Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,729 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:43 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (548626 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2011
The school already requested for my Bank statement before issuing I:20,so I have that with my GRE,TOEFL.
And I just got Aug 15(very close though).
I have my I:20 too and the only payment I have left is the SEVIS which I dont know how to go about.
Thank you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2011
babatulla:

@HISLOVE247 : can call u or IM u ?, my school is well ranked bt I think I can link the refusal to the SEVIS fee ish, will try and confirm that though, as I said, u r contact details pls.

Sevis Fee can not make them deny you bros. I have friends who didn't evenm know about it and they went to the embassy. They got the visa but the Consular told them to go and pay the sevis before they come for their passport. IT happened to 2 people that I know very well. This is why I dont think Sevis fee would be a hindrance to ur visa
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2011
@djunit
Really,so it can wait(SEVIS).any tips pls as touching documents to carry with me.
Plz everyone
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
Please house,
What is the minimum number of days the money can be in the account of my sponsor before it is printed. My sponsor's TBill is maturing on Thursday and she has instructed that they should not roll it over to enable me have the money in her account. My question is that my interview is just 2weeks time and I would like to know if this would not raise a red flag.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cutesy(f): 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2011
Omo_tier, Justwise etc etc

Hi and big ups to the amount of goodness on this thread. grin

I need your advice an this issue: What can be done if a genuine invitation letter from a relative in the UK has an obvious mistake on it such as the year of birth of one of the invitees? The options being considered are:

1. Request another letter, which will take another two weeks and is really a last resort as he will need to courier it, again angry.
2. Submit it like that, and hope it doesn't mean anything and will not disqualify the entire visa application!!! shocked
3. Get him to re-do it, scan and email it across, which is the most convenient option for us all wink
4. Submit it like that, but get him to write another signed letter addressed to d uk embassy, scan and email it, explaining the mistake he made on the initial original letter. undecided

NB: The invitees are all going for the first time!!! Virgin passport alert! All other documents are available, valid and original,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2011
cutesy:

I need your advice an this issue: What can be done if a genuine invitation letter from a relative in the UK has an obvious mistake on it such as the year of birth of one of the invitees? The options being considered are:

1. Request another letter, which will take another two weeks and is really a last resort as he will need to courier it, again angry.
2. Submit it like that, and hope it doesn't mean anything and will not disqualify the entire visa application!!! shocked
3. Get him to re-do it, scan and email it across, which is the most convenient option for us all wink
4. Submit it like that, but get him to write another signed letter addressed to d uk embassy, scan and email it, explaining the mistake he made on the initial original letter. undecided

NB: The invitees are all going for the first time!!! Virgin passport alert! All other documents are available, valid and original,

Madam this USA student Visa Enquires not Uk Visiting
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jaybee3(m): 1:59pm On Jul 26, 2011
cutesy:

Hi and big ups to the amount of goodness on this thread.  grin

1. Request another letter, which will take another two weeks and is really a last resort as he will need to courier it, again  angry.
3. Get him to re-do it, scan and email it across, which is the most convenient option for us all  wink

Better if signed too
I have always pdf docs/emailed to prospective entry clearance recipients.
Lot easier and cost effective
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phraoh(m): 2:01pm On Jul 26, 2011
cutesy:

Omo_tier and Justwise are in the UK section not here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2011
biikeys:

@djunit
Really,so it can wait(SEVIS).any tips pls as touching documents to carry with me.
Plz everyone

I am not telling you not to make efforts to pay your Sevis. It depends on the consular sometimes. If your interview is so near and you have paid and you are asked, tell them the fees can not be paid from Nigeria and you are planning to go to one of the border countries to pay it but since your interview was so close you had to come for the interview first. The people who got their visas without paying Sevis knew nothing about Sevis and they are not on this thread.

I believe Luck too matters but I dont think a consular would deny you because you haven't paid Sevis
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cutesy(f): 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2011
@Jaybee Thanks!!! (y)

@Phroar @Seedord247 Thanks for the "response" undecided . Cld have at least commented on the issue as it is relative even if its to the UK embassy and not a"USA Student Visa enquiry". Anyone can make a "mistake", grin .

Who knows, maybe next time I will be "big up-ing" you too tongue
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phraoh(m): 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2011
cutesy:

@Jaybee Thanks!!! (y)

@Phroar @Seedord247 Thanks for the "response" undecided . Cld have at least commented on the issue as it is relative even if its to the UK embassy and not a"USA Student Visa enquiry". Anyone can make a "mistake", grin .

