Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:27 AM

Nissan Primera Doesn't Start Easily - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Primera Doesn't Start Easily (1509 Views)

My 1999 Nissan Primera Don't Start Easily In The Morning / How To Fix A Car That Doesn't Start (Photos) / My Toyota Corolla Sport Doesn't Start Easily After Fuelling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Primera Doesn't Start Easily by wolegzy: 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
I use a Nissan Primera 2000 Model. Recently I noticed the car does not start immediately untill after 3 to 5 mins. Even if it starts it goes again untill I give it little time before it starts normally and moves smoothly, no jerking, accelerates smoothly and normally, doesn't smoke,consumes fuel normally etc.

Please what could be the problem...
Re: Nissan Primera Doesn't Start Easily by mayor2013: 7:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
Run a diagnosis on your powertrain

1 Like

Re: Nissan Primera Doesn't Start Easily by FullDepth1: 6:07am On Jun 19, 2015
First thing is to check the Voltage output of your battery..

Then you can do the rest.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Primera Doesn't Start Easily by DECOtech(m): 12:12pm On Jun 20, 2015
wolegzy:
I use a Nissan Primera 2000 Model. Recently I noticed the car does not start immediately untill after 3 to 5 mins. Even if it starts it goes again untill I give it little time before it starts normally and moves smoothly, no jerking, accelerates smo othly and normally, doesn't smoke,consumes fuel normally etc.

Please what could be the problem...

This is always a tricky issue and the usual reason is low fuel pressure.

Look out for faulty fuel pressure regulator or a weak fuel pump.

I say its tricky cos a kazheem cld make you buy thirty new fuel pumps and still not solve the problem and a car scanner won't even help you here.

Make sure your mechanic has a fuel pressure tester to work with else he might beat about the bush till thy kingdom comes n make u spend more money than necessary.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Nissan Primera Doesn't Start Easily by austin4real(m): 1:28pm On Jun 20, 2015
DECOtech:

I say its tricky cos a kazheem cld make you buy thirty new fuel pumps and still not solve the problem and a car scanner won't even help you here.
Make sure your mechanic has a fuel pressure tester to work with else he might beat about the bush till thy kingdom comes n make u spend more money than necessary.
Cheers
I'm guessing likely problem Shld be the fuel pump pressure, but what do you mean by thirsty fuel pump, I tot all fuel pumps disperse the same pressure?

1 Like

Re: Nissan Primera Doesn't Start Easily by wolegzy: 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
DECOtech:

Cheers

Thanks Chief.
You are absolutely correct as the diagnosis was a Weak Fuel pump. The guy actually used the fuel pressure tester and believe me I knew immediately that the fuel pump was the culprit.
The vehicle is now back to its one-time start mode.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Nissan Primera Doesn't Start Easily by DECOtech(m): 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
austin4real:

I'm guessing likely problem Shld be the fuel pump pressure, but what do you mean by thirsty fuel pump, I tot all fuel pumps disperse the same pressure?

I said "thirty" as in 30 different fuel pumps.
Re: Nissan Primera Doesn't Start Easily by DECOtech(m): 4:28pm On Jun 20, 2015
wolegzy:

Thanks Chief.
You are absolutely correct as the diagnosis was a Weak Fuel pump. The guy actually used the fuel pressure tester and believe me I knew immediately that the fuel pump was the culprit.
The vehicle is now back to its one-time start mode.

Regards

Enjoy your ride, bro.
Re: Nissan Primera Doesn't Start Easily by austin4real(m): 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
DECOtech:

I said "thirty" as in 30 different fuel pumps.
Sorry, I misquoted you bruv
Re: Nissan Primera Doesn't Start Easily by DECOtech(m): 11:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
austin4real:
Sorry, I misquoted you bruv
Its alright, bro.

(1) (Reply)

Are European Cars Truly Expensive To Maintain? / Fifty Six (56) Of The Worst Car Ever / Camry 2.2 For Sale 700k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.