Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,953 members, 7,946,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 01:00 PM

How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? (54312 Views)

What's Your Definition Of A Broke Guy Or Lady? / Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich / 10 Ways Ladies Will Frustrate Your Life If You Are A Broke Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Wow your coursemate clearly doesn't know what she has right in front of her, only when its gone she will realise, the poor guy I really feel for him, this is the kinda thing gives all women a bad name angry

You sure can have romance without money, everyone has experiences when they're broke one way or another, here are some ideas for the guys thinking its impossible:

1. Pick some wildflowers on the way home. Never under estimate the romantic power of the gift of flowers, it will brighten the face of your loved one and your home.

2. Take a walk by the light of the moon. This cheap romance idea is especially effective away from city lights with a full moon. But even in the city (if its safe enough) going for a walk at night is very romantic.

3. Read some poetry together. You can do this at home with library books or even search some online.

4. Hide little romantic love notes everywhere, in pockets, in wallets, under her pillow, some may not be found for months, or even send emails of your romantic gestures and your love will see how much you care.

5. Remember to say I love you, every single day, maybe try saying it in different languages to make it more fun and personal

If a woman truly loves her man, then no amount of money will change that, just always remember to show it, its very easy to get too used to each other and forget about simple things that keep a relationship alive wink

Stay blessed

Karen

You sound like a white lady and all these u just listed happen only in western countries.In nigeria our ladies dont appreciate flowers or nature or sending them poems is like insulting them.To proof you love a girl in nigeria u have to purchase assets for her like buying her a very expensive handset or renting an expensive flat for her or buying her a car.Oyo for a guy wey no get money.Like Omotayor talk ...no money no love grin.
dats a naija girl's motto grin

1 Like

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
pikapizy:
Lol I see some broke niggies getting mad and some broke bitchzz saying fxck broke guys bla bla...I find topics like these sensitive...I'm not yet rich but I'm so far from brokeness ,and honestly if brokeness means having no money to throw off sometimes then I've never been broke...I love to spend on a lady cos of many reasons (1)I'm extravagant in nature, (2) I love to be in control...spending on a girl reduces her to my subjects with time she'd outlive her value and would no longer worth my dime. (3) it tells me the kinda girl she is...a girl thats so conscious of money in a relationship will never find value and respect ,such girl can never get commitment from me .no matter how rich u are someone somewhere is richer than u..so what if she find someone richer than me ..people like oyin17 I have a lot of ur type..and with this mindset of urs you'll always be a means to an end...I throw money at girls ...but I hate girls who believe relationship ought to be paid for ....if I pay u.that put me in control..and girls like oyin17 who doesn't mind being controlled because of few papers gets used ...your type is the empty type... no offense but ur mindset gives u away as the type that's never self reliant.
true!
if Adenuga wey get glo dey date a girl and dangote come along then the same girl will dump Adenuga for Dangote.And if bill gates come show face the same girl will dump dangote for gates.there is no amount of money wey u give a nigerian girl wey go satisfy her.she will keep on wanting more and more and she go still dey complain say u no give her enough.our girls be like oliver twist and like oliver twist they will keep on asking for more and more.this is why i always dey ask say our girls and naija police na wich one like money pass?
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by frakdon(m): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
arinolaa:
His actions have to speak louder than his words. He has to show her he loves her and not just say it.
nd it takes money for a lady to knw he loves her abi? Madam
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by frakdon(m): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
loomer:

Like say u fine now person for understand say u fine. Shape u no get, face mba, and u de find rich man.
Even if u do jazz e no go work because ur ugliness go spoil the jazz.
abeg help me ask am if her papa bros na obj.
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by frakdon(m): 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
EggovinMma:

Your arguments are based around the rich and influential alone.You even went as far to justify it with the aba Onitsha folks....Very irrational and highly biased.Rich people marry within their circle and this is also applicable to poor people.Some rich girls from wealthy homes still marry average guys who are not known and vice versa.It still boils down to both the environment and choice.
#clears throat.......biko can I come nd marry yu? Am serious*
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by loomer: 4:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
frakdon:
abeg help me ask am if her papa bros na obj.

Lol
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by tommychow(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
EggovinMma:

Why Do you think she isn't in a position to pick?

Because her face looks clapped. I'm being euphemistic, don't force me to be blunt.
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
Maser:

Must you depend on a man for livelihood? Whatever happened to women working hard on their own? Think of what you'll contribute to a man's life not just what you'll take. Stupid you said? Haven't read more stupid posts than yours and you still have a chance to turn your life around from your current mindset before its too late. Just an advice!

