Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,610 members, 7,941,341 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 01:47 AM

Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax (32488 Views)

EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam / Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs / Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by erico2k2(m): 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
warrior01:
What happened to the governors inventing ways of generating revenues in their states? Must the resources from the Eastern region always used to bail them out of their uselessness. The same way they advised and took the FG to court to share the ECA and today, the same hypocrites have turned around to blame Gej and Okonjo Iweala.
Plz explain what revenue comes from the Eastern states

2 Likes

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by erico2k2(m): 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
Jobos:

read that news very well most those states spent their money on federal govt project. And buhari should refund thier money by sharing the tax from lng .

Gej abandoned many state to their faith.
I believe you will blame GEJ until 2050

1 Like

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by holytribe(m): 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2015
sosanova:
[size=13pt]1.6 billion dollars ke?
where did the money come out from?
but Baba One Chance a.k.a President Buhari a.k.a Dogo Yaro told us yesterday that the Nigeria treasury was empty...God deliver us from this government of falsehood n propaganda in the next four years
the greedy governors will still divert the money to their offshore bank accounts
[/size]

So even if Buhari says that the treasury is empty, does that mean to u that there is no money at all in the vault?
Please use your brain and not your scrotum.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
johnydon22:

bro what you don't understand is that civil war will work in the interest of biafra, the international community will not let the same conflict to happen a third time and the geographical entity is left the same way. . . if a war starts now, it wouldn't take months for the international body to facilitate a divided Nigeria.

The east is not even ready for such violence but seriously speaking if the igbos really need biafra, all they need do now is to start a war and that is it...
like they did for Sudan, Libya, Iran, abi?

1 Like

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Taku555(m): 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
CR77:
Hope after sharing the money workers will get their salaries soon.
are u waiting for someone to fulfill his promises?
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by erico2k2(m): 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
Abba999:

Liar! You are not an igboman!,
And u can not speak for we the Niger Deltans.

Beside, Niger Delter is in the Easter Region of Nigeria. There is nothing like South South. We all know that the fulani created it to divide the Old Eastern Region and kill Biafra.

We now know better and all you parasites can not decieve the gullibles any longer.
Guy your Mumu knows no bounds,so nah By force Edo,Delta bayelsa,Rivers and Cross rivers must Join Biafra ,Same mentality led the IGBOs who think like this to lose your WAR cos of greed, just cos the named states has Oil, it must be Biafra in your Book.For the Last time the NIGER DELTA will never and can never join Biafra end off, grow up and concentrate on the Igbo states

2 Likes

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Realdeals(m): 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
It seems these Governors do not know who Buhari is, he will set the EFCC on them, if they think it's business as usual
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by badesco(m): 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
Those Governors are nothing but rogues. They are making this spurious demand so that they can share it as usual.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by loswhite(m): 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
BLOTRS:
they have seen buhari for who he really is, that's why they are the ones making decision for him
Which decision did they make for him? You can't even read and comprehend...smh
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by AreaFada2: 7:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
Atlantian:

Actually 19 States is too much. It should be just 6 states. The 6 Geo-political zones should become States and the 36 states become Municipal council councils. The the Federal Government should hands-off oil and gas and allow every state to generate revenue and pay Abuja 40% to manage federal police and few executives. Merge the Federal House of Assembly with Senate but make it just 72 members, just 2 from each Municipal councils. Democracy as it is, is too expensive.

Abi o. It can even be 109 senators as it now, but no House of Rep. Pay should not exceed that of level 14 civil servant. Official housing should be for for about 4 principal officers. Moderate housing benefit & constituency office maintenance allowance for all others.

Abdusallam Abubakar did well to bring back democracy BUT he had the perfect chance to slimline democracy but he didn't. Even though he knew how expensive our recurrent expenditure already was under military regime, let alone "food is ready" democratic system.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by sammhi(m): 7:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
clintwine:
I hate to comment, but i find it pathetic, that there are loads of Dullards here calling someone else a dullard.
Simple Essay they cannot comprehend.

