Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,288 members, 7,881,072 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:51 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (548642 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2010
@James2020

In your I-20 what is the amount specified by your school to cover your educational and living expenses for one academic year? Hold it just do the Maths yourself. Simply convert the sum indicated on the I-20 into NGN and check it against what your sponsor has in his account. If the converted sum meets up to the funds in your sponsor's account then you should be fine. On the other hand if it doesn't, then you might be running on insufficient funds which I have no idea on how you'll remedy cos it is generally unadvisable to deposit large sums of payment shortly before an interview unless you have concrete evidence as proof. So check your situation and get back to the house or preferably contact a trusted member privately for more advisement. And bro I know a problem shared is half solved but in doing so don't violate your privacy. I am talking about how you post certain personal issues on a public forum like this.

On the area of having a different sponsor like a relative, it might be wise to get an Affidavit of Support and/or some sort of introductory letter. However also be prepared to explain to the consular if asked, how and why the sponsor other than your parents has taken the responsibility to finance your education. Hope it helps.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 9:44am On Nov 29, 2010
@James2020,
Naggy has said it all either your dad or your uncle sponsoring you ,the balance of the account must have your tuition and living expenses(the total is on your I-20) and one more thing, for a concrete prove try to get a sworn affidavit (this can be done at ikeja with a stamp ) with a letter from him that show his the one sponsoring your school stuff.just brought out this ideal to give you little stress at the embassy.

Good luck bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 10:05am On Nov 29, 2010
@naggy u are d best, @layric u b baba, my i-20 reads dat my sponsor must hv $23344 dollars which is N3501600, but my sponsor has in his company or skul a/c plus that of his personal account amount worth of N3556335, he promised 2 also make another statement of a/c available to me to make it up to 4.5 million. My question is this(1) Does he need to provide d company tax since he has gvn me d personal income.
(2) How can he write d introduction letter, and
(3) I hope getting affidavit of support frm d high court is okay? I need advice, good ppl, great youths
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 10:38am On Nov 29, 2010
James2020, these are your reply:

(1) It is not a requirement. If the company tax document is available, you may wish to take it along with you but it is optional.
(2) Go back and start somewhere around page 140 upwards, of this thread where some great members took their time to post like two or more format on how the introduction letter should appear. Copy it down and give to your sponsor to write it officially preferably using his company's letterhead, signed and stamped.
(3) Yes, a sworn Affidavit of Support in a high or divisional court is highly recommended.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2010
Masepat were you dey?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2010
seedord247:

Masepat were you dey?
I was almost asking the same question.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2010
I keep refreshing this page every 10 minute, Masepat and Co make una con share una success story bcus i knew the God of Nairaland has done it again.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2010
Masepat and co abeg hw una dey? Abeg mek una tell us mek we get hope.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2010
House,
If you plan to have your interview in Lagos, please avoid the Indian guy in counter 3.
He denied about 12 people before me (please note that I am not exagerating), and denied me too.
My estimated amount for studies in a year is $40,600. My sponsor (aunty) was to pay $28,100, while I was to co-sponsor myself with $12,500. I had all documentary evidences and convincing things to say about both finances. I was denied on the grounds that someone who is not my biological parent will not spend so much on me. He kept on repeating $40,600. The sponsor's thing had been my greatest fear and I knew I was going to be questioned greatly about it; so I was prepared. Unfortunately, he refused to even allow me speak. The interview was smooth and he kept on saying beautiful until we got to finances.