Who knows, maybe next time I will be "big up-ing" you too tongue

Y are u being excited.We or rada I was redirecting you to where u will meet the people that will appropriately help you.Would u have liked ua post to be left unanswered on this thread.Nobody is big-uppin anyone,we all are seeking for answers to our questions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2011
cutesy:

Hi and big ups to the amount of goodness on this thread.  grin

1. Request another letter, which will take another two weeks and is really a last resort as he will need to courier it, again  angry.
3. Get him to re-do it, scan and email it across, which is the most convenient option for us all  wink

Who is missing way here 

Haba! madam, you can see the topic of this thread or can't you? It says: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

Without anything concerning US student visa, then your contribution is worthless here. Think now!

cutesy:

@Jaybee Thanks!!! (y)

@Phroar @Seedord247 Thanks for the "response"  undecided . Cld have at least commented on the issue as it is relative even if its to the UK embassy and not a"USA Student Visa enquiry". Anyone can make a "mistake",    grin .

Who knows, maybe next time I will be "big up-ing" you too  tongue

Shior! You could have just modify your first post rather than all your - tongue tongue tongue.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cutesy(f): 4:14pm On Jul 26, 2011
Who is missing way here 

Haba! madam, you can see the topic of this thread or can't you? It says: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

Without anything concerning US student visa, then your contribution is worthless here. Think now!

Shior! You could have just modify your first post rather than all your - tongue tongue tongue.

@imperiouxx or whatever your name is, I did not direct my comment at you. I see no reason for the type of insulting comments you are making.

I posted here accidentally and if these are the type of people who will be interacted with then good riddance to bad rubbish.

Kindly direct your hostility elsewhere. Don't bother responding because u definitely will not receive any audience from me.

I tend to ignore fools. I am only making this unusual exception in your case.

, And as for my tongue 's , Like it or lump it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Djdammy21: 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
@House

latest Report!!!

Us-bond; Has Been Given His Visa Ooooooo. All na God

He will post His Visa interview experience Later Tonight

Cheers!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
Usbound
we all cant w8 2 hear 4rm u, CONGRATS
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 6:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
house,i don enter am ooo undecided undecided, can someone list for me all the financial documents i need to have. pls note, am using my Dad as sponsor. HE owns a particular company. do i need his personal savings acct, current acct? or his company's acct?, plsssssssss i need a clear breakdown of this and oda necessary docs like ,CAC,article of memo,fedral tax n bla bla bla relating to sponsor.
, CONGRATS USBOUND, tagged green. we re anxiously waitin 4 your interview post.
, i cant believe nobody cares about this. pple dont wana respond these days unless u mention their names, as in @, ,@, i dont think it shuld be so.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 6:30pm On Jul 26, 2011
Many thanks to djunit and a host of others.
what documents do you recommend that I go wit to my interview.I have just completed my NYSC and am presently unemployed while my Dad is a Civil servant,
thanks in advance
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2011
Congrats USBound!
May God grant those of us who have our interviews forth coming success as well.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
Amin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
Pls, is it necessary someone go with his Birth Certificate?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2011
Insert Quote
Pls, is it necessary someone go with his Birth Certificate?

For student Visa nope.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ifecx4real: 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
USbound so happy for u man. Anxiously waiting for ur post man.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 9:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
@HOUSE: MAKE UNA HELP ME REJOICE OOOOO! I got the greeen ticket today.

Thanks to Djdammy for informing the House earlier. Would have posted since but I was really tired. Actually did not sleep all through the night. Not that I was tensed or anything. I was just excited at the TURNING POINT waiting in the day.

First, folks, honestly it was not me or anything I said, my documents or my package. IT WAS GOD. Full stop. I went with several envelopes but the guy requested for just bank statement and my GMAT result. That's all. Interview was about 2 and a half minutes in length and here it goes:

V.O: Good afternoon sir. How are you sir? (The V.O. is the black guy in lagos consulate, he just denied a girl before me, she was going for undergraduate, did not however hear their conversation)

ME: Fine sir. (Was about greeting him too but quickly he asks for my documents; I also forgot to smile)

I passed him the documents as arranged.

At this point, someone inside with the consular made a statement that made him laugh and laugh. This was when I knew I was going to get the Visa as the guy was in a good mood. His laughter really relaxed me.

V.O: So, why do u wanna go to the U.S?

ME: To study for my Masters.

V.O: a Masters in what?

ME: I told him.

V.O: In which school?

ME: in Bleep school.

V.O: Where is that?

ME: San Francisco.

V.O: Okay, so when did you finish your bachelors?

ME: This year. (I was praying he should not ask me the course because it does not directly relate to my masters)

V.O: What was your bachelors in?

ME: I told him (and then he looked confused, there was no obvious relationship, so I quickly added) My bachelors is a blend of Management, IT and Library Science. (He nodded his head)

NOTE: All this while, the V.O. was just noting my responses on paper. He had not looked at me at all.

