Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,398 members, 7,947,674 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:36 AM

"Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / "Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? (1101 Views)

Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. / YOUR OPINION: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, Compulsory Or Made Optional / Should NYSC Be Scrapped? Give Reasons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? by dhseer: 8:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hello Nairalanders!

Please share your opinion to the following Questions:

==> Should NYSC be removed completely from the Nigerians education system? If Yes Why? and if No why?
==> Or Should it be modified and what changes would you like to see in the NYSC?
==> Say one thing you believe the Nigerian government will do to help empower the youths of Nigeria.

Thanks.

Share your opinion please no insult and abuse.

1 Like

Re: "Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? by geeworld1(m): 8:21pm On Jun 17, 2015
abeg not yet o, e neva reach my turn....

me self wan chop allowee undecided

1 Like

Re: "Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? by ifeoluwasegun(m): 8:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
Thanks op for this thread, I've been hoping to see threads like this...
Back to the topic: my blunt answer is COMPLETE SCRAP!
I wait to gently compile my numerous reasons which m gonna post soon!
Hence, i still sit back and read comments!
Re: "Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? by dhseer: 8:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
ifeoluwasegun:
Thanks op for this thread, I've been hoping to see threads like this...
Back to the topic: my blunt answer is COMPLETE SCRAP!
I wait to gently compile my numerous reasons which m gonna post soon!
Hence, i still sit back and read comments!

U welcome.

Lolz. Okay.. I will be glad to see the numerous reasons why it should be removed

Thanks
Re: "Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? by kunlesufyan(m): 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
It shouldn't be scrapped,rather it should be reviewed ...there was a reason y nysc was set up in the first place,and we are slowly losing track of that ..it should be reviewed especially the part of allawee and accommodation ..honestly 19800 isn't enough to cater for an average Nigerian looking at how the cost of living has risen up..also more lodges should be built so corp members would have to start renting apartment just for a one year program ..
Re: "Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? by dhseer: 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
kunlesufyan:
It shouldn't be scrapped,rather it should be reviewed ...there was a reason y nysc was set up in the first place,and we are slowly losing track of that ..it should be reviewed especially the part of allawee and accommodation ..honestly 19800 isn't enough to cater for an average Nigerian looking at how the cost of living has risen up..also more lodges should be built so corp members would have to start renting apartment just for a one year program ..

Thanks. for your opinion.
Re: "Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? by ifeoluwasegun(m): 4:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
dhseer:

U welcome.

Lolz. Okay.. I will be glad to see the numerous reasons why it should be removed

Thanks

Still on my mind, but been busy these days. I'm very sorry about that though!
Re: "Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? by OlaoluEmir(m): 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
No!
Because is one of the experience in life; which anybody can add to his/her own ( CV ) as graduate.
Nothing like remove pls!!!!
Re: "Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? by dhseer: 4:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
ifeoluwasegun:

Still on my mind, but been busy these days. I'm very sorry about that though!

Ok. Then how about we talk on phone or Whatsapp? Hit me up or add me (zero, eight, one, eight, five, five, five, one, four, five, four)

Thanks.
Re: "Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? by dhseer: 4:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
OlaoluEmir:
No!
Because is one of the experience in life; which anybody can add to his/her own ( CV ) as graduate.
Nothing like remove pls!!!!

Ok. Thanks for your opinion
Re: "Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? by omodayomi(f): 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
I have been waiting for this topic, it should not be scraped but total review. my opinion on how to go about this will be posted asap. wink

1 Like

Re: "Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? by dhseer: 5:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
omodayomi:
I have been waiting for this topic, it should not be scraped but total review. my opinion on how to go about this will be posted asap. wink

Thanks. Pls post your opinion we are waiting
Re: "Whats Your Opinion" Should NYSC Be Removed From Nigerias Education System? by omodayomi(f): 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
Sorry for the delay, my schedule is very tight I ought to have replied earlier than this, but pardon me. 

My contribution to review of NYSC programme goes thus: 
Let use a stone to kill two birds;
agriculture is d stone for killing unemployment and food shortage/high cost of living and so on.
service to our father's land in others States can be optional, the corps can stay in their respective state of residence and engage in farming through government assistance by providing them with all d necessary. farming implement such as tractor, land, technical knowledge, fishing net and so on, to avoid corruption.
                    Implementation/Method
All d state in Nigeria is blessed with different food crops, cash crops, fishing, poultry, rearing of farm animals, and so on. corp members that are interested in farming will stay in his/her residential state to practice agricultural enterprise where the state have comparative advantage over other states. For instance, in Lagos state rice, coconuts, fish , are common, Kano is known for groundnut, Abuja's for yam, Benue for fruits and so on like that.
3 weeks orientation should be basically on agricultural entrepreneurship , followed by proper practical planting and implementation rather than planting and harvesting on books and laptops without result. 
The corp members will be exposed to all d rudiments of farming by practise, for a whole year corps members will be engaged in planting operations only.
The first set of people that plant will handover accordingly. to the next batch of d following year who will then engage in processing, storage and marketing operations of d harvested produce of d last session . let have in mind that those corps that are not interested in farming can still follows present trend of NYSC. By posting them to d various states as deem fit, only those that show interest in farming can be retained in their state of residence

Furthermore, at end of each farming seasoning government can buy d produce or sell to potential buyers at a very good price thereby share d profit with corp farmers to encourage them. At the end of d whole exercise any member that wish to continue farming can be assisted with loan and land to start with.
The write up is subjected to modification in whatever form but d major concern is to encourage farming among our youth in order to save the country from joblessness ,reduce high crime rate, increase food production, sustain our economy.
Can you believe in a year if the total number of youth corps are engaged only on planting of palm trees through out the session, how much we can benefit from that as a country (not to talk of groundnut,fishing, cassava, rice,tree crops, plantains, fruits, poultry, cattle rearing to mention but few) let begin to think in this direction and see how drastic d change campaign can change our life in this country.
Thanks.
Oyelaja omodayomi
j[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (Reply)

See The Suffering Corp Members Are Calling Home In Bayelsa / Finishing NYSC Without Plan A And Plan B Is Risky / Earn $1000 Monthly As An Affiliate Marketer In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.