_last,_Shooting_Stars_soar_.csp]234NEXT[/url]

PROMOTED TO the GLOBACOM PREMIER LEAGUE!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 12:21am On Jun 03, 2009
I look forward to a day in my life time when I can visit the stadium with my entire family to watch to local side lock horns in a grudge encounter; the experience of watch a very good match with ones family is one nobody should fail to experience. since we cannot just visit the UK or Spain we can make our own very attractive enough to buy a ticket for more 1K - 5k just to watch a local match - Amen
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 12:26am On Jun 03, 2009
Gunmen Kill 2 Ocean Boys FC players
http://www.234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5421292-146/Gunmen_Kill_2_Ocean_Boys_FC.csp

this is sad for nigerian league, which is why as a matter of urgency we should start adopting measures that will change the face of the league and ensure that the life of these players are secured
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 12:38am On Jun 03, 2009
who says apartment like this can't be built the clubs, and rent half of the apart to the public and the other half or thereabout be reserved for the players

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 7:25am On Jun 03, 2009
apartment like this will generate lots of revenue for the club and equally raise the class of such player; living in an apartment such as this and simply walking down the stirs or lift to the gym and later move to the pool to refresh. Imagine what the cost of such apartment will be for the public; if a player gets the opportunity to live in a two-bedroom apartment with maybe family; where an organised security firm will guide life and property; also nearby training pitch exclusively reserved for the players.

some people will be quick to say such thing cannot happen here in naija but who says its only football that is the business of a club, as a unit, the club can venture into real estate, entertainment, telecommunication, internet service provider, etc, there are so many business a club can venture into and still run as a football club with all other business contributing into the revenue of the club without interferring with each other.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 7:44am On Jun 03, 2009
early in the thread I spoke about my dream Onika Stadium but today I reveal to you what I believe the stadium can be transformed into because of its unique commercial location of Lagos Island CDB. In the picture you will notice the tunnels and the information about other area of the building not show on this picture.

I hope to see a stadium that generates revenue on a daily basis whether there is a football match or not. I hope to see a football stadium can could accomodate some corporate offices. a stadium so unique that there is enough space for a state-of-the-art television control room, as well as central room for the stadium's CCTV/security depart. a stadium with a pitch size of about 112m x 73m with a FiFa Star 2 turf.

the lighting system should be ready for any match any time of the day; even the lights around the stadium, under the tunnel and the most remote areas of the stadium will be up to standard. We can even adopt the use of solar panel on every portion of the roof that is able to supply power certain percentage of the power needed by the club. We can achieve this in most part of the country.

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 7:56am On Jun 03, 2009
inside the stadium i hope to see something like the atmosephere at the villa park in Aston, with a little redesigning and master touch by the best in the land it is achievable, we can get there, but maybe not in one day, you never can tell how far you can go, who know naija could be the next destination; the new mecca for football

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 8:03am On Jun 03, 2009
with good stadium like this and a very strong league even FIFA will be begging us to host major event; they don't have to bend our neck all the time in the name of FIFA inspection; even Jack Warner is now being respected more than Issa Hayatou who also shares equaly position, we can get it right

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 5:15pm On Jun 06, 2009
Welcome again

I am going to be talking more about how after the project have been fully implemented, the clubs will take advantage of all the opportunity to make more revenue, so if anybody feels Nigeria League sides cannot generate lots of revenue, then take your time to read my proposal.

Entertainment: this is name of the sport, and when you make sport a show business, you will surely make lots of money. People visit stadium around the world for so many reason, and as for clubs that means business they should first identify those areas where money could be generated and also get creative.

In most football stadium around the world have we for once find out what usually happens during the half time break or few hours/minutes before the match; I heard that fans of both teams use that period to find food to eat and drink. So if the clubs impliment my proposal they can find a way to ensure that more people visit their stadium so that they can generate lots of money from the gate. I suggest that the clubs enter into contracts with some of our top music artist as well as their comedy counterpart. Imagine before a football match, Basket-Mouth is invited to a detachable stage to entertain the fans for almost an hours, then after half time, someone like Dbanj or Tuface is called upon; such arrangement will convince some section of public to visit the stadium, most especially the ladies who ordinarily may not find a reason to visit the stadium but with this entertain lot of the (un-footballing) fans will surely find a reason to go to the venue of the match even if they don't like football. A club can enter into deals with about 5 musician and 5 comedians; since clubs are expected to play 19 matches at home they must ensure that these entertainers are rotate randomly in such a way that one comedian and a musician thrill the fans on a match-day, while another set will do the same in another home match.

