Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,133 members, 7,943,088 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:23 AM

Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday (19444 Views)

Banks May Takeover Etisalat Over Debt / 7 Banks May Seek Merger Over Worsening Liquidity: Leadership Newspaper / 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by noncy21: 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
chuksmad:
No, just only once with one bank you have an acct with
Ok. tnx
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by FACTUALLYE(m): 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
NA WASH JARE... AM SURE THE DEADLINE WILL BE EXTENDED TWICE AGAIN BEFORE IT IS EXTENDED INDEFINITELY... TILL THEN AM NOT IN FOR ANY B.V.N mtchew
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by Adesiji77: 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
We Nigerians are notorious for the "last minute rush" phenomenon.

The Bank Verification Number (BVN) project was launched in February 2014 by the Central bank of Nigeria (CBN) in collaboration with the Bankers Committee.

Since then, a spirited campaign was run by the CBN, the Bankers Committee and all commercial banks in the Nigeria. More than a year down the line, Nigerians are now rushing to beat the deadline.

You cannot blame CBN for insisting that the date is sacrosanct, otherwise, people would keep ignoring it.

Save for the Nigerians in the diaspora, this deadline is necessary to enforce compliance.
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by armadeo(m): 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
woodcook:
Why cant they do this shit online with all the money CBN make? I dont think it will cost a fortunate to come up with best way of doing it online. If I remember correctly all mobile lines are registered. CBN should have teamed with telecom providers and the agency in charge of issuance of national id. The use of online portal will ensure that more people get their bvn without going to the banks.

Common sense isn't common. They would pretend as if they don't know this. This issue is very simple as you have rightly stated.
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by watchindelta(m): 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
I don do my own today oh I wait from 8am to 12:39pm b4 I do my own cheesy grin
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by airsaylongcon: 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
bluehorizo:
My worry is about Data Protection. FRSC= Biometric, NIN= Biometric, Financial Institution=Biometric. What happens should your data get into unknown hands. We know many things could happen with your data in the hands of these criminals.

My same exact worry! We have dropped very personal biometric data all over the place. Who is to say that this data won't fall into funny hands.
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by charlsecy(m): 8:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
kamez:

I did mine 5 weeks ago. and I was given a number on a piece of paper and also told that I would get a message via text.
I ve not gotten any text message till today....
Go back to the bank, give them the sheet of paper or your account number and they will give you your BVN.
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by stanvesco(m): 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
so it means,if i walk into the bank ön wednesday....i wönt be able to widraw,send or make any transaction!!!
U mean if i want to close my account and collect my money they wont ansa me!!
U mean 4eva n eva,my money have gone!!!
Even if na mark of d beast number dem wan give pipu,wont dir b anoda shaaance! Neh!!

Even if na nigeria dey divide wont i kollect my money!!!!

If dem born uba ,access ,and gtb branch 4 zaria well,make dem try me....didnt we do dis same shit in d bank some years back.

Mtccheew!!!
Abeg any capenter on nairaland,i need a giant kolo
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by ednut1(m): 5:59am On Jun 30, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
Immigration, NCC, NIMC all have my Bio-Metric why should another private company request for my finger print again. Am I their employee
My data is too everywhere like i'm not even safe sef.
CBN made the law ma. its held by the cbn nt d banks. all our bio data shud be linked. bt u no our country. pple need contract to supply d equipment nd conduct d same tests. all hail Nigeria
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by Raymondluv(m): 10:17am On Jun 30, 2015
na naija we dey..dem go extended am if nt witch go dance for der head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Raises Interest Rate To 18.75% / How To Earn #10000 A Day Without Spending A Dime / Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.