Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,562 members, 7,944,689 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 10:05 PM

Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I (1724 Views)

El-rufa'i, Buratai Lay Foundation Stone For Army Base In Southern Kaduna / See The Crowd That Came Out To Recieve El-rufa'i Today In Rigasa / PHOTOS: El-rufa'i Celebrating After The First Goal Of Nigeria VS Chad In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by multikolour(m): 7:46am On Jun 20, 2015
the governor of Kaduna mallam nasir el-rufai says his government can not keep sharing food to Muslims cos government is not supposed to be involved in religion
Governor El-rufai however cancelled the
annual Ramadan “welfare” package distributed
to Muslims in the state.
According to him, if his government continues
in that direction, it will not be able to pay
salaries, hence, he will not continue sharing
state resources.
Past administrations distributed rice, millet,
vegetable oil, milk, sugar and other
commodities to Muslims; and also hosted
religious groups to Ramadan breakfast.
“This beautiful office complex we are cost the
government about N10billion. Me and my
partner, the Deputy Governor would not have
built this when there are many masses oriented
projects yet to be executed, but it has been
built, we have to use.
“I have also been made to understand that, this
Ramadan period, we are supposed to have
started sharing rice, milk and sugar, but we will
not do that. One, the government is not
supposed to be involved in religious activities.
Two, the government is broke.

www.naij.com/466479-economic-crisis-el-rufai-urge-nigerians-to-seek-god.html
lalasical do the needfull FP

2 Likes

Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by Tallesty1(m): 7:49am On Jun 20, 2015
And religion too should leave government alone.

It's alright
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by multikolour(m): 7:52am On Jun 20, 2015
government at all level should emulate el-rufai on this.

2 Likes

Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 20, 2015
This man knows his onions and should be applauded for this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by orobs93(m): 7:55am On Jun 20, 2015
I don't care
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by DankemzI(m): 7:55am On Jun 20, 2015
Yes it's high time we separate Religion from Government.
But why are people up north this Lazy Huh?
Always depending on Governments Smh
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by StOla: 7:55am On Jun 20, 2015
Very correct!

The government has no business catering for religion.

The next is pilgrimage to wherever. Government funding must stop ASAP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by Dbboy(m): 7:57am On Jun 20, 2015
This is the first best thing this imp has said.
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by tayoxx(m): 7:58am On Jun 20, 2015
I Don officially like this man....religión and government must be separated
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by yimikaa: 7:58am On Jun 20, 2015
E don happen. No ramadan goodies from the govt fa cheesy.
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by POPdecorator: 7:59am On Jun 20, 2015
Try as u can try for them
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by multikolour(m): 7:59am On Jun 20, 2015
he is indeed a nonsense man
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by olasmith10(m): 8:00am On Jun 20, 2015
Der is something unique and fascinating abt el-rufai; He simply has a mind of his own!!!

2 Likes

Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by Volksfuhrer(m): 8:21am On Jun 20, 2015
Good politics? I know some southerners would applaud your West-Minster posturing. But you've just broken one law of power. Never change too much too soon. And sooner or later you may realize the need to spend twice as much as you are saving from this to keep you in power!

Religion is big deal in the North, and tinkering with it is no less important. I just hope you know what you are doing.
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by modath(f): 8:24am On Jun 20, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
This man knows his onions and should be applauded for this.

I'm also applauding you for seeing something noble about an APC led administration..