The advantage of this is that more money for the club when the stadium is filled to capacity becos I expect 95% in every venue; also, the more fans you have in the stadium will encourage the sponsors to continue. With time those section of fans who only visit the stadium becos of the entertainers will gradually become members of the club.

The clubs must inform the generation public about the added entertainment apart from the football match; maybe like a minute advert on TV just to inform the public about the act performing on stage and other side attraction.

As part of other reason to attract more people regularly, the club must also introduce something like a raffle-draw after every match and the gift most be very attractive; so attractive that it can make people wait until after the match; this is another plot to encourage the sponsor. The entertainer will pick the winning ticket and the winner will be announce after the whistle has been blown. In addition any winner who leave the stadium before the draw will forfiet the winning prize, while another ticket will be picked and it must very transparent enough to convince everyone that the winner(s) is actually a lucky person.

A simple example of how expensive the winning prize will be; if the gate fee is placed at N500 and the capacity of the stadium is 20,000, when you multiple both figures that is N10,000,000; so one every home game the host can decide to spend up to N1,000,000; who says they cannot use a car or a return trip or a consolation prize that is worth about N100,000 like a laptop, GSM Phones, etc; so any sensible club will surely decide to increase the capacity of their stadium and take advantage of this simple idea and make more money.

In the club's shop, one can get almost every household items that is branded with the club logo and must be very affordable.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2009
Still on the prize, the club can also save money by asking the sponsors to offer the club the winning prizes, just thing in the mould of a mini cooper could do the magic, the sponsor will brand the car with their logo as well as that of the club; even all the sponsors of the club can brand the car by adding their logo on it, while the club logo will be on the front bonnet of the car. The winner will be expected to drive the car around town for one year, then he can decide to change the colour of the car, but he should be given another option of allow the sponsors rebrand the car if the original colour is getting old.

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2009
MORE ON TELEVISION

am not a broadcaster but in order for the clubs to enjoy lots of recognition; those who cannot visit the stadium can also take advantage of the television to sell their image to the outside world. upon setting up a broadcast facility or build an Outside Broadcasting Van (OBV) in every venue (every state) both premier league and the national division 1 & 2; using world class facility that has the capacity to broadcast the games to every home within and outside the country. The NFL could create a TV Station like the American Basketball (NBA-TV); so the broadcast owner will only need to plug-in and broadcast. The broadcaster realising that most of the job of transmission have been completed by the NFL-TV. So it will be expected that broadcast right owners will pay good money before getting the rights.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2009
- It is my opinion that NBC is also killing the local league. Why on earth is the premiership shown live on NTA and there is nothing on the league. Even a 2 hr MOTD-like presentation by 8pm on sunday is not a bad idea for a start.

- I am glad Dolphin is back at least the fiery PH derby will be witnessed twice at the Liberation stadium. I support Sharks anyway

@luckiest

I hope you have put this ideas together in a book that can be presented to the dullards in NFL. The clubs in Nigeria like the handouts they receive if not how can you explain Enyimba's reluctance to sell jerseys when they have teeming loyal fans?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 8:23pm On Jun 06, 2009
ow11:

- It is my opinion that NBC is also killing the local league. Why on earth is the premiership shown live on NTA and there is nothing on the league. Even a 2 hr MOTD-like presentation by 8pm on sunday is not a bad idea for a start.

- I am glad Dolphin is back at least the fiery PH derby will be witnessed twice at the Liberation stadium. I support Sharks anyway

@luckiest

I hope you have put this ideas together in a book that can be presented to the dullards in NFL. The clubs in Nigeria like the handouts they receive if not how can you explain Enyimba's reluctance to sell jerseys when they have teeming loyal fans?

