Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,658 members, 7,951,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 11:30 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (551764 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 11:26am On Oct 22, 2010
@chux4liv, are you saying i dont know the difference btwn a 2 year college and a full university?, lol,anyway check all the universities(over 10 universities) under the A&M university system in texas and you will be shocked!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2010
femiap:

@chux4liv, are you saying i dont know the difference btwn a 2 year college and a full university?, lol,anyway check all the universities(over 10 universities) under the A&M university system in texas and you will be shocked!!!!!!
That is pretty cool, Hope they are not so keen when it comes to student working off campus ? becos most states are hell bent on the rule, of student not working off campus and must not exceed the 20 hrs/wk shit withing school campus
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2010
@ Dantecmu, guy this is NEVER a good advise to give him. Whether he bragged or not is not the issue at hand we are all here to proffer him with the best possible solution to help him out. I understand his situation and even that California he stays ranks #1 in the US with cut throat housing cost then add to his tuition and you'll see a year there can make one run bankrupt so it's not his fault. He may not have made proper research initially and most people are victims.
Anyway, OjaP there's also one thing that stricked my mind now. You may want to apply for this DV Green Card lottery, applications are open and ongoing. It wouldn't affect you as your already inside the US.
@ house, WARNING to all those intending to apply for F1 visas. Never make the mistake of attempting to apply for the DV lottery. Cos once you do, your info enters their system. And we all know all visa applicants are presumed immigrants so when you enter the embassy your records are checked in their system. You info shows up you already applied for the DV lottery which is immigrant in nature and meanwhile now you dey apply for F1 meaning you want to use it as an avenue to jet off sharp sharp. It automatically sends off the red signal to the consular and you know what that means,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 1:42pm On Oct 22, 2010
@ naggy
if this is true, men na good talk you talk oooooo. Listen everyone who wants to apply for an F-1 visa
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2010
@ Naggy, I don't want to believe the fact that applying for Visa lottery will cause the consular to reject you for F-1 Visa on ground of one immigrant status through lottery, because its logical, Do you want to tell me that all the people who were given F-1 Visa on Nairaland never applied for visa lottery in their own time while they were in Nigeria It may interest you to know that there are people who applied for student visa ; read the thread from A-Z) whose parent/siblings where permanent residence through American visa lottery and were granted visa. Though they never declared the fact that they have their family member there. To me If one applies for visa lottery and then applies for schooling, they are two different thing which consular will interview you on,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 2:12pm On Oct 22, 2010
@naggy, i have two friends that went to the US for their masterss this august and we all played the visa lottery together,so basically i dont think it affects you F1 chances.
@dantecmu, Dude i dont think you are in the position to advice anybody to apply for visiting visa instead of student visa because of money issue.Nobody is saying the educational journey will be easy but with hardwork and positive mind things go better.
This thread was created for us to encourage each other in relations to studying in the USA,if we all want to get yankee visiting visa we know where to go.
Even if ojap was bragging as claimed by you,as a man you shld have kept it to your humble self because this young man needs encouragement and motivation not bad mouthing.I dont have anything against you oh but just want you to know ojap trust the peeps on this thread for him to share his issue, and remember problem shared is half solved!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2010
OjaP:

@Dantecmu,why are you taking it so personal,where on this thread was i bragging that i have enough money??Even if i brag,do you  know what has happened to me or what i am facing to have posted that?Anyway,i refuse to trade words with you.@djunit1 and clickjane,i appreciate your comments.Can i have both of you emails so we can exchange emails or probably chat?

Ojap i hold nothing against you so trust me i aint taking nothing personal,  remember when u asked on changing university i told you to be calm down, also i fink inside of you you almost lost the battle less than 48hrs into the US, my advise to you once again is be mindful of info disseminated the advise i gave you still remains the best and it is achievable with patience and prayers, also note that we are not the only readers of this open platform and so we should be careful,  i cant and wont wish you bad,but for the sake of prospective applicants lets be carefull.

femiap:

@naggy, i have two friends that went to the US for their masterss this august and we all played the visa lottery together,so basically i dont think it affects you F1 chances.
@dantecmu, Dude i dont think you are in the position to advice anybody to apply for visiting visa instead of student visa because of money issue.Nobody is saying the educational journey will be easy but with hardwork and positive mind things go better.
This thread was created for us to encourage each other in relations to studying in the USA,if we all want to get yankee visiting visa we know where to go.
Even if ojap was bragging as claimed by you,as a man you shld have kept it to your humble self because this young man needs encouragement and motivation not bad mouthing.I dont have anything against you oh but just want you to know ojap trust the peeps on this thread for him to share his issue, and remember problem shared is half solved!!!!!!

