Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,095 members, 7,880,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:57 PM

Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' (1165 Views)

EFCC Refers To ICPC As "Introvert" When It Comes To Fighting Corruption - Reacti / Magu Refers To Duro Faseyi As ‘Fayose’ / CNN Refers To Nigeria As A North African Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has urged those who perpetrate violence and destruction in the name of Islam all over the world to desist from tarnishing the name of the religion.

In his message to Muslims Thursday as they started the 2015 Ramadan fast, the president called on Nigerians to pray for peace, love and prosperity throughout the country.

In a congratulatory message released on his behalf by the Senior Special Assistant (Media and Publicity), Garba Shehu, President Buhari implored Muslims to seek maximum benefits from the Ramadan period “by being helpful to all manner of people, learning and following the true message of the religion as taught by the Holy Prophet”.

The president in his message directed an appeal to the perpetrators of violence and destruction in the name of Islam all over the world to desist from tarnishing the name of the religion.

“As we make collective efforts to bring to a permanent end the menace of the Boko Haram in the Lake Chad basin countries, let me use this auspicious occasion to appeal to our misguided brothers to drop their arms, embrace peace and seek a better understanding of Islam during this Holy period and beyond,” Mr. Buhari said.

The president prayed to God to bring peace and harmony to all parts of the country and the world at large.

“I wish all our citizens a blessed Ramadan. Ramadan Kareem Mubarak,” the statement concluded.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/185277-ramadan-buhari-begs-boko-haram-to-embrace-peace.html
Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2015
Cc:Lalasticlala
Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by amnesty7: 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
MISGUIDED brothers. Use the adjective pls.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
Misguided Muslim brothers. He is correct

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by lordizak(m): 9:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
be a hater at ur own peril. he didn't need ur vote to be what he's now. #teamPMB.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
amnesty7:
MISGUIDED brothers. Use the adjective pls.

Was it not the same thing Jonathan was crucified for when he said they are our children and siblings?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by Obiodunukwe: 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
Sunnybobo3 can you stop sensationalising a non-story.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
Akdegreat:
Misguided Muslim brothers. He is correct

I thought they claimed BH are criminals ans not Muslims, what changed?
Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
I dey here incase
Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by babyfaceafrica: 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
This can never make front page
Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

I thought they claimed BH are criminals ans not Muslims, what changed?

Yes. Criminals have religious inclination. Criminals have family too

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
Akdegreat:

Yes. Criminals have religious inclination. Criminals have family too

Boko Haram members are not Muslims-Buhari - http://hallmarknews.com/boko-haram-members-are-not-muslims-buhari/
Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by olasmith10(m): 10:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
Initially I was curious buh when i saw misguided, I gained my consciousness.. Mr op, is " misguided" now a Japanese word dat u can't decipher its meaning?
Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by CastroTbb(m): 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
THIS LAND IS NOT FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!

CAVEAT EMPTOR! !!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
olasmith10:
Initially I was curious buh when i saw misguided, I gained my consciousness.. Mr op, is " misguided" now a Japanese word dat u can't decipher its meaning?

The keyword is 'brother', whether misguided or not.
Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by olasmith10(m): 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

The keyword is 'brother', whether misguided or not.
how can d keyword be brother!!! u go school at all?
Ok wat is d keyword in dis sentence below;
My younger brother is a FOOL?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
olasmith10:

how can d keyword be brother!!! u go school at all?

Ok wat is d keyword in dis sentence below;

My younger brother is a FOOL?

That he's a FOOL can be changed but being your brother cannot be undone.
Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by olasmith10(m): 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

That he's a FOOL can be changed but being your brother cannot be undone.

10,000 gods cannot change d ideology of a fool!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by landinfo: 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2015
BokoHaram = Islamic Northern Agenda
No difference any way U loook @ it.......
Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Was it not the same thing Jonathan was crucified for when he said they are our children and siblings?

No no, not the same; both in context and meaning: Here PMB is appealing to them to drop their arms, to which he referred to them as misguided brothers; while the Jesus of Otuoke was defending his soft action against them, for which he tried to justify it by referring to them not only as his SIBLINGS but also his FAMILY - big big difference, unless you lack both logic and comprehension - try again next time TANiod.

Here, judge for yourself:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refers To Boko Haram As 'our Brothers' by cjrane: 12:28am On Jun 20, 2015
of course they are his brothers grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

To All The Igbos Who Want Biafra... / Tribute To Tinubu- The Nation / PDP Crisis: Party Workers Open Fresh Can Of Worms-punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.