Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,147 members, 7,887,336 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:58 AM

17 Relationship Advice From A Divorced Man After 16 Years Of Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 17 Relationship Advice From A Divorced Man After 16 Years Of Marriage (906 Views)

Help! A Friend Of Mine @31 No Boyfriend Not To Talk Of Marriage. / Guys Advice.. I'm About Bleeping A Divorced-single Lady / Lady Gets New House From Her Man After She Bought Him A Car(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Relationship Advice From A Divorced Man After 16 Years Of Marriage by syfurian: 1:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
My advice after a divorce following 16 years of marriage, by – Gerald Rogers

Obviously, I’m not a relationship expert. But there’s something about my divorce being finalized this week that gives me perspective of things I wish I would have done differently... After losing a woman that I loved, and a marriage of almost 16 years, here is the advice I wish I would have had...

(1) Never stop courting: never stop dating, never take that woman for granted. When you asked her to marry you, you promised to be that man that would own her heart and fiercely protect it.
This is the most important and sacred treasure you will ever be entrusted with. Key word: Never get lazy in love.

(2) Protect your own heart: Just as you committed to being, the protector of her heart you must guard your own with the same vigilance.
Love yourself fully, love the world openly, but there is a special place in your heart where no one must enter except for your wife. Keep that space always ready to receive her and invite her in, and refuse to let anyone or anything else enter there.

(3) Fall in love over and over again: you will constantly change. You are not the same people you were when you got married, and in five years you will not be the same person you are today. Change will come, and in that you have to re-choose each other every day.

She doesn’t have to stay with you, and if you don’t take care of her heart, she may give that heart to someone else or seal you out completely, and you may never be able to get it back. Always fight to win her love just as you did when you were courting her.

(4) Always see the best in her: focus only on what you love. What you focus on will expand. If you focus on what bugs you, all you will see is reasons to be bugged. If you focus on what you love, you can’t help but be consumed by love.

Focus to the point where you can no longer see anything but love, and you know without a doubt that you are the luckiest man on earth to be have this woman.. continue here>>>> http://www.syfur.org/2015/06/17-relationship-advice-from-divorced.html

1 Like

Re: 17 Relationship Advice From A Divorced Man After 16 Years Of Marriage by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
Number one cheesy kiss
Re: 17 Relationship Advice From A Divorced Man After 16 Years Of Marriage by 3ace(m): 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
You should have said 4.
Re: 17 Relationship Advice From A Divorced Man After 16 Years Of Marriage by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
The true facts kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: 17 Relationship Advice From A Divorced Man After 16 Years Of Marriage by repogirl(f): 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
Makes sense.....its soooo easy to take one's spouse for granted, as if getting married is the end of it all.
Re: 17 Relationship Advice From A Divorced Man After 16 Years Of Marriage by czarr(m): 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
.....NOTED!!
Re: 17 Relationship Advice From A Divorced Man After 16 Years Of Marriage by loswhite(m): 4:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
Freshnex:
The true facts kiss kiss kiss kiss
Is life all about pleasing a woman? Most ladies always want to careless and leave the man to be fighting everyday for her HABA!!!
Re: 17 Relationship Advice From A Divorced Man After 16 Years Of Marriage by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
Easier said...

(1) (Reply)

All People In Love Listen Very Well To These 10 Points. / Frustration / Can Some Ladies Be Sincere For Once?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.