Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,301 members, 7,940,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States (29301 Views)

Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos / Get Your Master's Degrees In The United States Of America / Advice A Nigeria Based Nurse Hoping To Practice In The United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by olutunde12(m): 10:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
Ops, Nigeria is better. There , monkey de work, baboon de chop abi? In Nigeria, Monkey de work, and de feed baboon with im hand!

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
Op you can come, don't be discouraged. My friend who got his MBA at Brookes in UK just landed a 40k job at Lekki after months of waiting for that 'oil job'. So, when you come don't assume that there's a preference for people who schooled 'out', my dear as long as your dad or uncle on in-law is not the head of that firm, you will wear tie, monkey jacket and your Christmas shoe to attend interview like everyone else oh cheesygrincheesy
Again, Nigeria is an emerging economy, you can stay back to work for 2-5years over there, make money and then come back home with ideas and capital to start your own business...

2 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by dROC1: 10:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
Lmaoo cheesy. This got me rolling.

Vikkie14:
WELCOME HOME.

In case you've forgotten, we will put you through the necessary procedures.

If you want to relocate to the BOKO HARAM Land-- Press 1.

If you want to relocate to RITUALIST Land-- press 2.

If you want to relocate to "KILLER" CATTLE RUSTLERS/FULANI HERDSMEN Land-- Press 3.

If you want to relocate to PIPE LINE VANDALS/KIDNAPPERS Land--press 4.

If you want to go back to USA-- Make you Press 5.

Press 6 to listen to it again.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
You have an American passport right? Go to Nigeria and explore. If it is rubbish run back.

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by 19naia(m): 1:01am On Jun 17, 2015
standd:
Op you can come, don't be discouraged. My friend who got his MBA at Brookes in UK just landed a 40k job at Lekki after months of waiting for that 'oil job'. So, when you come don't assume that there's a preference for people who schooled 'out', my dear as long as your dad or uncle on in-law is not the head of that firm, you will wear tie, monkey jacket and your Christmas shoe to attend interview like everyone else oh cheesygrincheesy
Again, Nigeria is an emerging economy, you can stay back to work for 2-5years over there, make money and then come back home with ideas and capital to start your own business...

Is that 40k naira per month? shocked
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by alakaman: 1:07am On Jun 17, 2015
Honestly, I don't see why a well qualified man should not do better in the U S than in Nigeria. Except you are being lured by Nigeria's thieving politicians and corrupt engineers who come to the U S to flash blood money
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by digitsolution: 4:03am On Jun 17, 2015
Plan your exit carefully and ensure you have a contingency plan or plans to avoid stories that touch. Relocating back to Nigeria isn't beans my brother.

Anyways For all your branding and customization projects/jobs we deliver nationwide.

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by oma19(f): 10:42am On Jun 17, 2015
please make your research very well, even in nigerian here, the oga still dey eat, apply on line
take some time off, for interview.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by wiloy2k8(m): 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
BayoAdex:
Good morning everyone, I am an American naturalized citizen and currently a studying chemical engineering in the United States. My plan is to relocate to Nigeria after the completion of my program (plus an MBA) with the aim of working in a top oil and gas/petrochemical firm, as life in the U.S to me is "monkey dey work baboon dey chop".

Please I need your candid advise whether relocating to Nigeria is something reasonable. By the way I used to live in Lagos and Ibadan, I left Nigeria about 5 years ago so I pretty much still have a feel. Please Engineers in the house and my honorable people, I need your advise. Thank you.

i have a free apartment in lagos for free . in exchange for ur apartment .
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by bukatyne(f): 4:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
pablomaria:

hahaha, abeg tell them jare, dem think say lekki na sambissa forest, land in lekki is expensive. hahaha cool

Even Sambisa forest nor cheap.

Buy small land in Lekki!

lol!

1/8th Plot
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by bukatyne(f): 4:09pm On Jun 17, 2015
erico2k2:

grin grin grin good question, they think its 10M

Is 10m sef small?

How many people earn 10M per annum in Nigeria
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Olaone1: 4:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
grin
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by erico2k2(m): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
bebe2:

haba, no be mouth oo,

i beg google tax rate for over 40k earners.

Higher rate 40% £31,786 to £150,000

People with the standard Personal Allowance start paying this rate on income over £42,385
Additional rate 45% Over £150,000
I earn above 31k I do not get taxed %40.I understand the %40 but ask yourself how many Nigerians do you know who earns £2000 After tax if you are not a professional?If you earn 40k and your personal allowance is £10000 then you won't pay %40.however if your personal allowance was £700 pa then you would.it depends on your tax code.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by erico2k2(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
bukatyne:

Is 10m sef small?

