Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,108 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:37 PM

What Will Destroy Biafra Is Cooking Already - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Destroy Biafra Is Cooking Already (494 Views)

Uwazuruike: Kanu Being Used To Destroy Biafra… I Know Those Funding Him. / Oduduwa Republic: Adeyinka Grandson Said He Will Destroy FG, See Reactions / "I Heard EFCC Is Cooking Up A Surprise For Me, I Ready For Una" - Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Will Destroy Biafra Is Cooking Already by PMIcon(m): 11:26am On Jun 25, 2015
I have defended the Igbos when some raise unreasonable concerns about them. I have friends among the tribe, I worship with many of them. My concern is the refusal of many Igbos to see a bigger picture; refusal to interpret situations the way it is without putting tribal and anti-ethnic sentiments into it.

While there are Igbos who are matured in thinking, good at heart and pleasant to be with, it is unfortunate the vast number of immature, easily deceived and easily manipulated Igbos there are. They live in the past and refuse to see the possibility of anything good coming out of Nigeria. They hate other Nigerians and claim they are being hated. And these group are, in my opinion the overwhelming majority who think separation from Nigeria is the answer to their problems. I hope they are not thinking that having crude oil is enough to build a nation? And I hope they remember or know that the most business-friendly nations (according to World Bank) did not become so with crude oil. I hope they know that Nigeria was once wealthy and influential without crude oil.

When a people refuses to take responsibility for its own failures and wrongs, when they continue to harbor hatred in their hearts, when they value money more than people and won't care who dies so far they can make money from fake drugs and disobeying the law, if such people leave a geographic location does it change their outlook to life? Does it suddenly remove their crave for money and the survival mentality? Does that suddenly make them patient so that they can co-exist with one another? Does leaving Nigeria remove hatred from the heart? Does it separate them from being insecure?

I can predict the end of a nation created by wars and bitterness. That is what will destroy the nation.

Other tribes accommodate you and allow you to do business among them but you still choose to believe they hate you. If they hate you I'm telling you that you will not live one day among the Hausas and the Yorubas will not do business with you. But you see the world with what is going on in your heart, not necessarily as the world really is. Then you create the nonexistent hatred yourself and then call everyone's attention to it.
Because you value money more than honesty and loyalty, you will definitely be avoided whatever tribe you belong. If you see you are avoided and, instead of looking inwards, you prefer to point accusing fingers to other people or tribes, that's your problem and you will have to deal with it. If that makes you decide that other tribes hate you and you want to leave Nigeria, when you leave, that attitude will go with you and it won't be long before it destroys you.

I hope sensible, patriotic Igbos will speak out and not be cowards. I hope they will silence the hatred emanating from Radio Biafra and their tribesmen.

If you can't leave the past mistakes of decades past (regardless of who was right or wrong)- if you can't leave it behind to create a future everyone desires; if you must keep referring us to the events that led to the civil war when many of the current largest group in the country today( the youths) were not even born and you want them to take actions today based on the bitterness of yesterday, it shows how progressive you truly are and how well you will develop the biafra you want to form.

1 Like

Re: What Will Destroy Biafra Is Cooking Already by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2015
The Irony is,even among the Ibos, there's hatred..... the day I heard an Anambra man spewing hate towards people from Imo, fear grip me that.... yet they want biafra..... goodluck to them

*flies out*

1 Like

Re: What Will Destroy Biafra Is Cooking Already by omenalfa: 11:32am On Jun 25, 2015
Ewu n'ebe akwa
Kparanuma
Okuko n'eti mkpu
Kparanuma

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

White House Updates Facebook Page In Support Of Same-sex Marriage / There Won't Be Delay In Confirmation Of Ministerial Nominees - Saraki / Buhari May Not Appoint Ministers Until September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.