Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,286 members, 7,932,176 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 08:03 PM

Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama (1026 Views)

"I Am Sorry" Tony Blair Apologizes For Iraq War / African Union Should Withdraw From Somalia- From A Somali / Iran's Consulate Raided In Iraq By The Coalition Troops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by muhsin(m): 1:22pm On Feb 28, 2009
Washington (PTI): President Barack Obama has announced that US will withdraw all forces from Iraq by 2011 with its combat mission coming to an end by August 31, 2010. The much expected announcement was made by Obama at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina yesterday and with this he has fulfilled one of his major promises he made to the people of the United States during his election campaign.

Obama told the cheering crowd, "Let me say this as plainly as I can, by August 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end.

He said that he has chosen a timeline to remove all the combat brigades over the next 18 months, however, the US mission in Iraq would still continue. "After we remove our combat brigades, our mission will change from combat to supporting the Iraqi government and its Security Forces as they take the absolute lead in securing their country," Obama said.

"We will retain a transitional force to carry out three distinct functions: training, equipping and advising Iraqi Security Forces as long as they remain non-sectarian, conducting targeted counter-terrorism missions and protecting our ongoing civilian and military efforts within Iraq," he said.

He added, initially, this force will likely be made up of 35-50,000 US troops.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200902281560.htm
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by muhsin(m): 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2009
Good thought, Obama.

But why, I repeat why, are you so thoughtlessly preparing taking more troops to Afghanistan, where is named a dangerous ground by many European nations and as thus, the silently decline to take their soldiers there? That would certainly be a grave mistake you are about to commit.

Similarly, some weeks ago, I heard on the radio--BBC in precise, during a 20th anniversary of Russian-Afghan deadly war, Russian gov't warning the US and its allies that they are not gonna win in Afghanistan. Especially since they (Russia) lost. Its been "Russia" then with all the Red Armies, mighty war fare, tactics, etc notwithstanding. Hence, they fear and warn that Afghan soil is just gonna a grave yard for US Marines.

In spite of all these warnings (or even altimatum), Obama is yet headstrong going on with his plan.

Lets us see.
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 28, 2009
muhsin, has it ever crossed your mind to wonder why Afghanistan is a hotbed of islamic terrorism and violence? For once remove your head from your rear and stop blaming the US for polluting the air you breath.
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by MrCrackles(m): 10:34pm On Feb 28, 2009
Good news! cheesy
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by muhsin(m): 12:56pm On Mar 01, 2009
David, I barely understand what that--your laconic response means to say. I therefore won't reply. Please, can you expatiate a bit more? Thanks

MrCrackles, yeah, the news was good. But the second one I talked about is mindboggling, isn't it? But am sure so its to both US and we Muslims, for none is gonna win.
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 01, 2009
muhsin:

David, I barely understand what that--your laconic response means to say. I therefore won't reply. Please, can you expatiate a bit more? Thanks

goes right down to the heart of the matter. You islamic robots are either daft or tacitly endorse the campaign of terror by islamic jihadists. You keep whining about Obama taking troops to Afghanistan yet forget that Osama bn Laden and his cronies used that very nation as a base to plan sept 11? Do you expect the rest of the world to simply take Islamic terrorism and turn the other cheek?

How about Afghanistan stop being a base for terrorists? We wont need US troops there in the first place. Have you seen US troops in Congo? Congolese are not trying to kill Americans . . . simple logic.
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by Hauwa1: 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2009
God bless our Troops.
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by 4Play(m): 10:43pm On Mar 02, 2009
*Hauwa*:

God bless our Troops.

Kai! Wetin this one dey find here? Men dey debate, small girl come put mouth angry Run away from here before I unleash my koboko.
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by DeReloaded: 10:45pm On Mar 02, 2009
I think she's programmed to keep saying that tongue
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by 4Play(m): 10:48pm On Mar 02, 2009
How old is she? 12, 11?

If she types anything again on this thread, I will flog her back to pre-puberty.
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by MrCrackles(m): 10:50pm On Mar 02, 2009
*Hauwa*:

God bless our Troops.

Ur troops for where?

How your own be
?!
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by DeReloaded: 10:59pm On Mar 02, 2009
Um she's in the military, you guys wink
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by 4Play(m): 11:04pm On Mar 02, 2009
DeReloaded:

Um she's in the military, you guys wink

For real?

I always knew, after she admitted that she doesn't shave, that there is a bit of a tomboy in Hauwa.
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by Hauwa1: 11:40pm On Mar 02, 2009
4 Play happy new year. mind ya sef angry

i don't give a missile abt the hot steam you guys pour out in here. am in ROM okay. so am watching you lipsrsealed

God bless our Troops.

wetin you do Karma mi grin
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2009
Plz, the dude needs to work on Student Financial Aids first. . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by 4Play(m): 11:52pm On Mar 02, 2009
Look at teen girls running riot on this thread. Oya, before I count to 3, make una run away from here and go learn some knitting or something.
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by Hauwa1: 12:02am On Mar 03, 2009
old men in pants ranting around calling it debates while the real world is out there. utter rubbish!! volcanic eruptions from your mouth your call debate huh.

