Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,064 members, 7,970,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:33 AM

Why Ph Women Want Kidnapping To Continue - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Ph Women Want Kidnapping To Continue (812 Views)

Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? / Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? / Husband Having Affairs And Not Admitting It But Wants To Continue His Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ph Women Want Kidnapping To Continue by StFunmi(f): 11:36pm On Feb 26, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Why PH women want kidnapping to continue

By Agency Reporter

The kidnapping business might be a reprehensible one but it sure has its good sides. Who best should tell the world of the good sides of kidnapping but the man who is governor of one of the states with a reputation for kidnapping - Rivers State?

Last week, while Governor Rotimi Amaechi was at the Lagos Country Club on a visit, someone asked him what he was doing to tackle the spate of kidnapping his state was fast developing a reputation for.

After he had spoken on the efforts of the state to combat kidnapping, his face wore a mischievous grin as he explained why their efforts were almost thwarted by Port Harcourt women.

"While the siege lasted, men stayed at home more for fear of kidnappers," he said.

"Wives, of course, had opportunity to get close to their absentee husbands.

The other side of the whole thing is that more babies were made during this period.

Now that kidnapping has even reduced, the men have started going out once more, to their wives chagrin,"

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/feb/26/411.html
Re: Why Ph Women Want Kidnapping To Continue by KarmaMod(f): 11:38pm On Feb 26, 2009
Rofl.

That's kinda sad though, only way they to get attention at home. O ga o.
Re: Why Ph Women Want Kidnapping To Continue by StFunmi(f): 11:43pm On Feb 26, 2009
That's what women go through in Nigeria. They literally beg their husbands to come home and eat at night. Women, if he walks like Sauron and quacks like Sauron, he's definitely like Sauron. Run run run.
Re: Why Ph Women Want Kidnapping To Continue by otokx(m): 3:18pm On Feb 27, 2009
who is sauron?
Re: Why Ph Women Want Kidnapping To Continue by olanajim(m): 9:25am On Feb 28, 2009
Otokx, I guess he is the lord of the Ring!

@st Funmi,
That implies that ph men are somewhat detached from their wives before the "Mannapping." That is a poor family values,
Re: Why Ph Women Want Kidnapping To Continue by StFunmi(f): 8:18am On Mar 02, 2009
Housewives happy with Bauchi curfew
From Ali Garba, Bauchi

IT is honeymoon all over again for several hitherto lonely married women in Bauchi State, courtesy of the curfew imposed on the state following recent disturbances in the area.

And for many reveling in rekindled conjugal bliss, they couldn't care less if the dusk-to-dawn curfew continues eternally as the development has compelled their husbands to stay indoors from 5p.m. to 7a.m. the next day

Governor Isa Yuguda imposed the curfew on the entire Bauchi metropolis to curtail a religious crisis that erupted in some parts of the state capital last Friday.

One of the married women told The Guardian: "If not because of the food items in the house that will finish and we will have to buy them again, and we need money to do other things and the children are still going to school, my wish is let the curfew be increased to 24 hours; no going out completely, so that I will have my husband in full."

Another one, Mrs. Amina James, said: "Thank God for the curfew! My husband never had time for his family; every day is work. He wakes up early in the morning and gets set for work when the children are still sleeping and comes back home at 10 or 11 p.m. when the children are sleeping. The children are not used to their father; same for me. To be sincere, I am enjoying the curfew; I wish government would extend the time of the curfew from 4p.m. to 7am and let it remain like that for a year."

After closing at work, many married men in Bauchi often hang out at pepper soup joints and beer parlous where they are joined by their girlfriends and mistresses for a good time till late in the night before they head home to tell tall tales to their often worried wives.

Defending this, a Bauchi resident, Mr. John Barau told The Guardian that, "it is good for a man to hang around with friends after closing from work.

According to him, many married men head for fun spots after closing from work because of problems at home.

His words: "Women are always demanding; they are just like children and don't know when you have enough money or when you are broke. For me, coupled with work stress, staying out is to douse tension before going home."

However, to a clergyman, Pastor Ishaya Jatau, responsible men should go home after finishing the business of the day.

He said: "Who will take care of your children properly when you are not there? It is very imperative for husbands to go home after closing from office.

"If they will use the time and money wasted in the beer parlous, pepper soups joint and gambling houses, wasted on prostitutes and unnecessary things that are not beneficial to their families, to play with their children at home and prepare them for the great challenges of life, it would be better for them and the country in the future."

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/feb/28/5.html

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Role Of Church In Marriage Apart From Joining / How Will U Like Ur Family To Be / What Will Do If Your Dad Always Comes Home Drunk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.