V.O: Did you apply to any other school:

ME: Yes, I tried applying to Harvard (at the mention of Harvard, the guy looked up at me as in, like, seriously?) Yes, I applied but the deadline was past.

V.O: Okay, any other school?

ME: Yes, I also applied to Bleep school in Canada.

V.O: And you got into that one?

ME: I said yes (I was reaching to bring out the offer letter but he waved his hand, still looking down)

V.O: So, why did you choose this school? (At this point, he looked me in the eyes)

ME: The traditional masters is two years but the duration of the masters in this school is one year which suits me. I considered the duration because I want to quickly come back to Nigeria to work,

V.O: (Cuts in) Okay. (but I was not satisfied, I had more points ready, so I continued)

ME: I want to come back, get a good job, work, start a family and continue my life here.

V.OsadLaughed and laughed, then smiled) Okay, okay, I have heard, you’re coming back.

-I’m like, why is this guy just laughing, this is a serious interview-

V.O: Did you write the GRE?

ME: No, I wrote the GMAT.(passed it across, he noted some point and passed it back almost at once)

V.O: So, who is paying? (still smiling, )

ME: My father, through his company.

V.O: Financial documents? (passed the bank statement., he checked the closing balance) Does he have the permission of his company to use their bank statement?
ME: No, It’s his personal company. He owns it.

V.O: There seems to be a huge volume of money moved into this account recently. Why?

ME: (I had no answer, so he tried to help me with one…)

V.O: Does he use this account to pay salaries of his workers? Is that why he moved so much money in recently?

ME: Maybe. Actually, I don’t know. (This was a bad response, should have said yes, but God dey)

V.O: Okay.

THEN…

V.O: Alright sir, I’m gonna issue you the VISA…(honestly, this is the last thing I heard)

ME: Thank you sir. (Picked the green ticket, pick-up form and returned to my seat)

My neighbours, where I sat, were surprised. They were like, ‘what happened?, so fast?’ because I returned in about two minutes, they thought I was rejected. I showed them the green ticket and they were like ‘congratulations, congratulations.’

So, HOUSE, I’m happy and thank you all for your support.

Femilangy, Nethacker, djunit1, abbats4naija, ayanfe22, gbaski2010, bomly, nairaspace, Ojap, dizifrenzy and everyone, I thank you all.

I pray God grants the rest of us still going for interviews really good and cheap success. CHEERS!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
@HOUSE: I was asked to come on Friday for the passport. But I've read of folks here picking theirs the next day. Can I go tomorrow? WIll it be ready then?

Also, my I-20 was retained. Am I getting it in the pick-up envelope?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2011
@usbound
am really apy 4 u
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2011
@usbound im really happy for u. congrats.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mysterysng: 9:57pm On Jul 26, 2011
@US BOUND, This truly IS the hand of God. Congrats dear. I am very happy for you. Cheers!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2011
@USBOUND,

Thumb up for you man.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2011
Congrats to u oooo usbound,u ar really bound for d us,nd a niraland member was refused her visa today at the lagos embassy(the gal i saw at seme boarder wen i went to pay my sevis fee)she only reads but does not post.i feel so sad for her cuz we got along so well.chidalu hope u are gettin ready for nxt week thursday?cuz that is our day by ALLAHS grace.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 10:17pm On Jul 26, 2011
@USBOUND,

am happy for you oooo, You guys are really giving me confident, this is Hand of GOD,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gentlezik: 10:17pm On Jul 26, 2011
Congrats usbound. Chidalu get ready.xpectin ur success story
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 10:17pm On Jul 26, 2011
[color=#006600[b]]------------------Strolls in------------------------------
Its been long peeps. My luggage don ready for OBAMALAND, na small days remain oh.

Congrats USBound; not taking God's or the House glory here, but I'm glad I could help out when you gave me a call. Write me (da.ghost63 at yahoo dot com) or Call me when you can but know say that number go soon expire when I don jand oh. Begin book your flight and pack your stuff sharp sharp, no time. If you had done your interview in abj, I would ve said go tomorrow evening but I told my friend lai lai who did his interview last Thursday in lagos and he went today cos I told him it shud ve been ready since Friday evening but I'm surprised they told him today that his Passport is not ready for pick up. Congrats again.

@Gboyega my friend, Sup na. Sorry my BIS has not been functional all this while and I didnt want to stress myself with it since I ve only a few days but lemme know if you need any assistance via an email or fbk msg.  

@House, Success to all Applicants yet to go for their VISA.[/b]
-----------------Strolls Out------------------------------[/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.