Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,453 members, 7,937,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 11:02 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (551159 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2010
OK, Here is how it went. Woke up 4am, prayed, had my bath and left home 5:30am. Got to the embassy (Walter Carington-Lagos) at 6:20am. My interview was scheduled for 10am. I met a lot of applicants there (omo we reach 300) and the queue commenced. Immigrants onside, non-immigrants (7am and 7:30) another side. The security guys told me to go have a sit under the tree until 10am. At around people on queue for 7 and 7:30 don enter finish. Na so I join the line, not minding that my interview stated 10am. of course with the consent of one of the officials.

Did the attendance, verification, paid extra 1400 (becos I paid the old $131 fee). Na so them collect my sevis fee, i-20, passport, and receipts. Them come give me one green card. OK, after lots of waiting, I finally did my thumb print (they call it biometrics). They later gave me back my docs after the biometrics. So did my interview around 1:10pm

CO: Next applicant come to cubicle 3 (cubicle 1 and 4 were empty)
Me: Good Afternoon
CO: Good afternoon, How are u doing
Me: Fine thank you
CO: Pass your documents (passport, I-20, sevis fee, and green card they gave me earlier.
Me: Gave them to him
CO: So why are you going to America
ME: To study for my masters in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
CO: So you are going to study Mechanical Engineering?
ME: Yes
CO: Where?
ME: University of Florida
CO: So you are going to be a gator? (gators is the mascot of University of Florida, I knew about it earlier though)
ME: No, I am a Christian (though he said you are going to be a gay)
CO: Sorry did you here what I just said?
CO: What did I say?
ME: You asked if I'm going to be a gay (Yeeeeeh, I think say I don Bleep up)
CO: Laughsssssssssssss
Everybody in the hall laughs as well. (I just smile, atleast I don easy the tension)
CO: Still laughing, "Give me some time please"
Na so the guy go for like 5 minutes so when he returned we continued (guess he went to take some water)
CO: still laughing, So you are going to University of Florida, why this school?
ME: because the weather is similar to that of Nigeria and because the school is ranked top in US and the world (I actually had like 5 reasons to give but because him don laugh earlier, na so I just give 2 points)
CO: where did you finish from?
ME: University of Ilorin, Kwara State
CO: Ilorin? (E be like say the sch dey familiar to am)
CO: So what was your undergraduate project topic?
ME: Design and construction of remote controlled paper warming machine
CO: Warming machine? ME: Yes
Starts typing, omo I just dey hummm worship songs to just ease the tension
CO: OK, go pick up your visa on monday at this address. He then returned the green card, my I-20, sevis fee and also attached a white paper where there address in lekki is.
ME: Thank you
CO: OK, go be a gator and study hard
ME: Thank you, Na so I give am thumbs up say (Go Gators!!)
CO: Yes, Go gators!

Note: He didnt even ask for my financial documents or my sponsor, let alone checking it, guess, they were exhausted already (Omo na GOD)

Lesson Learnt:
1. Trust in God, pray very well and fast but not on that day o, becos the stress for that place no easy.
2. Just be yourself, stay calm and have confidence.
3. Pray for God's favour
4. I think it's better to schedule 7 or 7:30am interview, that my 10am just meant waiting for longer time otherwise, schedule late, when the COs would have been exhausted; my opinion though.

ONCE AGAIN, TRUST IN GOD!!!

Dasleeky & Djunit1, Go and get it, God has already confirmed it. Expecting you guys to come share your testimonies too. Lagos is very nice, no need for abuja at all except you stay in abuja.

Thanks to Nethacker for helping me pay my sevis fee, and all the encouragement.
Thanks to my padi- Freeman07, the guy is just too good, always willing to help, thanks for your prayer.
Thanks to seadog for your advice that I should go 3 hours ahoead and not 10am
Young M, thank too, your advice went a long way
Daslekey, Djunit1: You guys should just go, God has prepared the way already. Come back with testimonies in Jesus' name

@ Nairaspace: Please, just prepare yourself again and reapply. Enough guys that were rejected just said they would reply and come back next week. Above all, Go with God and come with your testimony too.

Thankssss, House, indeed, this is the most successful trend on . Fagbon1, gongo aso, oyewolejos, nethacker, and all thanks. Your posts really answer all the questions and concerns.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2010
God pikin:

CO: So you are going to be a gator? (gators is the mascot of University of Florida, I knew about it earlier though)
ME: You asked if I'm going to be a gay (Yeeeeeh, I think say I don bleep up)
Everybody in the hall laughs as well. (I just smile, atleast I don easy the tension)

LWKMD

Dasleeky & Djunit1, Go and get it, God has already confirmed it. Expecting you guys to come share your testimonies too. Lagos is very nice, no need for abuja at all except you stay in abuja.

