Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:33 PM

Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce (900 Views)

Femi Aribisala Asks Zahra Buhari A Question Over Aso Rock Clinic Statement / EXCLUSIVE | Aisha Buhari Sidelined As Mamman Daura Cabal Takes Over Aso Rock / Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by smemud(m): 7:21am On Jun 17, 2015
Ahead of the relocation of President Muhammadu Buhari to the Presidential Villa, arrangements have been concluded for the Nigerian military to take over the activities of the Strike Force,The PUNCHhas learnt.The Strike Force, which is a special security outfit saddled with the responsibility of protecting the President and the seat of power, is currently comprising only officials of the Department of State Services.A top Presidency official, who pleadedanonymity, told our correspondent on Tuesday that soldiers might take overtheir responsibility very soon.The source said a Lieutenant who willbe leading 21 other military personnelhad already been transferred to the Strike Force with an instruction to take over from the DSS officials.He said, “DSS officials are the ones that have been serving in the Strike Force. “With this development military personnel will take over from them henceforth.“We are aware that the situation is causing a palpable tension as there isa possibility of a showdown. But we are working hard to ensure that the situation did not degenerate.”Operatives attached to the Strike Force are always trained abroad on counter-assault and other techniques aimed at making their jobs easier.In explaining their duties, the source said its operatives were the ones former President Olusegun Obasanjo erroneously referred to as snippers in his widely-publicised open letter to former President Goodluck Jonathan.Another official, who is aware of the arrangement, also said that machinery had also been put in place to change the new Presidential Villa’s Administrative Officer, who was deployed by the DSS about two weeksago and replaced with a military officer.He said all DSS officials currently serving inside the Presidential Villa were not sure of their fate yet.“The truth is that we are not sure of anything yet. Whichever way, we will only act based on signals from our headquarters whether to leave or remain inside the Villa,” he said.Meanwhile, a major disagreement broke out on Friday between DSS officials drafted from the Presidential Villa, Abuja to the National Mosque, Abuja and some officials of a private security firm.The PUNCHhad reported last week that DSS officials were having a running battle with officials of the security outfit who were reported to have been securing Buhari before he was inaugurated as the President on May 29.Their two earlier encounters in the same mosque were settled amicably with officials of the firm asked to leave the premises for DSS officials.Our correspondent, however, learnt that trouble started again last Friday when DSS officials also sighted the officials of the private firm in the mosque.A source claimed that trouble started when one of the officials of the firm was asked to identify himself.“The DSS officials had asked the private guard to identify himself. One thing led to the other and the private guard was said to have held the necktie of one of the operatives. That led to a fisticuffs. It took the timely intervention of senior officers for the situation to be brought under control,”the source said.Copyright PUNCH.
http://www.punchng.com/news/military-to-take-over-aso-rocks-strike-force/
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by Maczeelly(m): 7:23am On Jun 17, 2015
Okiez
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by daamazing(m): 7:25am On Jun 17, 2015
NOTED
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by CountDracula(m): 7:28am On Jun 17, 2015
I dnt care abt the strike force, I care abt hws he's goin to prevent ASUU from goin on another strike soon
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by oluwafemi113(m): 7:29am On Jun 17, 2015
Aso rock show

Buhari wins

1 Like

Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by anuma1(m): 7:29am On Jun 17, 2015
Wetin concern Me.
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 17, 2015
DSS, are they military men or police.

When did issue of security and defense surpass military that a different organization feels there are more competent ?

DSS is a political arm filled with unprofessional miscreants.
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by opiaoku: 7:30am On Jun 17, 2015
Buhari is a certified terrorist grin
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by fineguy11(m): 7:35am On Jun 17, 2015
Its a welcome development...once a soldier,always a soldier...the General shld create a special unit in the ARMY ,somthing similar to the FSB in russia,or mossad in isreal...the DSS/SSS shld be absolved in to the police,,that is where they belong..
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by fineguy11(m): 7:37am On Jun 17, 2015
opiaoku:
my father is a certified terrorist grin
yes,,u better tell him to,stop his devious acts or he will be executed soon..

1 Like

Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 17, 2015
all is well
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by jejemanito: 7:39am On Jun 17, 2015
Isn't this keeping goat and yam in the same place?

For history's sake merging military and power is quite risky
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by opiaoku: 7:41am On Jun 17, 2015
fineguy11:
I forked my harlot mother to stupor .

Hmmm aids is real shocked
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by benjsniper33: 7:42am On Jun 17, 2015
Iyen naa dara..
Eba wa le won danu tefe tefe,
Ehn..tor leti the militari taki their jobu oo

Basira, one more shot grin
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by chesterlee(m): 7:42am On Jun 17, 2015
He's giving the military an easy access to commit a coup if they so desire...This man will never learn!
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by vedaxcool(m): 7:44am On Jun 17, 2015
epele oh! DSS, take heart, the oga of DSS should simply resigned instead of waiting for the boots, where is that transgendered, Ogar? Why is she still in her position? And still demand that PMB should investigate those responsible for the many irresponsible statements and actions of the DSS.
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by fineguy11(m): 7:52am On Jun 17, 2015
opiaoku:

Hmmm aids is real shocked
u're are obviously one of those e-mastubators who get's off and jerk off when u see the word 'dullard'on nairaland..my advice to u is simple,go get a job skunk..and stop living the life of a 100naira per round w.hore...im off to a real job,to make real money..i'll advice u quit ur nairaland job and get a real one..
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 17, 2015
The job of protecting every president lays on the DSS, and they have never failed to do their duties for once.

So why take that job they trained to do away from them? I hope those advising buhari are advising him well.
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by opiaoku: 7:53am On Jun 17, 2015
fineguy11:
u're are obviously one of those e-mastubators who get's off and jerk off when u see the word 'dullard'on nairalane..my advice to u is simple,go get a job skunk..and stop living the life of a 100naira per round w.hore....

ok i will but not until i finish forking your harlot mother in the assss grin
Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:17am On Jun 17, 2015
Operation faya for faya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strikeforce by ARKdiscloser7(m): 8:41am On Jun 17, 2015
.”Operatives attached to the Strike Force are always trained abroad on counter-assault and other techniques aimed at making their jobs easier.In explaining their duties, the source said its operatives were the ones former President Olusegun Obasanjo erroneously referred to as snippers in his widely-publicised open letter to former President Goodluck Jonathan"

Chai!!
The truth are just gradually sneaking out.
It is obvious that this people really sabotaged GEJ''s govt just to remove him from power.
God will punish OBJ and all that believed that story of snippers

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Prisoners Now At Ekwulobia. Armored Tank Deployed - Eye Witness / Lagos Gets $200m World Bank Credit / Video: Isis Militants Use Meat Cleaver To Chop Off Hand And Foot Of Two Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.