Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,605 members, 7,941,328 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 12:32 AM

President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP (1614 Views)

Onyeka Nwelue Criticizes Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees Over Old Age / Buhari Has Betrayed Youths By Assembling Analogue Ministers – LP / Like PDP, We Won’t Hang Buhari’s Portrait – LP, PPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by lolaxavier(m): 5:24am On Jun 18, 2015
The Labour Party has expressed disappointment over the comment credited to President Muhammadu Buhari, that there is a limit to what he can do at the age of 72, describing it as “embarrassing to the country.”

This, the party noted, was particularly disheartening because the President made the declaration outside the country.

The party challenged the All Progressives Congress to come out clean with the true position on the President’s state of health.

The National Chairman of LP, Alhaji Abdukadir Abdulsalam, told journalists on Wednesday evening in Abuja that Buhari’s comment was a disappointment.

He said, “This is an expression of failure on his part because when he was campaigning, he gave us the impression that he was hale, healthy and not fragile, and had the capacity, ability and agility to carry out the functions of state as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“This is disappointing to us and Nigerians that before we started and get the whistle blown, Buhari has started to throw in the towel. I think both President Buhari and the APC should tell us the true situation. Is the age of Buhari or both the age and health that have become the problem?

“Two months ago, he was telling us he had the capacity to do it, now he is telling us he wish he was younger and that his age will impact on his performance and would not be able to do this job to the satisfaction of Nigerians. This also means Nigerians have been deceived with the concept of change; the statement means we should not be expecting the change they promised as change goes with dynamism, ability to perform, with political willingness and commitment. But if he is complaining now less than a month, where do we go from here?”

When asked if it was not enough that Buhari’s appointees would also play key roles in bringing about the change promised by the APC, Abdulsalam said former President Goodluck Jonathan took responsibility, adding that “no one blames his ministers and other appointees, since the buck stops and ends on his table as the leader.”

“President Barack Obama takes charge and responsibility for whatever happens to America; the same thing for David Cameron in Britain. All presidents take responsibility for whatever happens. President Buhari and the APC should tell us now before it is too late on what is happening to our President, Baba Buhari,” the LP chairman stressed.

http://www.punchng.com/news/presidents-old-age-comment-embarrassing-says-lp/

4 Likes

Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by Nobody: 5:26am On Jun 18, 2015
LP don dey drag opposition with PDP?
Hian undecided

Truly, baba fall hand shaa and he don dey para alongside his media team but this was a war Reuben and Doyin waged for years.

Well, APC called the shots so they have to deal with it.

As for me, I'm waiting for boko haram to die, electricity and food to dey nyafu nyafu but I'm more interested in the N5k. undecided

6 Likes

Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by Nobody: 5:28am On Jun 18, 2015
IdiAmin1:
LP don dey drag opposition with PDP?
Hian undecided

Always read to understand, not to comment.

1 Like

Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by fitzmayowa: 5:31am On Jun 18, 2015
gbl01:

My guy see how you wan take destroy the guy destiny...cheesy cheesy
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by Disclaimer: 5:33am On Jun 18, 2015
Common Old wine.

2 Likes

Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by eleojo23: 5:35am On Jun 18, 2015
Truly at his age there is a limit to what he can see. He did not clearly see what he was getting into as president.
From his demeanour since inauguration, credence is being laid to the fact that he did not fully understand the nature of the task that was before him.

But unfortunately, it is too late to give any excuse. The die is already cast. He has to carry out his duty as president to full capacity.
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by oluwafemi113(m): 5:38am On Jun 18, 2015
All we be well

And Pls enough of this old age story
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by fashoo2010(m): 5:40am On Jun 18, 2015
Hmmm....bt Nigerians knew dat d man was old b4 majority voted for him, Nigerians was just tired of GEJ govt then and wanted anyone else aside GEJ, we will just have to live with it because till next 4years b4 another election will take place.

1 Like

Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by lolaxavier(m): 5:42am On Jun 18, 2015
gbl01:

Please explain to me, are you trying to say the guy's brain is made of eba?

1 Like

Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by fitzmayowa: 5:43am On Jun 18, 2015
Disclaimer:
Common Old wine.

