Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:13 PM

Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate (59183 Views)

Wanted Officers Of Nigeria Custom Submits Self For Investigation / Photos: Bukola Saraki Plays Basketball In Honor Of D'tigers Victory / Saraki, Dogara, Dare APC; Reject Party’s Choices Of Principal Officers For NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by ElFenomeno1: 1:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are just being myopic.

Obasanjo rode on the back of the north to power and eventually turned his back on them and almost totally destroyed the northern hegemony.
Obasanjo's 8-yr administration saw Yorubas own major govt assets via the privatisation program - AP, NICON etc

As for GEJ, we booted him out.

And now, we backed Buhari so that the north will also back Osinbajo for the presidency in the near future.

Even during the regional system of govt, Awolowo longed to be at the centre and tried albeit unsuccessfully to be there.
As it stands, the centre is where everything happens.

Mind you, you need the support of the north to get the presidency.

The last sentence is absolutely true and imperative for any aspiring president and his or her party, the North is very decisive regarding where power shifts to!
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by VirginFinder: 1:22pm On Jun 26, 2015
@Shymexx
Who made Tinubu the paramount Yoruba leader?

Tinubu's loss is not equivalent to Yorubas' loss.

Tinubu worked against the general Yoruba interest in 2011 by dissing Mulikat Akande in favour of Tambuwal.
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by VirginFinder: 1:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
Chigorkizz:
No. 2 is a mere commisioner!!
Rubbish! What matters most is that he is next in line to the president. Remember GEJ.
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by SirShymexx: 1:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are just being myopic.

Obasanjo rode on the back of the north to power and eventually turned his back on them and almost totally destroyed the northern hegemony.
Obasanjo's 8-yr administration saw Yorubas own major govt assets via the privatisation program - AP, NICON etc

As for GEJ, we booted him out.

And now, we backed Buhari so that the north will also back Osinbajo for the presidency in the near future.

Even during the regional system of govt, Awolowo longed to be at the centre and tried albeit unsuccessfully to be there.
As it stands, the centre is where everything happens.

Mind you, you need the support of the north to get the presidency.

Err, turning his back on them doesn't negate the fact that his ascendancy and what did afterwards had absolutely nothing to do with Yoruba politics. He was a product of the Northern hegemony and the yanks, hence he has continued to lead the rest of his political life trying to placate them. That's how much power they have got.

You got GEJ there - starting from the SNG group and giving him the required votes to win the subsequent election. But how come he turned his back on the Yorubas after using them? What happened to the Yoruba sophisticated politics and the need to always carve out ya interests, before throwing ya collective political hats behind a candidate?

Lmao @ the North backing Osinbajo. Let's just leave political mathematics/calculations and how there are no permanent promises/friends in politics alone for now. But does Osinbajo look like a presidential material to you? Anyway, the North will always do what's best for the North and they've already created a dynasty by default right now - with the way they control both APC and PDP. So Osinbajo is more or less a pipe dream. After Buhari, a next Northerner would become the president - take it from me. They have both parties on lock and they'll keep moving between the two, depending on what favours them.

Yes, everything happens at the center, but Yorubas lack what it takes to compete there. That's my point. Just keep fighting for regional government and for the country to be restructured and stop chasing an hopeless dream. Heck, even on home-front - you already lost two states to opposition parties and everything is in disarray. undecided
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by VirginFinder: 1:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
sorepco:
saraki is a gambari pretending to be yoruba with a yoruba name to annex kwara..a yoruba state. go and see the appoiuntments in and from kwara, 80 % are fulani.

You've been scammed!
That someone bears pure muslim names does NOT make him/her Fulani e.g. Ahmed Fatai, Kwara Governor.
However, Saraki with pure Yoruba names is proudly Yoruba by birth and ancestry.
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by VirginFinder: 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
SirShymexx:

Err, turning his back on them doesn't negate the fact that his ascendancy and what did afterwards had absolutely nothing to do with Yoruba politics. He was a product of the Northern hegemony and the yanks, hence he has continued to lead the rest of his political life trying to placate them. That's how much power they have got.

You got GEJ there - starting from the SNG group and giving him the required votes to win the subsequent election. But how come he turned

Cool down bro!

Yorubas left the presidency just 8 years ago.
We know when it's our turn to have it and when the time comes, nobody can stop us.

