Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,177 members, 7,907,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 04:40 AM

Should I Take This Job ? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take This Job ? (17856 Views)

I Take God Name Beg Una Who Sabi This People? / Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? / Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
Take it and become jobless in 6 months
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Rastamann: 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
A b--b at hand is worth two in a bra!

No take the contract jobs o because na the finance account head go decide you fate at the end of the six month contract. So even if you work your as- out and he dosen't like you, no contract renewal! Stay put where you dey o, God go bring a better one.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by luvola(m): 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
I have only worked in the audit firm for 6months.
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by sonnie10: 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2015
Those people are only trying to use you for their seasonal vacancy. They are not being truthful, it would never turn to a permanent job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by yemcoguy(m): 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2015
@op take the new job, there is every tendency that u might be retained plus its an eye opener to a more challenging environment. Believe in yourself and go for it
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Sweetyie(f): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
@Op until u leave ur comfort zone u will not be able to accomplish greater things in life. Life is all abt risk taking

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by luvola(m): 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
Thanks all ! This ia really a systematic risk#
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by luvola(m): 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
My fear : Accept the new job and what if contract isn't renewed ? Back to Labour market ?

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by seun005: 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
No mata d num of advice given to u, u av d final say.......(greatness doesn't nt count on how strong u are, bt hw u can utilize the strength.)

So it one thing to be strong,its another to utilize the strength.............my advice for u is to face a new challenge. Who say after d 6month or even b4 anoda beta offer wouldn't come. Don't limit ur self bcs of d fear of d unknown.

Its beta to try than nt to try at all...........chikena.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by exceledet: 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
artisticallyart:
Congratulations! On your new job Luvola despite the fact I wasn't informed to share in the celebration. Audit firm opens your eye to the real accounting job plus it makes you sit well in any job. I would suggest you spend a considerable amount of years(at least 2-3yrs) before moving to another job.
The other Job is based on performance and you have to be on top at almost every time in order to be retained. No excuse for not getting result, you can't be lax and you have to be clinical in all assignment.
My take, Audit job is what took me to where I am today despite the fact that I did not spend a year in the audit firm.
Finally, ask experienced hands when it comes to things like this.... You either choose career or money.
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by manie(m): 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
yemcoguy:
@op take the new job, there is every tendency that u might be retained plus its an eye opener to a more challenging environment. Believe in yourself and go for it

That is how my friend left a job of 200k per month at First Bank, for another job of 730k per month at Intercontinental Bank in 2007.

Even-though I advised him not to take the Intercontinental Bank job, because I doubted the ability of the bank to sustain that salary, based on

their balance sheet and some other ratios that investors lookout for in a company's financial statement.

Unfortunately my friend did not listen to me, he only earned the salary from Intercontinental for 6 months before he was suspended based on

his inability to meet targets. After he was suspended for 3 months he was finally eased out of the company. The guy was jobless for 5 years,

but now drives a cab that ply Ikeja to Airport.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by idu1(m): 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
Stay in your current job that has security.....
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
jerryunit48:
read my signature

Wonderful signature.
Me likey
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Nigeriatraining: 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
NTN Associates is an organization positioned to play a pace setting role in the global integrated information management in professional educational service delivery be it online and physical.

Our subsidiaries are www.nigeriatrainingnetwork.com I www.nigeriatrainingcourses.com I www.nigeriatraininghub.com

Job Title: Industrial Management Trainee

Requirements
1. OND holders only. BSc. holders need not apply.
2. Forward thinking individuals with a passion for learning outside the box, picking up new knowledge every day.
3. 0 – 1year experience
4. Individuals with a strong spirit of Excellence, innovation and entrepreneurship.
5. Individuals with basic knowledge of computer appreciation
6. Hardworking and industrious individual with a practical vision of success
7. English, Mass-Communication, Business Studies, Psychology OND holders would be an added advantage.

This is a short term internship (3 months – 1 year contract) position and this could be upgraded to a permanent employee based on performance.

Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint, Internet and email

Method of Application
A letter of Application for the relevant position stating how the position is relevant to your career goal.

A copy of your Curriculum Vitae highlighting Skills and Past Experience if any.

A copy of your Industrial Attachment letter or letter of identification from your department.

