Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,267 members, 7,881,020 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:56 AM

Advice Needed Urgently - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Needed Urgently (706 Views)

She Came And Offered Me Sex. (advice Needed) / My Relationship Gone Bad, Matured Advice Needed.. / Wife Caught Having Sex With The Gateman. Advice Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed Urgently by woju: 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2015
plz my fellow nairalanders i need ur candid and unbiased advice on this issue that has been bothering me;
Am hoping to go for my fiances' introduction by the end of this year and all things being equal we hope to get married by 1st quarter of next year (2016). she's 22 and will be rounding up her NYSC by October. her father has always wanted her to do her M.Sc immediately after service which i totally agree with but the problem now is that the M.Sc form is out and her father is saying he doesn't have money to buy the form for her talk more of sponsoring the program. So plz i wanna know if its my responsibility to sponsor her Masters program. Note that i have always been ready support her in the program but its like her father is trying to push that responsibility to me which in all sincerity i don't think i can shoulder alone at this stage because i have our wedding to plan, am running a professional program and my Masters at the same time.
pls ur thoughts and opinions are needed.
No hate word or insults pls. MOD PLZ DO THE NEEDFUL
Re: Advice Needed Urgently by jaybee3(m): 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
woju:
plz my fellow nairalanders i need ur candid and unbiased advice on this issue that has been bothering me;
Am hoping to go for my fiances' introduction by the end of this year and all things being equal we hope to get married by 1st quarter of next year (2016). she's 22 and will be rounding up her NYSC by October. her father has always wanted her to do her M.Sc immediately after service which i totally agree with but the problem now is that the M.Sc form is out and her father is saying he doesn't have money to buy the form for her talk more of sponsoring the program. So plz i wanna know if its my responsibility to sponsor her Masters program. Note that i have always been ready support her in the program but its like her father is trying to push that responsibility to me which in all sincerity i don't think i can shoulder alone at this stage because i have our wedding to plan, am running a professional program and my Masters at the same time.

Why bother consider it if you can't afford it?

Just be honest about it and ask her to defer it

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Urgently by agarawu23(m): 4:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
her father has always wanted her to do her M.Sc immediately after service

As you have said, it's her father decision not yours so therefore her father should sponsor the program. If you guys are Already married, nobody will ask you not to sponsor her. We have seen many cases whereby a guy sponsor a lady to school and the lady later dump him for another guy. (forget introduction date and wedding plans. we have read it here on this forum where a lady left the guy on their wedding day)

I don't know how strong both of you relationship is but I don't trust ladies of nowadays undecided . Her responsibility is still on her parents since you haven't married her but that doesn't mean you will not spend on her if you have.

in conclusion, check your pocket and see if you can risk it and make sure you will not regret it. smiley

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Urgently by sinaj(f): 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
She is not your wife nd not yet your responsibility...

If you can afford it, go ahead but if you cant be sincere to her dad.

Perhaps her dad is afraid you wont put her education into consideration after you marry her smiley

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Urgently by Omotayor123(f): 4:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
If you have The capability go ahead and sponsor her. If not let her see reasons.

Hope the dad won't stop your wedding because of that....

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Urgently by pretydiva(f): 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
She isn't ur responsibility yet cos u ain't married 2 her. Since her father wants her 2 go 4 her Msc,he should b ready 2 shoulder d responsibility. U can den support in wat eva way u can
Re: Advice Needed Urgently by agarawu23(m): 4:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
pretydiva:
She isn't ur responsibility yet cos u ain't married 2 her. Since her father wants her 2 go 4 her Msc,he should b ready 2 shoulder d responsibility . U can den support in wat eva way u can
that's the main point here
Re: Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
woju:

I suggest you talk to her father Man-to-Man
Let him know you're ready to support her, but can only do so after the wedding (when your pocket comes back to life)

Or if you can sacrifice the wedding till next two years so that you can use the money to support her.

TheChoiceIsYours
#my2kobo

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Urgently by woju: 4:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
agarawu23:
her father has always wanted her to do her M.Sc immediately after service

As you have said, it's her father decision not yours so therefore her father should sponsor the program. If you guys are Already married, nobody will ask you not to sponsor her. We have seen many cases whereby a guy sponsor a lady to school and the lady later dump him for another guy. (forget introduction date and wedding plans. we have read it here on this forum where a lady left the guy on their wedding day)

I don't know how strong both of you relationship is but I don't trust ladies of nowadays undecided . Her responsibility is still on her parents since you haven't married her but that doesn't mean you will not spend on her if you have.

in conclusion, check your pocket and see if you can risk it and make sure you will not regret it. smiley
THANKS MAN

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Urgently by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
woju:
Okay, you wrote that her father said he doesn't he have money to get her M.SC form and sponsor the program.
Why not ask her to know the decision her father is trying to make concerning it? Probably, it might not be that he's trying to dump the responsibility on you.
After confirming from her and you find out that's her fathers' true intention, you can then open up to them whether you can sponsor her or not.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Urgently by jaybee3(m): 4:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
Omotayor123:
If you have The capability go ahead and sponsor her. If not let her see reasons.

Hope the dad won't stop your wedding because of that....
Shouldn't
Re: Advice Needed Urgently by Omotayor123(f): 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
jaybee3:
Shouldn't
you didn't see 'Hope'.

'I mean I hope he won't'......
Re: Advice Needed Urgently by jaybee3(m): 5:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
Omotayor123:

you didn't see 'Hope'.

'I mean I hope he won't'......
I'm high on janjaweèd
Re: Advice Needed Urgently by Omotayor123(f): 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
jaybee3:
I'm high on janjaweèd
grin
Re: Advice Needed Urgently by Flashh: 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
Come to think of it... After you have help her out, and at long run you hear a sad word from her or her parents that both of you aren't suited for marriage, what will you do? Nothing!

You will end up looking like a big fool and start blaming yourself, and will still come here to create a new thread for that, to ask "What can you do to your ex family"?

Don't let them fool you... Things like this happens in different occasions.

If her father want her to do it, the best is to complete it himself.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed Urgently by ikeepitreal(m): 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
Talk to the girl's father and pour out your feelings

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage / Folks, It Is Rude To Accost Strangers Who Dont Know You / A Word/statement For This "COUPLE''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.