MKO Abiola defeated a northerner to win the presidential election in 1993.

Obasanjo defeated Buhari to win a second term in 2003.

Any Buhari-backed Yoruba candidate will win irrespective of whether PDP fields a northerner or not when the time comes.
What matters most is the north being convinced that they have exhausted their turn - at least 8 straight years.

Also, there have always been Yorubas at the centre. It's only they were not popular at home e.g. late Adedibu, Akinjide etc
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by VirginFinder: 1:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
Themandator:

When the elder Saraki, who actually granted this interview, passed on how many cultural practices of the Yorubas was carried out as an influential son?

Even secret society members gets exposed in death or th3 denial or politics was unto death

Muslims bury their dead ones purely according to Islamic rites. No more, no less!
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by VirginFinder: 1:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
uniqueboi:

Your mumu ripe like mango. How nos 2, 3 n 6 take make ur life better? Baskart

You should ask your envious ibo brothers who will rather die than face reality.
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by SirShymexx: 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
VirginFinder:

Cool down bro!

Yorubas left the presidency just 8 years ago.
We know when it's our turn to have it and when the time comes, nobody can stop us.

MKO Abiola defeated a northerner to win the presidential election in 1993.

Obasanjo defeated Buhari to win a second term in 2003.

Any Buhari-backed Yoruba candidate will win irrespective of whether PDP fields a northerner or not when the time comes.
What matters most is the north being convinced that they have exhausted their turn - at least 8 straight years.

Also, there have always been Yorubas at the centre. It's only they were not popular at home e.g. late Adedibu, Akinjide etc

Listen, I'm not talking about presidency rotation - I'm talking about protecting ya interests after being used to achieve a political objective. That's the bread and butter of politics: when you scratch my back, then I'll always owe you one, by protecting ya interests. So how come Yorubas can't achieve that simple task politically in Nigeria and they're more or less toilet paper everyone seems to wipe his bu.m with to get to the center and get dumped afterwards?

And stop daydreaming - the North controls both APC and PDP now. They already have a dynasty and nothing can stop them.
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by IlekeHD: 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
Themandator:

In other words, IBB kids are IGBOS because their mother is from Asaba or atiku's kids are Yoruba because he is married to a Yoruba... The late Saraki clarified that his ancestors are Malians

They're half Igbos half whatever IBB is.
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by IlekeHD: 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
Themandator:

In other words, IBB kids are IGBOS because their mother is from Asaba or atiku's kids are Yoruba because he is married to a Yoruba... The late Saraki clarified that his ancestors are Malians

On his father's side, they were Malians.
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by VirginFinder: 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
SirShymexx:

Listen, I'm not talking about presidency rotation - I'm talking about protecting ya interests after being used to achieve a political objective. That's the bread and butter of politics: when you scratch my back, then I'll always owe you one, by protecting ya interests. So how come Yorubas can't achieve that simple task politically in Nigeria and they're more or less toilet paper everyone seems to wipe his bu.m with to get to the center and get dumped afterwards?

Okay, what interests are you talking about exactly?
Let's start from there.
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by VirginFinder: 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
Bluffly:

Dunce, read this and come back to tell us who is or not Yoruba
http://saharareporters.com/2010/12/08/politics-saraki-and-identity-crisis-northern-yoruba-nigeria

@IlekeHD

Forget the Mali story crappola.

Only ibos are decieved.
The core Hausa/Fulani know themselves.

After Saraki was rejected as the northern consensus candidate for the presidency in 2011 in favour of Atiku, he learnt his lesson that the core north was never deceived.

The link above is the true story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by Shymm3x: 2:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
VirginFinder:

Okay, what interests are you talking about exactly?
Let's start from there.

The government in power is a coalition government of sort between the North and SW. And interests are protected by dividing the posts of the principal officers between the two blocs involved - just as how the Tories and Lib Dem divided all the principal posts between the two parties during the coalition government. However, in the case of Nigeria right now - the North has swallowed everything that's to be taken - apart from the VP position that was on the ballot paper.

So the question is: where's the Yoruba political sophistication and how come the junior partner in the coalition keeps getting shegged? That's what discerning minds want to know. The North has taken everything in the parliament (all the deputy positions are inconsequential) and this has never happened in the history of Nigeria. The control the executive arm. Ditto the judiciary. Accountant general is also a Northerner. Heck, even the head of the ports, which is in Yorubaland is a damn Northerner. Like seriously, when will this madness stop?
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by vega84(m): 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
Kai abk0i government #vegatalks
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by IlekeHD: 2:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
VirginFinder:

@IlekeHD

Forget the Mali story crappola.

