Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,623 members, 7,908,604 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 09:31 AM

Piloting: Aspirants & Professionals - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Piloting: Aspirants & Professionals (708 Views)

Veterinary Medical Aspirants And Practitioners Home & Abroad: Let's Meet Here / Nigeria Navy (2016) 25AK Aspirants / Computer Engineers And Other Related Fields: Professionals And Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Piloting: Aspirants & Professionals by uyplus(m): 9:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
Please I'm seeking for advice on pursuing a piloting career. I am 29yrs old, and i hold a degree in pharmacy. I have had an age long ambition to become a pilot but I everyone I share this dream with often seem to discourage me about the job prospects and all the politics involved in landing a commercial pilot job after. I am financially fit to sponsor myself for piloting school but I'm worried that after spending over $50k for training, I might not land a job quickly due to low flying hours.

Notwithstanding, I met a pilot who is typed rated on a320 and he flies for first nation and he told me he knew nobody when he got his job and he has heard about pilots who returned from training schools abroad but are areall unable to find a piloting job yet.

Please i need your advices Wether to pursue my dream and live fulfilled or remain in my business and pursue an MBA after putting in 5+ years on my current job.
Re: Piloting: Aspirants & Professionals by anotherfemi(m): 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
I would say to pursue your dreams....even if it doesn't work out in the end at least you'll still have something to fall back on. i think that's better than not doing it and in the end wishing you had.

alternatively you could sponsor me to be come a pilot as that is also my dream but i am not financially fit to sponsor myself. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Cadd, Piping, Petrel & Process Piping Training In Lagos & Its Environs / Can People Give What They Don't Have? Yes, They Can! / Great Change Record Label (music) - CEO Amama To Sign More Talented Artists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.