Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,301 members, 7,910,576 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 12:22 PM

Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn (33576 Views)

NNPC: 5 Damaging Things Kachikwu Revealed In His Letter To Buhari / Buhari Seeks Senate Approval To Borrow N2.10 Trn / “in Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
gbl01:

I'm sorry I'm responsible for your inability to understand my statement. You might need to re-read my post to get the point.

Again, I'll state It clearly. Pull out her budget and all spendings... The loss you can calculate will be under 10billion USD. If NNPC's total theft is that then nobody need say anything. But the press threw that at us and here we are content with it.. Screaming and shouting to have them killed without getting the details. Nobody is calling for a genuine independent audit to get the exact lost figure, we are content with this! You're ready tonjudge NNPC and even judge me. How will u know the exact stolen figure, how will you ever recover it? There's much more where that came from, ask Sanusi.

You still don't get it. I am tired of tutoring you like a 5year old please.

This is after sales profit. Not Net profit.

This is the Gross profit after deductions have been made to the various Joint Ventures and International Oil Companies.

This is money made after cost of production has been factored and effectively paid for. This is the "supposed NNPC profit"

For example...

We drilled x number of barrels of oil. Giving international price. We sold at 200$ per barrel. We made x billion dollars. We shared it 40-60% in favour of NNPC and Oil coys. The 40% share of ours is this....That 40% is what is 8.1 trillion naira of which NNPC remitted only 4.3 and kept the rest. Note this is profit after cost of production and deductions has been made.

8 Likes

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by joseph1832(m): 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
midolian:
lol..abeg no mind barcanista. He jst had to say anything to defend his paymasters. cheesy cheesy
Bro I mind am oh!. I mind am wella. See how all the PDP vaudeville of pundits supporters shy away from this thread, only barcanista show up, even though say na opata him dey yan. But if na thread wey say make PMB declare him assets or appoint ministers, dem go swarm the thread like fly wey surround shit.

Tags: OREMUSSANCTUS, temitemi1, ECOTERRORS, Mogidi, whynotthetruth, truckpusher, SeverusSnape, INTROVERT, and gbo gbo aye dot com of PDP supporters. grintongue

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
lilprinze:
APC has started with their cheap lies and propaganda again. They should show us proof or shut the f**k up.
Mr man why do you speak with so much impunity and insincerity of heart.
Did you watch the news on silver bird you will cry on hearing the explanation from the two major governors that will lead the investigation oshiomole and el rufai and you are here saying unforgivable words.
If what they said are lies why did your master GEJ say he will fight corruption if he comes back to power?
Mr man please behave your self people are reading your comment.
I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by 989900: 11:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
joseph1832:
Financial autonomy against the government they respond to?.

Tell me, who appoints the GMD of the NNPC? Or even the governor of the central bank?. And you're saying these institutions have financial autonomy to pocket money and not let the very government they respond to know they pocketed money?.

I taya for you bros!. Abeg show me the law or laws that gave the NNPC financial autonomy to pocket money!. I just one see am with my own eye.

You are responding to a self-styled m0r0n . . . quit responding to him . . . he has that special ability of either switching on/off his cerebral cortex at will.

4 Likes

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
joseph1832:
Financial autonomy against the government they respond to?.

Tell me, who appoints the GMD of the NNPC? Or even the governor of the central bank?. And you're saying these institutions have financial autonomy to pocket money and not let the very government they respond to know they pocketed money?.

I taya for you bros!. Abeg show me the law or laws that gave the NNPC financial autonomy to pocket money!. I just one see am with my own eye.
Bros, NNPC spend from their revenue and refund the rest to the Federation Àccount. The Problem with the laws governing nnpc is that they didn't place any bench-mark nor specify the limit NNPC can go. For instance, ministers are restricted from approving contracts beyond a particular amount. That must go through the FEC. Back to NNPC, the law should have made them to propose and submit their budget to the NASS like other Agencies. But the law granted them so much power. This is not different from CBN. Bros, leave matter jare
Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by ezenonso: 11:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
Oshomole has always been wrong . This is just another way of putting sanusi figures out in the open again. The problem with Nigeria stats is that it lacks details.

Am tired of our figures I need details. Thats where the devil is. Remember oshomole and excess crude action . He was silenced by okonjo's details.
I need details .
Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
johnny1980:

You still don't get it. I am tired of tutoring you like a 5year old please.

