Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,569 members, 7,972,142 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 03:30 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (269051 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 17, 2009
@ george, hope yur kids dont quarrel wit u on what stations? I dont think am gonna install fta cos of some kids or madame, am selfish in that area, fta is for ME ALONE.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:32am On Sep 17, 2009
Dejsam:

@george d,

i have even discovered a new stuff about what we discussed earlier.infact its the best option than i earlier advised.it was when i went to search

around for the c band stuff that i discoverd we even have a dual purpose type that is ready made availabe in the market.i will keep u posted sha.

@Dejsam,
Looks like you just made my day! We will discuss this off topic.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 11:34am On Sep 17, 2009
@Enitan,
You can't be that selfish,
i won't say more than this. wait until u get there!
nobody go tell u to put fta for your family
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2009
@enitan,
I just allow my kids to watch while I go inside and stay glued on mbc2 or bbc world on nilesat grin. No quarrel at all. As for being selfish, I'm sure you'll learn how to accomodate them when the time comes. There's a difference btw being a bachelor and being a father! smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alancruise(m): 12:18pm On Sep 17, 2009
Hello everybody,good people, intellectual guys i hail o. I nailed eutelsat w3 dis morning using 1mtr dish and a strong 4653x. I got mbc1,mbc2 but no mbc3? I got some scramble channels like european spanish news,zimbo tv live,gp moto,pas k tv and many more. Pls i need an help on how to unscramble all these channels, and what to do to view mbc3? Pls can i watch english premiership on these satellites? Laliga,seria A? Guru's in the house, i need ur help.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alancruise(m): 12:26pm On Sep 17, 2009
Hello everybody,good people, intellectual guys i hail o. I nailed eutelsat w3 dis morning using 1mtr dish and a strong 4653x. I got mbc1,mbc2 but no mbc3? I got some scramble channels like european spanish news,zimbo tv live,gp moto,pas k tv and many more. Pls i need an help on how to unscramble all these channels, and what to do to view mbc3? Pls can i watch english premiership on these satellites? Laliga,seria A? Guru's in the house, i need ur help.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2009
@george-d c-band is strong lnb,but d name of d disecq has been erasd due 2 rust,it is d normal 4-lnb-inlet(i use 2 inlet 4 c &k lnb)& 1 outlet 2 decoder,d signal loss is more pronouncd in d evenings,(2) pls 4 clarity,is dere any chance of me getin any nilesat signal in lagos(any southwest state at all?)wit a 1.8m dish? (3) can 1 use my VCR 2 record programs frm my decoder,&how?,pls pardon my long post
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:18pm On Sep 17, 2009
@borderline,
(1) If the c-band lnb is STRONG then I think it may have nothing to do with the glo mast. So far only SUPERMAX c band lnbs have been reported to have conflict with gsm base station signals and it is mtn to be more specific. If your strong is fluctuating and gets bad in the evenings. it means you need to look at your lnb positioning in the scaler. Maybe it has shifted due to weather. I will not say dish alignment because from experience, motorised dishes hardly shift in alignment except you manually go and tamper with them. Also, check your diseqc. If possible change it out and fix a new one.

(2)For nilesat, you can use a 1.8m dish to recieve it in lagos but it takes a lot of hard work and only the vertical tps will be stable. Your best bet is a 2.4m dish.

(3)Yes, you can record programs from your decoder through your VCR. Just connect the AV cable from the decoder direct to the vcr. Slot in your video cassette and begin to record.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2009
@george-d c-band is strong lnb,but d name of d disecq has been erasd due 2 rust,it is d normal 4-lnb-inlet(i use 2 inlet 4 c &k lnb)& 1 outlet 2 decoder,d signal loss is more pronouncd in d evenings,(2) pls 4 clarity,is dere any chance of me getin any nilesat signal in lagos(any southwest state at all?)wit a 1.8m dish? (3) can 1 use my VCR 2 record programs frm my decoder,&how?,pls pardon my long post
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 2:33pm On Sep 17, 2009
@ Adewest