I will spend my money and my mans own.Fucck you!again and again and again!
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by frakdon(m): 8:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
EggovinMma:

hahahahaha what's that? Abeg no make me laugh
This is inside Nairaland where many bullshits r thrown, well thanks to the stars it won't get to yu, or anyone for that matter..
So make yu no too vex nd spit on yur self..........

Make the woman I wan marry no go get sleepless sleep cuz of Nairaland mata.
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Maser: 11:20pm On Jun 17, 2015
EggovinMma:

You're already bleeped! What could be worse than a lazy scrounger like you with the sole ambition of sponging off men for a living. Runs does not pay, get your sorry ass off your sofa and find something decent to do for a living rather than selling your body to the highest bidder.
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by arinolaa(f): 12:59am On Jun 18, 2015
frakdon:
nd it takes money for a lady to knw he loves her abi? Madam

I don't recall saying anything about money Mr.
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by frakdon(m): 7:22am On Jun 18, 2015
arinolaa:

I don't recall saying anything about money Mr.
oh good for yu then.
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 18, 2015
finesthaykay:
Broke guys gat all d time in da world 2 luv a lady but she still cheat on him.Made guys got all d money in da world 2 impress a lady and she stays faithful.
if na so why e be say some babes still cheat on their millionaire boyfriends or husbands with broke jobless men.Sometimes my brother money no be everything oo.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Portsmouth86(f): 1:41am On Jun 19, 2015
lefulefu:

You sound like a white lady and all these u just listed happen only in western countries.In nigeria our ladies dont appreciate flowers or nature or sending them poems is like insulting them.To proof you love a girl in nigeria u have to purchase assets for her like buying her a very expensive handset or renting an expensive flat for her or buying her a car.Oyo for a guy wey no get money.Like Omotayor talk ...no money no love grin.
dats a naija girl's motto grin

How is poetry insulting?? Almost every song in the music world is poetry, it doesnt need to be 'poetry in the normal sense'

Maybe its time to change the way Naija men do things, all the time you are willing to do that then no doubt women will get used to these things, why don't you start off the trend grin (not all Nigerian woman are like that)

If a woman doesn't appreciate you, and goes to the next man to get these said 'expensive gifts' then surely that tells you not to pursue her and she is not worthy of your love, it looks as though its buying love almost.

Could it be that you (not personally at you lol) keep attracting the same kind of woman then maybe your always looking in the same place, time to widen your horizons, Nigeria is a big and beautiful country after all cheesy

Here in England that is called... a GOLD DIGGER
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2015
Portsmouth86:

How is poetry insulting?? Almost every song in the music world is poetry, it doesnt need to be 'poetry in the normal sense'

Maybe its time to change the way Naija men do things, all the time you are willing to do that then no doubt women will get used to these things, why don't you start off the trend grin (not all Nigerian woman are like that)

If a woman doesn't appreciate you, and goes to the next man to get these said 'expensive gifts' then surely that tells you not to pursue her and she is not worthy of your love, it looks as though its buying love almost.

Could it be that you (not personally at you lol) keep attracting the same kind of woman then maybe your always looking in the same place, time to widen your horizons, Nigeria is a big and beautiful country after all cheesy

In nigeria a guy who reads poetry to a lady is regarded as unserious and lazy by a nigerian lady.if u really want a lady to like you then u have to spend.its something we all accept over here coz for one thing the economy is bad so many ladies rate a guy by the cash he spends or the expensive gifts he purchases for her.You read the comments made by many of the ladies here and u will see what i am talking about grin.nigeria is a rugged terrain and its not all flowers and roses like its in the west.nigerian ladies are not smiling so any guy who has to proof his love to a lady needs to spend some pepper(money).
In nigeria money is what turns a lady's world around.When u say u love a lady then splash her with lots of cash.thats how our love relationships goes on in nigeria cheesy.Ehn imagine i start to dey read poetry to a nigerian lady na empty wine bottle she go take chase me comot for her side grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
Portsmouth86:

In nigeria a man who spends money anyhow on ladies is referred to as mugun grin
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by loswhite(m): 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
Omotayor123:
I wonder oooo.

No money, no love jaregrin.

***-----**********************************-*------
Seriously, money is not love buy it's an essential factor in love..

As far as I'm concern,
fvck broke niggastongue

thats why we will rich men will never respect girls except of course you have your own money too. Fvck and dump broke bitches

2 Likes

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by loswhite(m): 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
Omotayor123:
I wonder oooo.

No money, no love jaregrin.