Only ibos are decieved.
The core Hausa/Fulani know themselves.

After Saraki was rejected as the northern consensus candidate for the presidency in 2011 in favour of Atiku, he learnt his lesson that the core north was never deceived.

The link above is the true story.

Lol I know.

It's sad how deep their wounds go when inflicted by Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by VirginFinder: 2:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
Shymm3x:

The government in power is a coalition government of sort between the North and SW. And interests are protected by dividing the posts of the principal officers between the two blocs involved - just as how the Tories and Lib Dem divided all the principal posts between the two parties during the coalition government. However, in the case of Nigeria right now - the North has swallowed everything that's to be taken - apart from the VP position that was on the ballot pape

This sounds juvenile...

First, there is no geo-political zone called north. Rather, we have NW, NE & NC.

Hence, the alliance is between 3 northern zones and 1 southern zone.

Second, just like a number of unique tribes make up the south, we have a number of tribes make up the north.

Isnt it fair that all these tribes be given a sense of belonging especially those in the north.

For your information, Yakubu Dogara is a Christian and from a minority tribe in the north east.

Bukola Saraki is Yoruba from the north central.

The Senate Chief Whip has been reserved for the SW so also is the leadership of the HoR.

About the ports, Bode George once headed it. It's turn by turn.

Let's wait till Buhari releases his ministerial list before you start crying foul.
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by VirginFinder: 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
@SirShymexx
Why northerners dominate the judiciary is because while their southern counterparts pursued a private career, they went straight into th justice ministry and rose through the ranks.
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by Shymm3x: 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
VirginFinder:

This sounds juvenile...

First, there is no geo-political zone called north. Rather, we have NW, NE & NC.

Hence, the alliance is between 3 northern zones and 1 southern zone.

Second, just like a number of unique tribes make up the south, we have a number of tribes make up the north.

Isnt it fair that all these tribes be given a sense of belonging especially those in the north.

For your information, Yakubu Dogara is a Christian and from a minority tribe in the north east.

Bukola Saraki is Yoruba from the north central.

The Senate Chief Whip has been reserved for the SW so also is the leadership of the HoR.

About the ports, Bode George once headed it. It's turn by turn.

Let's wait till Buhari releases his ministerial list before you start crying foul.

Fam, shut up.

NW, NE, and NC - but where are SW, SS, and SE? - or is the South not part of Nigeria? And how come no one of the Southern region has been given any of those principal position? That's me using ya logic.

A damn Northern is a Northerner, under the Fulani hegemony.

Anyway, I'm out, some idiotic Yoruba mod has banned my handle for my posts on this thread and I honestly don't know how I broke any rules since I'm Yoruba. I suspect it's that ragheaded Northern slave, Maclatuji or whatever the fvck his name is. Fvck that nyggah. grin

I'm out! cool THE MESSAGE AND THE TRUTH!
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by stevecantrell: 2:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
akanbiaa:
am giving you aunthentic info from my family friends who are at Agbaji the family house they adopted the people the Sarakis came to meet in ilorin from Abeokuta and adopted their family house and you are telling me he is Fulani as a politician don't you know claiming Fulani generally is more beneficial and when he is among southwest folks he claims Yoruba. Lesson don't trust all what a politician tell you and about google it's people that put it there.

No staunch Fulani man will give his children Yoruba names and three generations of his family marry from women from the south west. At best, they are Yoruba with dual northern and western orientation.
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by VirginFinder: 2:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
Shymm3x:

Fam, shut up.

NW, NE, and NC - but where are SW, SS, and SE? - or is the South not part of Nigeria? And how come no one of the Southern region has been given any of those principal position? That's me using ya logic.

A damn Northern is a Northerner, under the Fulani hegemony.

Anyway, I'm out, some idiotic Yoruba mod has banned my handle for my posts on this thread and I honestly don't know how I broke any rules since I'm Yoruba. I suspect it's that ragheaded

That's wrong! Why should you be banned for expressing your honest fears and worries?

Didnt I tell you that the Senate Chief Whip and the HoR leadership position have been reserved for the SW?

