Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,344 members, 7,881,277 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:43 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (548654 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by frankike1: 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2010
THANKS DASLEEKY, If there is anybody in the house who had written GMAT pls tell me the centre where u attend lecture. I need somebody to guide me, i don't want to fall to these fraudsters.
Then if it is something i can do on my own, still tell me. i love u all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by frankike1: 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2010
ALL THOSE THAT DID GMAT, PLS TELL ME HOW U GUYS PASS THE EXAM OHHHHHHHHHHH
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ademark1: 4:23pm On Jun 16, 2010
frank_ike:

ALL THOSE THAT DID GMAT, PLS TELL ME HOW U GUYS PASS THE EXAM OHHHHHHHHHHH

if you can do self-study, then u can use just this book, usually with this book you should get a min of 550 (but all depends on your brilliancy though)
The Official Guide for GMAT Review – 12th Edition
The only guide with more than 800 past gmat questions and their answers-by the creators of the test
From the Graduate Management Admission Council
THE OFFICIAL GUIDE FOR GMAT® REVIEW, 12TH EDITION (the latest edition)
Copyright © 2009 by the Graduate Management Admission Council®. All rights reserved.
Published by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey

download link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3ZXQ4TZU smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2010
@freeman
you went to lag? we suppose relate, what's your yim?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 10:18pm On Jun 16, 2010
freeman07:

@Dasleeky
I get insider for Records office.
I go hook u up for YIM.
But I think u can tell the consular just that.

Thanks, kinda work so only online @ night, abeg let me know when u'll be online so we can hook up on YIM,
House, I raised an issue on my major on admission letter being diff from what it's on I-20 due to , pls advise oh,
also anybody got an idea on way out on SEVIS fee payment
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiflukis: 6:44am On Jun 17, 2010
@GOD PIKIN, AND FREEMAN, Guy just put your place of primary assignment there, it doesnt matter , they wont mention nysc unless you mention it first, MY ADVICE?, keep silent on it, and if they ask, dnt lie, telll them youll be thru with the place of PPA by then, they dnt know care about nysc, they usually only ask you these questions if theyve made up their minds abt refusing you and are just lookin for an excuse, good luck guy, im sure if u go thru the whole thread ull be successful,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 17, 2010
@ Femiflukis: Thanks for the advice. Indeed, Truthfulness is the key, no need to tell lies. I leave everything on God's hands.

@ Dasleeky: About your SEVIS payment, if you won't be doubtful, then Nethacker can help u. He also helped seadog, vandops, fagbon and just of recent me, in paying it. Send me a mail (see it on previous trend) and I'll give u his email add. The guy is really nice.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 9:00am On Jun 17, 2010
@dasleeky,
Theres no problem with the major being different. The sevis system doesnt contain all the programs.
so they GENERALIZE.
buzz me wen u r online. almost always online
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by illinois: 9:13am On Jun 17, 2010
so i've joined the league of intelligent talkatives! Anyways i've learnt alot of stuff/info from this forum & thot to lend my voice.
My appointment is on tuesday @ Abj, i'm taking

ds 160
I 20 & fee confirmation
Passports
transcripts/gmat
Financial documents
admission letter

PS- do i need to take land documents as proof of ties to 9ja?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 9:27am On Jun 17, 2010
illinois:

so i've joined the league of intelligent talkatives! Anyways i've learnt alot of stuff/info from this forum & thot to lend my voice.
My appointment is on tuesday @ Abj, i'm taking

ds 160
I 20 & fee confirmation
Passports
transcripts/gmat
Financial documents
admission letter

PS- do i need to take land documents as proof of ties to 9ja?

You dont have to take any land documents with you, Your bank statement should have cash enough to fund your first year school expenses. Hope you have piad your SEVIS as well?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Laughter1(m): 10:03am On Jun 17, 2010
Congrats freeman007, fagbon01, Young M, Seadog, femilangy and others that have secured their students Visas for Post graduate study in the US.

1) Pls I would like to find out if you guys had to pay full or part of tuition fees before been granted a visa?

2) I just wanted to clarify if paying of tuition fees is a requirement for US Visa application success?

3) Did you guys pay your full tuition fee before applying for Visa? Is it safe not to pay tuition fees before applying for US Student Visa?

