Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,438 members, 7,937,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 09:21 PM

Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times (22871 Views)

Buhari Is Making Appointments Without Tinubu's Knowledge- Lagos Assembly / Buhari’s Delay In Making Appointments Exposing Us To Ridicule-apc Chieftain / Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by neocortex: 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
RickyTan:
SEE biased reporting. People just looking for an excuse to complain.

The government s struggling to pay its workers, yet these propaganda outlets are demanding that the government hire more politicians?
More people to pay wardrobe allowance, housing, bogus foreign trips - all just a drain on scarce Nigerian resources with nothing in return.

Time to do MORE with LESS.

You must be out of your mind to type that.
So government shouldn't appoint ministers because some states are owing workers.
Don't you think it is better Buhari resigns since he couldn't pay salary.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by mrpackager(m): 6:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
APC!!!!!!!
SHAME embarassed
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by 1miccza: 6:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
SenseiX:
First it was Sahara Reporters, now Premium Times has joined in turning on Bubu's govt, How ironic....no more GEJ to lie about

Myyy brooothherr it's such a funny situation.. In my place,an adage says "when the lion has consumed everyone of it's prey and there's no other prey left, it would begin to feast on itself"...

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by sunshine1974(m): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
I now believe Sahara reporter is out to xpose any government, I use to think Sahara reporter was only anti jonathan/ pdp until dey started taking on buhari/apc
SenseiX:
First it was Sahara Reporters, now Premium Times has joined in turning on Bubu's govt, How ironic....no more GEJ to lie about
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by Eluwilussit(m): 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
SenseiX:

My dear na market now. Them press boys must chop. They will write anything to put food on table. Nothing personal.
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by hamilton62(m): 6:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
chukwukamma:
Mr President has sought for our patience and understanding. It could be that he is taking his time not to make a bad choice, but he know we were promised that APC government will swing into action once inaugurated but this is not happening now. The confusion in national assemble is as a result of delay in taking decision on what goes to what zone, hope this delay will not get us into another confusion.
Governance is not an easy task and this is what APC and Mr President pretended not to be aware of during their campaign.

http://nelsonnwegbo..com/
who are you, Mr President's spokes person or APC's?
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by Eluwilussit(m): 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
repogirl:
Isnt this what happens when you dont have certificate? Are you surprised really? What did the Nigerians who voted the aging man who probably sleeps more than he works, to do? A miracle?

I will keep laughing from my corner.

This is just the beginning. They ain't seen nothing yet. A bunch of idiiots and hypocrites, who told lies and used propaganda to gain power. I am not surprised at all. Actually, I laugh at my friends now when they complain. Only God can save us this time.
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by unclejb2(m): 6:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
Buhari is yet to recover from the shock of not being involved in another civil war as a result of GEJ's defeat concession. He had no initial plans of governing a peaceful and united Nigeria. APC is shit.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by unclejb2(m): 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
Eluwilussit:

My dear na market now. Them press boys must chop. They will write anything to put food on table. Nothing personal.
And dull Buhari is gonna be the scape goat. His administrative and political blunders in just 4 weeks are alarming.
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by Eluwilussit(m): 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
unclejb2:
And dull Buhari is gonna be the scape goat. His administrative and political blunders in just 4 weeks are alarming.

You know when some of us were criticizing the choice of buhari by apc, we did it from a very patriotic view without any prejudice and bias. At 72, a man who didn't achieve anything in his last 30 years, couldn't honestly be our only hope. How we fell for this cheap propaganda, beats my thinking.

For the sake of the masses, I am praying that pmb will succeed. I will support him and his govt, just so the masses don't suffer if he fails. Do I have faith in him? Not an iota! But I wish him well and God's guidance.