All in good time bruv!

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2010
Heyyyy, just read through my post and discovered lots of typing/grammatical errors. It's actually the excitement. I'm so sorry for all that but I know you understand anyway, anyhow.

Hmmmmm, it's still like I'm dreaming. Like play, like play, dreams are becoming real. God is good.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2010
mohaka:

guys ma interview is due on monday n tho i got a few worries here and there bt am determined all the more to get that visa.anyway here are the following documents am taking along to the interview
1.i-20 letter from ma school
2.ds 160 confirmation letter
3.appointment letter
4.sevis receipt
5.mrv fee receipt
6.toefl score sheet
7.academic records
8.my father's bank statement for the last 6 mnths
9.my dad's business licenses
10.title deed
11.passport
are the above documents enough or am still missin out on samtin hia and also is it wise if i tell tha consular that the main reason that i'll come back is because am tha only son and therefore tha sole heir of ma parents property.
any advice guyz

You're good to go, but please don't sound too despirate when answering the questions.
That your reason for coming back is very nice, also add your job/business prospects in Nigeria too.
And one more thing, go with GOD. It's not about the number of documents you went with, it's about the interview itself. I head the CO tell someone today that he doesn't want to see anydocument, that all he want to hear are good reasons/response.

Come back with your testimony.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mohaka(m): 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2010
@God pikin am hapi 4 u man.thnx a million bro 4 boosting ma morale n also 4 mekin ma day coz ur interview was funny as hell.meanwhile i'll keep ma fingers crossd n pray hard n by tha way am a somali from kenya
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wems002: 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2010
@ God pikin you are too much, we are waiting for you, This is the best thread on NL, period
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2010
God pikin:

OK, Here is how it went. Woke up 4am, prayed, had my bath and left home 5:30am. Got to the embassy (Walter Carington-Lagos) at 6:20am. My interview was scheduled for 10am. I met a lot of applicants there (omo we reach 300) and the queue commenced. Immigrants onside, non-immigrants (7am and 7:30) another side. The security guys told me to go have a sit under the tree until 10am. At around people on queue for 7 and 7:30 don enter finish. Na so I join the line, not minding that my interview stated 10am. of course with the consent of one of the officials.

Did the attendance, verification, paid extra 1400 (becos I paid the old $131 fee). Na so them collect my sevis fee, i-20, passport, and receipts. Them come give me one green card. OK, after lots of waiting, I finally did my thumb print (they call it biometrics). They later gave me back my docs after the biometrics. So did my interview around 1:10pm

CO: Next applicant come to cubicle 3 (cubicle 1 and 4 were empty)
Me: Good Afternoon
CO: Good afternoon, How are u doing
Me: Fine thank you
CO: Pass your documents (passport, I-20, sevis fee, and green card they gave me earlier.
Me: Gave them to him
CO: So why are you going to America
ME: To study for my masters in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
ME: You asked if I'm going to be a gay (Yeeeeeh, I think say I don bleep up)
Na so the guy go for like 5 minutes so when he returned we continued (guess he went to take some water)
CO: still laughing, So you are going to University of Florida, why this school?
ME: because the weather is similar to that of Nigeria and because the school is ranked top in US and the world (I actually had like 5 reasons to give but because him don laugh earlier, na so I just give 2 points)
CO: where did you finish from?
ME: University of Ilorin, Kwara State
CO: Ilorin? (E be like say the sch dey familiar to am)
CO: So what was your undergraduate project topic?
ME: Design and construction of remote controlled paper warming machine
CO: Warming machine? ME: Yes
Starts typing, omo I just dey hummm worship songs to just ease the tension
CO: OK, go pick up your visa on monday at this address. He then returned the green card, my I-20, sevis fee and also attached a white paper where there address in lekki is.
ME: Thank you
CO: OK, go be a gator and study hard
ME: Thank you, Na so I give am thumbs up say (Go Gators!!)
CO: Yes, Go gators!

Note: He didnt even ask for my financial documents or my sponsor, let alone checking it, guess, they were exhausted already (Omo na GOD)

Lesson Learnt:
1. Trust in God, pray very well and fast but not on that day o, becos the stress for that place no easy.
2. Just be yourself, stay calm and have confidence.
3. Pray for God's favour
4. I think it's better to schedule 7 or 7:30am interview, that my 10am just meant waiting for longer time otherwise, schedule late, when the COs would have been exhausted; my opinion though.

ONCE AGAIN, TRUST IN GOD!!!

