Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,498 members, 7,951,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:09 AM

How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget (1629 Views)

Lagos Landlord Hangs Tenant's Dog On The Ceiling (Photo) / Woman Carrying Her Dog On Her Back On The Road (photo) / SOLD-Pedigree Caucasian Shepherd Semi-Adult Dog For Quick Sale (female). Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget by younglawya(m): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2015
Hello
Re: How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget by younglawya(m): 9:20am On Jun 22, 2015
I'm here to educate the newbies or inexperienced dog owners on how to take care of dogs without breaking the bank. By way of an aside, I have 3 boerboel dogs. I also don't spend more than 6k a month.in feeding
Re: How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget by younglawya(m): 9:27am On Jun 22, 2015
Food

I feed my dogs an Indomie mix.

Oyibo people say flourbased foods are not good for canines. I beg to differ. I have used Indomie for years and I have never had issues.

Here's how I do it. My dogs eat a lot so I use about 1 paint bucket of Indomie daily. I boil water with an electric kettle( to save gas costs). I put fish entrails head of fish and chicken parts inside. I also add an egg. Alternatively, I use dry food. When this has soaked enough, I I add Indomie. It soaks up and tastes lovely to the dog

1 Like

Re: How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget by younglawya(m): 9:34am On Jun 22, 2015
Treatment.

The commonest diseases that affect dogs are
Mange, tick fever, intestinal parasites. all can be prevented quite cheaply.

Mange , ticks
There are two types. Basically sha bathing the dog regularly with amitrax or azinthol will prevent this. Both cost less than 1k
Re: How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget by younglawya(m): 9:53am On Jun 22, 2015
Tick fever

Puppies are more susceptible to it. As you wld suspect it's caused by a proliferation of ticks symptoms. Are a dark. Coloured urine lethargy loss of weight and appetite. I have treated it in the past with doxycycline. It works very well
Re: How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget by oluomoadebayo: 11:55am On Jun 22, 2015
Please post the picture of your dogs first. We need to see how healthy your pack is before following your method.

1 Like

Re: How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget by knyte(m): 1:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
Waiting to see this... shocked
Re: How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget by Prodeegee(m): 7:58am On Jun 23, 2015
knyte:
Waiting to see this... shocked
seconded
Re: How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget by Funmiladey(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2015
Same here
Prodeegee:
seconded

1 Like

Re: How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget by sirneyo2005: 1:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
younglawya:
Food

I feed my dogs an Indomie mix.

Oyibo people say flourbased foods are not good for canines. I beg to differ. I have used Indomie for years and I have never had issues.

Here's how I do it. My dogs eat a lot so I use about 1 paint bucket of Indomie daily. I boil water with an electric kettle( to save gas costs). I put fish entrails head of fish and chicken parts inside. I also add an egg. Alternatively, I use dry food. When this has soaked enough, I I add Indomie. It soaks up and tastes lovely to the dog

picture of your dog

1 Like

Re: How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget by Baroba(m): 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2015
Nigeria needs companies that will produce pet food on the cheap using local resources, though I don't think our pet industry is matured enough to make it viable for anyone brave enough to do so..

Expensive dog food imports means a lot of people are feeding there dogs crap, hence a lotta malnourished dogs walking around..
Re: How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget by younglawya(m): 12:40am On Jul 19, 2015
Ok
Re: How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget by ENIGMA24(m): 3:38am On Jul 19, 2015
sirneyo2005:

picture of your dog
I would also love to see pictures of d dogs
Re: How To Take Care Of A An Adult Dog On A Budget by younglawya(m): 7:14am On Jul 19, 2015
ENIGMA24:

I would also love to see pictures of d dogs

Lol. Check my other thread

(1) (Reply)

Expecting boerboel pups in a week. Hunthsmans Gerda v. Amstel von Ragnar / Rottweiler Pups From House Of Knights / 19 Months Super Old Big Bone Male Caucasian Giant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.