My dear friends, just pray that you have good luck when you go. When we got in, there was just one consular attending to everybody. Immediately my batch entered, we knew he was problematic but I made up my mind to fight to the last. At a point, it became obvious the guy was just an idiot. Unfortunately, he could not be avoided because he was the only one interviewing at that time.
I'll post the dialog soon.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by moniecom: 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2010
@James and anyone going for U.S visa interview
Try your best to go to abuja for your Visa interview and not Lagos.In Abuja,Nigerians are treated more with respect and are given the opportunity to express themselves during the interview.In Lagos consular officers believe anyone,even people who are not student pretend to be students in order to travel to the U.S , that is their mentality.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2010
@Masapat

I'm really sorry, i don't even know what to say cus i feel like crying from the outset of your typing, can you still get another appt?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by moniecom: 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2010
@Masepat
   Do not be discouraged.My advice to you is to get a cheaper school and a scholarship and go to Abuja for your interview.For the fact that you have an aunty in the U.s or somebody in the U.S,you need to be able to proof to the consular officer that you have strong ties to Nigeria.This conviences him that you will return back to Nigeria after your studies.More than 50% of the reason for visa refusal and especially student  visa is lack of convincing evidence that you have strong ties to Nigeria and you will come back Nigeria to Nigeria.If you need  help in getting a cheaper school and scholarship we will be willing to help you.Visit www.mainforceconsult.com.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 6:43pm On Nov 29, 2010
moniecom:

@James  and anyone going for U.S visa interview
       Try your best to go to abuja for your Visa interview and not Lagos.In Abuja,Nigerians are treated more with respect and are given the opportunity to express themselves during the interview.In Lagos consular officers believe anyone,even people who are not student pretend to be students in order to travel to the U.S , that is their mentality.

This is not the matter of choosing where to have your interview, it can happen to anyone, at least Benom and Ojap got theirs in Lagos and we also have pple that have been denied in Abuja as well that they don't even bother of sharing their experience all bcus of shame. Please pple still going for interview you have to pray hard whether you are a Muslim or Christian or if you can sleep in the mosque or in d church 5 days b4 your interview please do and don't let anyone put fear in you.

In God I Trust
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2010
@masepat, thats sad news,@naggy and layric, i have same fears, i want my uncle to sign an affidavit of support that upon my dads death he took over his business that goods worth millions of naira were gvn 2 him 2 manage and some cash lodgement were made into his a/c to help foster the agreement we had b4 my dads death, and also he takes care of my late fathers property, and other assets and all these will be made available to me on my graduation frm d skul, wats ur advice?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2010
@moniecom, my interview is at abuja, that has been my fears. Now what do u guys advice me on my suggestion
@masepat, dnt gv up, look 4 cheaper skuls, also try to make establishment dat u hv a base here in naija lyk ur family house, future employment and fat account. U'll succeed ok.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Edirin0147(m): 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2010
Gud evening house
I'm happy about this thread and with God we have good news this week also need an advise on one hand about me cause I need to know what to say about me doing for two ohh years from 2008 to 2010.I'm thinking of saying working with my dad in his company cause he is the one sponsoring it but don't have document on that so I need the house to advise me on what to say will be very glad to here from you all thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2010
James2020

All these one your writing is just LONG STORY. Which consular will have time to read/listen to all these your write ups. One quick question, does your uncle bear the same surnames with you? If yes, you might as well claim him as your dad, get him to write the letters and swear the affidavits, getting a new birth certificate bearing his name and backdated might even help and rest all these your stories. AND PLSSSS MAINTAIN SOME LEVEL OF PRIVACY, SPEAK TO SOMEONE PERSONALLY AND WHEN U CAN'T BY AT SOMETHING TANGIBLE POST YOUR GENERAL ISSUES FOR JOINT ADVISE FROM EVERYONE!!

@ Masepat: it's such a sad story (I'm so sorry) but one advise I have, follow your heart even ''at first you don't succeed dust yourself up and try again.'' remember winners never quit even in the face of failure. Perseverance counts, never give up on God and HE will never give up on you. It is well brother!

Generally, I've been in low spirits all day. Today wasn't just favourable to our house members but let us not loose hope. I've down with all these sad news and I don't want this to add more so am out for now but will be following up from behind the scene. Peace to you all!

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 8:19pm On Nov 29, 2010
Naggy
you took the words of ma mouth

james2020:

@masepat, thats sad news,@naggy and layric, i have same fears, i want my uncle to sign an affidavit of support that upon my dads death he took over his business that goods worth millions of naira were gvn 2 him 2 manage and some cash lodgement were made into his a/c to help foster the agreement we had b4 my dads death, and also he takes care of my late fathers property, and other assets and all these will be made available to me on my graduation frm d skul, wats your advice?