***-----**********************************-*------
Seriously, money is not love buy it's an essential factor in love..

As far as I'm concern,
fvck broke niggastongue

thats why rich men will never respect girls except of course you have your own money too. Fvck and dump broke bitches
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by loswhite(m): 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
Money can't buy love but broke guys are annoying sometimes. I'm not saying its wrong to date a broke guy. They are always insecure about the relationship and keep accusing the lady of cheating.

My opinion
Because you keep giving them reason to feel insecure. Beside the rich guy is only secure because he may have like 10 other girls which you are even aware of lol. A broke guy most times have you as all and all so Na concentration of emotions cause the insecurity
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by loswhite(m): 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
EggovinMma:

That lady is close to the truth, Nna most broke guys get issues o . Their wahala dey irritate. cheesy
What about broke girls? The last I checked jay z got married to a rich girl. Broke girls are parasite
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by McEwen(m): 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
ireneony:
ask google
Where u been sweety? angry
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 21, 2015
Why are we discussing this I thought I drop a heavy knowledge bomb cool by telling guys to focus on career and not relationship.
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by honeygirl17: 12:05am On Jun 24, 2015
loswhite:
Because you keep giving them reason to feel insecure. Beside the rich guy is only secure because he may have like 10 other girls which you are even aware of lol. A broke guy most times have you as all and all so Na concentration of emotions cause the insecurity

Lol, na my opinion sha
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by loswhite(m): 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
honeygirl17:

Lol, na my opinion sha
I get. But it is important to knw y guys are insecure. Girls contribute a lot to it.
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by fexyrich(m): 11:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
Yea man ur right.that's what so many of we young men out there don't know
walexy30:

Nice one. A real man does not beg girls; make the money, girls would beg to have you.
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 3:47am On Jul 06, 2015
classicB:
My friends and myself were discussing about relationship stuffs recently.
We talked about one of our coursemate that is lucky enough to have a guy that cares so much about her, takes care of her, up to the point of giving her salary grin yet this girl doesn't love or appreciate the guy at all, she still go about sleeping with men cos of chicken change.

And we also have one that is currently in love with a broke guy. They have been together for close to 3years now and sometimes this girl feels like the guy doesn't love her enough simply because she sees what her friends are getting from their guy and she's not privileged to get it from her own boyfriend. Its not as if she doesn't love the guy or anything but she sometimes get jealous and imagine herself in the shoes of girls I mentioned above.
Her boyfriend loves her and he isn't cheating on her.

So my question is, how do u think a broke guy can show love, and care to his girlfriend in the absence of cash?

or posts always makes sense
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 5:31am On Jul 06, 2015
sinaj:
his actions nd words smiley
ph babe.. Dat one alone do you? wink
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Princepioneer(m): 7:35am On Aug 30, 2015
Interesting topic cool
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by chenor(f): 12:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
Lol. It's all about mutual understanding. The girl should be contented With what she has. The guy won't remain poor for ever, better days lie ahead.
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by queencalipso(f): 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
Money can't buy love but broke guys are annoying sometimes. I'm not saying its wrong to date a broke guy. They are always insecure about the relationship and keep accusing the lady of cheating.

My opinion

Not just your opinion mine aswell you are sooo much on point. Youjust spoke my words for me.
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by ZeeAfrica(f): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
is it love I go chop? lol,kidding, but seriously hey, if u truly love someone, their finances don't really matter, love is patient, kind and not self-seeking. My ex earned 20 times I did, he was willing to be generous, even offered to buy me a car, pay for my school and assist me with the deposit, for me to buy a house, but I was not in love with him, I was actually intimidated, he was 3 years older than my mom, widower and his first born was 8 years younger than me. He was willing to be there for me, but I was intimidated by his success and too independent, I hated the idea of owing someone so much. I am like that naturally, coz even when my employer wanted to pay for my varsity, I refused. To cut a long story short, my current bf is the same age as I am, he runs his own company and it's doing well, but I can see that he is not 100% there yet, and needs to work on the company, so that his future can be great. He is very stingy and I admire that about him, according to me, his stinginess is a sign that he has plans for every dime he gets. I have even gotten to an extend of always giving his money back, whenever he offers. I always tell him to invest it back in to his business and never worry about me, coz I have my own cash, and would not want to ruin his future by being greedy. to show that I really love this man, he has cheated on me once, and I got angry just like anyone would, and took him back when he humbled himself and apologised, I never used his financial status against him, because it is my heart and not wallet which matters, when it comes to matters of the heart. should he hurt me one day, or should he think I am a fool, by giving my heart and not my wallet to him. its his loss

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Boyfriend Dumped To Marry Another Woman Breaks Nigeria Twitter / How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? / Groomsmen And Bridesmaids Carry Couple As They Kiss: Hilarious Wedding Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.