PMB tasty old wine....Femi Adesina
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by lionduke(m): 5:49am On Jun 18, 2015
A tasty old daura wine and a mere commissioner in the saddle of my country Nigeria. Mbaka Why!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by chymystique(f): 5:50am On Jun 18, 2015
Nigerians should get ready for a bumpy ride in the next four years with 'Baba One Chance as the "Driver" and sanctimonous'APC as the "Navigator".

Kikikikikiki cheesyundecided

4 Likes

Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by adioolayi(m): 5:50am On Jun 18, 2015
Femi Adeshina needs to brace up....the journey is long...the road will be though and rough...especially on social media.

1 Like

Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by lolaxavier(m): 5:55am On Jun 18, 2015
lionduke:
A tasty old daura wine and a mere commissioner in the saddle of my country Nigeria. Mbaka Why!!!!

All dis haters...u go just give ursef high bp, fall down and d..
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by Brightology2(m): 5:55am On Jun 18, 2015
Eh I jst dey pity dis baba.mk he nor kme die quick.
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by olasmith10(m): 6:07am On Jun 18, 2015
This mata hs bn drawn too far!!!
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by LieDetector(m): 6:11am On Jun 18, 2015
G
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by lolaxavier(m): 6:12am On Jun 18, 2015
chymystique:
Nigerians should get ready for a bumpy ride in the next four years with 'Baba One Chance as the "Driver" and sanctimonous'APC as the "Navigator".

Kikikikikiki cheesyundecided

What is dis one saying
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by Bifwoli: 6:16am On Jun 18, 2015
Old wine bearing trickster labels sold to Nigerians by a bait and switch salesman going by the name GMB.

Better go back to goat herding you trickster nomad.

1 Like

Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by lionduke(m): 6:17am On Jun 18, 2015
lolaxavier:

lol death is inevitable, it all depends on circumstances that surround your death. I sure know that I can never drink ota pia-pia like the man from okene.
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 18, 2015
D Buhari na big old cow
Buh wen he dhe campaign like 40 years old, he don enter he kan remember his real age
I see no "change"
All I see is deception and lies everywhere

1 Like

Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by fitzmayowa: 6:28am On Jun 18, 2015
There are something you don't come out to say, when he was busy campaigning up and down he never knew his age would restrict him

Or was he not aware of the challenge ahead When fayose lambasted him about his age nigerians came to his defense, is fayose not been vindicated now

I just hope we are not in for 4years of excuses...SMH
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 18, 2015
the man matter don tire person ooo
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by psucc(m): 6:39am On Jun 18, 2015
That was an expression of incapacitation by our President.

My advise is that he will induct his deputy into his doctrine properly so the later will close the gap for him much the same way Idiagbon did which he took the glory.

OR else he do the needful - resign honorably.
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by lolaxavier(m): 6:39am On Jun 18, 2015
lionduke:

lol death is inevitable, it all depends on circumstances that surround your death. I sure know that I can never drink ota pia-pia like the man from okene.

Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by lionduke(m): 6:45am On Jun 18, 2015
lolaxavier:

Mugu!!!!
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by Jman06(m): 6:53am On Jun 18, 2015
The old f00l should better resign now before the country collapses totally.

#BringBackOurGEJ
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by mejai(m): 7:08am On Jun 18, 2015
Na wa o. but he said to a journalist during his campaign dat he would run faster Dan him if dey go to d track..... so what is happening?
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 18, 2015
PMB:=Tasty old Wine

No wonder when FFK challenged him to a Racing competition .... The old man Ran away
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by sosanova: 7:27am On Jun 18, 2015
lolaxavier:

Indomie brain
Re: President's Old Age Comment Embarrassing, Says LP by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:37am On Jun 18, 2015
Embarrassing or not, that's non of my business, what I want is for this old smelling wine of duara dullard to start working by fulfilling his promises like making 1naira equlal 1dollar and by stabilizing world oil price.

For now, these are some of the dullard names.
Old win.
Duara dullard.
Babaonechance.
West germany.
President of germany.

Too many and is even less than a month o, in 4 years time, someone will publish a book title:duara dullard names.

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Photos From Yesterday's Physical Combat In The House Of Reps / Probe Teaching Hospitals; Resident Doctors Tell Buhari / Join Ban Kim Moon Say NO To Nigeria Scam/419 Against Country Of Western Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.