femiap from ma own analysis i know 70percent of applicants for F1 visa know from the beginning if they can financially afford the tuition fees or not right from the onset well unforeseen circumstances am not ruling that out , my advise went out to those who where finkin of coming to the US through a means to immigrate into the system , visiting visa still remains a better means than student visa because wif visiting visa you wont be faced with as much financial stress as you would be with student visa any means still remains a means , like i said we all know ourselves and what our intentions are, as regards to OJAPS case his in his in so no looking back but at the same time like a broder would advise a broder i have advised him,

ciao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by princeaded(m): 3:36pm On Oct 22, 2010
NEED SHENGEN VISA THAT WILL ENABLE YOU TO ENTER 26 COUNTRIES,DUBAI VISA,SOUTH AFRICA VISA.JUST CALL ME ON MY PHONE, 07033307912.prince_adedeji@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by clickjane: 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2010
@ ojap, watz the condition of your status right now? When is your current semester tuition you paid for is expiring? Have you also tried payment plan? The first time you came into the school that's wat you would have done "using payment plan" so when you find out that things aren't that good then you survey for another school that is less cheaper in terms of tuitions and transfer, though you would need to finish a semester from your current school before the transfer will be granted but you would still pay less with payment plan so you arrange yourself with the little cash you still have remaining. If there is anything you want us to discuss about.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 9:11pm On Oct 22, 2010
Haha, see me see attack. Na wetin now? I didn't ask anyone not to apply for lottery oh, it's a personal choice. I only just gave my two cents based on what an intl' student advisor told me. And if you think about it, it is wise. They would be absolutely right to presume that applicant as an intending immigrant and deny the person right there and then without any cause or explanation. It is not compulsory every DV applicant for F1 visa must be rejected though cos consulars may exercise rights at their own discretion. But the US website has clearly stated it and someone now applying for the lottery is an obvious demonstration of intents to immigrate so it is not advisable. If you were the consular, what would you think of the person? ''You just applied for immigrant visa and now coming again for F1, as in that is your an avenue to move out''. Abeg be sensitive and logical to these minor things!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 9:39pm On Oct 22, 2010
America nor easy, Nah God go save us here. My friends make una nor worry God go help us get waivers, my only advice is that please do not quit from the schools, you can change schools or courses but do not quit oh, make we hold on there and try to get good grades so we can have something to show for the whole troubles. We Bless God foreverything.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 10:56pm On Oct 22, 2010
@ all House members, I think The thread should be for what it is suppose to be
General U.S.A Student visa enquiries,

OjaP, this kind mata no be for the whole house now, Goodluck to the spring visa hopefuls, make una no let them hijack the thread oh, lol

Peace out peeps!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 11:57pm On Oct 22, 2010
clickjane:

@ OjaP, don't declare anything to anybody yet. If your semester is over; the next semester the school is gonna place you out-of-status meaning you are no longer paying your tutions. While you are out of status you can as well meet friends around that you can use their id and search for job then continue with life before your visa expires, along the same process you find a lady wey go fit accept you for who you are! That's america for you bro.; struggles with one way or another! Na so we take survive oh!

Even though we get issues, this is by far the best post that has ever hit this thread since it was created. I salute you for this one. One Love
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 12:05am On Oct 23, 2010
Nairalander una funny small
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by clickjane: 12:08am On Oct 23, 2010
bomly:

Nairalander una funny small

@ bomly, how funny? if you got any idea for the guy, why not post so we can reason with your view?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 12:16am On Oct 23, 2010
I have posted my ideas.
1) Take things easy, you cannot do more than you can do
2) Focus on your studies and make sure you do not drop out of school
3) Get good grades and secure a tuition waiver for yourself
4) If you can get a woman fine but if you nor see nor kill yourself, Jeje we go dey live the life dey go, everyone is facing their own challenges, nah small small we go dey do am dey go.
5) Pray and put God first.

