Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,538 members, 7,905,093 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 05:32 AM

Why America's Christians Lost... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why America's Christians Lost... (361 Views)

These 8 Footballers Are Devoted Christians / Reasons Why America Isn't Greater Than Nigeria! / Did You Know That Truly Holy Christians Never Decay After Death?(its True) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why America's Christians Lost... by Sindarela: 8:25am On Jun 28, 2015
The recent ruling by US supreme court on same sex marriage is a big loss for Christian leaders both in the US and around the world. And I am not surprised because the real Christians aren't the main people leading the hate group(s). The vast majority of people leading Christians around the world are in the faith because of the profits they get from being Christians.

Audrey Barrick in an article in 2008 wrote that
'In a portrait of the "unchurched" in America, a new study found that most are willing to hear what people have to say about Christianity but a majority also sees the church as a place full of hypocrites. "A full 72 percent of the people interviewed said they think the church ‘is full of hypocrites,’".

A view also holds that the Christians are people filled with hate against homosexuals and are ready to fight it with all energy. Mariah Blake wrote in 2014 the story of one Scott Lively, an 'American pastor behind Uganda's anti-gay crackdown' who 'stirred up hate from Moscow to Kampala...and has played an unparalleled role in fostering the climate of hate that gave rise to Uganda's anti-gay law.'

The Christian leaders lost the anti-gay war in America because they fought with deep hatred against the homosexuals. And that's why proponents of gay rights supported the group. Many pro-gay rights aren't really gay but are angry at the deep hatred from the Christians against the group and felt the world was a free place where no religious group(s) should deprive the other their fundamental human rights of existence in the name of following some spiritual tenets which aren't really constitutional.

Jesus said in John 13:34-35:
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." The American front may appear to have been lost, but by love we can win other fronts to Christ. Jesus won't come down to talk to them. I also see gay people as those who need deep love and counselling. They shouldn't be hunted down with hatred. Christians have to stop living fake lives that aren't glorifying God's name too. Christians need to let their light so shine before all men so that men can glorify their God. By love, we wouldn't have to go on a fierce hate war against people who don't believe in our message(s) after our first approach.

By 'Yemi

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadon / 30 Killed In Gombe Bomb Explosions / How To Do Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.