Thanks to Nethacker for helping me pay my sevis fee, and all the encouragement.
Thanks to my padi- Freeman07, the guy is just too good, always willing to help, thanks for your prayer.
Thanks to seadog for your advice that I should go 3 hours ahoead and not 10am
Young M, thank too, your advice went a long way
Daslekey, Djunit1: You guys should just go, God has prepared the way already. Come back with testimonies in Jesus' name

@ Nairaspace: Please, just prepare yourself again and reapply. Enough guys that were rejected just said they would reply and come back next week. Above all, Go with God and come with your testimony too.

Thankssss, House, indeed, this is the most successful trend on . Fagbon1, gongo aso, oyewolejos, nethacker, and all thanks. Your posts really answer all the questions and concerns.

Congrats man!
Thanks for your advice!!!
i guess its one handsome guy like dat dat interviewed you! omo d guy give visa to people on the day of ma interview! he was funny, , i dont know why that spec-using guy with big ears called me (hope he is not reading this) !!!, lol,
hahahah!!!

reapplying next week!!! thanks ya'all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2010
GODPIKINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Na so cool
Na God do am oooo
Congrats bro.
You know the next step.
am so happy for you oooo.
Nicely done. You are a real smart naija boy. (For that Gay part)

@others, pls if theres a way to add humor to your interview, pls do. It will really help.
Godpikin (with God as backing) nailed the consular. cheesy
Wish others best of luck.
The key is Prayer, nothing else,
While praying, Pls ask for FAVOR, FAVOR, FAVOR

again@ Godpikin
You are not dreaming,
its real ooo.
Its Gods plan for you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by YoungM1(m): 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2010
@ God Pikin
LOL cheesy your interview was the Bomb man but i ll advice you go be a gator and not a gay. I told you your name would go with you and thank God for the Success . You are welcome to the club, go party hard and prepare for HAMERIKA, yippeeee
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 7:21am On Jul 15, 2010
Godpikin,

congrats o!!, You Went, You saw and You conquered, Welcome to the American Party Train!!

For the others going for their interview, all da very best and may you all return with good news as we all did
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2010
@GodPikin, what can I say? Congrats man, it was destined to be like this, God don tidy the work before you wake up on that day. I cant wait for my interview. House lets continue to pray for each other. God bless us all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 9:40am On Jul 15, 2010
djunit1:

@GodPikin, what can I say? Congrats man, it was destined to be like this, God don tidy the work before you wake up on that day. I cant wait for my interview. House lets continue to pray for each other. God bless us all

when is urs?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fagbon01: 11:38am On Jul 15, 2010
GOD PIKIN,
Na God mannn,i don tell u say make u no worry,
anyaw,thank GOD for the interview.

am goin in nxt wik,wish me luck.cheerssssssss
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2010
fagbon01:

GOD PIKIN,
Na God mannn,i don tell u say make u no worry,
anyaw,thank GOD for the interview.

am goin in nxt wik,wish me luck.cheerssssssss

God will direct your steps, order you to the right CO, and take control of the interview. Just TRUST IN GOD and He will complete that which He has started. You will return with testimony by in Jesus' name. GOD's favour is all you need.

@ House, please let's pray for our guys going very soon - Fagbon01, Dasleeky, Djunit1 and nairaspace. The house will really bubble with joy when they get the F1 visa this month. This trend is a success already.
This is visa season!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by akonamone(m): 5:13pm On Jul 15, 2010
@ Godpikin congrats man! ur interview was just so hilarious! Abeg send me your email or phone number, im going to Univ of North Florida- make we know as we go fly 9ja flag high for dem yakees!!

To all those scheduled to have their interview, somehow think of something that will divert the consular out of the interview on a lighter mood but at the same time try to be ingenious about it, like on my case i scheduled my interview on my birthday, and then the consular asked me how old i was and i told him i was 27 today, he wished me a happy birthday and the rest of what he asked was just to make it look like t'was an interview afterall.

But most of all, place all your trust and hope in the Almighty God, cos really na only Him fit deliver!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 7:05pm On Jul 15, 2010
@Godpikin. Congrats Man,it was rily God's Favour.Nice one, Welcome to the World, Am really Happy for you, Nw you've seen the Eagle,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oladapo91: 7:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
hello everybody in this thread! i got my f1 visa today. thank you all 4 d great things you have all been posting. I WAS INTERVIEWED IN LAGOS.
The things you should know
1.where your school is located (north ,south,west or east)
2.why you chose to study in that city and state.
3.you should know test scores offhand.the critical reading,maths ,writng and the essay.
4.you should know your waec offhand.
i was interviewed by a brunette.he is slim and he uses glasses.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Quod: 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2010
@ akonam_one, please did you get the waiver from UNF?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2010
oladapo91:

hello everybody in this thread! i got my f1 visa today. thank you all 4 d great things you have all been posting. I WAS INTERVIEWED IN LAGOS.
3.you should know test scores offhand.the critical reading,maths ,writng and the essay.