4) The school I am interested in doesn't require GRE or GMATHS due to my UK bachelors degree, TOEFL score and Professional experience and as such I feel there's no need for me to take the GRE test. Is GRE compulsory in other to secure a Visa, even when its not required by the Uni?

I would be grateful if you guys can nail these questions spot on

Many Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by illinois: 10:35am On Jun 17, 2010
Laughter1:

Congrats freeman007, fagbon01, Young M, Seadog, femilangy and others that have secured their students Visas for Post graduate study in the US.

1) Pls I would like to find out if you guys had to pay full or part of tuition fees before been granted a visa?

2) I just wanted to clarify if paying of tuition fees is a requirement for US Visa application success?

3) Did you guys pay your full tuition fee before applying for Visa? Is it safe not to pay tuition fees before applying for US Student Visa?

4) The school I am interested in doesn't require GRE or GMATHS due to my UK bachelors degree, TOEFL score and Professional experience and as such I feel there's no need for me to take the GRE test. Is GRE compulsory in other to secure a Visa, even when its not required by the Uni?

Many Thanks

Thanks Vandops, so how do i prove my ties to NIGERIA that i'd come back after school?

@laughter,
1) you would most likely pay a tuition deposit before you get your I20
2) paying tuition is not a visa requirement @ alllll
3) not full tution
4) if it doesnt require any test i think you may not need to though writing atleast TOEFL will show some seriousness.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 11:36am On Jun 17, 2010
illinois:

Thanks Vandops, so how do i prove my ties to NIGERIA that i'd come back after school?

@illinois, Just pray for Gods favor. Its when the consular doesnt want to issue the visa he looks for excuses such as Ties. Even if you carry all the documents claiming you have a million and one properties, the consular under the US law still has the right to refuse. Bro, pray for Gods favor and make sure your parents are the ones sponsoring you and that they are in NAIJA. wink you can still go with the docs though.
all the best
come share your good news
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Springrise: 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2010
who says there is no influence in embassies in Naija.

I am a travel consultant please do not hesitate to mail me on your visa difficulties.
yomi_osho2000@yahoo.com or call 07052505779.

please on the following countries only: UK, USA, IRELAND, SOUTH AFRICA, CHINA, MALAYSIA AND GERMANY.
FREE.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Lekel(m): 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2010
DASLEEKY:

Thanks, kinda work so only online @ night, abeg let me know when u'll be online so we can hook up on YIM,
House, I raised an issue on my major on admission letter being diff from what it's on I-20 due to , pls advise oh,
also anybody got an idea on way out on SEVIS fee payment

You can contact friends/family in the US to help you make the payment!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 5:17pm On Jun 17, 2010
Springrise:

I am a travel consultant please do not hesitate to mail me on your visa difficulties.

please on the following countries only: UK, USA, IRELAND, SOUTH AFRICA, CHINA, MALAYSIA AND GERMANY.
FREE.

Just Hold it there.Your type aint needed here Lame A$$ Nigga. Mothersucker
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 5:47pm On Jun 17, 2010
@house ,now am back at ya

Springrise:

FREE.
@^^ springrise or watever ur name is, just get out of this thread, its not for fraudulent pple ok?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 9:49pm On Jun 17, 2010
Laughter1:

4) The school I am interested in doesn't require GRE or GMATHS due to my UK bachelors degree, TOEFL score and Professional experience and as such I feel there's no need for me to  take the GRE test. Is GRE compulsory in other to secure a Visa, even when its not required by the Uni?

Many Thanks

The simple answer to all your questions is a CAPITAL NO.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2010
freeman07:

@dasleeky,
Theres no problem with the major being different. The sevis system doesnt contain all the programs.
so they GENERALIZE.
buzz me wen u r online. almost always online

@ freeman07, been online for about 3 hrs, abage try hook me up on YIM tomoro, frm 9pm, thanks
@ God pikin, sent u amail, thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 7:41am On Jun 18, 2010
@dasleeky
so sorry, slept off early
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2010
@femilangy,
pls i need you. hola. I have something to discuss with you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by akonamone(m): 10:03am On Jun 19, 2010
Nairalanders, here is how it went; there were three screenings before the consular officer. At the final screening, our passports and receipts of payment were taken from us. If you were going for an F1 like I was, then your I-20 and SEVIS receipt will be collected. Then we were back to the waiting line for the interview. There were three consular officers, one mean, one very extremely nice lady, and one just in the middle guy. I prayed for the nice lady, but got the just in the middle guy, ladies and gentlemen, it will shock u but this was how it went;

Consular- Hello
Me- Goodafternoon with a smile

Consular- What are you going to the US for?
Me - to study.

