Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,111 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:10 AM

Jollof Rice Life - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Jollof Rice Life (1807 Views)

Gambia Beat Nigeria , Ghana And Senegal In Jollof Rice Competition / Would You Eat This Preserved Jollof Rice? / Tanzanian Lady: "Ghanaian Jollof Rice Is Better Than Nigerian Jollof Rice" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jollof Rice Life by misterh(m): 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
Okay, I really shouldn't be doing this. Because ,Ramadan. But this darling in from of me wouldn't let a brother be great. But, whatever.

Yup! I'm talking 'bout the mentor of foods. A food all foods aspire to be like. Jollof rice. That two syllabic word really is life. A food for all seasons.
In the dearth of patriotism, studies have revealed that jollof rice is the resource binding all tribes together.
Light-skin babe, Jackie Chan pon the bed, hourglass body, Spanish accent.. but can you prepare jollof rice?

This darling right here is the forger of friendship and a destroyer of same. You don't expect me to visit you after years and you serve me salad or pizza, after informing you of my visit. No, that's where our friendship gets terminated. Maifren, goan get me jollof, will you?! I know Kenna on Twitter whose mode of celebrating feats is just to prepare jollof. That act itself is a feat.

Jollof is the only food I know where the top and base part of the pot is loved. Some people love the burnt part of the pot. Cures impotency I heard! Ahmean! Nature has made this food in such a way that its available for all classes. The poor man has his own version- with ata gigun and tomato paste, you'll prepare jollof, albeit the inferior one. But at least, you are better than Warren Buffet, who in spite of his billions hasn't tasted the king of foods. Of what use is all the billions if your stomach hasn't been visited by jollof rice. Of what use if Einstein's knowledge if he didn't taste jollof rice during his lifetime? Of what importance is the absolute power of Kim Jong-un, if he hasn't heard of the gospel of jollof rice?
Haters will say jollof rice is overrated. I used to be angry at such opinions before and regard it as a treason but experience has told me to sympathize with 'em because life can be hard for the blind. But the holy grail of jollof rice is the party jollof rice. God
damit! The aroma itself is capable of disorienting one... *shallows saliva*... But what really makes party jollof rice different? I can't buy asoebi for your wedding and you'll not serve me jollof rice. I'll demand a refund. Don't hate the player, bruh. I didn't make these rules.

So, have you had meal of jollof rice recently?

Source: www.misterhakeem.

Re: Jollof Rice Life by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
Jollof My Jollof. I can die for you, especially the party type and of course my mama own. This made me remembered that funny piece by Naijasinglegirl! Aso-ebi with no Jollof Rice. So hilarious!!!
Re: Jollof Rice Life by tpiander: 4:31am On Jul 03, 2015
undecided
Re: Jollof Rice Life by MissJennifer(f): 10:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lmao grin , all for jollof rice!

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Style Of Cooking Jollof Rice / Whats The Wierdest Food Combo U've Ever Had? / How To Make Popcorn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.