You sound desperate all this for visa calm down easy does it, Nobody has time for all this document you are preparing read through ma post when my visa was issued i presented nothing i repeat ma self nothing nothing nothing, know your onions as regards your school and all and pray for divine favor, all da best and once again easy does it

ciao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2010
@dantecmu, i only hv fears and want my prblms 2 b gvn a help frm u guys, but i knw God is d ultimate. My uncle dont hv same name wit me, i'm just confused at that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by tochuksj(m): 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2010
all those having the problem of family and sponsor probs. Masepat and Co. Jst try to add me 2 ur yahoo messenger id. Goldphils@yahoo.com so dat we can talk. I have gotten great advice 4 u. Take kia.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 10:51pm On Nov 29, 2010
@masepat, i'm really sorry about ur story. That Indian guy is a really terrrible person. He denied virtually everyone he interviewed the day i had my interview. I just thank God I didn't fall into his hand. The chineese woman is way way more lenient compared to him.
Guys, u don't really need to choose ur interview post. All u need to do is to pray and hope for the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sunnela: 7:39am On Nov 30, 2010
MASEPAT, PLEASE DONT TAKE THAT I-20 TO EMBASSY AGAIN OH

WHICH KIND SCHOOL PUT $40,000 PLUS FOR I-20 PER YEAR SEF? I BET IT'S ONE OF THOSE 5000 STUDENTS PRIVATE SCHOOLS
MOST SKOOLS PUT A SLIGHTLY LESSER AMOUNT THAN WHAT U'LL END UP PAYING FOR THE SCH YEAR IF U NOTICE,
(COS THEY WONT ADD ALL THE LAB, SPORT, FEES ETC YET)

LESSON 4 ALL: NO EVER CARRY I-20 WITH OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNT GO EMBASSY OH, 
ME SEF GO BOUNCE U WITH DANGOTE STATEMENT,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 8:45am On Nov 30, 2010
@ MAsepat, I'm so sorry for what happened. I do not even know what to say. But I think another school with a lesser tuition would be better.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by meruks07: 9:14am On Nov 30, 2010
pls i need 2 knw d kinds of question they ask at embassy because my appointment is next week
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 9:18am On Nov 30, 2010
@masepat,
I am very very sorry for what happen,infact am not in a god mood right now but pls can you add me to your messenger so we can talk we can get a way out of this .Dont worry about your I20 or the fee ,lets work something out and see how you go back in there and get the visa.
Here is my id layric01 add me i have some suggestion and i want us to talk privately.

Sorry once again bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 10:26am On Nov 30, 2010
benom&layric i need to talk to you pple.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 11:42am On Nov 30, 2010
Guys,
Thank you all.
Please I want to re-apply on the grounds that I do not think my application was carefully considered. I don't think it is right for them to always feel that someone whose sponsor is not a direct parent will not eventually be able to pay or is not sincere. I am not an orphan but does it mean that people who are orphans and who have uncles/aunties that are willing to sponsor them cannot get quality education from the US?

Please my sponsor is in Nigeria and not in the US as some people here feel.

I'll like to have your honest opinions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 12:20pm On Nov 30, 2010
masepat

You have a slim chance of success if you re-apply with same school's I-20.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2010
@aroy can we talk on YM am online now, belly4eva2001@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2010
masepat

VOs' of foreign missions know a lot about our culture. He was much right, and I think his colleagues would agree with him if you reapply, that it is rare in Nigerian culture for an aunt/uncle to be willing to spend so much on their cousin. Both of us also know that is correct. If your case is genuine, then your case really is an exception. But I doubt if they will believe you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 12:33pm On Nov 30, 2010
seedord247

I will be unable to chat with you right now. I am sorry.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2010
aroy1,

sorry one quick question: those members that were denied and reapplied and still got their visas does that mean they used a different school's I-20 for reapplication? Like I remember one chiazagom and should that be OjaP or somebody else. How about their cases? It beats me!

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.