Dear ow11, we should try as much as we can to allow the problem slow down the process because, so people cannot move unless you drag them, the only thing that can connect this project with the NBC is the registration of NFL-TV and the Clubs own TV channels in the future, but I don't see that as a problem becos a lot of what they will be showing is almost 100% local content.

Thanks about the idea of a book, you know I never thought about that, all I was hoping was to pass the idea to some of these influential people in the society maybe they can reason with me and make it work; am not after money but I only hope to see this happen in my life time, where I can take my family to watch football match without any problem whatsoever. these ideas creeps into my brain immediately I get connected to the internet.

most Nigerian club managers are contented with the peanut they get that is why they cannot think outside the box; taking about Enyimba the fact that they won the Champion's league twice is enough for them to take the image of the club to another level. If they had t-shirt branded with Enyimba's logo market it properly trust those Alaba and Aba market people, and if the t-shirt is good enough to go for outing, then someone like me will get maybe 2 or 3, then other member of my family will get theirs, but they never did instead they are looking for ways to hide away from the cameras like other clubs. BAD! but how can you prevent medium that was meant to sell your club to the outside world.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2009
@ ow11

NTA shows the league maybe twice a week, no analysis though just plain commentary, no interviews, no team list
the commentary can put u to sleep!

the clubs dont even have a website where their previous games can be viewed
no avenue to register as a fan!

not too suprised many people are following the thread, what do they really wanna talk about?
read the nigeria newspapers, you hardly see news or players name
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 8:33pm On Jun 06, 2009
we can change this bad trend as a nation whenever we are ready, but in my opinion the time to do that is yesterday, which means we are already behind schedule so we have to start as soon as possible and we will surely get it right. I am genuinely naija and I hope you guys are?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2009
STILL ON TELEVISION

after successfully implementing the proposal, I expect that our club will appoint scouts in as many African communities as

possible this is to ensure that fresh talents from most African country are captured early enough and brought to their clubs, and

in return the NFL-TV and Media Partners are expected to partner with as many African TV station to show highlight and matches,

this is to enable these country see their player doing well and at the time promote the images of all the clubs. In order to

fortify the team, the clubs can even go as far as south america just like shakhtar donetsk of Ukraine; in Brazil they can get

quality players who are not so lucky to break into the top clubs over there.

The NFL-TV will ensure that as many home as possible have access of viewing live or delayed matches that way the names of our team will not only be known in Nigeria but beyond the borders. Even our people in Europe should get a piece of the actiom all that NFL-TV and Media Partners should do is to enter into agreement with a network like SKY SPORTS so that matches and highlights can also be shown to our people. If we continue to improve on the quality of players that plays in the league and ensure that every needed facilities are put in place, ensure that the converage and commentary are international standard, then like the saying goes "a golden fish has no secret place" a good product will always sell itself, we should not under estimate our potential. Some will laugh at us when we decide to make the move but one thing am sure about is that they will beg to associate with the league.

The clubs also have to ensure that their home fans benefit from the weekly raffle draw for those who are unable to visit the stadium, the draw will be done immediately after the match where a star figure will be expected to pick the winners in front of large studio audience; all the fan will be expect to send prediction or encouraging messages via shorts codes, the more entry sent by an individual provides the person the opportunity to win. the clubs will generate money receiving messages from short codes, the winners will have the opportunity to win branded gift item
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 10:05pm On Jun 06, 2009
The academies:

Every club around the world needs quality players all the time, but more than 90% of these players have at some point pass through academy good or bad, which is why as part of this proposal I will suggest that at least one academy is created in each of the local government of the federation by the state major team, or if the state has more than one strong club side they could side to partner in the creation of the academy in their state. The academies will be formed in such a way that it will be operated like the local government team in partnership with the club so that the player will be nurtured by a technically sound trainner that will be supported by the club. As a way of ensuring competitiveness among the players, there should be a mini-league that will involve all the state academies to be organised by the state FA for the club. Ages expected of the academies players are U-10, U-13 and U-16.

The feeders team will be players under 18 that have not yet broken into the main team. In every state their must be at least four feeders teams operated by the club; the teams will player as many matches as possible against themselves and must be monitored by the club technical department. Majority of the feeders team players should be players who graduated from the academies.