Consular – What are you going for?
Me – Masters in public health

Consular – Where?
Me – Florida

Consular – Where? Where?
Me – Sorry University of North Florida

Consular – why this school
Me- well, I considered the weather in florida which is somewhat similar to the weather in Nigeria, I also considered research topics, accreditation and its affordability.

Consular – did you Apply to other schools?
Me – yes, I named them

Consular – Why did you choose those schools.
Me – stammering, well, well, mainly also because of the research topics and in essence a combination of the other factors I mentioned earlier.

Consular – What was your undergraduate course in?
Me - Biochemistry

Consular – Where did you get that?
Me – University of Lagos

Consular – Where do your work?
Me- I am not working at the moment (Very risky thing to say)

Consular – Well did you work before?
Me – Yes I worked in the bank (Another dangerous thing to say considering my undergrad course and the MPH I am going for) and also in a pharmaceutical company (well related to discipline sha)

Consular – What does your father do?
Me – He is a senior lecturer in at the University of Lagos.

Consular – How old are you?
Me – I will be 27 today, oh sorry I am 27 today (perfect and intentional strategy)

Consular – Ok happy birthday
Me – thanks

Consular – How are you gonna pay for your curriculum
Me – My father and my brother, (while speaking at the same time reaching for my file to bring out statements.

Consular – cuts me in, please go to this address on wednessday and pick up your visa
Me – thank you sir

Consular – And enjoy your party tonight.
Me – too excited to respond

If you noticed I did not even open my file, did not present any statements, GRE or TOEFL, or transcripts. Infact my file was useless; I could have left it at home.
My case was sorted out by God over a year ago, when I got accepted to my school, after over 17 applications to different schools. People na Baba God do am, and the birthday joker I think. But it was just Gods favor.

Big thanks to everyone on this thread for all your contributions, and to those that haven’t gone for their interviews, the name of the game is JUST BELIEVE, wishing y’all the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 2:26pm On Jun 19, 2010
Congrats Bro, its the same guy that interviewed me. The questions are so similar. Anybody going to the Lagos consulate for interview should not have any problems after reading this thread and praying for FAVOR.
How we dey wash your birthday?? grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by frankike1: 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2010
at freeman07 and akonam_one , congrats bros. The God is with us. We will all get to the zenith of our career.
Which of the GMAT centres allow the use of calculate?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by frankike1: 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2010
at freeman07 and akonam_one , congrats bros. The God is with us. We will all get to the zenith of our career.
Which of the GMAT centres allow the use of calculator?

at freeman07, which lecture did u attend for ur GMAT? What is the secrete of passing it?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2010
How come it is only people going for masters posting their experience here? I have applied to a school for my BSC and my I-20 would be delivered to me on monday. I want to know if it is the same process they would ask or something different. I have paid the school deposit and would be getting all documents to back up my finances ready before the interview but I still need advice from people here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2010
As a first timer to apply for interview at the US embassy for a visa do i need to go to Abuja as I reside in Lagos. I hope to get answers as I am about to schedule my interview. Thanks,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by frankike1: 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2010
Which of the GMAT centres allow the use of calculator?

at freeman07, which lecture did u attend for your GMAT? What is the secrete of passing it?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teachme(m): 9:04pm On Jun 19, 2010
Congrats to ya'all that got their visas, we need more successful news on da thread!! KEEP THE FLAG FLYING!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2010
@ akonam_one & Freeman07: CONGRATULATIONS!!!
God is indeed with this forum. Once more I learnt this- "BE TRUTHFUL and pray for God's favor". 17 times-that is perseverance, never give up spirit. Very inspiring.

Freeman07, still expecting your experience too.

God's favor be with us all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 1:06pm On Jun 20, 2010
@ frank, I took the GRE not GMAT. I guess you buy books and take practice tests online.

@Godpikin, av posted my experience check page 85
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by frankike1: 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2010
@ illinois, which GMAT centre did u write ur GMAT? Do they allow the use of calculator?

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.