Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,531 members, 7,951,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 12:31 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (551740 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2011
cleverdude:

@house, i was bounced! My school resumes on 22nd aug. Can i still book b4 then 4 my second, will post my experience later!

sorry mahn!!! sure u can book again, get the receipt and by tommorow, u should be able to book but bro, getting expedited date wont be easy at all.

but keep watching and praying!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 7:09pm On Jul 06, 2011
lilchukky wat u said is tru ooo,but wen i went dere on monday i stayed wit d okada man tru out the immigration check in,but thank God i went dere today again and this time i paid successfully wink wink wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2011
at cleverdude i am vry sorry 4 d bad newsGod will see you tru sad
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 7:15pm On Jul 06, 2011
cleverdude:

@house, i was bounced! My school resumes on 22nd aug. Can i still book b4 then 4 my second, will post my experience later!

I feel your pains but you can still apply for another date before your resumption date.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2011
@shema talk 2 dizyfrenzy on yahoo msger,am sure u 2 can work something cs he is bin a gr8 guy,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shema: 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2011
@gbaski, 10x a mill, wud do dat
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by adexploits(m): 9:43pm On Jul 06, 2011
Seems it is a mad rush for visa interview appointments now! Can someone please tell me if it is still possible to get a July date? I wrote on my DS-160 page that I would like to travel on August 9th( two weeks before my August 23rd appointment). Does my school resumption qualify me for an expedited visa application? cry grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 2:39am On Jul 07, 2011
shavel:

great nairalanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, myforumid got his visa this morning at the abuja consulate, praise thy lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks House and my friend Shavel for letting the House know about my success at the US Embassy in Abuja.

imperiouxx:

I thank God for myforumid. I'm still waiting for cleverdude's report. Our ever perfect God will never fail us all and I shall come out  successful too when its my own turn. Amen!

However, I hope it was the standard deviation loving V.O that interviewed him and was left with no deuce by nairalander myforumid. Whoever it was, its now

US Embassy 0
NL Member 1
It was a American sweet lady not the Chinko witch oh, God forbid at[b] Counter 7[/b] that interviewed me oh and cleverdude too (Thanks to my friend dizzyfrenzy for giving us the tips of how the officers are arranged at the Hall),
She didnt ask me about Standard deviation but rather "What is a Differential Equation?" and "What is Fluid Mechanics?".
I shall drop all the details hot later after picking my visa today evening (@House, Is this possible and at what time of the day should I go to pick it 2day?[b] I cant tract it online as the links are not active on my account or how is it done? [/b]or Friday morning,
been celebrating my God-given victory since yesterday morning.
Thanks House, I dey kabash for all of ona, both those trying to schedule dates and those whose appointment dates are close. the God who started this will gradually perfect all that concerns us with Visa and yankee education.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 5:55am On Jul 07, 2011
cleverdude:

am really sorry it happened that way brother, But here is a candid advice. You might not wanna take it but i can assure u its the best thing u shld do. I ll advise that u defer ur admission till spring 2012 and the get a date sometime in november. That way, u can choose a convenient date, prepare well and avoid any rush. Call the intl student advusor of ur sch and tell him u wanna defer. Its quite easy, Just dont give up. Can u post ur experience so that we can advice u accordingly and correct any mistakes u made,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tgud3: 9:19am On Jul 07, 2011
@house pls i want to study english and literature,will the v.o ask me questions based on english language.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by najones: 10:06am On Jul 07, 2011
I want to go for a Bsc in Computer science. I don't know what question the VO might wanna ask me about but I was told they ask question abt ur academics. I wanna know if they will ask questn pertaining to your course or just any question. House please help me with a good and straight ans.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2011
@all that have the v.o question experience.

I have seen them asking what is standard deviation(Gen. maths) many times. Now, what is differential equation(MAT 103) and fluid mechanics(PHY 103) pop up again for myforumid like they asked from some other members in the past. Why these? Can these be asked generally from anyone going for science field or only those going for engineering related courses?

Is there particular questions to a particular V.O? Is their questions general and/or specific to ones field sometimes?

Though, I have seen ''what is the symbol for lead and silver'' once and ''what is endemic and pandemic'' once. Fine! But I have not seen more of biological related questions. Well, maybe cleverdude can clear this.

I'm going for MS in Chemistry(Biochemistry), my first degree was Biochemistry and I've been working in a medical research institute for few years now. I won't love all these diff. equ and fluid mech. stuff. Though I have pass through them before.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2011
imperiouxx:

I have seen them asking what is standard deviation(Gen. maths) many times. Now, what is differential equation(MAT 103) and fluid mechanics(PHY 103) pop up again for myforumid like they asked from some other members in the past. Why these? Can these be asked generally from anyone going for science field or only those going for engineering related courses?