Reserve team: players not yet selected by the main team coach may be drafted into the reserve team where they will have the chance to train along side the main team and also travel with the team in order to play the reserve team of their opponent a day before the main match; there is going to be a dummy league table that will not be used to promote or demote any reserve team as reserve can only go on relegation if their main team goes down.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2009
Dis Guy:

@ ow11

NTA shows the league maybe twice a week, no analysis though just plain commentary, no interviews, no team list
the commentary can put u to sleep!

the clubs dont even have a website where their previous games can be viewed
no avenue to register as a fan!

not too suprised many people are following the thread, what do they really wanna talk about?
read the nigeria newspapers, you hardly see news or players name

I remember sports souvenir of those days used to do extensive analysis of weekend games and comments on games played the previous week. Now they have a shambolic website with no news and is begging for updates.

About the commentary,EPL commentators do a very good job and our own can't compete. What happened to all the English language and Theatre Arts grads with a love for footie. They can be trained to comment properly;even it means inviting Martin Tyler for a one week crash course on catchphrases and effective words to use when commenting on a live game. NTA has a big role to play in developing our footie and the earlier someone told them the earlier we would get to see some improvement in the coverage of the local league.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 4:10am On Jun 07, 2009
@ ow11
I remember sports souvenir of those days used to do extensive analysis of weekend games and comments on games played the previous week. Now they have a shambolic website with no news and is begging for updates.

those days you mentioned about sport souvenir, were the few days when the league had something to tell at least a journalist can actually find something from the league the people will like to read about, even the press guys are not very creative or I will rather say they have lost their creative touch to sourcing information; all you see now is copy and paste; even the so-called foreign news that they now report, all they do is visit the internet like www.goal.com copy and you will see exactly the same word in the paper forgeting that the news they just copied is the hard work of another journalist.

About the commentary,EPL commentators do a very good job and our own can't compete. What happened to all the English language and Theatre Arts grads with a love for footie. They can be trained to comment properly;even it means inviting Martin Tyler for a one week crash course on catchphrases and effective words to use when commenting on a live game. NTA has a big role to play in developing our footie and the earlier someone told them the earlier we would get to see some improvement in the coverage of the local league.

If you read my early comment about the commentary, I mentioned Efan Ekoku, this is a Nigerian who played for the Super Eagles and he is now a commentator, John Fashanu is also good in that area, and with the connections of these people we can source the best hands to get the job done. NFL-TV can set up audition in all the state and allow these men to select the best two young grads in theatre art, mass-com, or even any field provided you can speak good english and talk properly, the selected guys will be thought how not to be bias when running commentaries; pay them well and ensure that matches involving both the national division 1 & 2 are also given to them, as well as the premiership; the commentators should be randomly posted to cover matches with their region or sometimes outside their region, it is better not to disturb NTA becos in my opinion it seem NTA is not ready to improve or there is a factor some that is holding NTA back, that is a station that is suppose to be the fore-runner in Africa
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2009
I was expecting contribution from you guys but nothing even though some of you were connected, I know you have a lot in your heads to add to all have been saying but for reasons best known to you you choose to watch me pouring my heart about how I hope to see the nigerian league, well am a proudly and original naija and I will continue to express myself hoping that one day they will listen and do something about it
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 6:36pm On Jun 08, 2009
The NPL is down to the wire this weekend. Heartland of Owerri is 2 points behind perennial league leaders Bayelsa United. Amazingly, both teams are away with Bayelsa visiting Warri and Heartland going to Minna. I hope Bayelsa United wins the league and they should since Warri Wolves are disjointed and are in mourning at the moment cry

http://www.kickoff.com/static/league/index.php?league_id=27

Sorry Enyimba fans, no more champions league for another season. Bayelsa United may even go to the Champions league as Confederations cup champions.  tongue

Better luck to Sharks FC, hope we can challenge for the title next season . . . . UP SHARKS! http://www.sharks-fc.com/
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2009
I want to talk about officiating and how I hope to see some changes; the problem most people will be quite to identify as our major problem, but to every problem there is a solution which is why this is very important for us to find out how we can change the way our football referees operate and set a standard for the world to copy. YES WE CAN.