Least I forgot: Play Visa Loterry lol. Anyway no worry you would be fine, I think this people are very flexible, them nor go kill you nah abi.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bato231: 12:21am On Oct 23, 2010
pls i need the format for sponsorship letter to the embassy or affidavit of support. Expecting from the house. Thhanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by clickjane: 12:29am On Oct 23, 2010
bomly:

I have posted my ideas.
4) If you can get a woman fine but if you nor see nor kill yourself, Jeje we go dey live the life dey go, everyone is facing their own challenges, nah small small we go dey do am dey go.
Least I forgot: Play Visa Loterry lol. Anyway no worry you would be fine, I think this people are very flexible, them nor go kill you nah abi.

@bomly, remember na him first semester oh and money don dey finish? How him won take pay for other semesters and get tuition waiver?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 12:34am On Oct 23, 2010
Bato I think this could be what you're asking about

Embassy of the United States of America,

Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,

Central District Area,
Abuja.

To Whom It May Concern:

LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP FOR XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I, Honorable Justice xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the father of xxxxxxxxxxxxx, give the undertaking that I will bear the total cost of my daughter's / son’s educational, living and other expenses at xxxxxxxxxx University, USA for his or her Master’s Program or undergraduate programe in Medicine, Pharmacy. The amount of $30,500 has been set aside for her Undergraduate Master’s degree pursuit.
Miss or Mr or Mrs --------------- is my second child and only daughter and I take complete responsibility of meeting her above-mentioned expenses out of my family savings and my current income.

Yours faithfuly,
Signature for here
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

something close to this nor bad.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bato231: 12:58am On Oct 23, 2010
@bomly, thanks, any other format from the house
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by clickjane: 1:37am On Oct 23, 2010
bato231:

@bomly, thanks, any other format from the house

@bato231,

22nd October, 2010

The Consular,
United State of America,
Walter Carrington Crescent,
Victoria Island,
Lagos.

Dear Consular,

RE: LETTER OF INTRODUCTION AND SPONSORSHIP FOR MR. BATO.

I hereby write to inform your Embassy that the above named visa applicant is my biological son. He has been offered an admission at (your school name), (The State and the country)  to study (your course on this place).

I decided to sponsor him to study the above course in the above named institution regardless of any economical or financial circumstances and he is going with the full consent of the entire family.

All require financial support will be given by me including his tuition, living books and other expenses while at (your school name), (The State and the country).

He is expected to return back to Nigeria immediately after the completion of his course of study at (your school name), (The State and the country).

Attach herewith are:

 My person bank statement of account (First Bank Plc.)
 My company certificate of incorporation.

I sincerely hope that you will grant him required study visa to enable him acquire qualitative and standard education.

Do not hesitate to contact me if the need arises.

Yours faithfully,

(your Father’s name and Signature)

Note: The letter has to be typed on your father’s company letter headed. I hope this will help.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 2:10am On Oct 23, 2010
Ojap i think since u are here u shouldn't be posting your status on the internet. U can hook up with some house members who are already here privately than washing your dirty linen outside. If u remember when u called me i gave u the best advice u can get but somehow u didn't get back to me. California is a big state and loads of opportunities but it depends on what u wanna do. U have to gather your resources together and see what u can do for yourself.
I think u are the best person to decide what u wanna do. Whether to go back home or to stay put come rain come sun.
My Brother, its not easy here but people are managing it and hiding it. As its happening to u its happening to everybody.

Welcome to America
Land of the free, home of the brave. grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 2:49am On Oct 23, 2010
oyewolejos:

Ojap i think since u are here u shouldn't be posting your status on the internet. U can hook up with some house members who are already here privately than washing your dirty linen outside. If u remember when u called me i gave u the best advice u can get but somehow u didn't get back to me. California is a big state and loads of opportunities but it depends on what u wanna do. U have to gather your resources together and see what u can do for yourself.
I think u are the best person to decide what u wanna do. Whether to go back home or to stay put come rain come sun.
My Brother, its not easy here but people are managing it and hiding it. As its happening to u its happening to everybody.

Welcome to America

Good talk bros but abeg any info go help every body for the house, whether you don jand or still dey naija. Any thing wey you know abeg tll us make we know as e dey go. People wey still dey naija too go learn from the thing. Hope you see it the way I see it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bato231: 4:06am On Oct 23, 2010
@clickjane, thanks, expecting more from the house.