Buhari says the treasury is empty, the money they are talking about, is money that is yet to be collected, or in process of being collected.

“Instead of NLNG paying $1.6 billion to the federal government, we requested that it be paid to the federation account so that it could be shared amongst the three tiers of government

People love to believe what they want to, these same people know that if Jonathan was there, the looting would have continued and there would be no real progress.

I saw someone comment about the oil being from the eastern part.
We are so deluded that we can't read between the lines.
I am an Igbo Man, and the truth be told that the oil belongs to the NIGER DELTA.
there is no way they would let you lump them as BIAFRA, they would prefer to stand on their own.

please go to school...money due to u but uncollected is part of treasury ...or was it due to sales from 29th ? no...it was due to sales of the past..so its part of revenue. ....
maybe PMB himself like you don't even know d difference
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by rudebouy: 7:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
warrior01:
What happened to the governors inventing ways of generating revenues in their states? Must the resources from the Eastern region always used to bail them out?

Sorry, der is no gas in the eastern region. Dat money is from the southern region.

1 Like

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by dayodare49o: 7:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
I thought there is no money at all. So, you guys still have that much? Share it quickly, those that do not have jet should buy now.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Emyogalanya: 8:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
1.6 bill doll inside an inherited empty treasure wow. I tot no money will be found there. Oh i'm mistaken nature abhors vacuum
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Abba999(f): 8:05pm On Jun 23, 2015
erico2k2:

[/s]Guy[s] Madam your [/s]Mumu[s] history knows no bounds,so nah By force Edo,Delta bayelsa,Rivers and Cross rivers must Join Biafra ,Same mentality led the IGBOs who think like this to lose your WAR cos of greed, just cos the named states has Oil, it must be Biafra in your Book.For the Last time the NIGER DELTA will never and can never join Biafra end off, grow up and concentrate on the Igbo states

Go back to school and learn respect and your history.

I am an Ijaw woman and you are a yoruba boy!
Now read the difference!

2 Likes

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by drololaaof: 8:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
Who beg them to do FG PROJECTS the roads that didn't last for one year abi wetin dem do
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Abba999(f): 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
[s][/s]
masseratti:
is delta, Ondo also part of eastern region? The three oil producing states in the old eastern region that has significant reserve is the rivers, bayelsa and Akwa Ibom[s][/s].

What is this one saying undecided
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
hahahahahaahahahaha.
Let me laugh biko..

Ngwa Buhari, share the money or.....

This is the change oooo.
Bunch of clowns.

1 Like

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by heayernu56(m): 8:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
handsomeclouds:
Is't NLNG tax that is just paid different from left over in the national treasury? Work with facts not assumptions please
How sure are you that the guy even knows what treasury means??
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
heayernu56:

How sure are you that the guy even knows what treasury means??
And you that knows it.. What have u achieved with it... Ranting on NL!
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by tiger28: 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
Abba999:
[s][/s]

What is this one saying undecided
he is sooo on point. ...you are the one yanning rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by erico2k2(m): 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
Abba999:

Go back to school and learn respect and your history.

I am an Ijaw woman and you are a yoruba boy!
Now read the difference!
you are a bigger mumu than I thought, Im from Delta state, Im Urhobo, now who is foolish?

1 Like

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by laboguashi(m): 8:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
INTROVERT:
This governor's can share anything shareable.

Just name it.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Abba999(f): 8:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
erico2k2:

you are a bigger[/s] mumu[s] mama than I thought, Im from[/s] Delta state, Im Urhobo[s] a typical Yoruba land, now[/s] who is[s] I realise I am a foolish shameless man, and a disgrace to Yoruba people?