Is there particular questions to a particular V.O? Is their questions general and/or specific to ones field sometimes?

Though, I have seen ''what is the symbol for lead and silver'' once and ''what is endemic and pandemic'' once. Fine! But I have not seen more of biological related questions. Well, maybe cleverdude can clear this.

I'm going for MS in Chemistry(Biochemistry), my first degree was Biochemistry and I've been working in a medical research institute for few years now. I won't love all these diff. equ and fluid mech. stuff. Though I have pass through them before.ove all these diff. equ and fluid mech. stuff. Though I have pass through them before.

I think the most important thing is favour that the question you should ask are questions you would be able to answer correctly. I know with God on our side, we will be successful with out interviews.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 2:48pm On Jul 07, 2011
imperiouxx:

I'm going for MS in Chemistry(Biochemistry), my first degree was Biochemistry and I've been working in a medical research institute for few years now. I won't love all these diff. equ and fluid mech. stuff. Though I have pass through them before.ove all these diff. equ and fluid mech. stuff. Though I have pass through them before.

i'd like to point out that the v.o's that ask academic questns are the ones in abuja. I havent heard anyone who went to lag and was asked academic questn. So if ure going to abuja for ur interview and u studied biochem like u said, U shld prepare to answer questns like ''what is an enzyme''. They could also ask you basic questns in CHM 101. I ll also advise that u go and revise ur undergrad project very well. U dnt hav to worry about MTH 101 questns. One woman that came on the day i went there, she was going for MS in biochem and the v.o in counter 8 askd her '' which is more toxic, hydrogen sulphide or hydrogen cyanide'', She failed it sha and she was denied, All the v.o's in abuja ask academic questns.even the chinko woman. She askd a guy going for MS in civil eng '' explain soil mechanics'', The guy didnt say what she wanted to hear and he was denied,
Not trying to scare u, i just want u to have an idea what u might be askd. All is well, dont worry.
imperiouxx:

i'd like to point out that the v.o's that ask academic questns are the ones in abuja. I havent heard anyone who went to lag and was asked academic questn. So if ure going to abuja for ur interview and u studied biochem like u said, U shld prepare to answer questns like ''what is an enzyme''. They could also ask you basic questns in CHM 101. I ll also advise that u go and revise ur undergrad project very well. U dnt hav to worry about MTH 101 questns. One woman that came on the day i went there, she was going for MS in biochem and the v.o in counter 8 askd her '' which is more toxic, hydrogen sulphide or hydrogen cyanide'', She failed it sha and she was denied, All the v.o's in abuja ask academic questns.even the chinko woman. She askd a guy going for MS in civil eng '' explain soil mechanics'', The guy didnt say what she wanted to hear and he was denied,
Not trying to scare u, i just want u to have an idea what u might be askd. All is well, dont worry.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2011
@GboyegaD,

Yeah! God favor is all we need.

@dizyfrenzy,

Is true that the basis and anthem of BCH is enzymes, metabolites and macromolecules. So, if it will be any of my BS courses even my project and seminar, i'm fully set for them as God is on my side.

Hydrogen sulphide is just a pollutant of air and water but cyanide of hydrogen cyanide makes it a bad poison(more toxic) just like arsenic in arsenic based insecticides and poison.

More past experiences for v.o questions needed please.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by najones: 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2011
@house please am going for a Bsc in computer system analysis\analyst. Please how what question am I likely to come across. Please I need your help plz
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 3:43pm On Jul 07, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

i'd like to point out that the v.o's that ask academic questns are the ones in abuja. I havent heard anyone who went to lag and was asked academic questn. So if ure going to abuja for your interview and u studied biochem like u said,  U shld prepare to answer questns like ''what is an enzyme''. They could also ask you basic questns in CHM 101. I ll also advise that u go and revise your undergrad project very well. U dnt hav to worry about MTH 101 questns. One woman that came on the day i went there, she was going for MS in biochem and the v.o in counter 8 askd her '' which is more toxic, hydrogen sulphide or hydrogen cyanide'',  She failed it sha and she was denied,  All the v.o's in abuja ask academic questns.even the chinko woman. She askd a guy going for MS in civil eng '' explain soil mechanics'',  The guy didnt say what she wanted to hear and he was denied

