Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,341 members, 7,888,082 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:52 PM

After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st (41243 Views)

Dino Melaye’s NYSC Certificate Dates 9 July 2000 To July 8, 2001 - Senate / Forgery Trial: Saraki Adjourns Senate Plenary To Thursday / Adewale Oluwatayo's Death: NASS Adjourns Sitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
onyenze123:

what is constitutional abt mock election? is it not Ahmed Tif-nubu kangaroo arrangement? #sherap
Shut up! A mock election does not necessarily have to be democratic, as long as it's not undemocratic. In the US, whose democracy we modelled ours after, the party is supreme.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by donshaddow(m): 4:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
deejayALFY:
IF U KW DS SARAKEY VRY WELL U WIL OBSERVE DT HE HATES ANY FORM OF IMPOSITION OF ANY KIND..STARTIN FRM WEN HE WS D DEN GOVERNOR OF KWARA S. WEN HIS OLD PA WNTD TU IMPOSE HIS YOUNGER 6TA AS HIS SUCCESSOR HE 4TH ANGAINST DT..ALSO REMEMBER GEJ REIGN HE AND AMEACHI CUX D REVOTE WIT OTHER GOVERNORS WHO FOLLOWED SUIT.HW CAN WE APC SHOUT CHANGE..PREACH CHANGE..4TH 4 CHANGE NOW CONTINUE WIT D PRINCIPLES OF PDPies TK IT OR LYV IT SARAKI AND DOGARA ARE D BST CHECK WE REQUIRE TU MK D EXECUTIVE FUNCTION AS XPCTED WE DNT NEED IMPOSITIONS DT WIL LEAD TU ROMANCE WIT BOT SIDES..#LetsEmbrassThisChangeForGood

Kid!

Typing on capital letter and using irrelevant abbreviations with no meaning!

That sucks! Go learn concise english.

1 Like

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by viczing(m): 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
APC senators should reconvene and Impeach him now!

Where does he expect The President to submit the List of his Ministerial Nominees??

Why Must He Close the Chamber?
#UnSeatSarakiNow!

Do you have 2/3? Hell No
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by nerodenero: 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
fx45:

What about Tambuwal? Did his treachery and betrayal stop him from becoming governor of Sokoto state
Anini was ruthlessly wicked, killed and took armed robbery to the next level, the same with Shina Rambo but today, Anini is history and Shina Rambo despite all his atrocities, is still alive. Tambuwal might have been lucky but Saraki might not be.

I hope Saraki's selfish and domineering attitude which has given birth to people whom the party frowns at, would be a blessing in disguise for the masses.

Above all, polithiefcians are the same irrespective of party affiliation, I am only for people who would bring about the needed change even if it means betraying themselves.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Amanwulu1(m): 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Where does he expect The President to submit the List of his Ministerial Nominees??

#UnSeatSarakiNow!

d presido'll not submit any list cos he n apc govs are d only clean nigerians. U n d rest of us are corrupt n not worthy of his trust. Even saraki led senate has been found unwothy to clear pmb's ministers. We're wit baba.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Lionsclaw: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
helovesme:

is there anyway this guy can be impeached or dealt with?

what is jagbadan doing? he has dealt with smaller fishes and even worse situations.

APC has to come up with a strategy ASAP to deal with this saraki issue.
Jagajaga is actually wing-broken right now. He is powerless grin grin grin
There is nothing the guy can be impeached with. Unfortunately this guy is not a small fish but a big one with big bones that is stuck in the throat of jagajaga
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by FreeGlobe(f): 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Shut up! A mock election does not necessarily have to be democratic, as long as it's not undemocratic. In the US, whose democracy we modelled ours after, the party is supreme.
Tinubu goons have now turned to cry babies.. pity
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by dafemnet: 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
drss:

in ur dreams.
Its a matter of time.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Amanwulu1(m): 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
donphilopus:

