Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

Enlighten A Brother Pls - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Enlighten A Brother Pls (1319 Views)

Pls Help A Brother / Help A Brother Pls / A Brother Need An Advise....pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enlighten A Brother Pls by yvesboss(m): 4:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
OK..
This matter has been seriously bothering me, i hope here is the right place.

We all know its morally not right to tell lies but what would one do in this situation to be morally upright.

You have been invited for a Job interview and you gotta leave your place of work to attend to it..to say the truth might cost you your job and to tell a great lie might be the saving grace.

So in this situation, What are yu gonna do?
Re: Enlighten A Brother Pls by ice25(f): 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
Lie and later ask for forgiveness.
Re: Enlighten A Brother Pls by yvesboss(m): 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2015
ice25:

lol..what if yu told the lie and unknown to you, your boss was amongst the panel to inteview you?
Re: Enlighten A Brother Pls by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
ice25:

The abuse of the grace of God. Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
Re: Enlighten A Brother Pls by yvesboss(m): 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2015
Scrypt:

The abuse of the grace of God. Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?

bro..so help a brother out
Re: Enlighten A Brother Pls by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
Then say the truth
What will be will be
Re: Enlighten A Brother Pls by obajoey(m): 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
Let not little obstacle stand in ur way to a greater place.

It depends on the boss and ur relationship wit him/her.

I have worked with a boss that I do tell him whenever I am to attend an interview cos he himself was looking for better opportunities.

I am with anoda boss(woman) now that I can't tell her if am going for an interview cos sometimes I asked her for a permission to get to somewhere one time like that and she rejected and of which I was just testing her to kno if I can tell her sometn like that.
So with that kind of person u just need to frame sumtyn up jare.

The bible says "I have seen a righteous man that perishes in his righteousness"

Just pray sha.
#Godstillworkwonders

1 Like

Re: Enlighten A Brother Pls by yvesboss(m): 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
obajoey:
Let not little obstacle stand in ur way to a greater place.

It depends on the boss and ur relationship wit him/her.

I have worked with a boss that I do tell him whenever I am to attend an interview cos he himself was looking for better opportunities.

I am with anoda boss(woman) now that I can't tell her if am going for an interview cos sometimes I asked her for a permission to get to somewhere one time like that and she rejected and of which I was just testing her to kno if I can tell her sometn like that.
So with that kind of person u just need to frame sumtyn up jare.

The bible says "I have seen a righteous man that perishes in his righteousness"

Just pray sha.
#Godstillworkwonders

True talk...i work with the Chairman direct...like his P.A..Do his clerical jobs...i am the first person he asks for every morning.
Cuz of fear, i have missed loads of interview but now, i gotta pull myself out.

1 Like

Re: Enlighten A Brother Pls by yvesboss(m): 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Then say the truth
What will be will be

yea...true talk

but you can bear me witness that it aint that easy though..the fear of loosing your current job because of a slight carelessness which can be avoided is frightening.
Re: Enlighten A Brother Pls by Obeenah(m): 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
Just tell them with reasonable time of notice you won't be around on that day for personal issues. Shikena.
Re: Enlighten A Brother Pls by yvesboss(m): 8:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
Obeenah:
Just tell them with reasonable time of notice you won't be around on that day for personal issues. Shikena.

hmm..nice idea..but it will arise suspicion
Re: Enlighten A Brother Pls by Obeenah(m): 10:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
yvesboss:

hmm..nice idea..but it will arise suspicion

Like they won't know you are making moves to move up to another company already. 80% of Nigerian workers are constantly on the lookout for new jobs especially if you don't get paid well or don't work in a multinational or govt parastetal. Believe me they know. You will give yourself up by dressing a little better on the particular day you want to take that 2 or 3 hours off work.

We all see but no one really talks except when it becomes too frequent and affects your job.

1 Like

Re: Enlighten A Brother Pls by yvesboss(m): 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Then say the truth
What will be will be

so true
Re: Enlighten A Brother Pls by yvesboss(m): 3:55am On Nov 12, 2016
yvesboss:
OK..
This matter has been seriously bothering me, i hope here is the right place.

We all know its morally not right to tell lies but what would one do in this situation to be morally upright.

You have been invited for a Job interview and you gotta leave your place of work to attend to it..to say the truth might cost you your job and to tell a great lie might be the saving grace.

So in this situation, What are yu gonna do?

(1) (Reply)

Doreo Partners Test Invite / My Husband Is In Need Of Sales/marketing Job / Please Did Anyone No About This People. I Received This Message Yesterday.you Ar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.