Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,911 members, 7,890,017 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:28 AM

How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? (11803 Views)

Shocking: 25 Year Old Yoruba Girl Explains Why She Became A White Nationalist / Beautiful Dark Skinned Women (thread Dedication.) / Are Light Skinned Black Women More Beautiful Than Dark Skinned Black Women? Y? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by tpia: 5:12pm On Mar 04, 2009
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by sillyme(f): 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2009
all you had to do was state that you were joking and that i misunderstood. i don't see the point in calling me a 'dork' and some random woman a 'wannabe'

@tpia- of you're talking to me then its not the west i am talking about. i just haven't seen many yoruba girls with my color
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by tpia: 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2009
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by sillyme(f): 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2009
ahh. well my mum comes from lagos and i think there may be a few light ones there, but when i went there i really only knew of 1 woman who was naturally light. the others seemed to be bleaching. my aunt bleached like hell too-although she was light to begin with. she just wanted to be whiter and spoil her skin. but i went to my stepdads hometown, ibadan, and did not see a single caramel or lighter skinned person there. twas weird to me,
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by Busta(f): 5:36pm On Mar 04, 2009
ibkaye:

She was only joking dear wink smiley

My sista from another mother . . long time, u still here? hope u're good?

DeReloaded:

The wannabe in Tpia's pic grin

Is this same person as reloaded . . if so, how u been hon?

I was away for several months and see what NL has become. Lots of newbies too I can see.
abeg where Jeni Kadiri dey?
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by tpia: 5:37pm On Mar 04, 2009
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by DeReloaded: 5:40pm On Mar 04, 2009
Busta:

My sista from another mother . . long time, u still here? hope u're good?

Is this same person as reloaded . . if so, how u been hon?

I was away for several months and see what NL has become. Lots of newbies too I can see.
abeg where Jeni Kadiri dey?

it's me o. Busta, you just abandoned us anyway. nawa for you

Im good, dear. where have you been? buried under Canadian snow? tongue

jeni = busybodi wink
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by Busta(f): 5:44pm On Mar 04, 2009
DeReloaded:

it's me o. Busta, you just abandoned us anyway. nawa for you

Im good, dear. where have you been? buried under Canadian snow? tongue

jeni = busybodi wink

Lol . . I was on tour jo . . no be ma fault. I can see the number of pickins on NL has increased.
Canadian snow don bury me several times but I keep crawling out.
NL has really changed o . . I will def hunt Jeni busybodi down now.
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by DeReloaded: 5:45pm On Mar 04, 2009
which kin tour, iyalode? tongue
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 04, 2009
@Busta
Oooh, busta baby, long time, how are you dear? Im fine kiss kiss kiss

Why you leave us like that sha? angry
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by sillyme(f): 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2009
i guess its just one of those things. i reckon some black people just have a light-skinned trait like white people may have a blonde hair trait.
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by Busta(f): 5:58pm On Mar 04, 2009
DeReloaded:

which kin tour, iyalode? tongue
My dear, tour as in "runs" now . . lol tongue
I needed money badly

@ibkaye, sorry my dear, I don come back now.
How sokoto and all your cyber hubby dem? 4play, debo and ko?. . . lol
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by agaba123(m): 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2009
silly you

you noticed when I was not there and you posted a pic.

Not fair. angry
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by sillyme(f): 6:04pm On Mar 04, 2009
@agaba

life isn't fair honey kiss
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by agaba123(m): 6:06pm On Mar 04, 2009
Silly you

I know but fair people can make it fair wink
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by sillyme(f): 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2009
mmm, lets see,

NAH!

u r just going to hv to continue on wiv your life without an image of me my bro tongue
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by agaba123(m): 6:16pm On Mar 04, 2009
sillyme:

mmm, lets see,

NAH!

u r just going to hv to continue on wiv your life without an image of me my bro tongue

why would that be? fair people should make the world fair.
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by sillyme(f): 6:21pm On Mar 04, 2009
who said i was fair?
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by agaba123(m): 6:26pm On Mar 04, 2009
You forgot you told me? shocked shocked
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by sillyme(f): 6:33pm On Mar 04, 2009
yeh right.

in your dreams buster.

FAIL haha! grin
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by agabaI23(m): 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2009
sillyme:

yeh right.

in your dreams buster.

FAIL haha! grin
No I did not fail. I was not dreaming. You said so. Do not deny hon wink
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by AnthonyKil(m): 1:53am On Mar 05, 2009
Seriously,. those girls picture are fugly undecided
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by tpia: 2:10am On Mar 05, 2009
AnthonyKil:

Seriously,. those girls picture are fugly undecided

and this worries you because
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by Gabry(f): 3:40am On Mar 05, 2009
Anthony!! U fermented APE!!! angry
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by 9janinja1(f): 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2012
everyone from my mom's family is light skinned and not the bleach kind,  the real stuff plus they are super pretty. i dont think its rare seeing as almost everyone around me was yoruba nd lightskinned including my sibs. i dont give much thought to it, its just skin color.
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 13, 2012
Not very many to see. But when you do see one, they are usually not short of models. Pretty and quite tall.(most, that is)

#black is most beautiful tho
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by anonymous6(f): 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2012
Well in my immediate family my parents, siblings and me are brown skinned but when it comes to my extended family members in both my mother and fathers side their are different shades; I have light skinned, brown skinned, and dark skinned relatives, Non of them are bleaching or mixed. So Light skinned Yoruba females do exist.
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by newmusic: 1:22am On Jan 14, 2012
My sisters are very light-skinned, also my mother while i think am brown though people still say am fair though. Its not an issue we worry about, our last born is very dark he took after my dad anyway.
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by Jenifa1: 1:25am On Jan 14, 2012
it's not rare. but it's not common
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by babsjnr(m): 1:34am On Jan 14, 2012
I'm yoruba I'm dark shiny black and my sister is light skin black . I don't see no difference coz black is black. even in europe white ladies find dark skin black man attractive than light black. My white british partner told me once d more u are dark d more u are sexy.
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by SEFAGO(m): 6:19am On Jan 14, 2012
babsjnr:

I'm yoruba I'm dark shiny black and my sister is light skin black . I don't see no difference coz black is black. even in europe white ladies find dark skin black man attractive than light black. My white british partner told me once d more u are dark d more u are sexy.

Skin color stuff is mainly an issue for women, I think thats why it was "Yoruba girl" instead of "yoruba people." Also makes sense why Tpia is always on any thread about race and skin color. A lot of black girls seem to have a complex about skin color especially those who live in America. The ones in Europe are more confident.

Man US is a facked up country man full of facked up peopl. Thanks od I grew up in Nigeria so I did not incorporate the facked upness of black people in US. Bleep
Re: How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? by OneNaira6: 10:16pm On Jan 14, 2012
It is rare. I've never meet a lightskin Yoruba that wasn't bleached. Awhile ago, I used to think the lightest a Yoruba can get is medium brown but I've learned otherwise

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Member From The Land Of The Ancient People. / Yoruba Girls/women Wear Waist Beads And This Is What It Culturally Means! / Igbanke From Edo State To Delta State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.