In order of precedence starting from no 1 and ending in no 6, Yorubas have nos 2, 3 and 6 while the SW has nos 2 and 6.
This is very okay if you ask me.

Northern minorities have started finding their voice. It began in 1999.
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by 4stylz: 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are a slowpoke!
Yorubaland is bigger than the SW!!
Yoruba interests must be protected be in the SW or in the NC.

Then you will go and create your country elsewhere, not in this country; we will kick you out
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by akanbiaa(m): 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
Carlmax:

Jeezy! The father said he is fulani from Mali. Why not accept where a person claims to come from.
We only accept what a man says about his root if we have no fact and evidence to the root.
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by feyisejoy(m): 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Tinubu did not realize Saraki is a also a godfather in kwara state. So sad he had to learn this way. Now South West has lost out in the senate and are being rejected in the lower chambers too. hehehehehehehehehehe

Which village do you come from, even though Yoruba don't have any appointment again it is better than clueless regime where Yoruba is no where to be found from top 15 appointment.
O boy!
You need to go and learn ...
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by feyisejoy(m): 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Tinubu did not realize Saraki is a also a godfather in kwara state. So sad he had to learn this way. Now South West has lost out in the senate and are being rejected in the lower chambers too. hehehehehehehehehehe

Which village do you come from? even though Yoruba don't have any appointment again it is better than clueless regime where Yoruba is no where to be found from top 15 appointment.
O boy!
You need to go and learn ...
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
IlekeHD:

Saraki's mom is Yoruba
do you know his father's first name is Olushola?
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by IlekeHD: 4:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
Pprovost:

do you know his father's first name is Olushola?

Source?
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 26, 2015
nightmile:

Igbo's always develop goose pimples any where they see Yoruba's progressing and Igbos are the loosers here, your red cap lizard governors are all over Buhari/Osinbajo begging for slots and not to be neglected . you guys are myopic and follow wrong ideology sheepishly in the name of Ndigbo only to come back and beg. The V.P you guys are referring to as mere commissioner has lectured some of your flat head idiots that are parading themselves as lawyers today. The White head chimpanzee Ekweme you guys produced as slowpoke V.P can never worth the gardener of Osinbajo.

Tell them bro cheesy but you wicked sha! grin
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
VirginFinder:

Guy, who is the leader of the ruling political party in any democratic system of govt?
Isnt it the president and in Nigeria's case Buhari?

This is a northern govt.

Obasanjo had his time (8yrs).

Yar'Adua had his time (3yrs).

GEJ had his time (5yrs).

Now, Buhari is having his time.

It's the turn of the north bro. Two masters cant steer a ship.

Tinubu must give way to Buhari!

Between now and 2011, which is better.

We have nos 2, 3 & 6 as against nothing previously.

Come on, be grateful bro!

If ibos were the northerners, we'd have close to NOTHING!

Gbaja the speakership by a paltry 8 votes despite the fact that Yorubas had gotten the senate presidency via Saraki.
In the eyes of the core northerners, Bukola Saraki is a Yoruba man. This worked against Gbaja in the HoR election.

Give it to the north bro. They are far better allies.
God bless you bro. That is what i always tell those block heads that alliance with Hausas will always be better than the 'chest beaters' grin

2011 as a case study.
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2015
IlekeHD:

Lol I know.
It's sad how deep their wounds go when inflicted by Yorubas.
Lolzzz grin
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by exco90(m): 8:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
VirginFinder:

You dull gan o!

For you to know what Saraki means, you must either be a Yoruba man or a Fulani man. But since you are none of the above, you just have to keep quiet and siddon look.

Agreed, Kwara is NC, but who said Yorubas are limited only to the SW?

There are northern Yorubas and there are southern Yorubas.

Who told u am not a yoruba?... My names are tella lawal akorede.. Saraki or lemme say the kwaras are half yrouba and half ilorin we from abeokuta ibadan and the rest of the six geo political zone in south west.. Believed to be the yorubas.. Ilorin is not part of us.. We don't recognise dem as real yoruba.. It was only in ilorin that u will see seriki as a chief title.. we don't recognise such tiltle..
Re: Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 26, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kiki Osinbajo Steps Out In Gucci Outfit (photos) / Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses / Nnamdi Kanu To Support Amotekun With 1 Million IPOB Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.