Hi five. cheesy
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by Day169: 8:26am On Jun 20, 2015
That's a serious government there!
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by geesampower(m): 8:31am On Jun 20, 2015
multikolour:
the governor of Kaduna mallam nasir el-rufai says his government can not keep sharing food to Muslims cos government is not supposed to be involved in religion
Governor El-rufai however cancelled the
annual Ramadan “welfare” package distributed
to Muslims in the state.
According to him, if his government continues
in that direction, it will not be able to pay
salaries, hence, he will not continue sharing
state resources.
Past administrations distributed rice, millet,
vegetable oil, milk, sugar and other
commodities to Muslims; and also hosted
religious groups to Ramadan breakfast.
“This beautiful office complex we are cost the
government about N10billion. Me and my
partner, the Deputy Governor would not have
built this when there are many masses oriented
projects yet to be executed, but it has been
built, we have to use.
“I have also been made to understand that, this
Ramadan period, we are supposed to have
started sharing rice, milk and sugar, but we will
not do that. One, the government is not
supposed to be involved in religious activities.
Two, the government is broke.

www.naij.com/466479-economic-crisis-el-rufai-urge-nigerians-to-seek-god.html
lalasical do the needfull FP
I am beginning to LOVE this man.
Hope others are learning. Nigeria wasting money on religion as if that is one of the millennium development goals. Mtchew
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by multikolour(m): 8:38am On Jun 20, 2015
geesampower:

I am beginning to LOVE this man.
Hope others are learning. Nigeria wasting money on religion as if that is one of the millennium development goals. Mtchew
you are on point man.
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by multikolour(m): 8:42am On Jun 20, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
Good politics? I know some southerners would applaud your West-Minster posturing. But you've just broken one law of power. Never change too much too soon. And sooner or later you may realize the need to spend twice as much as you are saving from this to keep you in power!

Religion is big deal in the North, and tinkering with it is no less important. I just hope you know what you are doing.
things will defiantly change, not always business as usual for the north.
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by real86(m): 8:51am On Jun 20, 2015
multikolour:
he is indeed a nonsense man
Why would you call him a nonsense man when you know he is only trying to manage the state resources properly to avoid being like Aregbesola of Osun. I think you should take back that statement.
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by carinmom(f): 9:01am On Jun 20, 2015
Ride on my governor we are behind u on this. Our beautiful religion has forbidden this except if the governor would give out from his personal pocket. Same applies to pilgrimage, whether Islam or Christian. Its not part of govt responsibility. The previous governments wasted so much fund on muslim and christian pilgrimage sponsorship in the state.

2 Likes

Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by likata: 9:21am On Jun 20, 2015
for ones i think i like his decision on this issue
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by multikolour(m): 11:33am On Jun 20, 2015
real86:
Why would you call him a nonsense man when you know he is only trying to manage the state resources properly to avoid being like Aregbesola of Osun. I think you should take back that statement.
kk sir
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
In as much as it is legally and rationally right. Its is religiously not right.... I can conclude if its ethically okay! I will surely backfire on El-ruafia's second term bid.
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by MaziOmenuko: 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
I've always respected El Rufai 'no nonsense' stance.
However, the North are sentimental when it comes to religion. He should find a balance.

1 Like

Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by taharqa: 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
Even though I thoroughly dislike the person of elrufai for so many reasons, I must not fail to give commendations when it's due.

This is a very, very Good decision. In fact, a great one.

So kudos...
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by akoaki(m): 1:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
Between good religion and good governance, what nigerians desperately need now is the latter because the former has failed us continually. Only a few smart guys in collusion with the authorities have greedily and wickedly benefited from religion. Enough is enough.
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
Absolutely true, and more kudos to Elrufai.

Government has no business sponsoring people to wherever in the name of religion.

I've never supported this monumental waste.

Jerusalem and Mecca have seen moneybags in us, and so have carefully designed their systems in anticipation of our visit EVERY YEAR!

Even if the government were rich, it has no business wasting money on such frivolities.
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by MizMyColi(f): 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
Tell that to the Ebonyi state governor who created a religious parastatal.
Re: Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
multikolour:
government at all level should emulate el-rufai on this.

SE governors don't do that.

(1) (Reply)

In 10 Tweets, Kayode Ogundamisi Writes Letter To Buhari / Father Turns His Boko Haram Son In (photos) / Kogi Governorship Elections Holds Today...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.