Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,499 members, 7,885,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:34 PM

He Died Within Seconds Of Gasping For Breath - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / He Died Within Seconds Of Gasping For Breath (992 Views)

Photos Of The UNILAG Student, Tope Who Died After Returning From A Club / What Causes Your Bad Breath? / I'm Dying Of Social Killer(bad Breath) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Died Within Seconds Of Gasping For Breath by matingo(f): 7:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
I lost a very dear person on Saturday the 20th of June around 12.30am. His name was tunde osinaike and he was the husband to my sister in law, they have been married for six years with two sons.
The circumstances surrounding his death has left me perplexed and afraid. He was healthy until the time of his death, according to his wife, he did not complain of any ailment and that day he worked in his shop(he was a barber at baale animasaun Rd at dalemo/alakuko) till very late. The Napep guy that took him home remembered that they gisted till he got home, he was perfectly ok.
His wife gave him his food when he got home, they ate together, and they took the kids inside.
They switched off the generator at ten minutes to 12 midnight like they normally do.
They were gisting while tempo( as he was fondly called) was scrolling through his phone when suddenly he started gasping for breath, initially the wife thought he was joking but when she put on the torch, she realised that it was real, she shouted for help and the couple living beside them came and they tried all they could but he gave up within seconds.
The family insisted they don't want any autopsy performed on him so he was buried around 10am at a cemetery in itele-ota.
My question is, is it possible for an otherwise healthy man to just gasp for breath and die just like that without being sick before and without being asthmatic or something.
A woman was saying this morning to the wife of the deceased that she should have punched his chest with her fist and do a mouth to mouth resuscitation technique but I told her to keep quiet so that the poor lady will not start blaming herself.
I've been thinking to myself if he could have been saved, this could happen to anybody, can someone in that condition be revived before being rushed to the hospital?
RIP Mr tunde osinaike (a.k.a Tempo).

1 Like

Re: He Died Within Seconds Of Gasping For Breath by demmy0325(m): 7:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
Rip

1 Like

Re: He Died Within Seconds Of Gasping For Breath by lonngmann(m): 7:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
May his soul rest in peace

It is advisable to do medical check ups regularly. Some sickness build up over time without us knowing or feeling anything unusual

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Died Within Seconds Of Gasping For Breath by player007(m): 7:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
Am really sorry for your loss.
For every human there is a set time. And when each and everyone's time come nobody can add a second to it.
Every time a love one passes on we always try to fathom why I had to happen.
Just know that he's in a better place.

1 Like

Re: He Died Within Seconds Of Gasping For Breath by dulux07(m): 7:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
Yes, CPR may have saved his life, probably he was choked by d food he jst ate or somethin else. Learnin of first aid as individuals is very important.
On the other hand, y did d family say they dont want autopsy, it would reveal more abt what killed him.
Anyways, God knows better.

2 Likes

Re: He Died Within Seconds Of Gasping For Breath by DickDastardly(m): 7:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
Rip

1 Like

Re: He Died Within Seconds Of Gasping For Breath by Teeboy15(m): 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
So sry for ur loss. Such a heart troubling story. Actually if only d wife knew of CPR sh culd av applied it on him n also d mouth-mouth action, if I would av worked. Bt I guess sh was confused n probably dnt kw abt it. Let's try n get well informed abt simple first aid @ home to avoid such occurrences. May God continue to protect us n our families

1 Like

Re: He Died Within Seconds Of Gasping For Breath by nedu2000(m): 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
Unanswered questions abt his death yet he was buried Asap?we never help ourselves what if it's a hereditary ailment or an inhalation?we'll never know now angry
RIP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Died Within Seconds Of Gasping For Breath by matingo(f): 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
dulux07:
Yes, CPR may have saved his life, probably he was choked by d food he jst ate or somethin else. Learnin of first aid as individuals is very important.
On the other hand, y did d family say they dont want autopsy, it would reveal more abt what killed him.
Anyways, God knows better.

They did not want autopsy because of the amount they were told to pay at the hospital. The doctor told them to drop 50k instant and 1k daily till they have the result.
The family concluded he was dead already and not to waste more money.
Re: He Died Within Seconds Of Gasping For Breath by matingo(f): 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
Teeboy15:
So sry for ur loss. Such a heart troubling story. Actually if only d wife knew of CPR sh culd av applied it on him n also d mouth-mouth action, if I would av worked. Bt I guess sh was confused n probably dnt kw abt it. Let's try n get well informed abt simple first aid @ home to avoid such occurrences. May God continue to protect us n our families
Amen thanks.
Re: He Died Within Seconds Of Gasping For Breath by dulux07(m): 9:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
matingo:

They did not want autopsy because of the amount they were told to pay at the hospital. The doctor told them to drop 50k instant and 1k daily till they have the result.
Ok, thot as much
Re: He Died Within Seconds Of Gasping For Breath by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 22, 2015
matingo:

It's unfortunate that the family will have to live the rest of their lives with unanswered questions. It was insensitive for the woman to tell the wife she should've done this or that. The wife shouldn't blame herself, as she didn't know what was going on. RIP to Mr Tunde Osinaike.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

WHO Has Ranked Nigerian Women As The Most Skin Bleachers In Africa (PHOTO) / Best Foods To Eat In The Morning / Types Of Colon Cancer Screenings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.