Most of una go just dey spew gibberish. The Presidency would back him to the extent of allowing him adjourn sitting till July 21st when Ministers haven't been nominated nor cleared?! Buhari knows that if Saraki fails him, they wouldn't say the Senate failed, but Buhari. So he wouldn't back this rubbish!
does buhari look to u as one who has compiled d list of his ministers? Did u read his mind or u're defending his..... Na now day break?
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
Truth is 90% of the so called national assembly members stole their way to the hallowed chambers. SOLUTION IS: Close down the senate. Nigerians will be okay with a unicameral house of representatives alone because it is more representative and nearer to the grassroots than the senate.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by corektchic: 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
The way things are going ehn very soon even the presidency would b taken over by pdp through an ex-pdp member. Impunity is gradually returning
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by AhmedMustapha(m): 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

If Saraki can be "elected" by only PDP members, I expect APC members to reconvene and impeach him. I doesn't have to be with a 2/3 majority. Buhari should learn from Obasanjo and stop being too democratic. It may lead to problem that may even lead to the closure of the House. It won't stop Buhari from having his ministers. The "principle of necessity" will be adopted.
This your principle of necessity will set the nation on fire o!
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by seedorfabbey: 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
hansad:

It is the duty of the senators to choose their principal officers - not Tinubu's or Buhari's or Oyegun's or any other person outside the Senate Chambers.
but we are all alive d PDP was nomited senator Abu ibrahim from katsina as senate chief whip and nobody go against it. Saraki is coming to an end politically am assured you
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by drss(m): 7:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
pls open ur bible,read d exact word of jesus,in john 10:1, jesus said, anyone that enter not by d door but pass thru any other way,d same is a thief and a robber
The Bible also said Liars will not see the Kingdom of God.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by unphilaz(m): 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
When you ppl welcomed rebels with open arms during the last dispensation, u Called them soldiers of democracy. Now these soliders are still not taking orders. infact they are proving to be mercenaries. Buhari would know that what ever goes around comes around. A precedence has already been set. He would understand that he who has good will must come with clean hands. You can neva get there throug lies and propaganda and xpect to have a smooth ride.

Message from GEJ to Buhari

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by unphilaz(m): 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
Emekamex:
Saraki knows he has PDP as allies; even if APC try to impeach him, they don't have two third of the house. The ball is on Saraki's court.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by unphilaz(m): 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
APC should purnish Saraki. He is anti party.

how please?
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by stanislaus67(m): 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
helovesme:
i saw this coming honestly.

saraki is PDP - flesh and blood.
Just like Tambuwal was APC then! Have you forgotten so soon?

1 Like

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by proudlyafrican1: 8:09pm On Jun 25, 2015
SeverusSnape:

DonFOOLopus, Don't you know Saraki is a progressive?.... And a Democrat, You should be happy we have someone like him as the president of the Senate.

DonFOOLopus! lol
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by PhockPhockMan: 8:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

#UnSeatSarakiNow!

If wishes were horse.

gringringrin
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by PhockPhockMan: 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
APC should purnish Saraki. He is anti party.

SEE PAIN-MENT.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Rilwayne001: 8:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
Demmzy15:

Lemme them impeach the guy, he's done nothing for Kwara. He's just growing fatter day by day and its really annoying! Someone said I should be happy a man from Kwara is the Senate President, I told him his emergence as the Senate is a disaster to the people of Kwara. Many won't realize that now!

I wasn't even talking about Saraki. Infact, I pray they impeach him soon.. My major concern is the President, I pray these traitors don't later come after him.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
AhmedMustapha:
This your principle of necessity will set the nation on fire o!
Something just has to be done. Obasanjo did it.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Tinubu goons have now turned to cry babies.. pity
. . . and you're no longer clamouring Lower Niger.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by gegeski: 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
This is nt an issue of party. Wit d way APC's ar goin, I can see dey hv no ambition nd future fr dis country. Al I can see is self interest nd nt Nigerians good. Nt up to 2 months nd dia REAL self is unvailing.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Demmzy15(m): 9:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I wasn't even talking about Saraki. Infact, I pray they impeach him soon.. My major concern is the President, I pray these traitors don't later come after him.
Haba PMB na be smart guy, he'll deal with them effectively!

1 Like

Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Deltagiant: 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
VirginFinder:

Why are you guys so dull?
Gambari is a Fulani name while Saraki is a Yoruba name.

If you tell me you are an ape, does that make you one?

