Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,961 members, 7,949,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:38 AM

NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience (7028 Views)

Obiano Packages 10kg Rice As 25 Kg For Civil Servants - Picture / National Assembly Fails To Account For N9 Billion - Audit Report / Nnamdi Kanu: MASSOB Goes On Massive Protest, Civil Disobedience January 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 17, 2015
Yesterday Nigerians were greeted with the news that N9billion of our common wealth will be shared among the 109 Senators and 360 Representatives of the Federal Republic. People reacted emotionally. Some created Hashtag, some were swearing, some "siddon de look" while some others left it to God. Some are calling on the President to intervene, some calling on organised labour, while others are practically begging members of the NASS.

First and foremost it is immoral for N21.5million and N17.5 million to be given to each member of the Senate and the Federal House of Representative respectively. This is aside their jumbo and ridiculous monthly, quarterly and annual allowances. Sadly, it has a toga of legality and is enforced by the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation Fiscal Commission(RMAFC).

The naked truth is that the President cannot intervene, the best he can do is persuasion. The labour have been involved in such show in the past without achieving anything. The beneficiaries are not willing to let go. Begging or swearing at them will not solve it. Creating hashtag on twitter is good but must be matched with action. The solution is non-violent "Civil Disobedience"

The proposed civil disobedience to be led by patriotic young people that are willing to stake their freedom and are ready for arrest for the good of the common man. I propose that patriotic young Nigerians that are based in Abuja should come out and occupy the National Assembly. Those of us in Lagos should occupy Lagos state House of Assembly. Those in other 35 states should also occupy their respective legislative houses.

There is need to demand for the immediate suspension of the said N9 billion allowance to members of the National Assembly.

The likes of Prof Wole Soyinka, Pastor Bakare, Chief Olisa Agbakoba etc have done their part. They are ageing already, it amounts to cowardice and shame for any young and able-bodied Nigerian to be waiting for these men to perform our responsibility.

I don't know if this makes sense. If it does, I expect positive response.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by mpowa(m): 9:03am On Jun 17, 2015
Well said Barcanista, Maybe for the first time, we are agreeing on something, I also created a similar thread;

https://www.nairaland.com/2385457/robbers-house-assembly

This as nothing to do with party affiliations or tribes, I in fact I think most Nigerians are foolish, these people have PERMANENT INTEREST but they use PARTY or TRIBE to divide us - The people committing this crime presently are from every tribe in Nigeria and are also in both major parties, when it favours them, they always AGREE TOGETHER

#NigerianYouthsArise, #RobbersInTheHouseOfAssembly, #DontEmbezzleOurFuture

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 17, 2015
Dear APC and PDP defenders, this I believe is a National and patriotic cause that affects all of us. We can put away our partisanship (for now) and tackle this before it is too late.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by dimensional(m): 9:15am On Jun 17, 2015
Them no get plan for Nigeria

With the current pressing predicament of nation they are talking about such huge amount of money for their clothing. It's heartbreaking

2 Likes

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by joseph1832(m): 9:15am On Jun 17, 2015
barcanista:
Dear APC and PDP defenders, this I believe is a National and patriotic cause that affects all of us. We can put away our partisanship (for now) and tackle this before it is too late.
I agree. Name the place and time. Or should we bombard the facebook/twitter accounts of NASS members with our displeasure?.

Opinions should be welcomed!!!.

3 Likes

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 17, 2015
Bro... I m with u on ds too..... infact ehn many things has to stop...
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by dinachi(m): 9:21am On Jun 17, 2015
barcanista:
Yesterday Nigerians were greeted with the news that N9billion of our common wealth will be shared among the 109 Senators and 360 Representatives of the Federal Republic. People reacted emotionally. Some created Hashtag, some were swearing, some "siddon de look" while some others left it to God. Some are calling on the President to intervene, some calling on organised labour, while others are practically begging members of the NASS.
First and foremost it is immoral for N21.5million and N17.5 million to be given to each member of the Senate and the Federal House of Representative respectively. This is aside their jumbo and ridiculous monthly, quarterly and annual allowances. Sadly, it has a toga of legality and is enforced by the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation Fiscal Commission(RMAFC).
The naked truth is that the President cannot intervene, the best he can do is persuasion. The labour have been involved in such show in the past without achieving anything. The beneficiaries are not willing to let go. Begging or swearing at them will not solve it. Creating hashtag on twitter is good but must be matched with action. The solution is non-violent "Civil Disobedience"
The proposed civil disobedience to be led by patriotic young people that are willing to stake their freedom and are ready for arrest for the good of the common man. I propose that patriotic young Nigerians that are based in Abuja should come out and occupy the National Assembly. Those of us in Lagos should occupy Lagos state House of Assembly. Those in other 35 states should also occupy their respective legislative houses.
There is need to demand for the immediate suspension of the said N9 billion allowance to members of the National Assembly.
The likes of Prof Wole Soyinka, Pastor Bakare, Chief Olisa Agbakoba etc have done their part. They are ageing already, it amounts to cowardice and shame for any young and able-bodied Nigerian to be waiting for these men to perform our responsibility.
I don't know if this makes sense. If it does, I expect positive response.
You are a jobless clown. Did the allowances issue start with Buharis government? Why didn't you lead a civil disobedience when your god GEJ was there? You want to cause problems for Buhari ba? No other government in Nigeria's history has ever destroyed the economy of Nigeria like GEJ but you didn't lead any civil disobedience all through its history. You are a paid PDP agent and any understanding Nigerian will do anything within his power to stay far away from you and your suggestions!

