Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,631 members, 7,951,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:31 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (267740 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
ekonibaje.msg4604116#msg4604116 date=Yesterday 09:42:48 AM :

George D,pls the echostar 0.1db is 3000 naira  at alaba.so hw far george d.long time hw far u dey confirm.

@ekonibaje,
Thanks for the info. I've already made contact with another good member up north and he says he can get a 4-way echostar for me at almost the same cost.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2009
osef:

George D
pls how much does a digital smartcard divider cost? i want to share it with a neighbour. Expecting your reply soon, thanks.

@osef,
I don't own one so wouldn't know the cost. I'm sure some of our good members who use such can provide the answer.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2009
yes George I collected it but gave it to a friend in PH,remember that call I made to you about setting it up,but promised madam I will get one for her in Warri, until now the new 69x is flooding the forum,I can of trying to wait so as to have the SRT 69x.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2009
@pitodenz,
Well done for all your eforts at nailing the srt 4669X reciever. I knew it would be the latest craze due to the multi-tv fever. However, that price is a bit high compared to what daarsat is offering. I think I will stick to my daarsat for now until the price begins to drop. Na so strong dealers dey always hike their price anytime dem bring new product come market. grin

BTW, Surprise!! I was able to get the K6 STRONG lnb here at my end, so no need to order from lagos. This weekend, I will change out the old lnb and fix the K6 to see if there will be an improvement in signal strenght.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:42pm On Sep 24, 2009
@sayso,
Trust me, you're better off with the daarsat for now. But if you prefer the new 4669X, then no problem.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by german007(m): 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2009
George D    I hereby bestow upon you the titles of  Mayor of Nairaland,  Earl of Nairaland Women Affairs,  Commander in Chief of Ikebe affairs . KNIGHT COMMANDER OF THE ORDER OF SATELLITE TV.   You are just too much sir, More grease to ur elbow

You are entitled and legally authorised from henceforth to use the Title "Right Honorable Sir George D" Mayor of Nairaland
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2009
George I really like that daarsat decoder,just out of joy have to give it out to a friend because he wants to enjoy the FTA stuff,but will still think it over this weekend.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alancruise(m): 6:41pm On Sep 24, 2009
@twinstaiye, great idea, yea! I support ur idea of creating a link to solve treated question. Kudos. Am still waitin 4 my reply. @ Pls av not been able to post. Help me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by lovala(m): 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2009
Hello good people especially Mr George, thankx a trillion for all the hep you have given us novices to get on board the fta wagon. sir george, just wanna say my lnb wasn't blown by the thunderstorm as i thought. It is waxing strong and I'll be joining others to view the junior world cup in egypt via MUVI TV on Intelsat 7/10 with Egypt taking on Trinidad at 18:45 Botswana time.
Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2009
was @ alaba today, got 80cm dish plus strong lnb and 2.0 diseq switch for around N3300, the problem now is dat i am still considering which bird to nail on this, sirius 4 or w3a, though am leavin everything till on saturday, sir George i tried ur number earlier on but wasnt going tru,

thanks to Enitan for direction given on what to buy,

thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2009
Egypt vs Trinidad live on TV3 (multitv)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 8:27pm On Sep 24, 2009
Egypt vs Trinidad live also on CRTV
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2009
has daarsat close down there channels? please anyone should confirm this, cos i heard d rumour dat thEr going to close down dis month,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jajuk: 10:35pm On Sep 24, 2009
where can i receive nigeria match on fta zmoro, my dstv decoder is not showing anysignal wha is the problem ,pls help
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 10:55pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ Seun: Nice that you could check out this thread today. Keep up the good work. I personally support the idea of FTA satellite as a sub forum. At least that way everyone would know where to go for what, with a "READ HERE FIRST THREAD / PAGE". The amount of "idle / backtracking" traffic is not what is important. It is the amount of relevant information that can be acquired at the fastest speed. I am sure that will be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Tanx

@ Longstanding FTA People: How about the members more conversant all look online, through their digital documents, e.t.c. for the basics of FTA and satellites in general (especially in *.pdf and *.doc) that can be easily downloaded, sorted and moved around. Forward these to Enitan2002 (odupitanenitan@gmail.com or enitany20022005@yahoo.com), as he has so graciously volunteered to help out.