Saraki's father tried hard to suck up to the Fulanis for political reasons but met with rejection time and again.

Fulanis know each other and they dont bear Yoruba names.

Come on! Lecture me more on your stupidity

'Fulanis will never bear Yoruba names' Right? Then, how come the Agboola in Gambari's name when the Fulanis are allergic to non Fulani names

Lecture me more on the Yoruba origin of the name Saraki...oh, Seriki...bunkum!

Why must you people drag in other culture to patch up a hollow and failed 'sophisticated' ego mission? Allow the Saraki family be, please!
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by VirginFinder: 9:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
Deltagiant:

Come on! Lecture me more on your stupidity

'Fulanis will never bear Yoruba names' Right? Then, how come the Agboola in Gambari's name when the Fulanis are allergic to non Fulani names

Lecture me more on the Yoruba origin of the name Saraki...oh, Seriki...bunkum!

Why must you people drag in other culture to patch up a hollow and failed 'sophisticated' ego mission? Allow the Saraki family be, please!

You are a dullard!
Gambari is Fulani name while Saraki is Yoruba one. They bear Saraki in Ogun state.
Gambari may have a Yoruba mum hence the Yoruba name.

Who is attaching to whom? If the Sarakis dont want be Yoruba, they'll simply stop bearing Yoruba names and publish it in the papers just like the Emir of Ilorin did when he was about to ascend the throne.

Of course, that wont happen in a billion years.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Deltagiant: 9:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are a dullard!
Gambari is Fulani name while Saraki is Yoruba one. They bear Saraki in Ogun state.
Gambari may have a Yoruba mum hence the Yoruba name.

Who is attaching to whom? If the Sarakis dont want be Yoruba, they'll simply stop bearing Yoruba names and publish it in the papers just like the Emir of Ilorin did when he was about to ascend the throne.

Of course, that wont happen in a billion years.

Poor you! I could see you're not conversant with the news about the sarakis....the patriach, Olusola Saraki.

Read more about them so as to stop insulting yourself in the social media!
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Deltagiant: 9:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
Real identity of the Sarakis from the late patriach

My mother is from Iseyin in Oyo State, while my father is from Ilorin in Kwara State. My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu and they were religious, but my people came there as practising Muslims from Mali with their own Quran. In fact, the Emir and I used to joke that we had our own Quran and that nobody gave us Quran. My great-grandfather brought our own Quran to Ilorin from Mali to Agbaji where we settled. The Agbaji quarters is about 200 to 300 years old. Over the years, religious piety and devotion have led the prohibition of drumming (in whatever circumstance) in the area.

But because of our connection with the Southern people, a lot of Yoruba are always in Ilorin and so we speak the same language.

If you look at the Ilorin people, the real Ilorin people like Saraki for example, the culture and their ways share affinity with those of the far Northern Nigeria. That accounts for the difference you observe between us and, particularly, people of the South-West, despite the existence, now, of Yoruba as a common language. I leave people to say whatever they like about me. Some people even say I am from Ogun State and some even say I am from Togo but I know where I am from. Even, not long ago, I had a letter inviting me to join in the formation of a Mali-Fulani Organization and that I should be its chairman.

Learn to respect people's history and stop exposing the wounded pride the more, thereby making yourselves look more stupidily desperate!

https://www.nairaland.com/311148/saraki-fulani-mali
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by VirginFinder: 9:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
Deltagiant:

Poor you! I could see you're not conversant with the news about the sarakis....the patriach, Olusola Saraki.

Read more about them so as to stop insulting yourself in the social media!

You are so late!
Go and research on the 'patriarch's' father and come back to share your findings.
Those guys are pure Yorubas using your heads.
Re: After Going Against His Party's Directives, Saraki Adjourns Sitting To July 21st by Deltagiant: 9:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are so late!
Go and research on the 'patriarch's' father and come back to share your findings.
Those guys are pure Yorubas using your heads.

You got nothing to say. So shameful. Just respect people's opinion of their own history!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Full List Of The Members-Elect Of The House Of Reps / Uchechi Okwu Reacts To Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest & Detention / Dangote Calls Tinubu “Asiwaju Of Nigeria” At The Launch Of His Fertilizer Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.