As a way of setting a standard we must first look for the best technology available and put it to best use; these is this talk about the goal line technology; after a careful study of the technology we should make sure that it is installed in all the state of the federation and the goal will only count if the referee and lines man indicate that the player was offside before the ball crossed the line.

Another area that needs serious attention is how the referees are protected; earlier in the proposal I suggest how we can arrange the best security agent for the stadium during league matches; since it is expected that we have security companies guarding the stadium, I will suggest that a special arrangement be made by the NFL with the Nigeria Police, so that as soon as NRA/NFL decides on the referee that will handle a particular match, a notification should be sent to the state police who is expected to arrange about 10 mobile-police officers who will stay with the referee, linesmen, match commissioner, and the fourth official in their designated hotel rooms; the policemen are expected to lead the men to the venue of the match and also ensure that they are protected like a VIP, before, during and after the match; while they are also expected work with other security operative already guarding the stadium.

The issue of payment for the referee is one which is key for the success of the league and one thing I know for sure is that anyone who is going to collect bribe to influence a match will easily do so whether they are well paid or not; so in my opinion make the payment of this officials very attractive and also set-up a referee rating committee that will include retired referees, clergy, and respected citizens, who will rate the referees with their last match; so on the scale from 1 - 10 if a referee score less than 5, he will be ask to forget about officiating any league match until the next season, so the referee should be informed about the plan and they must accept the condition and sign the undertaken.

Since the best is expected from the referees they should be given the best treatment; the NFL must ensure that they prepare a budget specially for the referees, linesmen, match commission as well as the policemen expected to protect them. this budget must include the best airfare or best busfare to the city of the match; before their arrival the state commission must be aware of their arrival and the means either by air, train or bus; based on the NFL arrangement with the state commission, it will be expected that the officials are pick-up on arrival and taken to their hotel, where they will spend a night before the match and the mobile policemen will lead them to the stadium before the match; the policemen are also expected to lead them to their various exit point from the city. With this method well followed only a bad referee will have himself to blame if he continue to mess-up his reputation becos when the expected success story starts pouring out they will not be a part of it.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 9:01pm On Jun 08, 2009
Going back to what I expect to see in Lagos; using Stationary Stores as one of Lagos team that I expect to see play at my dream magnificent Onikan Stadium.

I expect the owners to work with the state FA using this proposal as a benchmark for the creation of a true privately run club side that has the capacity to become one of the best in Africa.

The club is a household name in Nigeria and it is expected that if they adopt the proposal properly, the dream would surely come true.

The Adebajo family should have 5% ownership of the club in the new regime - some might say it is too small but even one percent would later become more if the club is successful annually; it is expected that 55% goes to the 20-man board, while 40% for the public.

We should make sure that the club is a people friendly club, as the proposal suggest. After successfully implementing the proposal for the creation of the club, the state FA have to work on the creation of another club that will be expected to make us of the Teslim Balogun stadium; since Julius Berger is no longer situated in Lagos, so the state FA can work on the reestablishment of Eko (Lagos) United; using the same format it should be expected that the club will have a 20-man board and as the proposal suggest they should mobilise the general public to join the club and have the opportunity to buy into the club.

While Stationary Stores is expected to represent the Island, the Eko (Lagos) United will be expected to represent the Mainland. Knowing what derby means to football lovers, we should be able to ignite rivalry between the clubs in such a way that the winner of the derby will be shown a sign of respect and they will honour with a bragging right of been called the king of Lagos; the loosing team will also present the shield of respect to the winner and even bow. All these should be done so that anytime the teams meet the rivalry will be ignited; even the number of goal scored should be used to determine who won the derby.

Every state of the federation should be able to reestablish their clubs so that they are able to stand on their own without any financial support from the government. the board should be given a mandate of ensuring that they convince nothing less than 50 thousand member per club; achieving the membership target, one will be sure that given the fact members are expected to pay membership fee and yearly renewal of a minimum of N2,500. Since prospective sponsors will expect to see a good number of supporters and the strength of the club in terms of the ability to sustain their development before they can decide on the sponsorship package; a normal club could get as much as 10 sponsors, ranging from official drink, official telecoms company, etc who can pay a sponsorship package of about N250Million each, while the club could even invite would-be partners who could be ready to pay partnership fee of N150Million; in all a good club could rake in between N1Billiob to N5Billion in a single year. So long as there is a level of sincerity in private business a club with over a billion Naira spending money will be able to execute any competition successfully without the need to borrow from the government or banks.

