Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,148 members, 7,977,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 03:59 AM

Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) (47126 Views)

Nurses To Omega Power Ministries On Criminal Act Of The Church / Lady Injured By Gunpowder Fire Accident In Awka Hospitalized (Graphic Photos) / Production Manager Of Factory Loses Four Fingers In Industrial Machine Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by rawpadgin(m): 9:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
Nigeriasam:
My brother, d same thing is applicable in NIGERIAN BREWERIES plc. U will be tagged a KPI killer. That u wil deny them their quarterly bonus.
whats the meaning of KPI?
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Ashez: 9:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
dljbd1:
Wow! Looks so scary.

So what is "wow" abt d matter?
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Emilord(m): 9:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
I think he might have fingered a bitch with that hand last night...rip to the fingers
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by kka2007(m): 9:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
if it were in India, and the injury is less than 8 hours, those fingers would have been reattached and micro surgery done to repair the nerves. with proper occupational and physical therapy, the hand would function, but this is Nigeria. *sigh*
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by dljbd1(m): 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ashez:

So what is "wow" abt d matter?
lipsrsealed
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by 1stola: 9:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
firstolalekan:
Ho my gosh sad
This is simply what will happen to any silly mod that will ban me on nairaland again angry
cc: lalasticlala
Me too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by xabi148(m): 9:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
Stingy man trying to fix things by himself...liv d engineer to their work bt u got ur fingers chopped off...na only God dey help pple sha
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
Heeya. Sorry
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by billtommy(m): 9:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
Dhotseal:

No sir, the employer has a duty in law to compensate. If you read the Act you will understand that the employer is almost strictly liable for all work place accidents. He can keep his compassion to himself and compensate the guy already or he stands to lose a lot.

im able to talk about it because i have adequate knowledge about it. The employer is definitely going to compensate. but he hes not liable. From common law perspective.....if the workplace is safe, there's nothing wrong with the machine, the staff is competent (the employee is guilty of this if he doesnt have the right clearance to do the job, and safe system of working) if all these are in place. then the employer can go without paying a dime.;

1 Like

Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by xreal: 9:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
I can't just imagine the pain.
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by richiefloyd(m): 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2015
This is where the Employee Compensation Act 2010 comes into play. The ECA is designed to make comprehensive provisions for compensation that will accrue to an employee or its dependents in the event of death, injury, or any disability arising out of or in the course of employment. One of the main strenght of the ECA is that it allows compensation to be given to affected employees on the basis of 'no fault principle' i.e whether the employee is at fault or not, Compensation would be made as long as the company subscribed with the NSITF. The HR dept of millenium industry would write the board of NSITF asap and follow up the process if they have been contributing to the compensation fund of the trust fund.

2 Likes

Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Giov: 10:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
YerYer:
Very very sad, I hope he has disability insurance, cuz he's gonna need it now he's out of work. Rather than sympathizing with this man, why don't we start a Nairaland Fund Raising Campaign to cover his medical treatment? Heck, even if he has to fly to India for treatment, let's use social media to make positive changes for once and not just focus on celebrities and politics.
u sure those hands are insured esp in Naija wia dis tins aren't taken seriously.
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by StObaino1(m): 10:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
Careless man.... never forget, it's safety first.
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
he is now officially disabled.
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
firstolalekan:
Ho my gosh sad
This is simply what will happen to any silly mod that will ban me on nairaland again angry
cc: lalasticlala
lol @ the ban!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
xabi148:
Stingy man trying to fix things by himself...liv d engineer to their work bt u got ur fingers chopped off...na only God dey help pple sha
ashawo don use head do jazz?pls get well soon o.k
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Vivipop(f): 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
RedBenson:

Then never pray to eat money from an offshore worker. I bet you wont stand to have a glance of the risk they take at work.
What's that?, I feel insulted.
A job is safe if and only if safety precautions and measures are followed. I'll have you know that i'm aware of the risks that comes with offshore works, yet, safety measures are taken judiciously. Hence, a risky job is not necessarily an unsafe job. tongue
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by cabjoy(m): 11:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
pyyxxaro:
God forbid bad thing cry

We should always be Safety Conscious

How e won take climb ladder now cry
which ladder bros
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by themodernman: 11:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
Chopet:
The production Manager of Millennium industry Awka. Mr Ahmed as generally called, losses four of his fingers while trying to fix one of the machine that produces plastic.

