Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,748 members, 7,875,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:57 PM

Ben Bruce Shares Picutres Of Himself In First Class - Nigerians tackle him - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Shares Picutres Of Himself In First Class - Nigerians tackle him (3486 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce shares Nigeria's Unfortunate Reality Of "Change" / Town Hall: Nigerians Tackle Ministers / Ben-Bruce Shares A Cartoon By The Sun Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Shares Picutres Of Himself In First Class - Nigerians tackle him by obailala(m): 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
wirinet:

I do not usually hate or love people, i love or hate people's ideas. Ben Bruce has just been engaging in cheap publicity stunts since he had been elected senator. He has not introduced any revolutionary ideas on how he will make an impact using his legislative privileges. He has not told us on how he can sponsor a bill to prevent the Osun situation and employers owing employees for months (which is a huge problem in Nigeria). Instead he is playing to the "Galleria" about donating a wardrobe allowance to Osun workers or never flying first class by fly business class. javascript:void(0); undecided

It is embarrassing for foriegners to open Nairaland and see what Nigerians and their public officers are arguing about.
The NASS was inaugurated barely 2 weeks ago and there's been no sitting since the inauguration. Yet you are here judging a man for not introducing any bills in this 2 weeks old assembly that has not sat?.. Are you for real?

You know when you begin to 'hate' on a person, you begin to make ridiculously irrational criticisms of the person's every move such as what you are doing presently. Hate just like anger are 2 sides of a coin; when you are angry with or when you hate a person, you can hardly make rational decisions or judgements. Promising to donate wardrobe allowance or never flying first class (even when he can afford it), I do not see anything wrong in both statements and they are even none of my business. However, these irrelevant things have sparked a sharp resentment in you towards the man. I'm sorry to say but that is called 'hating' because your reasons are irrational.

FYI, no hater every agrees that they hate; as a matter of fact, 'haters' genuinely do not know when they start 'hating' and I believe that is your case presently.
Re: Ben Bruce Shares Picutres Of Himself In First Class - Nigerians tackle him by wirinet(m): 2:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
obailala:
The NASS was inaugurated barely 2 weeks ago and there's been no sitting since the inauguration. Yet you are here judging a man for not introducing any bills in this 2 weeks old assembly that has not sat?.. Are you for real?

You know when you begin to 'hate' on a person, you begin to make ridiculously irrational criticisms of the person's every move such as what you are doing presently. Hate just like anger are 2 sides of a coin; when you are angry with or when you hate a person, you can hardly make rational decisions or judgements. Promising to donate wardrobe allowance or never flying first class (even when he can afford it), I do not see anything wrong in both statements and they are even none of my business. However, these irrelevant things have sparked a sharp resentment in you towards the man. I'm sorry to say but that is called 'hating' because your reasons are irrational.

FYI, no hater every agrees that they hate; as a matter of fact, 'haters' genuinely do not know when they start 'hating' and I believe that is your case presently.

Na wa o. You are taking this Ben Bruce's affair too personal. Are you related?

Ben Bruce does not need to sit in the Senate chambers before he can expose his revolutionary ideas on how he can better the lot of Nigerian workers (or at least his senatorial district). He did not need to sit in the hallowed chambers before he exposed his ideas on how he can assist Osun workers. I am talking about ideas, i have not talked about introducing any bills yet.

The greatest tragedy of black Africa is that we lack men of ideas, me who propagate ideas on how to develop our societies. What we have are men who propagate religion, emotions and egocentric vanities.

Please tell us Ben Bruce's ideas of how to achieve a better working condition for Osun workers, or does he intend to set up a charity foundation to help Osun workers perpetually?

2 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Shares Picutres Of Himself In First Class - Nigerians tackle him by obailala(m): 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
wirinet:

Na wa o. You are taking this Ben Bruce's affair too personal. Are you related?

Ben Bruce does not need to sit in the Senate chambers before he can expose his revolutionary ideas on how he can better the lot of Nigerian workers (or at least his senatorial district). He did not need to sit in the hallowed chambers before he exposed his ideas on how he can assist Osun workers. I am talking about ideas, i have not talked about introducing any bills yet.

The greatest tragedy of black Africa is that we lack men of ideas, me who propagate ideas on how to develop our societies. What we have are men who propagate religion, emotions and egocentric vanities.

Please tell us Ben Bruce's ideas of how to achieve a better working condition for Osun workers, or does he intend to set up a charity foundation to help Osun workers perpetually?
I am not related to Bruce but of course I am very angry at the response he is getting from Nigerians for attempting to be on the side of the masses.

This is a man who has a choice to simply join his fellow elites and bleed the nation but he is presently making attempts to challenge the conscience of his colleagues. Instead of being encouraged, he is being severely bashed from all sides with a barage of insults per second. This is the exact reason why good men never bother to join politics and even the few that join eventually join the diabolics after they are crucified by the same people they think they are trying to defend.

Now I am not saying Ben is a good man but at least he is attempting to be one here and should be encouraged (not crucified) if he must succeed in his new found good cause. I hope you get my anger?... Nigerians need to identify who their real enemies are and stop attacking bystanders.

As for your talk on ideas, 2 weeks is too early for him to start divulging his plans. You need to be patient.
Re: Ben Bruce Shares Picutres Of Himself In First Class - Nigerians tackle him by wirinet(m): 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
That is where i am different, I personally know Ben Murray Bruce. I know his family. I have an aunt who was class mate with him in St. Gregory's (same classmate with Stella Obasanjo (nee Abebe), so if i tell you he is grandstanding, i know what i am talking about.He had alway been ulta elitist and had never identified with the masses. In fact when he started rhythm FM, you have no chance of getting a job as a presenter if you do not speak with a British or American accent. He himself still speaks with an american accent even though he only went to study in the US for a few years. I have never heard him speak pidgin, yoruba or his native Ijaw language. So to say he identifies with the masses is simply political gimmickry.

There is no politician in Nigeria today that identifies with the masses, the onces that pretend to do are deceitful. Even Adams Oshiomole that pretended to the side of the masses for decades only for him to tell them to go and die when the masses needed him.

Good men simply do not join politics simply because the voting public do not appreciate good men, else men like Gani Fawehinmi, ken saro wiwa and Femi Falana would easily win elections. The Nigerian electoate (and to some extent African electorate) appreciates power, they appreciate strong men, godfathers and oppressors, people like IBB, Atiku, Tinubu, Ibori, David Mark, etc.

you do not need to get angry, everybody is free to air his/her opinions. Time always expose those who deceive the masses.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Shares Picutres Of Himself In First Class - Nigerians tackle him by erimmy(m): 5:05am On Jun 22, 2015
The man is a nollywood senatewood actor

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News:lagos State Govt Emulates Obiano! / [Classified Video, MUST WATCH]: NNAMDI KANU HAS FINISHED NIGERIA!!! / Southwest Voted For PDP More Than Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.