Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,327 members, 7,978,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:55 PM

World Society Will Collapse By 2040 Due To Food Shortages, Study Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Society Will Collapse By 2040 Due To Food Shortages, Study Says (491 Views)

2019 Elections; Nigeria Will Collapse If North/buhari Continue Ruling - ACF / PDP Will Collapse If I Defect To APC – Ebonyi Governor, Umahi / APC Will Collapse By January Unless Buhari Acts – Acting Spokesman‎, Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Society Will Collapse By 2040 Due To Food Shortages, Study Says by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
www.futuristmag.com/2015/06/society-will-collapse-by-2040-due-to.html?m=1

A scientific model supported by the Foreign Office has suggested that society will collapse in less than three decades
due to catastrophic food shortages if policies do not change.

Dr Aled
Jones, the Director of the Global Sustainability Institute , told Insurge Intelligence: "We ran the model forward to the year 2040, along a business-as-usual trajectory based on ‘do-nothing’ trends — that is, without any feedback loops that would change the underlying trend.

"The results show that based on plausible climate trends, and
a total failure to change course, the global food supply system
would face catastrophic losses, and an unprecedented epidemic of food riots.

"In this scenario, global society essentially collapses as food
production falls permanently short of consumption."
The model follows a report from Lloyds of London which has
evaluated the extent of the impact of a shock scenario on crop production, and has concluded that the "global food system is under chronic pressure."

"Global demand for food is on the rise, driven by unprecedented growth in the world’s population and widespread shifts in consumption patterns as countries develop."

"The global food system is under chronic pressure to meet an ever-rising demand, and its vulnerability to acute disruptions is compounded by factors such as climate change, water stress, ongoing globalisation and heightening political
instability.
Re: World Society Will Collapse By 2040 Due To Food Shortages, Study Says by Mogidi: 6:42pm On Jun 24, 2015
We will end up eating our senators, I'll eat Senator Remi Tinubu.
Re: World Society Will Collapse By 2040 Due To Food Shortages, Study Says by jaysniggs: 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
Mogidi:

This one na cannibal na undecided
Re: World Society Will Collapse By 2040 Due To Food Shortages, Study Says by walemoney007(m): 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
Mogidi:
i will eat senator stella odua
Re: World Society Will Collapse By 2040 Due To Food Shortages, Study Says by LoveMachine(m): 11:27pm On Jun 24, 2015
This article is nonsense. America pays its farmers to stay home to keep food prices high. If need be every can be fed. More fear mongering by nerds. FAIL!

(1) (Reply)

Should President Buhari Now Interfere With The NASS? / Buhari To Visit US On July 20th After Ramadan / Most Dangerous Drugs Produced In Anambra, Says NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.