9 Likes

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 17, 2015
joseph1832:
I agree. Name the place and time. Or should we bombard the facebook/twitter accounts of NASS members with our displeasure?.

I believe you are in Lagos. If you are I'm proposing Saturday June 20, for us to #OccupyLagos state House of Assembly. Those in other states could do likewise ie occupy their respective legislative houses. While those in Abuja occupy the National Assembly. Twitter "occupation" doesn't work for Nigeria. It makes us appear like cowards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Dollyak(f): 9:23am On Jun 17, 2015
Nice initiative barcarnista.
dinachi:
You are a jobless clown. Did the allowances issue start with Buharis government? Why didn't you lead a civil disobedience when your god GEJ was there? You want to cause problems for Buhari ba? No other government in Nigeria's history has ever destroyed the economy of Nigeria like GEJ but you didn't lead any civil disobedience all through its history. You are a paid PDP agent and any understanding Nigerian will do anything within his power to stay far away from you and your suggestions!
Get some wisdom for once, this isn't about one party. It's funny how you would rather defend politicians to the detriment of the fellow citizens. This is why Nigeria is still where it is.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by sammyj: 9:25am On Jun 17, 2015
Like I said in my previous comment, if this current NASS and government does not get things right and cut down excess spending, I for see a revolution very soon if this is not properly managed.!!! shocked cool

3 Likes

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by ojaydedon(m): 9:25am On Jun 17, 2015
True talk... Something needs to be done... We need to take a stand on this issue.. Its not fair..
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by QuotaSystem: 9:27am On Jun 17, 2015
I support this call whole heartedly.

6 Likes

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by 9jii(m): 9:27am On Jun 17, 2015
Let's match
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 17, 2015
dinachi:
You are the paid agent here. How does the call for the immediate suspension of the immoral N9b concern who is in power? Do you need someone to explain to you that the proposed civil disobedience is targeted at the legislative arm and has nothing to do with the executive? That it went unchallenged under Goodluck, Obj and Yaradua doesn't mean it should continue to go unchallenge.

Btw: I propose that you enroll for comprehension class.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by blym4real: 9:29am On Jun 17, 2015
Not minding the poster, this is a good initiative.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by OAUTemitayo: 9:30am On Jun 17, 2015
Why Lagos?
Don't you have your own home state? Start from your Rivers state.
barcanista:
I believe you are in Lagos. If you are I'm proposing Saturday June 20, for us to #OccupyLagos state House of Assembly. Those in other states could do likewise ie occupy their respective legislative houses. While those in Abuja occupy the National Assembly. Twitter "occupation" doesn't work for Nigeria. It makes us appear like cowards.

2 Likes

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by mpowa(m): 9:32am On Jun 17, 2015
dinachi:

my brother, for once, forget about Buhari, I voted for Buhari too, we are talking about our future here, with this trend, NO GOVERNMENT CAN SUCCEED, these people don't care about parties or tribe they just want to EMBEZZLE and they achieve it easily when we keep fighting foolishly.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 17, 2015
Well, I am not the kind of person that believe in e-struggle. The money is to be paid next week and we ought to act fast. I propose Saturday for people to come out and take a stand. By the time we start, they will be the one to call for reversal.

mpowa:
Well said Barcanista, Maybe for the first time, we are agreeing on something, I also created a similar thread;

https://www.nairaland.com/2385457/robbers-house-assembly

This as nothing to do with party affiliations or tribes, I in fact I think most Nigerians are foolish, these people have PERMANENT INTEREST but they use PARTY or TRIBE to divide us - The people committing this crime presently are from every tribe in Nigeria and are also in both major parties, when it favours them, they always AGREE TOGETHER

#NigerianYouthsArise, #RobbersInTheHouseOfAssembly, #DontEmbezzleOurFuture
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by joseph1832(m): 9:36am On Jun 17, 2015
barcanista:
Okay. This saturday it is. What time should we convene there?.