@dizyfrenzy
plz could you tell me recent question or question that have being frequently by VO in Lagos during F1 VISA interview cos my interview is fast approaching. Thnks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2011
@house
can anyone plz tell me recent question or question that have being frequently asked by VO in Lagos during F1 VISA interview cos my interview is fast approaching. Thnks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by totful: 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2011
@House,
I got my visa approved today. The interview was good and it was God's Favour. I actually went to the toilet to avoid the Chinko lady's cubicle(6, today), then met an American man in cubicle 8. Will post details later. Let recollect my thoughts first,, still in celebration mode for now.!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2011
totful:

@House,
I got my visa approved today. The interview was good and it was God's Favour. I actually went to the toilet to avoid the Chinko lady's cubicle(6, today), then met an American man in cubicle 8. Will post details later. Let recollect my thoughts first,, still in celebration mode for now.!!!
Great!!!!! you've done well, nice to hear you made it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2011
this is my experience-

ME:good morning
VO:good morning

ME:passed my docs(passport,i-20,sevis,ds-160)immediately.
VO:ok,let me have your transcripts,test scores,WAEC.

ME:my transcripts were officially mailed to my college,but i hav my SAT and WAEC
VO:ok,let me hav them

MEsadpassed them)
VOsadcarefully looked at my SAT,then started typing)how did you hear about this school.
ME:from the internet,I did a very good research

VO:why did you choose this college(looking at eyeball to eyeball)
ME:It's a very good college with very good facilities for my studies it's also located near mountains,hills rivers etc and those places r good for research.

VO:what about orlando were there r also mountains,hills and all that
ME:my school is also a christian college which gonna help train my christian religion

VOsadnods)why did you choose to study biological sciences
ME:I'm going to contribute to the health welfare of my country a lot.

VO(still tying)what kind of job r you gonna get.
ME:I'll work at a health institution n will help improve the health sector of my country.

VOsadnods,continues typing)who's sponsoring you?
Me my cousin

VOsadstill tying)why is he sponsoring you?
ME:He has been sponsoring my education from primary school.

VOsadnods)can I have his bank statement?
ME:[(OK,I THINK THIS IS WHAT CAUSED MY DENIAL, I have arranged the statement like this, It's a three paged statement,from January to June, First page,transactions for May to June,closing bal=5.9million, second page,March to April,closing bal=3.5million, last page,January to Febuuary,closing bal=1.2million n then stapled them together.) i passed it to her]
VOsaddidn't even bother checking the dates,but was concetrated in closing balances,flips over first page after checking closing bal,flips over second page,immediately she saw the last page and the closing bal.Picks up a white paper)I'm sorry,I don't see you qualified a student's visa(passsed all my docs over to me)

MEsadshocked)can I know the reason pls!
VO:It's on that paper.
ME(packed my doc n left in shocked)

WHEN I WENT OUTSIDE I DISCOVERED WHAT HAPPENED WHEN SHE WAS CHECKING THE STATEMENT I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO COS I COULDN'T RETURN TO HER(I FEEL SHE THOUGHT MY CLOSING BAL WAS 1.2MILLION)

@house that's it o, I'm still in shock n discouraged.My school resumes on the 22nd of aug.

Where do u guys think the mistake came from,in the above interview?
What r my chances of getting it if I reapply?
Will my denial affect my next interview?
Has anyone gotten a visa after their first denial?
Can I get a date b4 aug 22nd even if its on 15th aug?

HOUSE I NEED HELP! I'M DISCOURAGED! THROW MORE LIGHT ON MY ISSUE! PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2011
Where do u guys think the mistake came from,in the above interview? you were denied bcus you can't give a good reason why you choose your scchool and more also your account balance.

What r my chances of getting it if I reapply? try to more about your school and the impact it has made generally also try to boost your staty to sumtine lik 10 miller.

Will my denial affect my next interview? i don't think so, i was denied on my first attempt at lagos consulate and i try my possible best to know where am leaking.

Has anyone gotten a visa after their first denial? yes pple like, bomny, Ojap, masepat and me

Can I get a date b4 aug 22nd even if its on 15th aug? yes you can via black market or emergency date request.