How many people earn 10M per annum in Nigeria
you will be suprised money has no value in Nigeria nowadays I'm afraid. I know loads of my friends who save 500k monthly.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by erico2k2(m): 5:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
19naia:

Is that 40k naira per month? shocked
Some guys sef nah 30k you dey talk grin

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by babamajor: 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
erico2k2:

Guy 2M naira is nothing this days dont even try to reason in that line,

D u read d post well. D I said I Wil be doin notin aside d two million, anyway I don't know u but if two millions is notin to u den u must be a rich guy. Naija has not goin to d level wer dat amount can't be ok for a year am a landlord already so I know ao to manage it.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by erico2k2(m): 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
babamajor:

D u read d post well. D I said I Wil be doin notin aside d two million, anyway I don't know u but if two millions is notin to u den u must be a rich guy. Naija has not goin to d level wer dat amount can't be ok for a year am a landlord already so I know ao to manage it.
ok no problem if that's your level thank God but I'm saying 2M no reach.and I be 9 ja proper.some of my guys in a onomatopoeia PH earn 600k and I'm not joking.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by babamajor: 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
erico2k2:

ok no problem if that's your level thank God but I'm saying 2M no reach.and I be 9 ja proper.some of my guys in a onomatopoeia PH earn 600k and I'm not joking.

Tanks for d advice I Wil be in naija for holide nex mont nd see tins myself
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by bukatyne(f): 8:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by bukatyne(f): 8:24pm On Jun 17, 2015
erico2k2:

you will be suprised money has no value in Nigeria nowadays I'm afraid. I know loads of my friends who save 500k monthly.

And how many people apart from politicians, top IT personnel, oil & gas and mgt staff earn 500k monthly not to talk of saving N500k monthly?

Bros, we are talking of Nigeria here
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by erico2k2(m): 8:48pm On Jun 17, 2015
bukatyne:

And how many people apart from politicians, top IT personnel, oil & gas and mgt staff earn 500k monthly not to talk of saving N500k monthly?

Bros, we are talking of Nigeria here
do you live anywhere near PH? or warri?
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by MrP7: 4:44am On Jun 23, 2015
bukatyne:

Do you know how much a plot of land goes for @ Lekki?

Are you in Nigeria?
There are different parts of Lekki , you need to do your research before you respond to write ups.
Go to properties section of nairaland ,shine your eyes.
If this guy comes back and he's not from an affluent family he's on his own
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Ephemmm: 2:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
bigtt76:
I would advise that you do it in phase - taste the waters before relocating down fully. Come spend like between 3-6 months at a stretch and see if you can cope from the 'withdrawal syndrome' the movement will throw at you.

Like someone commented here, there are lots and lots of people like you ....its no longer automatic that because you schooled abroad you get a job immediately, so be ready for competition.

In coming back, your state and location of residence would determine how long or how soon you many want to run back home grin - If you decide to stay on the Lagos Island (Lekki, VGC area) be ready to cough out millions in rent (depending on your choice of building) or if you stay on the Mainland and work on the Island (where most oil companies are located) be ready to sleep less at night or spend more time in traffic.

Did I hear you studied Chemical Engineering? That means you might want to go to Port Harcourt where the action is? Well good but be ready with your ransom money in an escrow account just in case grin

Don't be discouraged shaaa ....there's the good side too - all those nice nice places you love visiting for fun or eating out, are now here hustling grin - only McDonalds still de form shaa. We have KFC, Dominos Pizza, Nandos you name it. For clothings, you have them here. If you still de feel like 'only bought in US stores' kind off ....we got parcel shipping companies here that can do you the magic grin

The babes grin .....we de shaaaa ....be ready to buy us Moet (osho free ones de shaaa but ...you know na) kiss

All the best man.

tongue tongue tongue. U funny die
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Ephemmm: 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
sexymoma:
Bros Stay dia ooo we wey we dey hia sef.. as i dey type so i never chop (1)
(2)Traffic wey go dey hook u for here ehn e nor get Season ooo i nearly wan sh1t for body the other day
(3)Bros we wey dey hia dey struggle wan go U.S ooo... Light nor dey like dat for here ooo u go fit cope so
(4)E nor easy to get Job for Naija oooo... Ma neighbour wey study Law, Na only God say make he learn how to barb

tongue tongue tongue tongue cry cry cry cry cry cry smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad shocked shocked cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tonguekiss embarassed cool shocked angry cheesy smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Ephemmm: 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
lestat:
Get away!!! maybe you have committed a crime bloody funcle!!!! Who in his or her right mind will come back to this cesspit of evil?!!! except a pedophile or criminal!!! because all pedophiles know here is a haven for child molesters!!! SEE NEVER IN YOUR USELESS LIFE COME HERE AND POST SUCH NONSENSE AGAIN!!!! YES I AM ANGRY BECAUSE I JUST READ HOW MUCH CLOTHING ALLOWANCES THE LAW MAKERS ARE GETTING NEXT WEEK SO I AM TAKING IT OUT ON YOU!!!!!
RUBBISH POST!!!! IF YOU WANT TO ESCAPE THE AMERICAN POLICE BETTER GO ELSE WHERE THAN RETURN HERE UNGRATEFUL GOAT!!!! NONSENSE !!!!!! angry angry

tongue tongue tongue tongue Chai! See frustration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rochas Construction Company Worker Dies In Building Site (Photos) / Wema Bank Salary: How Much Does Wema Bank Pays Their Staff? / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.