God bless our Troops. real men and women are out there and you are here to while away your time while your age are in afgan, iraq and pakistan with real guns. you are still here carrying squirting rubber gun with mouth agap.

pls take your gf out for dinner and stop wasting our time.
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 03, 2009
Who is teen?

The last time I checked, Hauwa, KarmaMod (DR) and I can go to the bar legally cool
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 03, 2009
Omoge, plz, you and your semper fei needs to comot from here. cheesy

SFA is what needs to be dealth with first.

Help our students finish college with competitive education.
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by Hauwa1: 12:06am On Mar 03, 2009
join you will get free college tuition and all. if i can do it, and my guy at anapolis can do it going to exp. schools without paying a dime, you sure can.

pls don't follow 4play kiss

SEMPER FI cheesy
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by 4Play(m): 12:08am On Mar 03, 2009
@Omoge

The only gun I carry is in my trousers but I don't want to spoil you anyway. They let kids in the army now? The military is dropping admission standards that's why. Chai. George Bush f*cked up the military darn good.  sad
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by DeReloaded: 12:08am On Mar 03, 2009
when is the wedding Hauwa dear? I wanna make sure it's a normal wedding and not a Navy one  tongue
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 03, 2009
Apart from my mom killing me herself cheesy I'd rather finish uni like the rest of my colleagues.

STUDENT FINANCIAL AIDS SHOULD BE DEALT WITH FIRST.

OUR CHILDREN ARE OUR CHILDREN LEADERS. SDA! tongue grin
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by DeReloaded: 12:10am On Mar 03, 2009
old men in pants ranting around calling it debates while the real world is out there. utter rubbish!! volcanic eruptions from your mouth your call debate huh.

God bless our Troops. real men and women are out there and you are here to while away your time while your age are in afgan, iraq and pakistan with real guns. you are still here carrying squirting rubber gun with mouth agap.

pls take your gf out for dinner and stop wasting our time.

Lmao. I see you allowed 4Play to annoy you. Dont mind him and his yeye rainforest of an island
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by Hauwa1: 12:11am On Mar 03, 2009
yeah, carry that one in your pant around. don't forget to check out sexuality forum on NL. they sure got 'guy' in there.

oh dear when we both done with sch jare. i need to kick azz esp those of 4play and co  wink
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by doyin13(m): 12:12am On Mar 03, 2009
I can't believe American troops are coming here to show themselves.

more undisciplined bunch of twats i have never met

I remember when they came to do some excercise in the UK when I was a cadet.

I know no wetin i do the boy oo, for pathway wey wide, the boy wan run me off the road.

walahi. . .I wan beat the boy die.

Its just a shame he was about six foot five and 240 pounds.

I tell am sorry  grin grin
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by DeReloaded: 12:14am On Mar 03, 2009
*Hauwa*:

yeah, carry that one in your pant around. don't forget to check out sexuality forum on NL. they sure got 'guy' in there.

[b]oh dear when we both done with sch jare. [/b]i need to kick azz esp those of 4play and co  wink

shey omo Naija naa or no?  tongue

Jobs first or Wedding?
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 03, 2009
@doyin
rotflmao. . . .
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by 4Play(m): 12:43am On Mar 03, 2009
@Omoge

Na me you dey talk to like that? Kick my ass? Little girl, I will whip your teenage ass like ass-whupping was obliged by God.

You want try me ? Look at this small girl o, better go to a thread discussing menstrual cycles or some other girlie stuff.
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by bawomolo(m): 12:46am On Mar 03, 2009
doyin13:

I can't believe American troops are coming here to show themselves.

more undisciplined bunch of twats i have never met

I remember when they came to do some excercise in the UK when I was a cadet.

I know no wetin i do the boy oo, for pathway wey wide, the boy wan run me off the road.

walahi. . .I wan beat the boy die.

Its just a shame he was about six foot five and 240 pounds.

I tell am sorry  grin grin

shameless grin grin
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by Hauwa1: 3:31am On Mar 03, 2009
yeah granpapi, it is you am talking to do ya worst kiss
Re: Us To Withdraw All Troops From Iraq By 2011: Obama by preselect(m): 4:56am On Mar 03, 2009
obama set date for an end to cambat in iraq . . hmmn, na waooo, sounds like bush'es mission accomplished undecided e get as e be o undecided

(1) (Reply)

Mossad - The World's Most Efficient Killing Machine! / Brics’ Move To Unseat US Dollar As Trade Currency / ''the Innocence Of Muslims'' The Movie Spreading Crisis In Middle East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.