Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,022 members, 7,973,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 05:43 PM

"PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” (1076 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Meets With PDP Senators - Photos / PDP Senators Withdraw Support For Buhari’s Govt / AGF Declares Senate Election Null And Void, Saraki, Ekweremadu In Fresh Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by PhockPhockMan: 4:29am On Jun 20, 2015

By Joseph Erunke
AS the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) struggles to come to terms with the emergence of Senators Bukola Saraki and Ike Ekweremadu as Senate President and Deputy Senate President respectively, against its will, an opposition Peoples Democratic Party senator, Clifford Odia, has boasted that PDP and its members in the upper chamber will protect the leadership of Senate to the end of the ongoing dispensation.
To this end, Odia, who is representing Edo Central Senatorial District in the Red Chamber has warned the leadership of the APC, to steer clear of the affairs of the National Assembly, saying attempt by the party to dabble into the matters of the legislature would be strongly resisted by his party and its members.
He also boasted that no amount of conspiracy by leaders of the party to remove the Senate President, Bukola Saraki and his deputy, Ike Ekweremadu, will scale through the 8th Senate.
Speaking to journalists in Abuja,he insisted that the present leadership in the National Assembly has come to stay, saying the leaders of APC must realize that the National Assembly was an institution with representatives of different political parties.
The senator was reacting to recent statement credited to former Kano State governor and senator representing Kano Central, Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso and other aggrieved interest groups that the emergence of the two leaders was faulty.
The legislator, who noted that the emergence of the two principal leaders in the Senate was divine, reminded politicians that the era of imposition was over just as he warned those working for their ouster to either accept their emergence or maintain their peace.
Speaking specifically in defence of Ekweremadu, who has come under severe attacks from APC leaders, the chartered civil engineer, who recently ventured into politics, said PDP senators will not fold their hands and allow APC losers remove him.
“We will defend the mandate of Ekweremadu with every drop of energy we have,” he said.
Senator Ordia added: “I do not know why they are bickering and complaining. Senators Bukola Saraki and Ike Ekweremadu got a pan-Nigerian mandate. APC and PDP senators voted for them. Their emergence is divine and we must accept it like that.
“These two senators are cerebral politicians and they understand the workings of the National Assembly. I have no doubt about their ability to deliver and stabilise the Senate. Their emergence is not about APC or PDP. It is about a shift from the past.
“What Senators Saraki and Ekweremadu need right now is the support of every Nigerian in order to succeed. It is a waste of time, calling for their removal. That will never happen. Instead of wasting precious time, why can’t aggrieved senators just drop their pride and accept their emergence?’’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/pdp-senators-will-defend-saraki-ekweremadu/
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:32am On Jun 20, 2015
they need to..

Meanwhile I need to call roll call for only one old man.
Dogo Yaro
Old wine
President michelle of germany
West germany
The Duara Dullard
Babaonechance
Mr 419
Mr I have 150 cow (for how many years? Scammer!)
Mr I borrow money to buy presidential form(hope u don pay
back? Liar)
Mr I will make 1naira to 1dollar (thunder wen go fire u if u fair to do this one eh, still dey do training for mayweather hand).
Mr I will stabilise world oil price (miracle man u wan collect opec work join your president work?).

lastly, cramejones is the highest hypocrite ever in the whole world, please don't just ask me why I said so, I just hate the character, he is so so gullible and too bias as a human.
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:34am On Jun 20, 2015
Ok
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by PhockPhockMan: 4:38am On Jun 20, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
they need to
Yeah.

Cc Seun, lalasticlala.
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by loomer: 4:44am On Jun 20, 2015
Time wey dem go take work nai dem take de argue abt senate presidency.

The country get so many pressing matters o.

Useless people. APC/PDP.
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by nationwide1(m): 5:20am On Jun 20, 2015
APC should see how difficult it is to do Goodluck Jonathan, concede defeat.

They argue that GEJ had no choice. Do they have any choice in Saraki and Ekweremadu's cases?

They argue that not every senator voted as if the numbers of senators present at the International conference center would have made any difference.

APC's giving cerebral Nigerians more reasons to hail GEJ's heroic feat.
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by fashoo2010(m): 5:30am On Jun 20, 2015
We knw dat already
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by luvmijeje(f): 5:35am On Jun 20, 2015
It'll be like film trick. Impeachment is only one way.
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by Nobody: 5:36am On Jun 20, 2015
The Tinubu's camp are better off in opposition and media lording than being in the ruling party .......
Imagine they are still playing Opposition even inside the ruling party.

Democracy has produced Ekweremadu , a Democrat and Progressive should accept their emergence and move on.
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 20, 2015
No b only defence,na strike
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by Nobody: 5:50am On Jun 20, 2015
Lushcream:
The Tinubu's camp are better off in opposition and media lording than being in the ruling party .......
Imagine they are still playing Opposition even inside the ruling party.