But you earlier said you were igbo. Why the sudden change of origin? grin
Is Abuse the language they speak in your village?
Darling, Are you sure you know where you come from?
Please my dear stop browsing now and go ask your mama who where your papa came from! That is, if you have any. undecided but, in case u don't, I can accommodate you to share a space in my dog's old cage. kiss
Am sorry if my advise sound insultive.
Nevertheless, It is paramount you find out where you come from. And be a good boy.
Feel free to call on me anytime.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by preselect(m): 8:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
sosanova:
[size=13pt]1.6 billion dollars ke?
where did the money come out from?
but Baba One Chance a.k.a President Buhari a.k.a Dogo Yaro told us yesterday that the Nigeria treasury was empty...God deliver us from this government of falsehood n propaganda in the next four years
the greedy governors will still divert the money to their offshore bank accounts
[/size]

[size=14pt]i'm glad we have people like you taking note of the con man. Buharitualists would have us believe this clueless nama rearer is honest.

meanwhile, i heard akwa ibom state was bombed.in search of kidnappers. . . . or oil thieves. . . . . or car hijackers. . . . or only-God-knows-what. is this true? i hear the casualty figures are extreme. meanwhile boko haram is peacefully operating in the north-east[/size]

[size=28pt]and they still have the chibok girls[/size]
#TerroristInAsoRock

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
This governors should desist from these, what happened to their IGR
Meanwhile please patronize Hary Building Concept. As the best awaits you with us. Thanks.

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by erico2k2(m): 8:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
Abba999:

But you earlier said you were igbo. Why the sudden change of origin? grin
Is Abuse the language they speak in your village?
Darling, Are you sure you know where you come from?
Please my dear stop browsing now and go ask your mama who where your papa came from! That is, if you have any. undecided but, in case u don't, I can accommodate you to share a space in my dog's old cage. kiss
Am sorry if my advise sound insultive.
Nevertheless, It is paramount you find out where you come from. And be a good boy.
Feel free to call on me anytime.
see wetin the man wey give u bele leave u do you now? please quote where I said I was IGBO? I now you are an IJaw girl hence your bad mouth.I think you are about to get ur period hence your brain is wet.cant you read and comprehend or you stupidity plus the Hot sun made you bitter? or your MB don dey finish you dey econmize?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by sunsewa: 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
sarris:
See as our money dey feed this nation called Nigeria,am proud to be a southerner but am feeling great dat am frm dis little Island called Bonny.

this money and others they have wasted in the name of Nigeria, would have turned southern States to Dubai if Biafra was not betrayed by bonny island and the rest.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Abba999(f): 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
erico2k2:

see wetin the man wey give u bele leave u do you now? please quote where I said I was IGBO? I now you are an Igbo girl hence your bad mouth.I think you are about to get ur period hence your brain is wet.cant you read and comprehend or you stupidity plus the Hot sun made you bitter? or your MB don dey finish you dey econmize?

Nice of you to come back.
Gbenga! Oya come lock this baboon in bingo's old cage. Make sure you throw the key into the lagoon. undecided
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by erico2k2(m): 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
Abba999:

Nice of you to come back.
Gbenga! Oya come lock this baboon in bingo's old cage. Make sure you throw the key into the lagoon. undecided
so you are blind as well as stupid, quote where i said i was yoruba ,I'm waiting,when you lot have nothing rational to say you result in name calling as usual,am i surprised>?

1 Like

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by erico2k2(m): 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
sunsewa:

this money and others they have wasted in the name of Nigeria, would have turned southern States to Dubai if Biafra was not betrayed by bonny island and the rest.
ahah, How long will Biafrans blame the SS for the failures of their fathers?Time has past lets move on.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by persius555(m): 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
State govts are too mentally lazy. They can generate money in their states by building mini hybrid power plants, sell electricity to the discos, they can operate joint ventures in all the different sectors of the economy. Until we start looking beyond electing public office holders based on their political antecedent and opt for technocrats, all the state govts will continue to experience this financial hard times, year in year out. Governance is not owambe gathering. Whoever is not ready to serve the people should honourably resign. No shame in it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Completes 12 Stations Of The Abuja Light Rail Project (Pictures) / Terrorists Release Photograph Of Abducted Male Passengers Of Kaduna-Abuja Train / Wike Inspects Ongoing Works At Dr. Odili Cancer & Cardio Disease Center (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.