Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,431 members, 7,978,365 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:04 AM

What Do You Think Can Project Our Naija Hip Hop To The Next Level - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Do You Think Can Project Our Naija Hip Hop To The Next Level (637 Views)

Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) / What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2011? / What Are your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2009? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Can Project Our Naija Hip Hop To The Next Level by baibbieboy: 10:20am On Feb 23, 2009
I have av always thought about our naija hip hop genre. No doubt the industry is getting better every day by the kind of stuff dat our artists are doing right now. But How can we really cut across all barriers by getting our naija hip hop recognized globally just like some other genre from naija. I'm talking about people likes of Fela, Femi, Asa, Lagbaja and co.
This sets of artists are really rocking the world stages everywhere. Our hip hop artists too do go for events outside there but not on the platforms that they do. we need more of concerts like the one 9ice was on Mandela's birthdays concert in the UK even though the performance wasn't spectacular. And maybe they should just try to balance creativity and being commercial. I encourage them to do songs for naija people and at the same time show the rest of the world that they can really do some real stuffs too. I think in that process we will represent better with our own kinda of hip hop. And our lyrical content should be on point. not just make we dance alone. It's my own opinion sha please do coment
Re: What Do You Think Can Project Our Naija Hip Hop To The Next Level by 9jabeats(m): 10:34am On Feb 23, 2009
www.9jabeats.com

I think that before our Nigerian hip hop is accepted anywhere else it would have to be accepted back home FIRST. Please feel free and join 9jabeats.com its my own way of contributing to the Nigerian music industry and I also feel you can contribute on our forum.
Re: What Do You Think Can Project Our Naija Hip Hop To The Next Level by tosinaded(m): 10:40am On Feb 23, 2009
Its a gradual process

(1) (Reply)

Guess Who's On Our List For This Month! / Where Can I Get Update On Latest Piano? / Sorrow,tears And Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.