Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,164 members, 7,890,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:14 AM

The Good - Bad And Ugly Ads Without Price Stag - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Good - Bad And Ugly Ads Without Price Stag (1051 Views)

A Heart Touching Story Of Ugly The Cat / Meet World's Most Ugly Dog [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Good - Bad And Ugly Ads Without Price Stag by pmadise(m): 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
I'm really thinking aloud with my fingers and it surely amazes me why someone will construct ad in this section but without a price tag. I know this is not general norm cos i'm a frequent guest in other sections like Auto, Properties, etc and the expected standard is you need to include price. Haggling does occur and sales get tied in some cases.

Perhaps someone with a better understanding could educate me why price tag is strictly a taboo? Even those that ignorantly but seriously ask for the price online are immediately referred to call or chat in private. Many people, I'm sure have wasted time and money to make price inquiries via phone call only to be disappointed due to obvious reason

I'm not unaware that the motive could be that sellers (sorry breeders) wants to receive calls from only serious buyers as only few will zap credit to make inquiries if not meant. It's baffling that most of these breeders claim to imported the said breeds and we all know that the oversea breeders don't asked to be called. Rather, the price out there is also given and it breeds sincerity and trust.

My take is buyers should be advised to call to show seriousness and possibly confirm ad genuineness only when they feel that the asking price is not only friendly but could be negotiated (downward).

However, this surely affects the majority and not entirety of ads but...again...i speak for myself as a fresh follower of recent events here...

May we all join hands to make this section livelier.

3 Likes

Re: The Good - Bad And Ugly Ads Without Price Stag by xreal: 6:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hmm, welcome to Pet section.

Breeders do disclose their prices, maybe a few does sha; but it's like that here.
You are right witt the Auto section.
Re: The Good - Bad And Ugly Ads Without Price Stag by knyte(m): 6:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
pmadise:
I'm really thinking aloud with my fingers and it surely amazes me why someone will construct ad in this section but without a price tag. I know this is not general norm cos i'm a frequent guest in other sections like Auto, Properties, etc and the expected standard is you need to include price. Haggling does occur and sales get tied in some cases.

Perhaps someone with a better understanding could educate me why price tag is strictly a taboo? Even those that ignorantly but seriously ask for the price online are immediately referred to call or chat in private. Many people, I'm sure have wasted time and money to make price inquiries via phone call only to be disappointed due to obvious reason

I'm not unaware that the motive could be that sellers (sorry breeders) wants to receive calls from only serious buyers as only few will zap credit to make inquiries if not meant. It's baffling that most of these breeders claim to imported the said breeds and we all know that the oversea breeders don't asked to be called. Rather, the price out there is also given and it breeds sincerity and trust.

My take is buyers should be advised to call to show seriousness and possibly confirm ad genuineness only when they feel that the asking price is not only friendly but could be negotiated (downward).

However, this surely affects the majority and not entirety of ads but...again...i speak for myself as a fresh follower of recent events here...

May we all join hands to make this section livelier.
I tried posting price tag at sm point but I was 'shot down'. I feel if u serious enough about the dog and u call or text or whatsapp that shows how serious you are rather than expose yourself to certain comments and we all know how d pet section can be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Good - Bad And Ugly Ads Without Price Stag by countsparrow: 9:02pm On Jun 23, 2015
When prices are posted ere, they are open to scrutinizationwhich many breeders dont like...

I am in support of declaration of price with d ad... Imagine a breeder dat wants to sell a CO dats not d standard breed, he now places a 250k price tag on it, ere pple will immediately call pples attention to d price and y it should not be so, but privately, my bro an sis, u are on ur own o!

1 Like

Re: The Good - Bad And Ugly Ads Without Price Stag by Prodeegee(m): 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
Nairaland...

If price tags are placed, they complain
If they're not, they complain

Did you see what happened when Bobbysaxxy added price tag to his dog?

Ridiculous replies...

When I know what they do with price even in private.

Someone hears you sell a gsd for 35k and prices to 15k...

For me, I think dogs don't have fixed prices. The price of a dog can change the next morning...when you realise you're selling too cheap.

This is not a sales platform tho...The point is just to create awareness.
Re: The Good - Bad And Ugly Ads Without Price Stag by Prodeegee(m): 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
countsparrow:
When prices are posted ere, they are open to scrutinizationwhich many breeders dont like...

I am in support of declaration of price with d ad... Imagine a breeder dat wants to sell a CO dats not d standard breed, he now places a 250k price tag on it, ere pple will immediately call pples attention to d price and y it should not be so, but privately, my bro an sis, u are on ur own o!

That's the funny thing, most people don't mind.

All the people that have posted high prices and scrutinizing comments came in, while some sets of people are busy scrutinizing, someone is buying the dog.

So in the end, the comments don't matter. If magpies was attacked seriously when he posted pups for sale, and he still sold ALL the pups. Tell me, what did the comments change?

Bro, some people are willing to pay whatever for a good dog, while some would price asif they're pricing bend down select. And starve the dog later.

Besides, people like natty sell their pitbull pups for a million plus. I'm sure you think it's ridiculous. smiley
Re: The Good - Bad And Ugly Ads Without Price Stag by pmadise(m): 6:56am On Jun 24, 2015
Yea the reason why prices are not stated is obvious but it shouldn't stop goodpeople from doing the right thing. Put price and people will complain, don't put price and people will complain so why remove it? I don't think it's ideal for us to do what the minority wants even when it's below par.

You'll all agree with me that what viewers and pundits complain, scrutinise, criticise, castigate and in some cases even mock is the pix vis-a-vis the quality pet but has it stopped anyone from uploading pix?

Many of us are here to learn, buy and sell all bound by the love of pets hence taking lots of important discussion offline might not be healthy for us in the long run.
Re: The Good - Bad And Ugly Ads Without Price Stag by Prodeegee(m): 8:35am On Jun 24, 2015
When you say important discussions,

I can agree with price tags...But you know how people are, they'll begin negotiation right there on the post.
Re: The Good - Bad And Ugly Ads Without Price Stag by knyte(m): 8:55am On Jun 24, 2015
It a good thing if price tags were posted but u knw d pet section. It can also b handled like this, d price tag can b posted but negotiations should be conducted privately and not on the post.

1 Like

Re: The Good - Bad And Ugly Ads Without Price Stag by dorcky: 1:11am On Aug 07, 2015
I sympathize with you sponsor ... You don't come and accuse people blindly.... I still tell you pmaside

If you cannot find me I will find you and be bold to drop ur filty address ...

Just take care and sell your mongrel okay ...

(1) (Reply)

Pedigree Super Packed Female Caucasian Pup For Sale...video Attached / Sable Male Gsd Pup For Sale...rare Color...call 08155560515 / Young Caucasian Puppy For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.