This is after sales profit. Not Net profit.

This is the Gross profit after deductions have been made to the various Joint Ventures and International Oil Companies.

This is money made after cost of production has been factored and effectively paid for. This is the "supposed NNPC profit"

For example...

We drilled x number of barrels of oil. Giving international price. We sold at 200$ per barrel. We made x billion dollars. We shared it 40-60% in favour of NNPC and Oil coys. The 40% share of ours is this....That 40% is what is 8.1 trillion naira of which NNPC remitted only 4.3 and kept the rest. Note this is profit after cost of production and deductions has been made.

You need read to understand not to comment and abuse. You should be old enough to do that. Since you have lots of issues comprehending. I'm saying NNPC has stolen much more than is documented. The amount quoted is still a joke as almost half of that amount is even still justifiable. Rather than be content with what is thrown at us.. Let a better audit firm tear the company down and provide valid data
Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
Insidous:

Gosh! You are the retarded one here: o

OK Mr. Fast guy!

You're more reta.rd.ed if you think that's all that is stolen by NNPC.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by chrismex(m): 11:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
atlwireles:
Moronic ediots, how much was NNPC suppose to return? Generated N8.1T, gave Nigeria N4.3. The remain was the cost of doing business. But most of you ediots will expecting NNPC to return N8.1T to the treasury. angry angry angry angry

Go and review the public balance sheet of the IOCs, most of you might learn something.
you are the moronic edoit what is the meaning of generated is like you went to night school at otuoke 8.1tr is the income go back and read the page again.

5 Likes

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by rusher14: 11:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
johnny1980:

Please bro. Quit it. You are sounding very dumb. I wouldn't like to call you that.

Let's even assume NNPC has the right to spend what they earn. 3.4 Trillion Naira in 3 years when the Federal Government,
36 states
774 local Governments,
over 150 MDAs and parastatals,
100+ Foreign Mission offices
100s of Federal Universities and Polytechnics,
Nigerian Armed Forces,
Police force with 400,000 active personnel
Tertiary Health Institution have had made do with a total of an average 12 trillion in that 3 year period.

Do you want to tell me the NNPC has a larger workforce than all these entities combined?

We have not even talked of Roads, bridges, water supply, Dams, Power Generation and many other things carried out by these different tiers of government with the said 12 trillion naira in 3 years.

You now tell me a single entity spent on its own 3.4 trillion naira on overhead and you think that's justifiable?
Abeg, no let me stone you.

Maybe NNPC was building another Nigerian Nation spanning thousands of hectares of land on the Atlantic ocean and they just want to surprise us with such gift later. cheesy

An average Nigerian bank having 240 billion budget would involve opening up new branches, paying regulatory fees, paying thousands of workers, paying ad hoc security staffs, paying extra stipends to Mobile Police Officers, Cost of Running Diesel Engines, Payment for Network Bandwidth, Payment of License for software use and so many numerous items. The NNPC does not have 1/10th of the job roles a single Nigerian Bank performs and does not even in their wildest dream deserve to spend as much a Trillion Naira on overhead or whatever without prior approval.

This David sef we go soon send you go warfront to kill Shekau Goliath.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by guardsman: 11:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
barcanista:
This looks like the latest APC propaganda. Did the NNPC act against the law? I don't think so. If Oshiomole and Ço are not happy then they should sponsor bill to the parliament to amend relevant laws.

[Barcanista, God will punish who & what turned u to dis state dat u ar presently in. I worry about ur state of mind.
I guess appointing Oronsaye who was indicted by d office of d Auditor-General to d tune of N123b Naira in d pension fraud to d board of NNPC is also APC propaganda?.

Oronsaye's indictment:

1) N52billion monthly pension payments unaccounted for.

2) Collects N1.03billion kickbacks from Pensions Union.

3) Cornered N15.6billion meant for settlement of Death Benefits.

4) N54billion transferred from 58 illegal accounts can’t be traced.

5) Pocketed N113million pension fund diverted to a contingency account that turned out to be a State House account.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by rectitude(m): 11:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
lilprinze:
APC has started with their cheap lies and propaganda again. They should show us proof or shut the f**k up.