Democracy has produced Ekweremadu , a Democrat and Progressive should accept their emergence and move on.
Good point here. May God keep the Senate leadership. Please check my signature too. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by kromoto: 6:01am On Jun 20, 2015
The PDP must do this to protect their garri that Ekwerenmadu represents but this singular Maradonaic step of Bukola and Ekwerenmadu has altered the chances of South east/South for SGF.

APC should just move on with its inexperience as a ruling party, we are awaiting a lot of goodies.

The cracks and tension it is experiencing is the least and most insignificant thing we want to hear right now.
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by beejayodus(m): 6:03am On Jun 20, 2015
APC should face up to the reality of what has happened.It doesn't serve the party's interest trying to circumvent a constitutional process.
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by okpamson15(m): 6:06am On Jun 20, 2015
Who say pdp sense is gone, these people stil have plan to distroy this administration. Bt God pass them, good thing is yet to come.
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by free2ryhme: 6:11am On Jun 20, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/pdp-senators-will-defend-saraki-ekweremadu/

Vulture....vulture....vulture

Udene.....udene.....udene

Long-Throat.....long-Throat...Long-Throat

Ogonogo Akpiri.....ogonogo Akpiri....ogonogo Akpiri

...only a vulture will "Gate-Crash" your house uninvited,
due to "Long-Throat"

Long throat has led this Ekweremadu to "GateCrash" APC Govt.

Ogonogo Akpiri Ka nwoke Mpu giri choo Igbu onweya.

#KickVultureEkweremaduOutNow

#UdeneEkweremaduMustResign

#LongThroatEkweremaduMustBeKickedOut

#OgonogoAkpiriEkweremaduMustResign
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by dejavski(m): 6:17am On Jun 20, 2015
nationwide1:
APC should see how difficult it is to do Goodluck Jonathan, concede defeat.

They argue that GEJ had no choice. Do they have any choice in Saraki and Ekweremadu's cases?

They argue that not every senator voted as if the numbers of senators present at the International conference center would have made any difference.

APC's giving cerebral Nigerians more reasons to hail GEJ's heroic feat.

Don't mind the hypocrites Saraki had the backing off 57 senators as compared to their 51...they are still crying us a river
If they decide to re-run the election saraki would still win

1 Like

Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by nationwide1(m): 6:20am On Jun 20, 2015
dejavski:

Don't mind the hypocrites Saraki had the backing off 57 senators as compared to their 51...they are still crying us a river
If they decide to re-run the election saraki would still win
Fact.
Even if the election venue is moved to Aso Rock / Defence House, Saraki will floor any opponent.
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by funlord(m): 6:25am On Jun 20, 2015
grin
This party of comedians no go kill person! PDP that could not defend their president, their mandate, or their achievements while in power! I would advise ekweremadu to hire some "broiler chickens" to defend him sef, they would offer him more protection than these old and foolish expired politicians! "Ministers of defence" my foot!
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by dejavski(m): 6:34am On Jun 20, 2015
nationwide1:

Fact.
Even if the election venue is moved to Aso Rock / Defence House, Saraki will floor any opponent.

Perhaps they are trying to tell us that 51 > 57
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by marked10(m): 6:40am On Jun 20, 2015
kkkkkk
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by PhockPhockMan: 12:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
free2ryhme:

Vulture....vulture....vulture

Udene.....udene.....udene

Long-Throat.....long-Throat...Long-Throat

Ogonogo Akpiri.....ogonogo Akpiri....ogonogo Akpiri

...only a vulture will "Gate-Crash" your house uninvited,
due to "Long-Throat"

Long throat has led this Ekweremadu to "GateCrash" APC Govt.

Ogonogo Akpiri Ka nwoke Mpu giri choo Igbu onweya.

#KickVultureEkweremaduOutNow

#UdeneEkweremaduMustResign

#LongThroatEkweremaduMustBeKickedOut

#OgonogoAkpiriEkweremaduMustResign
Pointless.
Re: "PDP Senators Will Defend Saraki, Ekweremadu” by PhockPhockMan: 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2015
funlord:
grin
This party of comedians no go kill person! PDP that could not defend their president, their mandate, or their achievements while in power! I would advise ekweremadu to hire some "broiler chickens" to defend him sef, they would offer him more protection than these old and foolish expired politicians! "Ministers of defence" my foot!
One thing you should know is that APC can not muster the strength to impeach any of the two officers. They need over 70 senators to do that.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Chieftain Condoles With Goodluck Jonathan Over Son’s Death / Samuel Eto'o Tackles Boko Haram With A Great Initiative / Flooding In Portharcourt. Amaechi's Uncelebrated Legacies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.