To support@nigeriatrainingcourses.com or nigeriatrainingcourses2@gmail.com, only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by crackhouse(m): 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
pls stop using this ur x and y terms. just tell us how much u earn so we can advice u properly.
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
Do u like d current pay? If not move my guy!
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by surpass360: 6:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
Taking up d job might be disastrust cos no assurance dat u will get d job just go on with d job u hv and increase ur income by investing in oda tynz
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by anitank(f): 6:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
Any contract job in Nigeria promising to retain you after X amount of time is a scam. They're only using the "based on performance" line as a strategy to make you work hard for that six months. After that it's Bye

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by sixtus3606(m): 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
luvola:
Currently in an audit firm (A permanent job ) earning X amount of salary and it on the mainland. New opportunity materialized for accounting officer role ( To initiate payment processes to the end ) in VI and the pay is 53% morethan the former but it a six months contract job base on performance . I.e You may be retain base perform by finance account head and if you do not perform ,contract end.

Should he continue with the present job or take the new one.. N.B He is a bsc accounting graduate

This is the right time to challenge your self! The time to unleash those potentials you have accumulated over the years. The time exhibit your professional skills and the time to convince the world that you've got what it akes to make an evolution! GoodLuck!

Finally...put God first! Na #GodWin
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by ednut1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
olojukokoro. mr luvola my guy
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 19, 2015
damola1:
What do you want in life?

This questions answers it all.
I hate hearing or reading stuff like this... No offence though.
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by crestasrs: 6:49pm On Jun 19, 2015
making a choice in 2 hard decisions is mot an easy thing.
but u must be able tomake a list of what u want despite all that everybody says.
jus answer the following questions as u decide.

which of the jobs will bring out the best in u?
which are u more comfortable with,such that u come home feeling satisfied.
which will give u room for development and improvements?
which will give you more opportunities to network and increase your chances of progression?
where you are currently are u there just to make ends meet or its your dream job?
hope you are not moving just to please someone?
whats the stress in both in terms of transport?

money will come in either direction ,maybe slower in one and faster in the the other,
but it will definately come.

am sure this will help,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 19, 2015
manie:

That is how my friend left a job of 200k per month at First Bank, for another job of 730k per month at Intercontinental Bank in 2007.

Even-though I advised him not to take the Intercontinental Bank job, because I doubted the ability of the bank to sustain that salary, based on

their balance balance sheet and some other ratios that investors lookout for in a company's financial statement.

Unfortunately my friend did not listen to me, he until earned the salary from Intercontinental for 6 months before he was suspended based on

his inability to meet targets. After he was suspended for 3 months he was finally eased out of the company. The guy was jobless for 5 years,

but now drives a cab that ply Ikeja to Airport.

Chaiii, bad market cry
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Iamoilprince(m): 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
@op, it dependa on u and ur present place of work. is it a friendly enviroment ? re u in good terms with ur superiors ? if yes whats the possibility that the new place will be like dat.

also if ur present place of work is a one man business den u can be sacked anytym.

i sincerely tink ur present place could b better
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Kossyne(m): 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2015
Sometimes immediate gratification or gain distracts us from what lies ahead which is always greater..This contract job is just for 6 months...then what?

The "brave hearts" amongst us will advise u to take the risk after all without risks much cannot be accomplished...Ever heard of calculated risks?

Again, why in a rush to quit ur current job?...u re just 6 months into the job..why not relax and gather relevant experience..opportunities will still come. That's my 2 kobo sha.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by being(m): 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
LOL at systemic risk. I find this to be a simple decision. Being in an audit firm means u will always have opportunities to move into industry cos u r more exposed than dose in d industry. So i advice u stay for some 2-3 years and get.some 100+% increase in salary. Do not also forget dt.ur career is faster in an audit firm than in d industry!

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
Leaving a permanent job to take up an insecure one could be liken to emptying the water in the drums on hearing the cloud thunders but eventually refuses to rain undecided
@ luvola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:16pm On Jun 19, 2015
The most simplest , complex nd difficult thing in life is decision making
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by panshak04(m): 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
life is all about risk. the higher d risk, the higher the returns. if the return is high then take the risk and put in your best. but if there are signs of improvement where u re den b wise.
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by rchilee: 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
Apply for your annual leave at your current workplace, accept the offer and resume. If you enjoy the working condition stick to it. Otherwise resign and leave

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Geesammy(m): 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
@OP can you jst help me out with a job in your audit firm am a graduate of Finance with a second class upper division with a year plus audit experience and wish to gather more for the great days ahead.
Anyone else who could help can contact me via
Call, text or whatsapp : +2348064563077.
Email : Ijongbolagbenga@gmail.com

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Immigration Recruits 500 Despite Embargo / Which Should I Choose? / Nigerian Railway Cooperation Looting Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.