Goodluck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2011
pple am going 4 a social science course am scared oo so i wont be askd science questions ooo.and why will they even ask sombdy going 4 social science course a science question not to talk of sombody going 4 undergraduate studies and as neva entered the 4 walls of a university or higher institution,i pray they dont ask me educational questions,my interview is in lag though.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2011
@cleverdude:
from what u wrote, it wasnt really d acc balance that made her deny u, i think ur problem started when she askd u why u chose d school. She wasnt convinced u knew what u were doing when u chose d school, or that u really had a good reason why u chose d sch, thats why she askd u '' what of orlando where there are mountains too''.the moment a v.o does that, he/she isnt convinced, when we talked on YM,i gave u more points u should av used if they ask u why u chose d sch, and i expected u to say more. Secondly, big red flag was when she askd u who was sponsoring u, i expected u to say ''my uncle'' not ''my cousin''.the v.o will not know if its actually ur uncle or not. U were denied under section 214(b).u can still get a visa if u try again, dont give up. As for the date thing, ts gonna be difficult now that their site self is having probs, i dnt knw if its been rectified sha. I gave myforumid my numba to give u,call me and lets talk,i mite be able to help wit the date stuff,
Its well
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2011
@Cleverdude: I am sorry about this. I believe you can still get it. Reading through this thread, there are folks who got it a week after they were denied. Some, quite later. But they got it. You have to re-package yourself and make a clear case. I believe what dizifrenzy said: She needed to know that you know your school and have reasons for choosing it. Please do a little research then the bank statement thing.

@HOUSE: Please let's encourage those who did not get it. If we read through this thread, many who were rejected like masepat and OjaP later got it before their school's resumption. God will help us all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2011
Please house I need a clarification. I was going through my financial documents when I realized my aunt did not change her statement account from her maiden name thus, the account statement I have carries her maiden name however, the certificate of investment which was what the school used for issuing my I - 20 carries her marital name which was the name I filled as my sponsor on my DS160.
I intend going to the embassy with the statement since she will be liquidating her Treasury Bill later this month into her Current Account and then print the current account to enable me present same at the embassy. I am thinking of going with the Certificate of Investment which carries a maturity date of July 27, 2011 and her statement of account which will be printed some days to my interview to defend that she was investing the monies for my sake.
I will also take along a copy of her marriage certificate to indicate she is the same person however, if she hasn't done a publication informing the public of the her marital status hope it doesn't mean any harm?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2011
dizyfrenzy:

@cleverdude:
from what u wrote, it wasnt really d acc balance that made her deny u, i think your problem started when she askd u why u chose d school. She wasnt convinced u knew what u were doing when u chose d school, or that u really had a good reason why u chose d sch, thats why she askd u '' what of orlando where there are mountains too''.the moment a v.o does that, he/she isnt convinced, when we talked on YM,i gave u more points u should av used if they ask u why u chose d sch, and i expected u to say more. Secondly, big red flag was when she askd u who was sponsoring u, i expected u to say ''my uncle'' not ''my cousin''.the v.o will not know if its actually your uncle or not. U were denied under section 214(b).u can still get a visa if u try again, dont give up. As for the date thing, ts gonna be difficult now that their site self is having probs, i dnt knw if its been rectified sha. I gave myforumid my numba to give u,call me and lets talk,i mite be able to help wit the date stuff,
Its well

@ Cleverdude, i kind of agree with dizy. Try to same something tangible about the school that you will be attending. Something about the faculty, the researches in your dept, the options or concentration, something that makes the school a better choice. Also note that internet is not a sufficient place to discover school; you could tell him something like my father's friend or uncle who works as a consultant at say NIMR suggested the school, infact he graduated from the school. About the job tell him you want to come back to in a place like NIMR, VOM and any other research institute and ultimately become a lecturer in the field in other to help the younger ones. If you feel that your stmts that was not in order is an issue, pls correct that.
A friend of mine told me he was asked why he chose CSU, he answered 'i love the weather', the VO was kind enough to ask whatelse, but he was still buttressing the good weather condition in CA, he was bounced but got it the second time. I wish you the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2011
GboyegaD:

Please house I need a clarification. I was going through my financial documents when I realized my aunt did not change her statement account from her maiden name thus, the account statement I have carries her maiden name however, the certificate of investment which was what the school used for issuing my I - 20 carries her marital name which was the name I filled as my sponsor on my DS160.
I intend going to the embassy with the statement since she will be liquidating her Treasury Bill later this month into her Current Account and then print the current account to enable me present same at the embassy. I am thinking of going with the Certificate of Investment which carries a maturity date of July 27, 2011 and her statement of account which will be printed some days to my interview to defend that she was investing the monies for my sake.
I will also take along a copy of her marriage certificate to indicate she is the same person however, if she hasn't done a publication informing the public of the her marital status hope it doesn't mean any harm?
It is not too late to update her name change at the bank and you'll print the statement afterwards. The name on the statement then carries the new (preffered) name. But if that's not an option i dont know if her marriage certificate or something as an evidence could suffice.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 7:44pm On Jul 07, 2011
@cleverdude sorry abt the rejection but i suggest u still give it another try. you need to speak to the VO convincingly and try not to give them a reason to doubt u. above all be very prayerful cause d fact is some people on this thread answered their questions worse than u did but still got the ticket. i wish u better luck next time.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2011
phy:

It is not too late to update her name change at the bank and you'll print the statement afterwards. The name on the statement then carries the new (preffered) name. But if that's not an option i dont know if her marriage certificate or something as an evidence could suffice.

