Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,591 members, 7,929,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:17 AM

Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. (19861 Views)

Breaking News! Popular Actress, Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5years Prison / Ibinabo Fiberesima's Backless Dress At Ben-Bruce's 60th Birthday / Ibinabo Fiberesima & Fred Amata's Daughter Joins Nollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. by Grizzly(m): 1:41pm On Feb 26, 2009
Ex-Beauty Queen, She WAS once cute

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. by UNLEASHED(m): 3:37pm On Feb 26, 2009
sad
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2009
Grizzly:

Ex-Beauty Queen, She WAS once cute

see what alcohol does . . .
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. by Sparkle777(f): 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2009
embarassed cry angry I dont understand what the big deal is anyway.How come she's drunk and driving or was she really drunk?I mean if she is then she deserves all the 5 years and more.A whole medical doctor who has probably saved lives and she a common actress who'd not done a decent work all her live.I can't imagine loosing someone like that,loads of condolences to the grieving family.One can't imagine that loss.Pls can someone tell me what really happened.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. by spikedcylinder: 8:18am On Feb 27, 2009
Forget story. The woman is still beautiful.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. by Sauron1: 1:02am On Mar 03, 2009
The sentence was too harsh.
She commited manslaughter not murder.
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. . . . . .5 years imprisonment in Naija prison?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. by DisGuy: 10:59pm On Mar 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. . . . . .5 years imprisonment in Naija prison?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

the crime is too harsh
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez being a widow in naija!?!?!  shocked shocked shocked shocked

is she in prison yet?? that's the koko

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. by Vickibanty(m): 2:13pm On May 28, 2010
.I think she was unfortunate 4 killing and wicked 4 abandoning the family of the diseased.ABAMO A BA MASE,A SETAN O D'AAPON.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. by isalegan2: 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
Ibime: Chei, my sister!

Why una dey celebrate? Ibinabo is well known to our family. The amount of charity she does in Okrika is amazing and she comes from a lovely and well respected family. Her uncle Dima Fiberesima was a guy who gave sight to hundreds of blind people in PH through free eye-clinics he used to hold in Civic Centre. He was also regarded as the most forthright politician in Rivers State, when he got Gov Adeleye impeached for trying to coerce him into bribery. One mistake, and they finish her off. Would the same happen to any other daughter of such a well respected family? Or is it because her family refuse to engage in corruption?

What a repulsive soulless degenerate thing to say.

So, because someone in her family did a good deed, it entitles her to one free killing? What if her grandfather was a minister that saved souls, or grandma ran a soup kitchen, would she be entitled to 2 more murders?

She is being judged for her actions, not the family she comes from. Damn, I thought you were supposed to the a reasonable poster. Happening upon this post of yours has opened my eyes. I hope you are now smarter than you sounded above.

The useless creature whose sole purpose in life is to sell her appearance and her sexuality got behind the wheel of a car despite being thoroughly drunk; took the life of a human being that potentially could have saved many lives in the future. Yet, we're supposed to feel compassion for her? I'm sure there are people who knew the dead doctor that can come here and say he also was from a nice and well-respected family. He also made a mistake - being on the road the same minute as your useless friend. Now, he's dead with a wife and child to suffer that loss for their rest of their lives.

Your friend deserves no less.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. by isalegan2: 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2013
Ibime:

I am sure she is remorseful, as am I. . . . . but 5 years in a Nigerian jail is no justice. As a European citizen, she should request extradition to Europe.

You can read about her uncle and his heroic actions in Rivers State here:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=CcXAqV4Ho04C&pg=PA157&lpg=PA157&dq=dima+fiberesima&source=bl&ots=lCFit_MKA7&sig=QV4VQTsKRlb1XbgIj4fmGGhVhqw&hl=en&ei=Z92jSbf_OsKw-Qbn9KiNBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result

Her family will always remain highly esteemed in Okrika and Rivers State.

How do we know how much blame to apportion to her sef, considering the state of Nigerian roads, traffic and highway violations, both by drivers and pedestrians?

Damn, you're s-tu-pid!

She killed someone in Nigeria. What entitles her to extradition?

P.S.: I didn't even know who this creature was until I saw this post, and googled the name:
https://www.nairaland.com/588191/man-charged-slaying-uic-graduate#7557693
It doesn't appear she spent 5 years in jail; she's out and about now.
It won't be long before she drives recklessly again and takes another life - hopefully only her own.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. by tiwiex(m): 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2015
so, what happened to this sentence? the reason why people go to jail for committing offences is to serve as a deterrence. The law should be no respecter of persons. It is designed to protect the weak/innocent from the strong/reckless. Else everyone can drive and kill. The other problem is prevention. Where are the speed patrols and signs for speed limits control? This and many could have been averted if the police or road safety do their job (the need to clarify responsibilities and get the job description right is needed here). Finally, until states have total control of law enforcement, this will continue to happen. We judge using the Lagos law, yet the police is Federal.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. by Savigne(f): 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
spikedcylinder:

This is ridiculous.
If she killed your brother or sister and tried to get off by paying a mere 100k, will you still be singing this song? undecided
Like seriously...I was amaazed at the load of filth that guy spat...
Who cares if she's a direct descendant of Mother Theresa herself?...
Only in Nigeria.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. by Savigne(f): 12:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sauron1:
No in an American prison...Isnt this the same person who was frolicking about in one half gown at the AMVCA?..
She isnt the least bit remorseful so she should serve the term,next time she'll be wiser.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment. by mediang: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lola Alao: "Every Single Mother Made A Wrong Choice" / Jaywon Celebrates His 32nd Birthday With Cute Photos / Wow! Someone Asked Tonto Dikeh's Michael Awolaja To Make A Gold Casket (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.