This is looking more and more like "one chance". Even his staunch supporters around me are listless.
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by mekadinho(f): 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
OUR President Buhari IS A SLOWPOKE. OLD AGE REALLY WORKING ON President Buhari.
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by davinchi86(m): 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
jamex93:
mtchewwwwwwwwwww

make una leave this man alone and allow him to work

wat is worth doing is worth doing well
allow this man to take his time to work

abi na waitin b una problem na

na so dem do jona fail

baba the lord is your strength continue jor
shut ur trap

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by davinchi86(m): 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
jamex93:
mtchewwwwwwwwwww

make una leave this man alone and allow him to work

wat is worth doing is worth doing well
allow this man to take his time to work

abi na waitin b una problem na

na so dem do jona fail

baba the lord is your strength continue jor
shut ur trap
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by Myself2(m): 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
lurther:
Seriously, after winning election since march and Buhari is still yet to assemble his team, all I can say is that, he is confused.

Buhari is really in a state of confusion. And people were blaming and abusing Gej as if being a president of Nigeria is like being a class teacher.

All I can say is, Nigeria will be in the biggest mess in the next four years. GEJ's tenure would be child's play to what the maladministration Buhari is about to unleash on us.

We saw through their lies and tried to warn folks that the certificateless Daura President is unfit for the presidency, but idiotic asswipes were saying that even if the mumu had only NEPA bill, they'd vote for him
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by CriticalThought: 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
sammyj:
Definitely PMB does not posses all the expertise experience to run it all. But we need to thread gently in order not run the government down. Imagine the on going crisis the N Assembly is facing and who will approve the Ministerial appointees when the crisis persists along with the long break the Senate president just approved.

I agree the N. Assembly needs to settle but we are not even hearing of a date to announce. At least assure the public of a deadline to take action. Surely, thats not too much to ask
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by fizziea(m): 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
I dn tire for dz duara dullard ooo

not up to a month we dn xperienc

House of Reps Members are fighting,

Senate isn't Settle,

Boko Haram are Terrorising,

Radio Biafra is Preaching Hatred,

Buhari Is Visiting Farm....

well e no concern me cos na togo I dey.......

ntorrr!!! tongue
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by Charly68: 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
I thought he was prepared haven contested for the post for 4 Consecutive times but from the turn of events the Baba is not prepared for Governance..Our resolve for a change has turned to serious gambling ..He ought to have done his home work and hit the grand running but unfortunately no homework at all..His delay led to the bruhaha of NASS and it is affecting so many other things ..Somebody should tell the Baba that we are in a jet age now.
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by RickyTan: 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
neocortex:

You must be out of your mind to type that.
So government shouldn't appoint ministers because some states are owing workers.
Don't you think it is better Buhari resigns since he couldn't pay salary.

Buhari resign? So GEJ mismanaging Nigeria's resources is Buhari's fault? Talk about barking at the wrong tree.

Back to the subject - ministerial appointments - who needs ministers? Certainly Nigeria does not need them. These ministers need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs them. They are politicians that will end up just stealing Nigerian money.
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by ajebuter(f): 9:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
arsenal33:

Fool. That proves they are objective in their reporting

Or Tinubu is royally and majorly pissed at the old President Buhari

Because both are his mouth-pieces!
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by ajebuter(f): 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2015
mosho2good:
Who is the first olosho in nigeria

Aisha!

Hey na only Aisha I mention oh!
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by naira0(m): 10:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
[size=15pt]CHAiiiii[/size]
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by Emnyte(m): 11:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
Elmasu:
To be a president of Nigeria isn't child's play,and i believe he 's just taking his time @ dis juncture. Lets be supportive to d leadership of dis great country.
The question is, did jonathan get any support?
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by neocortex: 1:55am On Jun 26, 2015
RickyTan:

Buhari resign? So GEJ mismanaging Nigeria's resources is Buhari's fault? Talk about barking at the wrong tree.

Back to the subject - ministerial appointments - who needs ministers? Certainly Nigeria does not need them. These ministers need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs them. They are politicians that will end up just stealing Nigerian money.