Thanks Oladapo91, but as tradition is in this noble house, we would be grateful if you can give us a full transcription of the interview, it doenst have to diff/new from previous ones,

Omo , the countdown is on, no dulling in this house, let's go get 'em all,

baba God na ur hand work oh singing to the tuneof P Square(d)'s e no easy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ecas: 1:02am On Jul 16, 2010
I have been a silent reader, i must appereciate all who post in this thread because i learnt alot in hurr be4 going for my interview.I live in China, i am C ameroonian. Went home for the interview and it went thus:

CO: How long have u been in China
ME: told her
CO:which school?
ME: UCO
CO:what's ur major?
ME:business admin and management
CO:how will this course help you?
ME:will help me improve in my business
CO:you own a business?
ME:yes
CO:what kind?
ME:female fashion( own a shop)
CO: where is ur husband
ME: Cameroon
CO: why not China?
ME:he doesnt know a thing about business, he works in Cameroon
CO:what does he do?
CO: does he visit?
CO:how much is ur monthly salary?
CO: how will u pay?
ME: showed her receipt for part payment of first semester tuition
CO: any bank statements
ME: yes, handed over my passbook to her( she didnt open it)

that was all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 1:07am On Jul 16, 2010
ecas:

I have been a silent reader, i must appereciate all who post in this thread because i learnt alot in hurr be4 going for my interview.I live in China, i am C ameroonian. Went home for the interview and it went thus:

CO:what's your major?
CO: where is your husband
CO:how much is your monthly salary?

that was all.

@Ecas(Silent Reader)smiles,well you didnt tell us if you got the visa, but seems you got it, Congrats,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ecas: 5:17am On Jul 16, 2010
Oh yea i got it, tnx.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 6:53am On Jul 16, 2010
Helo House,Do anybody knows if the Embassy accepts World Evaluation Services(WES) transcript?I need a urgent reply pls, Abeg ooo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 8:26am On Jul 16, 2010
OjaP:

Helo House,Do anybody knows if the Embassy accepts World Evaluation Services(WES) transcript?I need a urgent reply pls, Abeg ooo

The WES evaluated transcript is understood better by the consular cos it's ur transcripts "americanised". So take that wit u. It shud suffice, , u may not even be asked, But who knows?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 9:23am On Jul 16, 2010
ecas:

Oh yea i got it, tnx.

This house is going international oh, we mohaka, the somali/kenyan and now ecas the camerounian/chineese,
congrats ecas!

big things a gwan here,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 16, 2010
akonam_one:

@ Godpikin congrats man! your interview was just so hilarious! Abeg send me your email or phone number, im going to Univ of North Florida- make we know as we go fly 9ja flag high for dem yakees!!

Abeg buzz me; we need to talk.

seadog406:

@Godpikin. Congrats Man,it was rily God's Favour.Nice one, Welcome to the World, Am really Happy for you, Nw you've seen the Eagle,

Yes oo, I just collected it now. Please let's keep in touch when we get there. Abeg mail me.

oladapo91:

Congrats man. Start tracking your passport, it can be ready after a day.

ecas:

CO:what's your major?
CO: where is your husband
CO:how much is your monthly salary?

that was all.

Congrats, that was very nice. Hey, remember your husband when you get there.

DASLEEKY:

This house is going international oh, we mohaka, the somali/kenyan and now ecas the camerounian/chineese,
congrats ecas!

big things a gwan here,

Yes oo, that's true. We're truely international. If I'm not wrong, She's the 3rd non-nigerian to have contributed.

How far about the sevis fee, abeg no dulling oo, if by monday nothing happens, please I advise you go for our plan B. Remember no time again. I strongly believe you will come back and share your testimony with theĀ  house to. Just Trust in God.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by YoungM1(m): 10:33am On Jul 16, 2010
@ God Pikin,
Dont you have a yahoo account? thats faster and better,
Hola
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 16, 2010
Young M:

@ God Pikin,
Dont you have a yahoo account? thats faster and better,
Hola

Sure I do, just send the mail to the gmail and I'll send you a mail with my yahoo. The yahoo is my main mail box, sure you understand.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2010
u guys are the bomb.God Pikin na u name help u and baba God is really ur fada. urs was kinda similar to mine. This thread is wonderful!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by akonamone(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2010
Quod:

@ akonam_one, please did you get the waiver from UNF?

@Quod nope i didnt, r u going to UNF too? if yes, here is my email addy lets talk nkemokafor@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by obeycity: 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2010
hello good people of this thread. I thank God and everyone that participated on this thread one way or the other. i got my f-1 visa for undergraduate studies today . i wish everyone success oooooooooo. more good news to this thread.lol!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2010
@Vandops, my interview is on the 26th in Abuja. I see more good news, lets keep praying for more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.