It is clear that you have lost it. Your reasoning is not longer rational

6 Likes

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
gbl01:

I dont see that happening soon bro, The president has bitten more than he can chew, promised more than he can handle, he sure wouldn't want to even go near the laws now. He still have lots of 'laws' and suggestions to review or discard from the SNC and several existing flawed laws. NASS in-house fighting will not allow them settle for a year or more and when they do, they'll fight over money before they even attempt to begin anything, so they're apparently useless in this government.

PMP is just one man.

The CSO and ADC are already at dagger drawn, Femi and Shehu are already countering themselves, NASS is already confused, Tinubu and Atiku are already mapping out strategies and counter strategies. Again, PMP is just one man!
Sometimes I get disappointed in some Nigerians. I had expected people to ask pertinent questions. They should have demanded on the loopholes and probe more. I can tell you that as long as agencies like NNPC, CBN and co are empowered to budget and spend without appropriation by the NASS, we shall continue to have problems and there is nothing any President can do about it.

Meanwhile the people behind this NNPC are very powerful and are most times the same people that installs government in power and sponsors parliamentarians.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by okenwannobi: 11:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
Oga Jona why did you and madam dezi finish our money. . Its unfair oo Remember There is GOD OOOO!!! There is GOD OOO!!! Hmm

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by joseph1832(m): 11:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, NNPC spend from their revenue and refund the rest to the Federation Àccount. The Problem with the laws governing nnpc is that they didn't place any bench-mark nor specify the limit NNPC can go. For instance, ministers are restricted from approving contracts beyond a particular amount. That must go through the FEC. Back to NNPC, the law should have made them to propose and submit their budget to the NASS like other Agencies. But the law granted them so much power. This is not different from CBN. Bros, leave matter jare
If this law is true as you say, then how come Sanusi got fired and became a turban wearing banker for saying 20 billion dollars got missing from the CBN account or whatever account it is, after all, the CBN and the powers that be then could have quoted this law to defend thenm self and the CBN.

I told you I won't leave you until you allow reason be your guide.

9 Likes

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
joseph1832:
If this law is true as you say, then how come Sanusi got fired and became a turban wearing banker for saying 20 billion dollars got missing from the CBN account or whatever account it is, after all, the CBN and the powers that be then could have quoted this law to defend thenm self and the CBN.

I told you I won't leave you until you allow reason be your guide.
There is nothing like "IF the law is true". It is true! Go figure.

Sanusi wasn't FIRED at any time. He was not fired for alleging that $20bil was unaccounted for. He was Suspended from Office based on his indictment by the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN) on allegations that bothers on gross-musconduct and corruption. The record is there!
Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by luorquay: 11:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
atlwireles:

Really, please explain the process
Bros abeg read the news well

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by luorquay: 11:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
atlwireles:

Really, please explain the process
Bros abeg read the news well
Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by joseph1832(m): 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
barcanista:
There is nothing like "IF the law is true". It is true! Go figure.

Sanusi wasn't FIRED at any time. He was not fired for alleging that $20bil was unaccounted for. He was Suspended from Office based on his indictment by the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN) on allegations that bothers on gross-musconduct and corruption. The record is there!
Gross misconduct and corruption still fall under spilling the beans on the missing 20 billion dollars bro. No be today dem born me and no be today I no say Naija man go use yeye allegation sack person when person open him yash for people to see.

If you say the law is true kindly provide it for me to see bro, like you've been providing links and write ups about PMB not appointing ministers and not declaring his assets.

7 Likes

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
barcanista:
Sometimes I get disappointed in some Nigerians. I had expected people to ask pertinent questions. They should have demanded on the loopholes and probe more. I can tell you that as long as agencies like NNPC, CBN and co are empowered to budget and spend without appropriation by the NASS, we shall continue to have problems and there is nothing any President can do about it.

Meanwhile the people behind this NNPC are very powerful and are most times the same people that installs government in power and sponsors parliamentarians.

Nobody is interested in asking questions, jail them, screw them as if PMB is a judge or jury. Before you know what is happening, The news dies down and that's it, discarded and sealed, then the press comes to recant and refute. The so called 8.1 Tr is still what NNPC said they earn, not independently audited, rather than call for a genuine audit (not the manned PWC audit), people are content. How will the loopholes ever get detected and blocked? Before they said they earned so and so, will they not have cleaned up their mess and properly calculated to be on the safe side? I remember CBN spending 1.2 Billion NGN on feeding Policemen in a year and another 2.4Bllion NGN on police attached to the HO and nothing ever came out of that.