You seems to have lost it completely.
Who is the incumbent president of Nigeria ?
Answering that question will go a long way in helping you to clarify issue.
And what is it with throwing "mismanage" cliche around these days, every Tom, Dick and Harry
just love to use the word to feel good.

Since ministers will still Nigeria's money , then it is better Nigeria should never have a minister again.
I will recommend you the incorruptible sage to become Nigeria's prime minister who will take over
all governmental parastatals.

By the way , have you noticed all your suggestions are anarchist manifesto ;
"kill the government because they are not needed".
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by RickyTan: 7:30am On Jun 26, 2015
neocortex:

You seems to have lost it completely.
Who is the incumbent president of Nigeria ?
Answering that question will go a long way in helping you to clarify issue.
And what is it with throwing "mismanage" cliche around these days, every Tom, Dick and Harry
just love to use the word to feel good.

Since ministers will still Nigeria's money , then it is better Nigeria should never have a minister again.
I will recommend you the incorruptible sage to become Nigeria's prime minister who will take over
all governmental parastatals.

By the way , have you noticed all your suggestions are anarchist manifesto ;
"kill the government because they are not needed".

The Ministers and the Senators are a major drain on Nigerian resources. We have to cut their overhead and conserve our Nigerian money so that the generality of Nigerians will see investments in electricity, education, health care, etc. We all want a functioning modern Nigerian State. Look at NASS fighting today. Are we paying them to fight?

My fervent prayer is that Nigeria will free up money for Infrastructure NOT waste our Nigerian money on the cost of governance. Is that asking too much?
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by neocortex: 9:36am On Jun 26, 2015
RickyTan:

The Ministers and the Senators are a major drain on Nigerian resources. We have to cut their overhead and conserve our Nigerian money so that the generality of Nigerians will see investments in electricity, education, health care, etc. We all want a functioning modern Nigerian State. Look at NASS fighting today. Are we paying them to fight?

My fervent prayer is that Nigeria will free up money for Infrastructure NOT waste our Nigerian money on the cost of governance. Is that asking too much?

Your motive is good ,of course everybody wants the cost of governance to be reduced, but I don't subscribe to scrapping of ministers.
They are not appointed just to bear the name "minister" , they are there because of the
work they do and I don't believe only the president can combine all ministerial
portfolios and survive.

If we are to go by your logic both NASS should be scrapped since their budget is way beyond that
of the ministers.
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by free13: 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
Chanji...... grin
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by RickyTan: 4:23am On Jun 27, 2015
neocortex:

Your motive is good ,of course everybody wants the cost of governance to be reduced, but I don't subscribe to scrapping of ministers.
They are not appointed just to bear the name "minister" , they are there because of the
work they do and I don't believe only the president can combine all ministerial
portfolios and survive.

If we are to go by your logic both NASS should be scrapped since their budget is way beyond that
of the ministers.

I understand that we cannot scrap ministers entirely, but let us reduce their numbers and the cost of hiring them. Government is not a for- profit business. Nigeria's GDP per Capita is 3000.00 USD. Very weak. Why is this? Weak physical capital. And to some extent under developed human capital - poor schools, hospitals.

Growing an economy is not rocket science. But we choose to not do the needful, so we remain relatively a poor country.
Re: Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times by neocortex: 9:54am On Jun 27, 2015
RickyTan:

I understand that we cannot scrap ministers entirely, but let us reduce their numbers and the cost of hiring them. Government is not a for- profit business. Nigeria's GDP per Capita is 3000.00 USD. Very weak. Why is this? Weak physical capital. And to some extent under developed human capital - poor schools, hospitals.

Growing an economy is not rocket science. But we choose to not do the needful, so we remain relatively a poor country.

I agree we need to reduce the number of ministers but that is not to say the decision
have to be delayed forever, that was my initial grouse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ramatu Tijani: Minister’s Aides Brutalise Journalist, Slap Security Men In Abuja / American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft / Zahra Buhari-indimi Gushes About Her Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.