Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,266 members, 7,884,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 10:20 AM

What Is The Right Age To Get Married? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Right Age To Get Married? (115103 Views)

When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? / What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? / What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Shakirababy(f): 5:12am On May 19, 2015
4rm 22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by driveiwe(m): 11:33am On Oct 07, 2015
push
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:46am On Dec 04, 2015
End time post from the archives grin
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Angelgirl(f): 2:28pm On May 19, 2016
Fabdedon:
...sorry are you married now?

Oh yes brother I am, and happily with 2 lovely kids and one on the way. There was no panicking, I took my time, prayed and waited on God.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by spartanobad(m): 2:19pm On Jun 04, 2016
Seun:

I want to be sensitive, but this has to stop.

I do not agree with the idea that women should get married in their late 20s or early 30s. You make it sound as if when you feel you are ready you can just go to a supermarket and pick up a man. I don't think it can be that easy.

When you are in your early twenties, or even just above eighteen, there are lots of suitors:
- Boys your age want to go out with you.
- Men slightly older than you want to go out with you.
- Single or divorced men much older than you want to go out with you!

So at this level the girl gets a lot of attention. This is the age at which the phrase "every girl has a suitor" is actually true.

When you are in your very late twenties or thirties, this is the case:
- The 'good' men your age are engaged. Taken.
- Men slightly older than you are married.
- Men much older than you are 'old men' as far as you are concerned.

The few single men are still going to be dating women in their early twenties, as well as people closer to your age (I would)! And to make matters worse, your 'taste' would have improved, with all the extra education and work experience. This is when ladies start having serious doubts about whether it's "ok to date married men"tongue.

The point is this. If men are getting married at 25, women have to get married at 23. If men are getting married at 28, 29 then women have to get married at 24, 25. Because men will not date women who are older than them, but we would gladly date women who are much younger. As far as I know, the most eligible men get married earlier than the 'strugglers' and 'players' you are trying to avoid.

A lady should not prepare for marriage by 'waiting' for maturity. You should prepare for it by getting matured faster. Now exactly how is one to get matured faster? We'll have to the relationship experts, but I don't think it means burying yourself in a demanding career or field of study while your friends are dating and getting married!
i kinda agree with u.....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Cunt: 12:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
Seun:
What is the right age for marriage?

Is there a particular age at which you'd expect a lady or a man to be married? At what age should you start thinking about marriage? And at what age should you start panicking if you've not yet found the right man? If you say age doesn't matter, what are the things that matter and can they be measured?

Personally, I think the most important things to achieve before marriage are economic independence and a clear sense of where you're going in life. If you have that by 20, fire away. And if you're a lady, and you're close to or 30, please start panicking! Maybe you've been too picky?!

The irony of Life

Seun said this in 2005.

Almost 20 years has passed, Seun has achieved economic independence, hopefully...

The Big Question now is: Is Seun married? grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Susily(m): 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2021
Cunt:

The irony of Life

Seun said this in 2005.

Almost 20 years has passed, Seun has achieved economic independence, hopefully...

The Big Question now is: Is Seun married? grin

Been thinking about the same thing, is Seun married??

What's scaring him away from marriage?? grin
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by KingAzubuike(f): 5:58pm On Jun 17, 2023
Seun:

I want to be sensitive, but this has to stop.

I do not agree with the idea that women should get married in their late 20s or early 30s. You make it sound as if when you feel you are ready you can just go to a supermarket and pick up a man. I don't think it can be that easy.

When you are in your early twenties, or even just above eighteen, there are lots of suitors:
- Boys your age want to go out with you.
- Men slightly older than you want to go out with you.
- Single or divorced men much older than you want to go out with you!

So at this level the girl gets a lot of attention. This is the age at which the phrase "every girl has a suitor" is actually true.

When you are in your very late twenties or thirties, this is the case:
- The 'good' men your age are engaged. Taken.
- Men slightly older than you are married.
- Men much older than you are 'old men' as far as you are concerned.

The few single men are still going to be dating women in their early twenties, as well as people closer to your age (I would)! And to make matters worse, your 'taste' would have improved, with all the extra education and work experience. This is when ladies start having serious doubts about whether it's "ok to date married men"tongue.

The point is this. If men are getting married at 25, women have to get married at 23. If men are getting married at 28, 29 then women have to get married at 24, 25. Because men will not date women who are older than them, but we would gladly date women who are much younger. As far as I know, the most eligible men get married earlier than the 'strugglers' and 'players' you are trying to avoid.

A lady should not prepare for marriage by 'waiting' for maturity. You should prepare for it by getting matured faster. Now exactly how is one to get matured faster? We'll have to the relationship experts, but I don't think it means burying yourself in a demanding career or field of study while your friends are dating and getting married!
undecided
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Bakrabas: 8:47am On Jun 18, 2023
People with savage reply have been on nairaland since inception
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:27pm On Aug 17, 2023
Bakrabas:
People with savage reply have been on nairaland since inception

Lol
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Seeker3: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2023
Resurrection of the dead grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Queens Of Sex: Nigeria’s Multimillionaire Aphrodisiac Sellers / 16 Funny Ways To Reply 'i Love You' (if You Don't Love The Person Back) / Nigerian Men Used As Sex Machine By Rich South Korean Ladies - Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.