Shun sir, i beg no vex make i ask one small question. The receiver, what if one uses a dual output LNB since the two signals are coming from the same bird? What is your take?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2009
@George-D i am surprised at the price of N55k for srt 4910 in Naija.The figure of GHc 200($150) coated by Blakstars for its price here in Ghana is about N22k(N1000=GHc9.2). @enitan2002 I'm waiting for ur explanation that daarsat box is be better than srt4910.i honestly have my doubt about that assertion,though i'm ready to read ur argument on that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2009
@captainus
Be on standby oh.
After enitan's explanation, i'll know exactly what to do.
because i'm also very interested in srt 4910.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:20pm On Sep 17, 2009
@captainus,
I don't know if the price has come down but the last time somebody called a dealer in Alaba Lagos, he said the price for srt 4910 was 55K. It would be a sweet relief though if they have adjusted the price downwards. Given the load of features, I think 22K wouldn't be a bad price (if true).
As for daarsat decoder being better, personally in terms of the huge price difference daarsat is the better option for now. But in terms of features, srt4910 rules.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
@blackstar can u check ur mail
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2009
george this long vac,you no feel say we for jam for wafi?ur koko direction pls.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2009
microgiant:

@ Adewest

Shun sir, i beg no vex make i ask one small question.  The receiver, what if one uses a dual output LNB since the two signals are coming from the same bird? What is your take?

@Microgiant,
The receiver is made for dual lnb. It will also work for two separate dishes. But remember that Nile signal is very expensive for those in the south.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:00pm On Sep 17, 2009
sayso:

george this long vac,you no feel say we for jam for wafi?your koko direction pls.

@sayso,
My man, I never reach town o. e for good sha if we go fit meet but I still dey jungle yonder o! smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 17, 2009
@ capt/ifende, am on mobile now, i can only do the explanation when am on my PC, so expect it this midnite.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 5:13pm On Sep 17, 2009
enitan2002:

@ capt/ifende, am on mobile now, i can only do the explanation when am on my PC, so expect it this midnite.

what network are you using on your phone to chat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2009
@all

I don't think the Strong receiver on the Ghanaian market is the SRT 4910. My check reveals that it a kind of customised version STR 4669x Plus, which does not have multi-media interface. I stand to be corrected, but it is not a fully Mpeg-4 receiver.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2009
@all

I don't think the Strong receiver on the Ghanaian market is the SRT 4910. My check reveals that it a kind of customised version SRT 4669x Plus, which does not have multi-media interface. I stand to be corrected, but it is not a fully Mpeg-4 receiver.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by andy1(m): 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2009
@all please guys am new to fta i want 2 get a strong decoder and a 1m dish please i want someone 2 xplain 2 me if i can use a single dish 2 view different satellites if so how do i do dat and i also want to know how many channels i can get on a single sattelite cos i want to know if it is possible 2 do d installation by myself.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2009
@ george, the most annoying part about kids is that they are NON-RETURNABLE.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rovert: 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2009
I'v been watching MyTV for nearly 1 hours now. Is it now free!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2009
@ rover, make dstv,hitv together leave their package open wont freak us at all here. Cos in sat world, we have become the KNOWLEDGEABLE ONES. To hell with them.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 6:28pm On Sep 17, 2009
@george-i am deeply grateful,,God bless u,AMEN,i wil work on al u av said
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
@enitan,
Why would anyone want to return such lovely, kuddly creatures? Me thinks it's rather
an advantage that they can't be taken away from you once you're blessed with them! smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2009
@ Blakstar
what do you make of Salamander's assertion abt srt 4910?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2009
@enitan-i dont blame u feelin dat way,but wen i luk around and c d nice &innocent kids me,i cant just stop bein joyous,though dey can b quite naughty at times but overall,dey ar nice gifts frm God
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
I just want 2 say welldoing, to all member of nairaland fta forum, may God be with us all (amen).
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alancruise(m): 7:47pm On Sep 17, 2009
To the guru's in d house i hail o. I nailed eutesalat w3 dis morning,thanks to all tips u gave me. I then blind scan and got tv stations like mbc1,mbc2,tv zimbo and a lot of scramble channels, pls i need help on how to unscramble those channel pas k tv,european spanisn news and many more. Am not gettin mbc3? Which of these show premiership?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 10:47pm On Sep 17, 2009
@all- looks like NTA is finally getin out of shadows,dey av startd test transmisn on terrestrial platform 4 nta-24hrs news channel,dere 24hrs-sports is also about 2 go on air,we shud b xpectin dem on any bird soon&hope its FTA,in d meantime,NTA NETWORK is now on intelsat c-band 33.5w tp,4081 v 2893,

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.