Thanks Phy. I will try to convince her otherwise, I will go with the one I have alongside her marriage certificate. I want to believe that if any issue arises on that God will help me defend it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2011
@CLEVERDUDE, I'm sorry to learn about your refusal but to be very honest with you, about 95% of your responses to the consular were totally vague and doesn't make any sense at all. Your financial papers wasn't the actual cause of the denial but rather it acted as the last straw that broke the camel's back. From what you posted, I can detect flaws in every single answers you gave not to talk of those trained consulars. Anyway I will point them out to you so you can make corrections and I really hope my fellow house members could suggest more "clever" answers to you for your next attempt.

1) How did you hear about the school? Your response to this was way too generalized. What were the specific sources (eg petersons.com, usnews.com, princetonreviews etc) from where you learnt about the school? Just saying the internet makes no sense, ofcourse everyone knows information are gotten from the internet. The consular might be expecting to hear some specific websites like those I mentioned above which are well known for college rankings that most students intending to study here visit to make research as to what institution they wanna attend. In other words, your response doesn't demonstrate any scholastic readiness.

2) Why did you choose this college? For God sake, even the least ranked schools and junior colleges in the entire US have excellent facilities for learning as compared to Nigeria. Everybody knows this. Your response just doesn't show you actually made any specific research about the college. What are the facilities they have that makes them exceptional from other schools that made you choose them? You never mentioned them! Secondly, you chose a school because it is located near mountains, hills and rivers?? Come on man, is that the only school or state in the US that is located near all that? Thats obviously the reason you were asked about Orlando! By the way how does Biological Science relate to mountains and hills? Last I checked it's supposed to be Geography or you could prove me wrong cos I might be lol. If you were the consular what will be your opinion about this particular applicant? Put yourself in their shoes.

3) Why did you choose to study Biological Science? Guy, everybody wants to contribute to the welfare of their country. Even scavengers contribute as well. By this question, you are expected to give a response that indicates your passion about this particular course and how it will specifically benefit your country and personally enrich you. But your answer was ambiguous.

4) What kinda job are you gonna get? This simply implies that what do you wanna do with your degree in Biological Science. "You will work at a health institution" bro as what?? Check it out yourself!

Now moving unto the very self destructive answers,

5) Who is sponsoring you? Even, some parents find it difficult to sponsor their children in college not to talk of uncles or aunts which maybe somewhat understandable but you left these set of people and went all the way down to your cousin. Look at the logic there; if your parents are unable to sponsor you, as well as your siblings and uncles/aunt, how then would your uncle/aunt's child fund your studies? Among these people I mentioned, who is in a position to sponsor you comfortably without looking back? How can your cousin who is being supported by their own parents sponsor you? It is very difficult to believe that someone other than your biological parents and/or uncle in some extreme cases can waste alot of money to fund someone who is not directly their own blood. You and I knows it's true and you should also understand that these consulars have lived in Nigeria for so many years and are very familiar with the system to know that such things rarely happens.

6) Why is he sponsoring you? Are you his own child? What does he stand to benefit from you? What does he do? Doesn't he have his own parents who they could possibly assume that the cousin in question is dependent on? Man this response is so invalid! You said he has been sponsoring you since primary school so where are your own parents and what have they been doing? I am not saying it's untrue but by all means it is possible for them to percieve this as a lie.

7) Can I have his bank statements? You are a student and you ought to know they expect a high level of organization from you. You should have arranged your documents chronologically. Why would May to June come first before January to February?? Dont you know it's checked from first to last so it wouldnt be wrong to assume that the amount on the last page of the statement was the closing balance?? Anyway that was NEVER the reason for the denial cos if the consular really wanted to issue a visa to you, she would simply have asked why is your balance less than what was stated on your I-20? Then this will prompt you to tell her that you stapled the closing balance on the front page which she already flipped over. But already I can see she long made up her mind even before that time to deny the visa so the outcome was just inevitable.

My advise like I would tell any other person is TRY AGAIN. Wishing you success in your next attempt and best of luck too!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.