We can make this happen if we truly wish to create a league that could be world class
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2009
Dear Nairalander and Lover of the Nigerian Dream League,

Pls take your time and read about everything I have proposed here for the development of our league to an appreciable height, your contribution could make the difference we don't know who might be reading it, as this could lead to a revolution for the league; am sure am not totally correct in all that I have stated here; although I still have a lot to talk about, am not feeling it becos I am no longer see your contribution.

I will be talking about the reserve team, the female league (how we can make it the best in the world) as well as the youth football, and the kids too
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2009
I have no doubt in my mind that we can do even more than what I have stated on this website, my view is to have a robot league capable of having clubs sides that are more like an institution, clubs that are tired to the people of the city where it is situated; clubs that has the support of the city, govern by the people and promoted by the people; for such clubs to exist we must ensure that the people are carried along in the recreation of all the club. It is not wise to have a club tied to one man or a few group of people, so that if they decide to withdraw their finance the club will not have much problem to continue.

This is the case of Julius Berger that use to be based in Lagos and later Abeokuta, rumour has it that there are plans to dissolve the club becos of some people feel it is a waste of money; but imagine a situation whereby such club belong to the people and it has over 100,000 members with the members paying about N5,000 membership renewal every year, such club will not be where it is today.

I wish the simple proposal will be adopted by the clubs, where at least each state will have about 2 strong clubs; I hope to see a situation whereby our Premiership will be very strong as well as the Div. 1 & 2, so that even if a team is playing at any of the division the quality will almost be the same; where the only difference will be that the premiership team have the opportunity to play at the CAF CL.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by luckiest: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2009
In order to make the league very strong an attractive we need a very good supply from the clubs feeders team/reserve, as a way of making sure that the players have a feel of competitive mode like their senior counterpart it is expected that NFL should organise in collaboration with the clubs a minor league for the reserves/feeders teams; the reserve team/feeders team of all the club sides will play on the eve of the main match involving the main teams. at the end of every season awards will be given to the best feeders teams, the best player, high scorers etc the only difference is that if their main team goes on relegation they will also join them no matter their position in the minor league. The minor league will be avenue for scout to monitor some young players for possible transfer to other clubs in need local or international. Even the U-17 coaches will have the opportunity to get players for the national team.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 1:56am On Jun 10, 2009
How many games do they play per season?

Seems Pillars lost a lot of steam after the game against al-Ahaly or perhaps they think they can just do one
and leave the other (premier league), with the way things are going they wont even qualify for confederation cup
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 12:23pm On Jun 10, 2009
Dis Guy:

How many games do they play per season?

Seems Pillars lost a lot of steam after the game against al-Ahaly or perhaps they think they can just do one
and leave the other (premier league), with the way things are going they wont even qualify for confederation cup

38 games

Bayelsa Utd and Heartland FC will go to champions league next year except maybe Heartland wins it and Enyimba (who'll finish 3rd) would then step up ( I am not so sure if it works that way).

Pillars only chance to return to Africa next year is to win either the Champions League or FA cup.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2009
ow11:

38 games

Bayelsa Utd and Heartland FC will go to champions league next year except maybe Heartland wins it and Enyimba (who'll finish 3rd) would then step up ( I am not so sure if it works that way).

Pillars only chance to return to Africa next year is to win either the Champions League or FA cup.

when does the FA cup start?
Thought they'll be playing this along with the premier league
or they have a special slot for this, thus extending football season in naija?

Bayelsa Utd (1) is playing away against Wolves (4)
Heartland (2) is playing away against Niger (6)

I see no upset, perhaps a draw. Even if Heartland wins, bayelsa is still going to the champions league
how many teams go to the champions league and how many go to the confederation cup?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply)

Is Chidozie Awaziem The Most Handsome Super Eagles Player? / Dannie Daniella Okocha And Her Boyfriend In London (Photos) / Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.