His left hand was chopped by the mould while trying to remove runner from bucket, His four fingers crushed leaving only his thumb.

Pix below... Viewers discretion is advised

All for the paper....#sadface.
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Proffdada: 11:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
I truly sympathize with the guy but we Nigerians like fire brigade approach to solve problems. The machine has precautions to operate we tend to neglect it. I've seen a couple of people who refuel a generator set still on undecided
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
I wish him well.
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by pyyxxaro: 12:06am On Jun 22, 2015
cabjoy:
which ladder bros

The Ladder to heaven, abi u nor know say na ladder we go climb on Rapture day cry
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by macsilver(m): 12:45am On Jun 22, 2015
YerYer:
Very very sad, I hope he has disability insurance, cuz he's gonna need it now he's out of work. Rather than sympathizing with this man, why don't we start a Nairaland Fund Raising Campaign to cover his medical treatment? Heck, even if he has to fly to India for treatment, let's use social media to make positive changes for once and not just focus on celebrities and politics.

Well thought of. But this is Nigeria where an average Man would see this comment and his kindest gesture towards it is to "like" it and keep scrolling. Watch how the number of likes would grow.
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Nayok(m): 2:09am On Jun 22, 2015
Like what, to fix them back? undecided
fatdon2:
God, just hope the owner of the company will do something about it.
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:08am On Jun 22, 2015
pyyxxaro:
God forbid bad thing cry

We should always be Safety Conscious

How e won take climb ladder now cry

I wonder if any of his friends would be intelligent enough to get him to sue the company..

The company is required by law to provide its workers a safe working environment, proper PPE and a Workmans compensation insurance policy.
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by pyyxxaro: 3:24am On Jun 22, 2015
Okijajuju1:

I wonder if any of his friends would be intelligent enough to get him to sue the company..

The company is required by law to provide its workers a safe working environment, proper PPE and a Workmans compensation insurance policy.

Tooo bad... can just imagine the pain.... smh
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:30am On Jun 22, 2015
pyyxxaro:

Tooo bad... can just imagine the pain.... smh

The pain would pass, the disability is till death..

This is my Ten Cent for the victim and whoever else knows him.. Nigeria is not a Lawless nation, it's just a Nation of Ignorant people. The Labor Act of Nigeria protects this Mans Right under the law..

Anyone who knows him should give him this link to read Click here of the full Nigerian Labour Act..
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by ajealadick(m): 4:21am On Jun 22, 2015
The man didn't observe safety procedures of lock out, tag out. That machine was supposed to be switched off and kept in a locked position with pins, etc. But he worked on it as it is live and started running. So sorry he had to learn safety the hard way.
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Lexusgs430: 4:45am On Jun 22, 2015
Was he adequately trained in the functionality of the machine and wat PPE did his employer provide?
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by pyyxxaro: 5:33am On Jun 22, 2015
Okijajuju1:

The pain would pass, the disability is till death..

This is my Ten Cent for the victim and whoever else knows him.. Nigeria is not a Lawless nation, it's just a Nation of Ignorant people. The Labor Act of Nigeria protects this Mans Right under the law..

Anyone who knows him should give him this link to read Click here of the full Nigerian Labour Act..

They would normally look for a way to frustrate his efforts
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by kazman117: 7:02am On Jun 22, 2015
Chopet:
The production Manager of Millennium industry Awka. Mr Ahmed as generally called, losses four of his fingers while trying to fix one of the machine that produces plastic.

His left hand was chopped by the mould while trying to remove runner from bucket, His four fingers crushed leaving only his thumb.

Pix below... Viewers discretion is advised

Yah Rosulallahi, ma Allah b with u man
Re: Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) by Donpedro4: 7:30am On Jun 22, 2015
[quote author=Chopet post=34990466][i]The production Manager of Millennium industry Awka. Mr Ahmed as generally called, losses four of his fingers while trying to fix one of the machine that produces plastic.

Safty 1st and safty always

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N32m Raised To Treat Deformed Baby Rejected By His Father (Pictures) / US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) / I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.