Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,841 members, 7,872,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:58 PM

Obasanjo Addresses Nigerians, Calls On Nigerians To Celebrate Themselve - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Addresses Nigerians, Calls On Nigerians To Celebrate Themselve (284 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Hausa Man's Comment As Buhari Addresses Nigerians In Hausa / FG Denies Monitoring Nigerians' Calls And Social Media Posts / President Buhari addresses Nigerians, Says he is deeply Grateful (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Addresses Nigerians, Calls On Nigerians To Celebrate Themselve by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 26, 2015
Nigeria’s former president Olusegun Obasanjo has called on Nigerians to celebrate and honour themselves.
He said this on Thursday, June 25, during a ceremony held in Abeokuta, Ogun state, to honour Josiah Odowu-Fearon’s appointment as the secretary general of the World Anglican Communion.
Obasanjo was quoted as saying by The Punch:

“We should celebrate ourselves all the time. Nigerians have always been celebrated by outsiders. We should try to honour ourselves like what we are doing here today.” Odowu-Fearon noted that his relationship with Obasanjo had begun a long time ago. He described the ex-president as a true leader worthy of emulation.

He also urged Nigerians to refrain from action that might jeopardize the unity of the nation.
Advertisement

He praised Obasanjo, who despite being a Christian built a mosque at his presidential library complex. Odowu-Fearon stressed the importance for people to live in peace adding: “We serve only one God with different approaches.”

In a recent development Chief Obasanjo held a closed-door meeting with some Nigerian politicians in his residence. After the encounter the Akwa Ibom state governor, Emmanuel Udom, told journalists:

“I have come to show gratitude and respect for someone whom I regard as a father and whose advice I regard as invaluable and which also contributed to my victory at the polls.”

cc: Lalasticlala

READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/471919-obasanjo-calls-on-nigerians-to-celebrate-themselves.html

Re: Obasanjo Addresses Nigerians, Calls On Nigerians To Celebrate Themselve by amnesty7: 9:32am On Jun 26, 2015
Very true talk. I like lizards for this quality of self-celebration.
Re: Obasanjo Addresses Nigerians, Calls On Nigerians To Celebrate Themselve by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 26, 2015
only the politicians should celebrate nigeria not the poor, hungry & jobless ones.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pictures: Reps Fight Over Election Of Principal Officers / I Need A Job / Suicide Bombers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.