@ojap @oyewolejs @superbrain @house, everybody
pls start giving info, aspa embassy for spring 2011
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by clickjane: 5:10am On Oct 23, 2010
djunit1:

Good talk bros but abeg any info go help every body for the house, whether you don jand or still dey naija. Any thing wey you know abeg tll us make we know as e dey go. People wey still dey naija too go learn from the thing. Hope you see it the way I see it.

oyewolejos:

Ojap i think since u are here u shouldn't be posting your status on the internet. U can hook up with some house members who are already here privately than washing your dirty linen outside. If u remember when u called me i gave u the best advice u can get but somehow u didn't get back to me. California is a big state and loads of opportunities but it depends on what u wanna do. U have to gather your resources together and see what u can do for yourself. [b]I think u are the best person to decide what u wanna do. Whether to go back home or to stay put come rain come sun.[/b]My Brother, its not easy here but people are managing it and hiding it. As its happening to u its happening to everybody.

Welcome to America

@djunit1, I've advised ojap and i've told him to take his time think but the earlier the better for him cos this is how I experienced it when I first enter america last yr. I had to go back home cos the 4500$ I came with finished and my friend in kansas had to send 100$ make I for fit eat before my depature back home so I can re-enforce myself again. I was out of status cos I didn't pay for my next semester when I left for naija. I didn't even bother them. I had to apply to another school, use the I-20 enter america with my former school visa on my passport! Today, am in Baltimore I had to forget everything going to school cos American institutions believe in accepting money its none of their business if you survive or die as long as you are able to pay their fees. Men, this part of the world is crazy. We don't believe things like this happen until when we come and see for ourselves and it makes naija guys to be strong. Naija people are reading this and they won't still understand until they are welcome! America na patient oh, if you won survive!

@oyewolejos, i guess going back home will be the best solution so he can re-think and refocus and have aim of where is going at the next level and i've warned him not pay any cent to the school busary again, I guess he listen to this advice.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 6:15am On Oct 23, 2010
Where are the spring applicants?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 7:22am On Oct 23, 2010
Ojap

courage man!!!!!!! life no easy anywhere. push forward
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by notjustok: 8:47am On Oct 23, 2010
I salute all naija people wey dey yankeee e no easy but God pass them, Ojap nurin do u like it is said welcome to America land of the brave, Patience and America na the same name carry am, nurin do u nurin do we ,

ciao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 12:15pm On Oct 23, 2010
@clickjane,

I was expecting to meet you on mesenger but you never show. I sent you an offline, and no response too

Check your IM and holla back.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2010
bomly:

I have posted my ideas.

@bomly, thanks for this above encouragement, but how can one secure a tuition waiver?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2010
Whao! So much has gone down since my last post. Anyway, God dey.

@ ojap, good decision. Like they say, a lizard in Nigeria would not become an alligator in America. What I mean is that irrespective of location, your survival instincts must come to play. Don't let your present circumstance deter you or cause you to make a decision that will rob you of future gains. I believe you have re-evaluated your situation and thought out your options properly. What I can chip in is that you must have an option B,C, and D. Explore every option but never back down. For those advising him to return, have you considered what a waste it would be? The already paid tuition? Travel costs incurred? Other miscellaneous expenses? Obviously, there is a bail-out option. He just has to discover it. I remember how oyewolejos(bros, I hail thee) reiterated it on this thread about how expensive schooling in the US is and on how independent you ought to be. Please let's all take a cue.

@ seniorak47, I will advise they apply for visitors visa first before anything else. Your wife can then apply for a graduate program at your institution or any other close by (if your funds permit) and then they will be able to join you. If you're on a STEM program, you will still have to do your OPT. By then, she can be schooling while your kids attend school there. I won't advise any other route.

@ house, to those applying for undergraduate studies, try Minnesota State University, Moorhead and Mankanto campuses. There is a lot of tuition reduction for international students.

I may not be applying for the visa this spring as I'm not yet satisfied with my admission package. Still trying to sort out funding issues with my department. If it doesn't work out by next week, it'll be deuces to spring 2011 while I explore my option C which is for fall 2011.

Who is ready for his/her interview? We need the victory reports to start coming in. Masepat, where art thou?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by savemysoul: 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2010
@Ojap, i just appreciate your spirit, yes things is not easy out there but you were able to survive Nigeria, so why NOT America, please keep the spirit up and enjoy your staying God is your strength!

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.