@ Enitan2002: Baba, big ups to you. I would like to suggest that the members that have any interesting material on FTA and related content forward them to you. This way you can sort out the most relevant ones and also weed out double entries. So, possibly by the time the expected sub-forum comes up they can be listed in the FAQ / Newbie section there. Also, if the original FAQ can be updated from these proposed documents, it would be a god idea. I personally picked up a lot of basic info from that original FAQ. Me sef go look around for some o.

@ Newbies: Welcome to this lovely thread. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, go back to part 1 and read through the first few pages, especially the ORIGINAL FAQ. This way, at least you would know what kind of questions to ask and how to ask them, instead of just appearing totally green and all that up in here. Also, LEARN TO USE THE GOOGLE SEARCH AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH PAGE. ENTER THE KEYWORDS OF THE INFORMATION YOU NEED FIRST. over 80% of the time, your question has been treated previously. The whole thread would not progress if it goes 3 steps back for every 2 steps forward. Also, its not only when you need something specific that you can consult the thread. Do some extra looking around just from the fun of it. No knowledge is lost!

TANX ALL!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by lovala(m): 2:14am On Sep 25, 2009
Good people, lemme jump in on the discussion about newbies and their incessant questions on already treated topics on the forum. May be some may adopt my strategy. I ain’t an fta guru and still consider myself wet behind their ears as my number of posts can attest. But, I do love to read. I pay for connection at home and because my time online is money, I just save the pages of this great forum unto my hard disk (luckily, Nairaland.com is supper lightweight) and take my time to read it at my pace and as such saving myself time and money to go through the many pages of the various seasons. Obviously, nothing comes easy and I would have been goading the gurus of this great forum for information that is being shared in the g – group. But, I want to earn it. I know I have a long way to go and that I’ll only obtain after hitting as many birds in orbit as possible.

Second issue I want to hit is the fact that many are making money from the information gathered from this forum. Here in Yaounde – Cameroon, there are many who distribute fta images through cable as a business and I stand to be corrected that they’re not cashing in on the goodies that is gained from this forum. As for ftb, it is still a novel concept. I am still in the dark on that.

Wanna send a shout out to oga moderator, sir George_D, pito, eni and the rest of them that make this forum a warm and welcome home to us fta addicts.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bisi12004: 3:09am On Sep 25, 2009
Pls, can I use 1m to track eutelsat w2 at 10east. Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 7:13am On Sep 25, 2009
Bodejohn,

Hi, i was just going over your posts in the offline downloading segment, and i saw you were able to modify your dm20s usb box to accept progdvb via a tunisian site. could you please help me with a tutorial on how to go about doing that? thanks a lot.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alancruise(m): 8:11am On Sep 25, 2009
@all, we like to start by appreciating all the big guns dat started dis forum, I say well done. Will like to sound dis alarm dat Ignoring questions being ask by d new ones joinin, due to fact dat dey av already been treated might not help. NL-TV/movies-FTA is a forum 4all without segregatn, wher ideas r shard,questions r asked and a way developing our instinct on any areas. Nobody told me about dis forum, i was only google searching on some issues related to free movies when i stumble on d site, and at least av read about 70% of d past season b4 joining. Well we should also be aware dat we can't overlook d fact already treated questions would stil be ask 4rm new pple joinin, all we just hav to do is to show them love answering or creating or referin to a link dat as already treated and solve d prob. I askd some questn about 2dys ago,yet stil got no reply. Pls let's embrace all, cos in our own little way d message of peace/unity is been preach both in nigeria and africa. One love.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 8:27am On Sep 25, 2009
@ Alancruise: Okay, since you asked again. First, you have not stated your location and receiver you're using. This would help those in your area respond as well. 1m dish on w3a with signal at 43%. Try fine tuning your positioning (Azimuth and Elevation). Use very slight adjustments to bring your dish properly into focus. Also, you can try adjusting your lnb skew. You do this by first getting the highest signal you can on the dish, then slowly rotating the LNB (both clockwise and anti-clockwise). You would see the signal meter rising or falling as you adjust, Hope this helps.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Binsule(m): 8:41am On Sep 25, 2009
mbc action are starting lost season 4 this sunday
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Binsule(m): 8:43am On Sep 25, 2009
MBC ACTION ARE STARTING LOST SEASON 4 THIS SUNDAY
FASTEN UR SEAT BELT
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Binsule(m): 8:49am On Sep 25, 2009
I have 1.8m dish can i track nilesat with it i live in warri
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 9:54am On Sep 25, 2009
@Binsule no,try getting 3m or more to tract Nile in Warri
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 10:15am On Sep 25, 2009
bisi12004:

Pls, can I use 1m to track eutelsat w2 at 10east. Thanks

I don't think it's possible to get eutelsat W2 with 1m dish, It like the prefer dish size is about 2.4m or 3m or larger size
with reference to http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/ew2_wide.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 10:18am On Sep 25, 2009
sayso:

sayso:

My friend is using 2.4m to track nile sat in Calabar. I hope the same goes to other southern state.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 10:46am On Sep 25, 2009
@all chad tv on nss703 @57E tp 3662v 2624.started couple of weeks ago.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 11:40am On Sep 25, 2009
I wish 2 share a litle story with d house- i startd usin my FTA fully installd by a skul-dropout in 2007,i wil pay dis guy not les dan 1k for inputing a new tp each time a chanel changes a tp.i told myself som hometruth dat if a skul dropout kud b comin 2 extort somebody dat wen thru d university system like dat,it was time i did sth,&so did I,wit d help of d sat.website,i began 2 do my thing my own way,i was able 2 add at least 20 new channel btw den &2009 but there were hitches along d way.so wen i joind dis forum sometime dis year,thanks 2 d enigmatic GEORGE,ENITAN &other older members,i av found satelite trackin 2 b as easy as a piece of cake,THE POINT I'M DRIVING HOME is dat all newbies shud do their homework by using d search engines,d FAQ,d proposd newbies forum,to learn d basics.b4 jumpin 2 higher stuf.Dis FORUM is the best thing 2 av happened 2 FTA in africa.LUV U ALL
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alancruise(m): 12:17pm On Sep 25, 2009
@litaninja, thanks very much. I stay in ibadan and i use a 1mtr dish+srt 4653x. D problem am havin is some stations on eutelsat w3a signals drops. My fear if adjustin d lnb wil not affect d overall signal? Thanks. Expectin ur reply soonest.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2009
@alancruise,ist of all,u av 2 be specific about d channel wit d signal drop &signal% so dat we can verify frm our end if d situatn is peculiar 2 u or general.so don't adjust d lnb until u give d details
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2009
Litaninja,

Saw your text quite late so couldn't respond immediately. progdvb is the most supported program for dvb cards/boxes for doing just about anything i.e watching encrypted channels, offline downloading, e.t.c. Unfortunately, we have acquired devices which are not supported under progdvb. i was searching for any reference to the dm20s drivers and progdvb when i came across Bodejohn's post that he managed to get past that problem on the offline browsing thread. I think he was refering to this post on this arabic thread hxxp://stardvb.com/forum/t-40579.html, and even though i have downloaded the file attached i can't really determine how to go about it because of the limitations of the translation from google, hence my post to Bodejohn for clarification.

Once we can get the card to work with progdvb, we can do a lot more with the card. ( i think). will keep u posted though. cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by kmuyi: 1:36pm On Sep 25, 2009
Dear sir, can you please send me the recent free to Air channel with the frequencies code .
Thank for your Assistant,
muyiwa from ibadan

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.