2 Likes

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Mynd44: 9:38am On Jun 17, 2015
*sighs*
Y'all need to chill and get yourselves coordinated before you get yourselves arrested or shot at.

1. Wait for coordination before you go so you can go en mass. It has to be a joint movement across social media. There will be a protest at Unity Fountain, near Millennium Park in Abuja on Friday by 5pm to start plans.

2. The protest for Lagos has not been fixed yet so it will be soon I guess

3. The Lagos state house does not sit on weekends. You will just go there to loiter the place and make noise.

4. I heard one of Buhari's kid will be involved in Abuja at least. Not confirmed yet

5. Dino Melaye might show.

6. Calm yourselves down and get coordinated before you start jumping up and down.

7. I thought you people loved the idea of the Deputy speaker? Now that he has shown his colors you scream. Oh well, as usual we have to suffer the myopia of others. Nonsense.

In other words....hold on for further info and don't make plans alone

11 Likes

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by joseph1832(m): 9:43am On Jun 17, 2015
Mynd44:
*sighs*
Y'all need to chill and get yourselves coordinated before you get yourselves arrested or shot at.

1. Wait for coordination before you go so you can go en mass. It has to be a joint movement across social media. There will be a protest at Unity Fountain, near Millennium Park in Abuja on Friday by 5pm to start plans.

2. The protest for Lagos has not been fixed yet so it will be soon I guess

3. The Lagos state house does not sit on weekends. You will just go there to loiter the place and make noise.

4. I heard one of Buhari's kid will be involved in Abuja at least. Not confirmed yet

5. Dino Melaye might show.

6. Calm yourselves down and get coordinated before you start jumping up and down.

7. I thought you people loved the idea of the Deputy speaker? Now that he has shown his colors you scream. Oh well, as usual we have to suffer the myopia of others. Nonsense.

In other words....hold on for further info and don't make plans alone
This is not the time to make such remarks bro. I see no reason whatsoever why that amount of money should be paid to NASS members when they already collect so much, without even doing squat!
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Mynd44: 9:47am On Jun 17, 2015
joseph1832:
This is not the time to make such remarks bro. I see no reason whatsoever why that amount of money should be paid to NASS members when they already collect so much, without even doing squat!

You fail to see how deep this is.

Each senator makes 30million per month in allowances
And earn about 2.4 million basic pay

What they will offer is to cut their salary by 50% which means their basic will be 1.2 but leave the allowance of 30 million.

You think all these was not looked at when the choice of senate president was being looked at? Y'all chose something else and now we have to start fighting

4 Likes

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 17, 2015
joseph1832:
Okay. This saturday it is. What time should we convene there?.
I propose 7am-9am on Saturday and remain there till they heed to our demand. We have to get ourselves coordinated and know who and who will be joining the protest. Like I said, this is a fight for young people.

Contributions will be appreciated
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Luckygurl(f): 9:52am On Jun 17, 2015
0GBUEFI:
Nigeria is a zoo. We must actualise Biafra Republic
Long live Director Nnamdi Kanu
Long live Biafra Republic
0GBUEFI:
Igbos must kill pastor Adeboye and all other Yoruba Pastors - Nnamdi Kanu(Radio Biafra)

Must you put your stupidity on full display at all times?
Can't you pretend atleast for once that what you've got as a brain is still functional?

You tribal bigots disgust me

2 Likes

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 17, 2015
dinachi:

What a comment! SMH.
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 17, 2015
This is beyond partisanship (both APC and PDP legislators will earn same pay). All legislators irrespective of tribe, gender and religion are pencilled down as beneficiaries of these largese. I don't see any reason why some people are bringing partisanship and tribalism into this.

1 Like

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Vicadonis(m): 9:58am On Jun 17, 2015
See them, dem won fool us. God don catch una... useless people
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by bettercreature(m): 10:00am On Jun 17, 2015
I dont know the problem with you guys beside the 9 Billion is for 109 + 360 people
I dont think there is anything bad about it
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by MizMyColi(f): 10:01am On Jun 17, 2015
joseph1832:

I'm with you!

Please what's their handle, high time my twitter account experienced resurrection.
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by egbaguy: 10:02am On Jun 17, 2015
First time @barcanista is making sense!!!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking :names Of Ministers For Screening / Why Was Obigbo/Oyigbo Taken Out Of Imo State And Carved Into Rivers State? / How Come People From North And South West Are Not Threatening To Leave Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.