Nothing really comes that fast, PMP is doing a good job, but it has to get deep for it to be successful!

1 Like

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by atlwireles: 11:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
chrismex:
you are the moronic edoit what is the meaning of generated is like you went to night school at otuoke 8.1tr is the income go back and read the page again.

Almajiri, you have been seen, now try the next moniker.
Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by 989900: 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
What the PWC audit report affirmed:

1. Contrary to the claims of petroleum minister Diezani Alison-Madueke, the audit report does not exonerate the NNPC.

2. The report establishes that the gap between the company’s oil revenues between January 2012 and July 2013 and cash remitted to the government for the same period was $18.5bn and it goes into detail about the NNPC’s account of how it used that money, which raises serious questions about the legality of the state oil company’s conduct.

3. The auditors say a significant part of the unremitted funds is supposed to have gone towards a kerosene subsidy that had been stopped two and a half years earlier by the late President Umaru Yar’Adua. Evidence disclosed in the report suggests this is a sideshow.
Nigerians paid 120-140 naira a litre of kerosene, far more than the supposed subsidised price of 50 naira. Yet the state oil company withheld $3.4bn to pay for a subsidy that in effect did not exist.

4. Of the $18.5bn in revenues that the state oil company did not send to the government, about $12.5bn appears to have been diverted. And this relates only to a random 19-month period, not the five-year term of GEJ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
Mooaloji:
OMG!!! Jona and co nearly wreak dis nation, thk God for some wise Nigerians, I dnt mean the tanoids ooo. D wise I mean d progressive minded who stood by their votes to ensured Buhari/Osibanjo victory and I assure u ur hope won't be in vein. Nigeria shall be great again with Buhari/Osibanjo at the helm of affairs. God bless Nigeria. Ameen. Mods plssss do d needful.

I guess ur thanking the Almanjeris
Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by jetsetgo: 11:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
NIgerians will defend anything... Out of ignorance they open their mouth to spew feaces!!!! NO PARASTATAL OPERATES WITHOUT A BUDGET

You remit, plan, get funding/approval, then implement and the cycle continues over and over. Too many people talking through their _anus and throwing theories and words that are as meaningless as they are bombastic.

_cretins

Excuse my french: the thing too pain me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by midolian(m): 11:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
joseph1832:
Bro I mind am oh!. I mind am wella. See how all the PDP vaudeville of pundits supporters shy away from this thread, only barcanista show up, even though say na opata him dey yan. But if na thread wey say make PMB declare him assets or appoint ministers, dem go swarm the thread like fly wey surround shit.

Tags: OREMUSSANCTUS, temitemi1, ECOTERRORS, Mogidi, whynotthetruth, truckpusher, SeverusSnape, INTROVERT, and gbo gbo aye dot com of PDP supporters. grintongue
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 30, 2015
gbl01:

Nobody is interested in asking questions, jail them, screw them as if PMB is a judge or jury. Before you know what is happening, The news dies down and that's it, discarded and sealed, then the press comes to recant and refute. The so called 8.1 Tr is still what NNPC said they earn, not independently audited, rather than call for a genuine audit (not the manned PWC audit), people are content. How will the loopholes ever get detected and blocked? Before they said they earned so and so, will they not have cleaned up their mess and properly calculated to be on the safe side? I remember CBN spending 1.2 Billion NGN on feeding Policemen in a year and another 2.4Bllion NGN on police attached to the HO and nothing ever came out of that.

Nothing really comes that fast, PMP is doing a good job, but it has to get deep for it to be successful!
Í always say that Nigerians may be educated but are still unenlightened. When I saw the news, I took my time to read everything but I couldn't find where NNPC defaulted the law in their spending. Some Agencies are just too powerful thanks to the laws backing them. Anyway, like you said na initial "gra-gra". The matter will be killed after 1 week maximum and everything will return to normal.

The solution is to carry an extensive audit of NNPC and every other agencies, and remove their financial autonomy power by amending relevant sections of our laws. Their budget should be made to pass through the National Assembly. I believe what they generated is even more than the quoted 8trn but what can one do?
Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by ExInferis(m): 12:06am On Jun 30, 2015
lilprinze:

"cheap lies"

"propaganda"

Man, you're so stale. This is not 2014 anymore, so get a new tune, you broken record.

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 30, 2015
joseph1832:
Gross misconduct and corruption still fall under spilling the beans on the missing 20 billion dollars bro. No be today dem born me and no be today I no say Naija man go use yeye allegation sack person when person open him yash for people to see.

If you say the law is true kindly provide it for me to see bro, like you've been providing links and write ups about PMB not appointing ministers and not declaring his assets.
Bros, you choose to believe what you want to believe. My own is to tell you things as they are.
Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by dondo83(m): 12:11am On Jun 30, 2015
2n2k:

The figures were actually provided by the NNPC itself.

However, the spin given to it by Oshiomole is political. Oil is extracted at a cost. Crude oil is God-given but getting it to the surface is serious economical and technological activities. Since NNPC is joint owners with the operators of the oil wells, it must share the cost with them in form of cash calls. Substantial part of what NNPC was said to have retained must have gone into that.

NNPC is corrupt but not on the level it is being portrayed here.

you miss the point, money generated by nnpc shouldn't be spent with discretion of nnpc officials. The process goes like this, nnpc creates a budget of lets say 1billion or even 1trillion a year, the budget needs to now be perused by the fg and national assembly if its acceptable or not . when all the parties come to an agreement (for example) that we have approved 500billion for the year for nnpc , what is expected is for nnpc to withdraw ONLY the approved budget of that 500billion and remit whatever is left to the FG's account.
With what was told in the report , that wasn't what nnpc did .

6 Likes

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by guardsman: 12:27am On Jun 30, 2015
barcanista:
Í always say that Nigerians may be educated but are still unenlightened. When I saw the news, I took my time to read everything but I couldn't find where NNPC defaulted the law in their spending. Some Agencies are just too powerful thanks to the laws backing them. Anyway, like you said na initial "gra-gra". The matter will be killed after 1 week maximum and everything will return to normal.

The solution is to carry an extensive audit of NNPC and every other agencies, and remove their financial autonomy power by amending relevant sections of our laws. Their budget should be made to pass through the National Assembly. I believe what they generated is even more than the quoted 8trn but what can one do?

U've got it twisted. Read d post below by an enlightened forumite & educate urself about some audit findings so u'll get just a snippet of what was happening in d NNPC & what we ar talking about. I guess to ur deluded self, d findings by d audit firm is APC propaganda. Hahahaha Barcanista, who did dis to u?.

1. Contrary to the claims of petroleum minister Diezani Alison-Madueke, the audit report does not exonerate the NNPC.

2. The report establishes that the gap between the company’s oil revenues between January 2012 and July 2013 and cash remitted to the government for the same period was $18.5bn and it goes into detail about the NNPC’s account of how it used that money, which raises serious questions about the legality of the state oil company’s conduct.

3. The auditors say a significant part of the unremitted funds is supposed to have gone towards a kerosene subsidy that had been stopped two and a half years earlier by the late President Umaru Yar’Adua. Evidence disclosed in the report suggests this is a sideshow.
Nigerians paid 120-140 naira a litre of kerosene, far more than the supposed subsidised price of 50 naira. Yet the state oil company withheld $3.4bn to pay for a subsidy that in effect did not exist.

4. Of the $18.5bn in revenues that the state oil company did not send to the government, about $12.5bn appears to have been diverted. And this relates only to a random 19-month period, not the five-year term of GEJ.
[/quote]

5 Likes

Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:46am On Jun 30, 2015
emorse:

How much you don collect on top this land and oyel? Even Asari and co wey don touch better money on top oil issue no dey talk like this again. Reason well.

Hahaha, e pain you? Am sorry biko. No hard feelings for all my Nigerian brothers, just a joke. grin grin
Re: Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:48am On Jun 30, 2015
atlwireles:

NNPC is following the law as currently written, your party has major in both houses, you people can amend and do the needful. Sanusi can blow whatever he wants till he turns yellow, but no laws were broken by NNPC. If you know the acts and statutes NNPC violated, please state them.

Must everything be partisan? What happened to right or wrong? If everything was so perfect with the NNPC, what was the audit of NNPC for? Please, when you are ready to talk without bias, you can quote me. I have no affiliation with APC. So all this your party talk is baseless.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) / Kidnappers Were Offered Money Not To Release Jangebe Girls, Says Matawalle / Arewa Forum Condemns Attack On Fulani In South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.